• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aigis said:
Isn't the Netflix version dubbed?

People say that the Japanese voices are really good and perfect for the characters or something. I dunno.

Yeah, Netflix is always dubbed. But I figure I can watch that this time and subs with the Blu-ray.

Dynedom

zeroshiki said:
I think everyone's heard of Zeta by now.

Re: anime list

7-10 should be on top. Oh wait, just below Taniguchi Goro of course.

It's not Zeta (the anime I didn't want to name, I mean). Tomino did kill off a major chunk of his cast...but not his entire cast.

Anyway, I doubt people would watch it unless they were huge into mecha anime / retro mecha anime / Tomino's work.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Dynedom said:
It's not Zeta (the anime I didn't want to name, I mean). Tomino did kill off a major chunk of his cast...but not his entire cast.

Anyway, I doubt people would watch it unless they were huge into mecha anime / retro mecha anime / Tomino's work.
Ideon?

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Aigis said:
Ideon?

datafro%20%282%29.jpg

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
I'd finish Spice and Wolf, but I have much more worthwhile things on my backlog. Actually some of these things I'll probably just drop eventually, maybe I'll start some other shows instead.

Steroyd

Uchip said:
the series seemed to attract huge amounts of yuri fans even though there was only one "intimate" scene in the entire show and it wasn't sexual in the slightest

maybe they start imagining the different character tropes together in their minds in one big hentai orgy and the result is what works best

Don't worry young padawan, in time you will learn the ways of the anime.

firehawk12 said:
Missed this on the last page. Maybe I just assume anything involving ghosts will involve a twist, because supernatural stuff is hardly played straight. I also think it'd be more interesting if it was Jintan dealing with mental illness rather than just a ghost hanging around that conveniently never reveals herself when other people are around.

But, like I said, if she's a ghost that fades away in the last episode, then that's fine with me.

There's other discrepencies like why did it take 10 years (?) for Menma's ghost to appear, and all grown up to.

Articalys

Well.
I made a good choice. An excellent choice.
Love it when a show actually has well-written characters.
Even managed to follow the economics, for the most part!
Already sad it's going to run out after only 26 episodes, considering the amount of material there is to adapt. Kind of like with Baccano, and that lasted even less.

Love the soundtrack. Beautiful opening song -- "During the Journey" is the straight translation of 旅の途中, but are there any alternate ways to read it?

Jex

Nonoriri said:
I'd finish Spice and Wolf, but I have much more worthwhile things on my backlog. Actually some of these things I'll probably just drop eventually, maybe I'll start some other shows instead.
mAcOdIn wont be best pleased.

Uchip

Banned
Jexhius said:
mAcOdIn wont be best pleased.

when I said that it wasnt for everybody...
certain people NEED anime conventions, and it might be those that they enjoy about anime in the first place. If it had scenes of super-deformed humour I probably wouldnt watch it either.

Rektash

So I just finished Madoka and I did like it quite a bit. Strangly consistent over 12 episodes, I guess Shaft learned something from their last shows. The first couple of episodes were kinda weak in comparison but still very watchable. The ending wasn't perfect but it did the job just fine. The Soundtrack was a decent Yuki OST even though I think she can do a lot better.

Yeah I am kinda pleased with this show. I am not seeing Denpa Onna anywhere near this though.

squall23

Animelo 2010 Day 2

As I expected, not as good as day 1 but it did have it's own awesome moments:

1. Endoh Masaaki solo (too bad he didn't sing Yuusha Oh Tanjou)
2. HOLY CRAP IT'S KOTOKO LIVE WITH RE-SUBLIMITY

No 30K+ people singing along a song, no nostalgia song with original singer, but still not bad.

M_Night said:
[C] 5

Probably my favourite episode so far. It seems like the financial district has a huge impact on the real world. A lot bigger than I was expecting anyway.

The OP and ED are both great.

【C】- Opening 1: "Matoryoshika"

【C】- Ending 1: "RPG"

Torn between this and Ano Hana's ED for my favourite of the season.

I like the ending RPG theme, something chill about the music. The opening I could careless for. Seikon's ending and Blue Exorcist are tied for my favorite ending, ignoring the long running series.

Steroyd

Hen Semi - 06

This confuses me, did Japan somehow get a moral compass towards anime all of a sudden.

2irop5v.png

And on a show attempting perverted fetishes at that.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Steroyd said:
Hen Semi - 06

This confuses me, did Japan somehow get a moral compass towards anime all of a sudden.

And on a show attempting perverted fetishes at that.

They are just trying to get people to buy the uncensored BDs.

Steroyd

Saiyar said:
They are just trying to get people to buy the uncensored BDs.

Apparently the version I watched WAS THE UNCENSORED VERSION.

Unless they're going to uncensor the uncensored version, now they're just being silly.

Jarmel

Banned
M_Night said:
[C] 5

Probably my favourite episode so far. It seems like the financial district has a huge impact on the real world. A lot bigger than I was expecting anyway.

The OP and ED are both great.

【C】- Opening 1: "Matoryoshika"

【C】- Ending 1: "RPG"

Torn between this and Ano Hana's ED for my favourite of the season.

Agreed. The ED is fantastic and I'm a fan of Nico so really both are perfect to me. While I do like Ano Hana's OP and ED, C pulls out a win for me.

Steroyd

Vampire Princess Miyu - 09

I find this episode scary mainly on the fact there are people out there who are that obsessive about their pets, okay not it all ends in despair Princess Miyu bad but bad nontheless.

And lolz at Miyu being a minute too late.

Lain

DrForester said:
This is why I tell the people in the Pony thread that the anime thread will always have them beat on weird.
I feel we'll never be able to beat "dude kissing pony on bed" level of weird, personally, at least for the occasional lurker.

tiff

Banned
We've gone further than kissing, though, so I guess it depends on one's perspective on what's the weirdest level of weird.

Uchip

Banned
tiff said:
We've gone further than kissing, though, so I guess it depends on one's perspective on what's the weirdest level of weird.

the fact that they are ponies, and the show is designed for young girls makes it infinitely weirder than anything in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom