• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Guaranteed buyers for the special blu-ray episodes?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Dresden said:
Fate/Zero faces a different challenge, though. They'll need to cram in four novels into (presumably) a single season. And for every missed scene or character Type-Moon fanboys are going to howl. Lol.
I think they'll be cool as long as Kiritsugu remains a badass.

Jex

Halycon said:
I see, but I don't think they can get very far in the story. Even the manga is moving at a snail's pace. Expect asspulls.
Oh, great.

I don't know how I feel about filling in details about characters after their demise. I mean, what's the point in building a connection with a character whose most emotional moment, narratively, has passed? I guess it can work sometimes.

duckroll

Dresden said:
Fate/Zero faces a different challenge, though. They'll need to cram in four novels into (presumably) a single season. And for every missed scene or character Type-Moon fanboys are going to howl. Lol.

The only challenge Fate/Zero faces is that it is a Type-Moon product. That alone means even the most capable staff in the world will likely fail at making it entertaining or worthwhile.

Haly

The father was Kind of a Big Deal. His flashbacks serve to flesh out both his character and other characters.

Also plot device etc etc.

Lol shots fired.

Jex

Halycon said:
The father was Kind of a Big Deal. His flashbacks serve to flesh out both his character and other characters.

Also plot device etc etc.
Yeah, I wasn't referring to his story significance (which is obviously high) but rather whole narrative structure with which the creator decided to use.

Risette

A Good Citizen
duckroll said:
The only challenge Fate/Zero faces is that it is a Type-Moon product. That alone means even the most capable staff in the world will likely fail at making it entertaining or worthwhile.
Yeah, this.

zeroshiki

duckroll said:

ICE COLD

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
duckroll said:
Technically it's a Nitro+ product since the source material is written by N+ staff. With the artwork, lore, and probably supervision being the only things Type-Moon provided.

Jex

duckroll said:
Dropping the bomb, as it were.

jman2050

duckroll said:

Counter-point: It isn't a Type-Moon product, it simply takes place in a Type-Moon universe.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
jman2050 said:
Counter-point: It isn't a Type-Moon product, it simply takes place in a Type-Moon universe.
This is pretty much true. Fate/Zero is entirely credited to Nitro+ and is only published by Type Moon.

Haly

I'm somewhat looking forward to it? I'm not a big fan of the FSN franchise or anything but I do like the mythos.

Haly

Jexhius said:
That's not extreme enough!
I save my XTREME fanboyism for stuff like Denpa Onna.

WHICH IS STILL THE SUPERIOR SPRING SEASON SHOW BTW. Everyone go watch.

(The Colony Drop article on yanderes makes me feel ashamed I'm very much attracted to them)

duckroll

InfiniteNine said:
It's adapted from his material. :p

The sub-scenario from 428 which Type-Moon wrote is completely different from the anime. Maybe you're the one who should do some research before sprouting nonsense. The Canaan anime takes place years after 428 ended.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
duckroll said:
The sub-scenario from 428 which Type-Moon wrote is completely different from the anime. Maybe you're the one who should do some research before sprouting nonsense. The Canaan anime takes place years after 428 ended.
Setting an example here. Don't give credit of a specific work when they didn't have a hand in it's creation. Fate/Zero's scenario is Gen (Nitro+)'s work not Nasu (Type-Moon)'s work.

duckroll

InfiniteNine said:
Setting an example here. Don't give credit of a specific work when they didn't have a hand in it's creation. Fate/Zero's scenario is Gen's work not Nasu's work.

Fate/Zero is a novel series written by Gen, based on the universe and characters Nasu created, with character art and design by Takeuchi. Canaan is a TV series written by Mari Okada, based on the universe and characters Nasu created, with character art and design by Takeuchi.

Lulz?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
duckroll said:
Fate/Zero is a novel series written by Gen, based on the universe and characters Nasu created, with character art and design by Takeuchi. Canaan is a TV series written by Mari Okada, based on the universe and characters Nasu created, with character art and design by Takeuchi.

Lulz?
So everything made in the Type-Moon universe is automatically crap then? Is that what you are trying to say? Just because Okada fucked it up it doesn't mean Gen didn't write an interesting take on the previous Holy Grail War.

duckroll

InfiniteNine said:
So everything made in the Type-Moon universe is automatically crap then? Is that what you are trying to say?

No, that's not what I'm trying to say. That's what I said. I don't think it was hard to understand at all, nor was it subtle. :)

Lain

I liked Canaan a lot, I don't completely understand why it is disliked as much as you guys do, just as I don't get all the hate for Type-Moon.
If we can keep hyping BONES crap every season, then we surely can get a little bit hopeful for something based on Type-moon universe, right?!

Izayoi

Banned
Lain said:
I liked Canaan a lot, I don't completely understand why it is disliked as much as you guys do, just as I don't get all the hate for Type-Moon.
If we can keep hyping BONES crap every season, then we surely can get a little bit hopeful for something based on Type-moon universe, right?!
I still haven't watched the last episode of Canaan.

People tell me it ruins everything. I'm scared. ;_;

Lain

Izayoi said:
I still haven't watched the last episode of Canaan.

People tell me it ruins everything. I'm scared. ;_;
I liked the last episode just as much as the others, but I can see why people would think it ruins everything. It just didn't for me.

Erigu

duckroll said:
The sub-scenario from 428 which Type-Moon wrote is completely different from the anime.
It established most of the settings for the TV series though, with some contradictions with the main game here and there...
(and it was oh-so-boring, too)

Izayoi said:
Her name's Horo, by the way.
I haven't read nor watched the series, but I was under the impression that (just in case)
she was known under another name, and the whole thing looked like a pun on the word "Hollow"
?

Lain

Steroyd said:
Japaneese pronunciation or romanisation (or both) always have this problem with l's and r's goddamnit. >_<

Ii's why Anaru hates being called Anaru.
Given the type of girls she goes out with, I bet people would think she can't keep her asscheeks shut as well as her legs.

Articalys

Look at what you all did, making me pull the Korbo signature out of storage again:

W7ppV.png

I also think it's Holo

Jex

Izayoi said:
Her name's Horo, by the way.

Fucking school getting in the way of my anime watching. Ugh.
There can be only one.
InfiniteNine said:
Stop making fun of Holo's handwriting Brandy! We know you can write in cursive.
It's a vital life skill, useful to anyone seeking to make headway in the modern labour market.

This thread is slowing down with this apart from when we're all hating discussing something.

Cwarrior

Stiens Gate ep5

Really entertaining episode with the first half being really funny conversation between characters and later bit moving the main conspiracy plot forward.
There sure is a lot of information to take in making it complex and not an easy show to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom