• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchip

Banned
Instro said:
Cant wait to watch Girl Who Leapt Through Time this weekend, should be good yo...oh wait are we arguing about stuff? I am furious!

too bad the time travel doesn't make sense therefore it sucks!

zeroshiki said:
Yeah but Anime-GAF is usually quite civil about arguments. Now we've got people wanting to rip each other apart *sniff*

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahhahhahahahha

popcorn.gif

jman2050

Branduil said:
Regarding the most overhyped shows, all of the KEY shows win that battle pretty easily.

Hell, extend that to everything KyoAni has ever made sans FMP and you're right on target.

Just look at the hype for a completely terrible show like Nichijou,

Jex

flawfuls said:
Or her legs/feet.
Both shows do have a thigh/leg fetish though.
cosmicblizzard said:
I'd probably think Madoka was overrated if I was a magical girl fan. Since I'm not, I think it's underrated.
That doesn't even seem possible. I mean, not just here, but on every forum and blog I'm unfortunate enough to stumble upon people love that show like it was the second coming.

jman2050

zeroshiki said:
Yeah but Anime-GAF is usually quite civil about arguments. Now we've got people wanting to rip each other apart *sniff*

What kind of Animu-GAF have YOU been keeping up with?

Hell, I start a K-On argument every three days or so without letup.

Hitokage said:
Index is overhyped by Accelerator fans.

I thought you were trying to troll, not speak truth.

Geneijin

trejo said:
I don't even remember what they started arguing about in the first place but I'm inclined to agree with Uchip cause he's got some sweet dance moves.
You mean the argument they're having now?

Branduil said:
Regarding the most overhyped shows, all of the KEY shows win that battle pretty easily.
Hey, I resent that! Air TV and the movie never had Kanon 06 or Clannad levels of hype.

Hitokage said:
Dividing by zero isn't allowed.
Damn it Hito, be reasonable! Don't bunch all Key animes together like that.

Branduil

jman2050 said:
Hell, extend that to everything KyoAni has ever made sans FMP and you're right on target.

Just look at the hype for a completely terrible show like Nichijou,
Haruhi was at least decent. Most of their other stuff is bad, though.

Hitokage said:
Dividing by zero isn't allowed.
It will be when Madoka rewrites the universe.

zeroshiki

cosmicblizzard said:
hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhaahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahhahhahahahha

Shaddup. I hate you cosmicblizzard! Its not like I ever liked you to begin with.

jman2050 said:

Not to the level of actual fighting :p

Jex

doomed1 said:
Also, I never really got the hate for Azusa. She's a great straightman character and actually seems like the most "normal" of the group. Is it the loli pandering and fanservice she ends up providing?
Someone has to troll Unknown Soldier I guess.

trejo

jman2050 said:

Remind me to thank you for that sometime. Keep up the good work.

Branduil

I feel so smart for dropping Index right after the main guy got amnesia.

firehawk12 said:
After E8, I don't think anyone cares about Haruhi anymore. :lol

It's pretty crazy how badly they mishandled the sequel.

jman2050

firehawk12 said:
After E8, I don't think anyone cares about Haruhi anymore. :lol

There's a third season coming out next year + the last (?) novels come out next month.

Expect the hype to begin anew very soon.

zeroshiki

Branduil said:
Haruhi was at least decent. Most of their other stuff is bad, though.

The Haruhi movie was incredible. The first season and Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody too. The movie shoot bored me to tears though.

Jex

flawfuls said:
Denpa 3

I like how the main characters little revenge at the very beginning seems to be making the girl listen to the OP song.
I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy :(

jman2050

I made it to the Accelerator fight on the hopes that it would be bearable at that point.

When it turned out to be all the same shit (Accelerator should have won that fight in five seconds flat. Oh wait. Windmills.) I was done forever.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
jman2050 said:
There's a third season coming out next year + the last (?) novels come out next month.

Expect the hype to begin anew very soon.
I suppose I have no idea how the Japanese nerd audience took it, but I get the feeling that E8 left a bad taste in everyone's mouth here anyway.

I think the fact that Bandai didn't bother with a BD release kind of shows it as well.

zeroshiki

jman2050 said:
I made it to the Accelerator fight on the hopes that it would be bearable at that point.

When it turned out to be all the same shit (Accelerator should have won that fight in five seconds flat. Oh wait. Windmills.) I was done forever.

That was what was stupid about Index. Accelerator could have killed Toma in the blink of an eye. If we, however, get past that incongruity, Accelerator is pretty badass and saved S2.

Jex

Halycon said:
I'm pretty sure Haruhi or Bakemonogatari are the most overrated shows of the last few years.
Seems about right.

Then again, I've never seen a thread where everyone was praising Bakemonogatari without pointing out it's flaws. But I guess it did sell far, far too much for what is was.

jman2050 said:

Should be interesting with the other guys who are stronger than him coming soon.

zeroshiki

Jexhius said:
Seems about right.

Then again, I've never seen a thread where everyone was praising Bakemonogatari without pointing out it's flaws. But I guess it did sell far, far too much for what is was.

If we're gonna talk anime that gets universal praise, we should start with Ghibli.

What others are there?

Detective Conan 1

As a long-time fan of mysteries and detectives, I can't resist starting this most famous (and only?) detective anime, even though I know that I'll never be able to finish it because it will never finish.

This first episode doesn't waste any time with the murders, showing the first one in the OP and introducing Kudo immediately with the dramatic summation. Then we get a second murder committed and solved - and that's even before the central premise of the show is set in motion! It's no-nonsense about its classic mystery tropes, but I love them, so I don't mind. I do look forward to more complicated cases in the future.

Also:

ylXyy.jpg

Tsundere alert!

jman2050

Infinite Justice said:
Should be interesting with the other guys who are stronger than him coming soon.

I read many of the novel spoilers and even some excerpts.

It's all still the same shit. Just on a larger scale.

Steroyd

Hellsing321 said:
Hype is hype. The buzz for Madoka around the net was on another level. It was like Haruhi when that came out.

That's not quite a fair comparison, Haruhi didn't have a 1 month delay after its best episode came out which was where the hype was at its most awesome, plus the best character trolling littlie girls was great to watch throughout.

Branduil

Any good original anime(that has a dramatic storyline) is going to get a lot of hype just because nobody knows for sure what is going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom