• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Uchip said:
Its more that Im too lazy to respond to more than one thing in a post and have no interest in arguing about the intricacies of anime perversion. Thats why I try to change the subject to a more humorous one ;)

The fact is that I have only ever known the type of anime fans that are open to lolibait.

I know the music in k-on is studio quality, its just reaaaaally not my kind of genre

If you want an answer from me, be sure to actually ask a question.
In that case I'm sorry for you, but that laziness doesn't really come across as something positive. I'm really more speaking to your difficulty of engagement than the actual content of the discussion. It's hard to discuss things with you because you don't seem to be interested in the intricacies of ANY anime.

That's acceptable and your perogative. This is the sort of response I'm looking for though. It's not very much, is it? ;)

Anyway, I'll ask a question at a different time, since the original subject is somewhat buried. All I'm really asking is for you to back up some of your more bizarre opinions. Not write a book, just give us some context. Otherwise, you sorta end up looking uneducated...

Instro

zeroshiki said:
I've been on every page of this thread for the last couple hours and I'm not sure what we're even talking about at this point.

Life, the Universe, and Everything...or something like that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Denpa is so much like Bakemono that I'm not sure I have the energy to think about it too much. I think I need to just learn to watch Tiger and Bunny and Enma and embrace my inner-bro.

Or, watch that tea anime.

jman2050

Speaking of Denpa Onna 3, I did get a kick out of the next-to-last scene since as it was happening since I was thinking "you know, this is basically the bicycle scene from TGWLTT" and, of course, five seconds later he makes the reference.

zeroshiki said:
I stopped watching at the same point as you, I think. It was when Tsunade was fighting Orochimaru. Around episode 90 or so. I started Naruto at episode 17 so I basically wasted ~1.5 years of my life watching that shit develop slooooooowly.

You stopped at the worst arc of part 1. Too bad since the one that comes after is the best.

Jex

firehawk12 said:
Denpa is so much like Bakemono that I'm not sure I have the energy to think about it too much. I think I need to just learn to watch Tiger and Bunny and Enma and embrace my inner-bro.

Or Kaiji S2 but oh wait where is episode four?

Jex

Lafiel said:
Since we are talking about old anime at a video store, has anyone here seen Mad Bull? the cover always caught my interest for some reason.
ha ha ha ha ha

I mean.

It's like a documentary on the New York Police department.

Written by Kazou Koike.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Jexhius said:
Especially when you get the harem end!
>:|

I'm our tastes don't clash too much, because you're probably the one who can troll me most effectively.

Also, random thought/idea: A harem anime, but from the point of view of one of the girls, but not the main Ojou TRU LUV girl, one of the side girls. Would watch for the great character study.

Jex

DrForester said:
Anime Hipster is anyone who's seen Violinist of Hameln, not only have people never heard of this anime, but it's not even animated.
What about if you played the game?

jman2050

doomed1 said:
>:|

I'm our tastes don't clash too much, because you're probably the one who can troll me most effectively.

Also, random thought/idea: A harem anime, but from the point of view of one of the girls, but not the main Ojou TRU LUV girl, one of the side girls. Would watch for the great character study.

SZS is the best harem anime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
jman2050 said:
Speaking of Denpa Onna 3, I did get a kick out of the next-to-last scene since as it was happening since I was thinking "you know, this is basically the bicycle scene from TGWLTT" and, of course, five seconds later he makes the reference.
Hah, yeah. It makes me more willing to believe that they were trying to make a Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf reference in the first episode and they just changed the name of Martha to whatever it was in the first episode because... for some random reason. It's just too obvious for that not to be a reference anyway.

Jexhius said:
Kaiji has been so hyped up in here that I have no doubt that I'll be disappointed.

Instro said:
Was wondering about that myself.
Our good friend posted that he's busy with school at the moment.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
cosmicblizzard said:
You stopped at the worst arc of part 1. Too bad since the one that comes after is the best.
"The arc after that is awesome!" is chief among the LIES AND FALSEHOODS peddled by slownen junkies to get unsuspecting victims to stay in their clutches.

jman2050

Branduil said:
Now, crushing your girlfriend to death, that's disturbing.

Okay yeah, that was legitimately disturbing, even watching it years later.

I think my nine-year old self might have died right there seeing that.

Uchip

Banned
doomed1 said:
In that case I'm sorry for you, but that laziness doesn't really come across as something positive. I'm really more speaking to your difficulty of engagement than the actual content of the discussion. It's hard to discuss things with you because you don't seem to be interested in the intricacies of ANY anime.

That's acceptable and your perogative. This is the sort of response I'm looking for though. It's not very much, is it? ;)

Anyway, I'll ask a question at a different time, since the original subject is somewhat buried. All I'm really asking is for you to back up some of your more bizarre opinions. Not write a book, just give us some context. Otherwise, you sorta end up looking uneducated...

I guess you have never been on heavy medication for most of your life
it has nothing to do with my intellect and those comments are a bit insulting really
it tends to make you uninterested in most things...
dealing with your own mortality can make somebody (me) care less about realistic soap operas and slice of life shows and take a liking to fantasy.

for the record im far more interested in the choreography and timing of important scenes than the realism that they intentionally ignore. You certainly chose a strange medium to be critically analyzing.

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
The one that got me, besides the ending, was (spoilerz for a twenty year old movie)
the exploding people scene in the hospital ward. The one with the arm dripping down the wall.
Although I think I just thought it was awesome when first saw it. I was twelve.
It still is awesome!

Dresden

[C] 3:

Not gonna lie, that was pretty good. The investigator woman is a total fox, and her Engrish wasn't excruciatingly bad! Amazing.

Hitokage said:
"The arc after that is awesome!" is chief among the LIES AND FALSEHOODS peddled by slownen junkies to get unsuspecting victims to stay in their clutches.

It's also the lie people said when they told me Utena was awesome.

trejo

I stopped caring about Naruto at about the same point Kishimoto stopped caring about him as well to focus on fantasizing about Sasuke.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
cosmicblizzard said:
It's also the lie people said when they told me Utena was awesome.
I can give you an episode by episode breakdown of what is awesome and what is not about Utena, and it will actually not just have AWESOME slapped everywhere. Furthermore, when you watch Utena you are invested for 39 episodes, no more.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
jman2050 said:
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Best character:
lrqGt.jpg

flawfuls

Hyouge Mono 3

Fantastic episode. I wonder how this show will develop as it goes on. I guess knowing actual history would help here. Does Nobunaga ever actually try to take over China or Korea?

firehawk12 said:

Yes that is exactly what you should do, that is what everyone should do. I don't know how you monocle people can call yourself elitist without watching this show. It's one of the most cultured and sophisticated anime ever. Also it has funny faces that make me laugh.

Uchip

Banned
InfiniteNine said:
Gods are people too! They have feelings! Haven't you read greek mythology?

greek gods also visit earth as animals and rape people
not really the type of person id like to know personally

jman2050

Uchip said:
dealing with your own mortality can make somebody (me) care less about realistic soap operas and slice of life shows and take a liking to fantasy.

For me it's that, for various reasons I may or may not get into, I actually have enormous difficulty relating to real people. So the best way to convey a particular character to me is through exaggeration.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Dresden said:
[C] 3:

Not gonna lie, that was pretty good. The investigator woman is a total fox, and her Engrish wasn't excruciatingly bad! Amazing.

Oh man i have three people confirming to me that I wasn't being crazy!

Steroyd

Uchip said:
sweet mother of assumptions

Now he gets it why he gets dogged on all the time!!

Uchip said:
nah
you are basically mocking me for watching anime that excel at stylistic action and violence
which is what imo, anime does best. Then you go on to criticize my ability to provide intelligent feedback... on what? all you do is act like a pretentious anime snob sensationalizing shows that are very light on the fantasy aspect.
You claim its because you want to work in that department but who the fuck mixes work and leasure like that? you're just straight up laughable and not worth talking to.

Sorry false alarm.

Jexhius said:

Did the air date change or something, the first 2 eps came out subbed on the Tuesday, but last week it came out thursday, and right now it's Friday and zilch. :|

firehawk12 said:
Hah, yeah. It makes me more willing to believe that they were trying to make a Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf reference in the first episode and they just changed the name of Martha to whatever it was in the first episode because... for some random reason. It's just too obvious for that not to be a reference anyway.

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, it's actually a reference to Mother (Earthbound Zero).

Kaiji has been so hyped up in here that I have no doubt that I'll be disappointed.

But all the hype still falls short of Kaiji's own narrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom