• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KtSlime

Uchip said:
yea
one piece is clearly for little girls

Well.... While it is syounen, I find that it has a much stronger female following, most of my Japanese female friends read it, while most of my guy friends read Bleach. In fact, I believe OnePiece has a stronger female following than most syoujyo/jyosei.

Uchip

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:
Well.... While it is syounen, I find that it has a much stronger female following, most of my Japanese female friends read it, while most of my guy friends read Bleach.

Bleach is just bad though

zeroshiki

ivedoneyourmom said:
Well.... While it is syounen, I find that it has a much stronger female following, most of my Japanese female friends read it, while most of my guy friends read Bleach.

You clearly have not very many Japanese friends.

I think I never did a review of Battle Girls 04 (I posted one of 05 earlier), so here one is.

Battle Girls 04 - More moderately entertaining stuff, in a show that doesn't exactly take itself (or its subject) very seriously. :) So two characters are fighting an endless series of duels that they always draw. Nobunaga wants their armor of course, so after quite a while of watching their absurdity she intervenes and crushes them both. One demands death before dishonor, but the other intervenes to save her, proving Hideyoshi's point that they actually were friends and not enemies right. Nobunaga decides to spare them both. This is a pretty nice Nobunaga compared to the historical one. Okay episode, if nothing special.

firehawk12 said:
The Killing is an AMC murder mystery series.
Ah. Haven't heard of it. The picture does work on its own reasonably well, though.

KtSlime

zeroshiki said:
You clearly have not very many Japanese friends.

Eh, they are mostly Toukyouites, so their taste is always questionable. ;)

Edit: Actually I think it would be better to say that my guy friends probably read both.

zeroshiki

ivedoneyourmom said:
Eh, they are mostly Toukyouites, so their taste is always questionable. ;)

Edit: Actually I think it would be better to say that my guy friends probably read both.

OP is the best selling manga ever. Everyone reads it.

Also, you're doing it wrong. If you want to be pedantic, its Toukyou.

Enron

Banned
uchip is lashing out

because he likes wearing women's clothes too

but doesn't want to accept it

ITS THE ONLY EXPLANATION

ivedoneyourmom said:
Well.... While it is syounen, I find that it has a much stronger female following, most of my Japanese female friends read it, while most of my guy friends read Bleach. In fact, I believe OnePiece has a stronger female following than most syoujyo/jyosei.

And I bet Halo has a bigger female following than most video games aimed at girls.

When we're talking about a super best seller like OP, you don't get just one demographic following it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Uchip said:
stop what?
having freedom of speech? no
Ok, let's get something straight right now: This s a private website. As far as this website is concerned, you have no freedom of speech. You are entirely within your rights to get your own podium, but in the meantime stop shitting up this thread with your insecurities.

Uchip

Banned
Hitokage said:
Ok, let's get something straightened up right now: This s a private website. As far as this website is concerned, you have no freedom of speech. You are entirely within your rights to get your own podium, but in the meantime stop shitting up this thread with your insecurities.

please explain to me how I am "shitting up the thread with my insecurities" and I will have a think about what ive said.

flawfuls

Nichijou 7

My least favourite episode so far. The two long weird segments in the first half were not very funny and the second half was all robo girl and all terrible. The alternate version of the song for the ED was nice though.

Uchip

Banned
tiff said:
I don't know about insecurities but you were being kind of rude.

I didn't even want to talk about it any more
but people responded
my point was that "pretty" is very much a social standard, and most of society would not find guys dressing up as girls to be pretty

either way its done

Articalys

flawfuls said:
Nichijou 7

My least favourite episode so far. The two long weird segments in the first half were not very funny and the second half was all robo girl and all terrible. The alternate version of the song for the ED was nice though.
I thought the first part was great, like it was a parody of the climax of a Ghibli movie plot or something. Teachers skit was good too, but yeah the second half was crap. Loved the eyecatches as usual.
More anime songs need acapella versions.

Soma

Bakemonogatari 1 - 15

really lttp but i kept seeing it mentioned around. this was probably not a good idea to marathon this anime under the course of half a day. :|

buuuut yeah definitely not what I was expecting. after the second episode i got used to the whole setup. i enjoyed it though and it had some good moments. it was interesting to say the least lol.

I probably watched it wrong, but the only scenes I enjoyed is the scenes with Senjougahara. I don't care for the Main, he's the typical White Knight in harem series.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
flawfuls said:
Nichijou 7

Really? I thought the opening was fucking awesome and it had such a great payoff that made it all worth it.

But then again, the last segment of the episode with the jar was hilarious to me, so who knows. (Such a beautiful troll ending... poor Yuko!)

Steroyd

Uchip said:
but people responded
my point was that "pretty" is very much a social standard, and most of society would not find guys dressing up as girls to be pretty

either way its done

Then why bring it up?

If you're going to voice an opinion in the manner you do you're going to have to do more than pull the freedom of speech card then walk away.

Someone needs to watch some Guy or Girl episodes of Jerry Springer.

Uchip

Banned
Steroyd said:
Then why bring it up?

If you're going to voice an opinion in the manner you do you're going to have to do more than pull the freedom of speech card then walk away.

Someone needs to watch some Guy or Girl episodes of Jerry Springer.

why

Nichijou 7

Someone needs to expand that opening segment on the airship into a full-length narrative.

Poor Yuko. She never catches a break.

That KyoAni can decide to make the ED of this episode a remixed near-acapella version for no reason is the reason I love this show.

flawfuls

hosannainexcelsis said:
Nichijou 7

Someone needs to expand that opening segment on the airship into a full-length narrative.

That is how I felt too. I've been spoiled by Gintama doing similar kinds of segments and putting more effort into them.

flawfuls said:
That is how I felt too. I've been spoiled by Gintama doing similar kinds of segments and putting more effort into them.

I thought KyoAni put a pretty good amount of effort into the segment such as it was; they just didn't decide to take the whole episode and flesh it out. Which is fine for the structure of the show. It just opens up tantalizing possibilities...

And I really, really need to watch Gintama.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
flawfuls said:
Nichijou 7

Yep all of those things are very true.

Jerk

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
Toriko, Ao no Exorcist and maybe Deadman Wonderland if you want shounen action.
Dororon Enma Kun and Kaiji if you want pure manliness.
Tiger & Bunny and X-men if you want good super hero shows.
Nichijou, Sket Dance and Gintama if you want comedy.
Iroha and Anohana if you want drama (maybe Denpa Onna as well).

This season has a lot of stuff.

The only show worth watching.

Geneijin

Uchip said:
but people responded

either way its done
Master Milk said:
Haha, that's cute.

You realize you've got a Chopper avatar, right?

If you're not gonna defend your point, just don't respond.

If you don't want the discussion to go any further, just don't respond at all. I've warned you about this before.

Jex

jman2050 said:
Denpa Onna

Ano Hana
But you missed the best show.
hosannainexcelsis said:
Ano Hana 5
Maybe the awkward connection she formed with Yukiatsu at the end of the episode can be the start of healthy relationships for both of them.
Healthy, normal relationships are dull, so I hope not!

Jex

Dresden

Weekly Oricon DVD & Blu-ray Rankings for May 2 - 8
DVD
*1, 3,234 *,*19,368 Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 4 - The Lost Tower Limited Edition
*2, 1,533 *,*58,712 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.3
*3, 1,346 1,070,670 My Neighbor Totoro
*4, 1,198 *,*10,295 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica vol.1 Limited Edition
*5, 1,015 *,**6,998 Kuroshitsuji II vol.8 Limited Edition
*6, 1,005 *,*1,0837 Manga Nihon Mukashi Banashi DVD Box vol.2
*7, *,962 *,**6,937 Detective Conan Magic File 2011
*8, *,922 *,*16,647 Manga Nihon Mukashi Banashi DVD Box vol.1

Blu-ray
*1, 5,671 **5,671 Shinryaku! Ika Musume vol.5
*2, 4,823 *57,767 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica vol.1 Limited Edition
*3, 1,742 102,615 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.3
*4, 1,334 *16,900 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai vol.5 Limited Edition
*5, *,877 **4,789 Amagami SS vol.13 Limited Edition
*6, *,752 **4,212 Amagami SS vol.12 Limited Edition
*7, *,707 **4,559 Tantei Opera Milky Holmes vol.4
*8, *,655 ***,655 Rio: Rainbow Gate! vol.1
*9, *,608 111,331 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.2
10, *,539 **5,950 Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto vol.4 Limited Edition
11, *,514 111,330 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.1
12, *,426 *27,490 IS: Infinite Stratos vol.1
13, *,390 **3,821 Freezing vol.2

Steroyd

Uchip said:
and it was discussed, someone got offended, I apologized
now you bring it back up
why?

Because you've done this on more than one occasion with your opinions. I'm trying to point out this vicious little cycle you seem to be unaware of.

Articalys

Dresden said:
Weekly Oricon DVD & Blu-ray Rankings for May 2 - 8
DVD
*1, 3,234 *,*19,368 Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 4 - The Lost Tower Limited Edition
*2, 1,533 *,*58,712 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.3
*3, 1,346 1,070,670 My Neighbor Totoro
*4, 1,198 *,*10,295 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica vol.1 Limited Edition
*5, 1,015 *,**6,998 Kuroshitsuji II vol.8 Limited Edition
*6, 1,005 *,*1,0837 Manga Nihon Mukashi Banashi DVD Box vol.2
*7, *,962 *,**6,937 Detective Conan Magic File 2011
*8, *,922 *,*16,647 Manga Nihon Mukashi Banashi DVD Box vol.1

Blu-ray
*1, 5,671 **5,671 Shinryaku! Ika Musume vol.5
*2, 4,823 *57,767 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica vol.1 Limited Edition
*3, 1,742 102,615 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.3
*4, 1,334 *16,900 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai vol.5 Limited Edition
*5, *,877 **4,789 Amagami SS vol.13 Limited Edition
*6, *,752 **4,212 Amagami SS vol.12 Limited Edition
*7, *,707 **4,559 Tantei Opera Milky Holmes vol.4
*8, *,655 ***,655 Rio: Rainbow Gate! vol.1
*9, *,608 111,331 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.2
10, *,539 **5,950 Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto vol.4 Limited Edition
11, *,514 111,330 Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn vol.1
12, *,426 *27,490 IS: Infinite Stratos vol.1
13, *,390 **3,821 Freezing vol.2
Only just this week did I notice this was up there. It looks so out of place with all the modern titles.

Uchip

Banned
Steroyd said:
Because you've done this on more than one occasion with your opinions. I'm trying to point out this vicious little cycle you seem to be unaware of.

lol
animu sycophants
just shh

Steroyd said:

He's a thinly disguised troll, if everyone just ignored him he would get sad and just leave.

Uchip said:
lol
animu sycophants
just shh

The only reason you aren't banned yet is because the mods who post in this thread are generally cool and you have that experienced troll skill of dancing around on the line but never crossing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom