• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

tiff said:
We've gone further than kissing, though, so I guess it depends on one's perspective on what's the weirdest level of weird.
Naturally, I'm just assuming here in regards to what an occasional lurker would find more weird.

I was supposed to buy the BRD of Sword of the Stranger this month (Akira next) together with the last box of E7, but I bought the BRDs of Fast and Furious 1 & 4 instead (since they would cost me less together than the BRD for Sword).
I guess I'll get it next month together with Akira.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Lain said:
I feel we'll never be able to beat "dude kissing pony on bed" level of weird, personally, at least for the occasional lurker.

Well it was more, Pony Thread will never out weird the Madoka thread.

Steroyd

Uchip said:
the fact that they are ponies, and the show is designed for young girls makes it infinitely weirder than anything in here

You haven't met Culian on IRC have you? He alone elevates the wierdness to new heights. :|

TheOddOne

I just found out that Natsume Yuujinchou is getting a third season. My body is so ready.

No. 6, Kami-sama no Memo-chō, Usagi Drop and Blood-C look pretty decent.

tiff

Banned
Steroyd said:
You haven't met Culian on IRC have you? He alone elevates the wierdness to new heights. :|
People outside of AnimeGAF chat on the IRC too?

jman2050 said:
Not a fair comparison, the delay messed with our collective psyche!
If a little over a month did that to MadokaGAF then I can't wait to see what PonyGAF's like once season 2 finally comes.

30 year old virgin 6

This is the first time I'm genuinely curious what was said during the censor. Did she admit she's a virgin, accept the dude's feelings, or is she really a man?

Neo C.

Gosick is kind of weird. Kujo's always running away from Victorique whenever he sees something interesting, even though he supposed to be worried about her.

Izayoi

Banned
Neo C. said:
Gosick is kind of weird. Kujo's always running away from Victorique whenever he sees something interesting, even though he supposed to be worried about her.
That bugs the shit out of me.

Great show otherwise.

Articalys

I think I finally found something to bridge the gap between Iroha and AnoHana fans:

YfLDX.jpg

Dresden

lolwut:

The second issue of Kadokawa Shoten's 4-Koma Nano Ace magazine shipped on Monday with the first installment of Barcode Geass: Hanbai no Lelouch (Barcode Geass: Lelouch of the Sale), Nao Katō's new four-panel spinoff manga based on the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion television anime series. The manga re-imagines the anime's title character Lelouch Lamperouge as a part-time convenience store worker. Code Geass script supervisor Ichiro Okouchi and director Goro Taniguchi are credited with the original story.

Jex

Rahxephon91 said:
All the Redline talk on the last Anime World Order simply makes me excited for it. I need to see this movie.
I know. It's painful.
Lafiel said:
Shinbo at number #1 makes me rage. At the bottom of the list there's a number of great directors on there, at least, even if the top 3 is so so wrong.
Number is certainly ridiculous, but it's not like he's an awful director.

Deadman Wonderland 5

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Jesus fuck, Shiro. Gotta see what that was like in the manga.

The fight against Crow was all right. Ganta probably shouldn't have won, but I guess he would've died if he didn't. If not, the subsequent punishment game would've fucked him up a bit. Still needs to get some control over his powers.

Jex

M_Night said:
[C] 5

Probably my favourite episode so far. It seems like the financial district has a huge impact on the real world. A lot bigger than I was expecting anyway.
Well it really does feel like this show is getting better every episode.

faridmon

So I hear this season is pretty good. This week is the only week I am free until two weeks anyway and I haven't watched anything beside the 1st ep. of Maria Holic 2nd season which sucked.

oh and I haven't watched anything beside Madoka from last season either...

Steroyd

faridmon said:
So I hear this season is pretty good. This week is the only week I am free until two weeks anyway and I haven't watched anything beside the 1st ep. of Maria Holic 2nd season which sucked.

Hanasaka Iroha
Dororon Enma Kun
Ano Hana

jman2050

faridmon said:

Denpa Onna

Ano Hana

Rektash

faridmon said:

Check out Ano Hana. Seems like a pretty safe bet if you like Drama anime without much melodrama(yet).

Battle Girls 05 - This show is amusing. It's not great, but it's okay. Still feels like a not as good Koihime Musou (first season) clone -- supposedly set in a historical period, all relevant characters are female versions of male characters, mostly bloodless fighting and comedy instead of serious war -- but while it isn't as good, it is entertaining. In this episode, we see that even the zombies support Nobunaga. Also, Tokugawa's kind of suspicious, for sure...

Steroyd said:
Vampire Princess Miyu - 09

I find this episode scary mainly on the fact there are people out there who are that obsessive about their pets, okay not it all ends in despair Princess Miyu bad but bad nontheless.

And lolz at Miyu being a minute too late.
Despair Princess Miyu... fitting. :)

Articalys said:
I think I finally found something to bridge the gap between Iroha and AnoHana fans:

YfLDX.jpg
Cute... :)

Izayoi said:
That's good stuff. Is that a reference to some poster, though? I don't know. But it is amusing as an image on its own.

Ano Hana 5

This messed-up group of old friends has begun to take the first steps towards healing by being open about their problems. The best cure for one messed-up person is often another messed-up person, after all.

I hope Naruko can gather the courage to ditch her friends, though it's clear why she keeps hanging around them even when she's uncomfortable. The fear of being alone is strong in every person. Maybe the awkward connection she formed with Yukiatsu at the end of the episode can be the start of healthy relationships for both of them.

faridmon said:

Toriko, Ao no Exorcist and maybe Deadman Wonderland if you want shounen action.
Dororon Enma Kun and Kaiji if you want pure manliness.
Tiger & Bunny and X-men if you want good super hero shows.
Nichijou, Sket Dance and Gintama if you want comedy.
Iroha and Anohana if you want drama (maybe Denpa Onna as well).

This season has a lot of stuff.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Junkers come here was pretty great, down-to-earth storyline that's a mix of slice of life, drama and supernatural (in other words resonates 100% with my personal tastes) great direction, and key animation by mitsuo iso and masahiro ando it doesn't get any better than this!

It also covers a theme that i never really see explored in anime that much, so it wins even more points for that, i also found the supernatural element to be really well-done and was never used cheaply in any way.

Other show updates (since i watched a lot yesterday).

Dororon enma-kun 5 - First half wasn't that great, but second half had lots of T&A so it was fracking awesome.

Anne of green gables 9 - If this was paced like a normal anime - diana would have been introduced episodes ago.

Aria the natural 3 - Damn shotas...

Thanks for the recommendations lads. I do like drama without melodrama.
I also wouldn't be hesitant to recommend [C] now since it seems to be getting and better, however anohana, hanasaku iroha and dororon enma-kun should have top priority.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom