• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

C 5

This show does seem to get better each episode. Midas money is some serious business.

Poor teacher can't catch a break though it seems to me like he's taking it all rather too well.

And they toned down on the ugly CG this episode which is welcome. I mean, IS has better looking CG people, what's up with that?

faridmon

Again, thanks geezers for the recommendation. Can't wait to jump on the exciting train of this season. I am still angry how they managed to botcher Maria Holic. God, what a mess that Episode was. Anyone else watched beyond the first episode? did it became better?

Also, I'll wait until Kaiji is finished, I like my nerve to be played with continuously rather than in doses. Also, no Deadman Wonderland as I am reading the Manga.

mAcOdIn

faridmon said:
I am still angry how they managed to botcher Maria Holic. God, what a mess that Episode was. Anyone else watched beyond the first episode? did it became better?
I never thought Maria+Holic was especially great the first season so I'm hesitant to say they butchered it but the tone is definitely different, I'm caught up on the second season as well and I think it's safe to say it's not as good as the first.

faridmon

mAcOdIn said:
I never thought Maria+Holic was especially great the first season so I'm hesitant to say they butchered it but the tone is definitely different, I'm caught up on the second season as well and I think it's safe to say it's not as good as the first.
I have already had this discussion with another fella in this thread. Maria Holic was very much a satire warped in a shojo comedy clothing which I appreciated so much. It did drag along few spots here and there, but many times, managed to deliver a chuckle from me the way it makes fun of the medium on itself.

Too bad the 2nd season doesn't appear to be good, I'll give it a chance or two, but I am expecting another Gunslinger Girl 2 disappointment

firehawk12

Subete no aware
faridmon said:
I have already had this discussion with another fella in this thread. Maria Holic was very much a satire warped in a shojo comedy clothing which I appreciated so much. It did drag along few spots here and there, but many times, managed to deliver a chuckle from me the way it makes fun of the medium on itself.

Too bad the 2nd season doesn't appear to be good, I'll give it a chance or two, but I am expecting another Gunslinger Girl 2 disappointment
I can't even remember if the first season was that good, tbh.

The second season just drags though. Haven't seen past episode 3.

cosmicblizzard said:
Deadman Wonderland 5

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Jesus fuck, Shiro. Gotta see what that was like in the manga.

The fight against Crow was all right. Ganta probably shouldn't have won, but I guess he would've died if he didn't. If not, the subsequent punishment game would've fucked him up a bit. Still needs to get some control over his powers.
I'm quite disappointed in the Anime. It doesn't capture the feel of the manga at all and changed some important scenes. The shoehorned scenes ruins the pacing.

tiff

Banned
faridmon said:
Again, thanks geezers for the recommendation. Can't wait to jump on the exciting train of this season. I am still angry how they managed to botcher Maria Holic. God, what a mess that Episode was. Anyone else watched beyond the first episode? did it became better?
I've enjoyed the last few episodes more than the first few. I didn't hate the first one though so YMMV.

trejo

God's pretty much the only reason I keep watching as everything else can be a drag.

The real disappointments, though, are the OP/ED. I guess they figured there was no way to top the previous ones so they didn't even bother trying.

Ezalc

Whoa wait, there's Redline talk? Somebody needs to elaborate please. I've been looking forward to that movie so much. I wish that they would finish Trava Fist Planet though after the whole Redline thing is finished. :(

Uchip

Banned
Ezalc said:
Whoa wait, there's Redline talk? Somebody needs to elaborate please. I've been looking forward to that movie so much. I wish that they would finish Trava Fist Planet though after the whole Redline thing is finished. :(

its being shown at certain film festivals
apparently its good

thats all i know :p

Ezalc

Uchip said:
its being shown at certain film festivals
apparently its good

thats all i know :p

cvlh7.gif

Goddamnit. My day just got worse.

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi ep 5 and 6
Well since tumblr wants to act dumb, no image....I was glad Ritsu Onodera was at least shown a bit. Honestly definitely prefer him over the current two of focus. I cant believe Chiaki has to hide under a pen name, highly doubt that anyone would care that the romance mangaka for shoujo is male, unless there is something I dont grasp. Hate the pairing, Yuu + Chiaki would be better, at least Chiaki is easy to relate to.

Ezalc

Uchip said:
wait what?
isnt this a good thing?

No. It was shown in a bunch of conventions or whatever before, and there still hasn't been any news of a release date for it. Shit like this doesn't change anything as far as I'm concerned, especially since I don't live where they're showing the movie.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Redline is coming to BD on August 10th (JP version, has Engsubs)/September somethingth(US/UK/AUS)

Just thought I'd let you all know!

Uchip

Banned
to be honest though
it does the opposite of making you look pretty
but if it works for you i guess that's all that matters

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Uchip said:
im just being honest
womens clothing just doesn't look right on men
unless you're trying to be mrs doubtfire
That's a classic Social Role reaction if I've ever seen one :p
You should really see the lady-men of Thailand. They wear lady clothes better than many women I cross paths with (though that's mostly their fault for wearing clothing that's not flattering. Juicy? More likely saggy).

Uchip said:
im just being honest

This could be a bat signal for shidoshi lol.

as for what you said there are some that can pull it off really well though (very scary imo)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yay! Kayo!
Uchip said:
im just being honest
Well I guess you're entitled to be extremely wrong. Just letting you know that kinda hurts since I don't really do it only for fun.

Uchip

Banned
doomed1 said:
That's a classic Social Role reaction if I've ever seen one :p
You should really see the lady-men of Thailand. They wear lady clothes better than many women I cross paths with (though that's mostly their fault for wearing clothing that's not flattering. Juicy? More likely saggy).

hardly
I know a transgender guy(girl?) who wore a bra before even considering a sex change
this kind of thing makes no sense whatsoever.
being "pretty" would be playing to the strengths of your sex and body shape
not masquerading as the opposite gender. Its kind of like girls who wear so much makeup that it ends up looking awful instead of pretty...

Uchip

Banned
InfiniteNine said:
Yay! Kayo!

Well I guess you're entitled to be extremely wrong. Just letting you know that kinda hurts since I don't really do it only for fun.

If you dont do it for fun then i assume you are transgender or have sexuality issues
and if it offends you then im sorry, but im entitled to my opinion.

Uchip said:
hardly
I know a transgender guy(girl?) who wore a bra before even considering a sex change
this kind of thing makes no sense whatsoever.
being "pretty" would be playing to the strengths of your sex and body shape
not masquerading as the opposite gender. Its kind of like girls who wear so much makeup that it ends up looking awful instead of pretty...
You can't be real. How does that even make sense to you? Since when do guys ever do pretty?

Uchip

Banned
Master Milk said:
You can't be real. How does that even make sense to you? Since when do guys ever do pretty?

pretty is just an adjective for something aesthetically pleasing
ironically I was accused of producing a "classic Social Role reaction" a few posts back ;)

Uchip said:
pretty is just an adjective for something aesthetically pleasing
ironically I was accused of producing a "classic Social Role reaction" a few posts back ;)
no, pretty has a very gender specific connotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom