• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

zeroshiki said:
This is a dude:

0.jpg
OK, I am one of those who can avoid traps, but this is just an easy pitfall to fall through. How on earth is this a dude is just mind boggling.

Uchip said:
oh please
your definition of trolling is anything that you disagree with

This is a classic argument that a troll makes and it's a fallacy. The troll disagrees with people ON PURPOSE to get a rise out of them, what the original opinions of the people being trolled are, those are irrelevant.

Uchip

Banned
Unknown Soldier said:
This is a classic argument that a troll makes and it's a fallacy. The troll disagrees with people ON PURPOSE to get a rise out of them, what the original opinions of the people being trolled are, those are irrelevant.

please point out where im disagreeing with people intentionally
why would i want to harass people over the internet?

Jerk

Banned
faridmon said:
OK, I am one of those who can avoid traps, but this is just an easy pitfall to fall through. How on earth is this a dude is just mind boggling.

Really?

I pretty much knew instantly; there is just something about the face and stance...

faridmon

Jerk said:
Really?

I pretty knew instantly; there is just something about the face and stance...
Dammit! The face and the Stance are exactly why I felt for it...

Maybe I am not so good at avoiding traps as I would think. A friend of mine actually want me to go Thailand...

Uchip

Banned
faridmon said:

Maybe I am not so good at avoiding traps as I would think. A friend of mine actually want me to go Thailand...

for this reason?

Geneijin

Uchip said:
lol
animu sycophants
just shh
And I've pointed out exactly how you were doing this long before. Instead of trying to see it from my perspective then on how the confusion happened, all you did was ridicule me and dissolved yourself of any responsibility. And when you got into an argument too deeply again, I warned you how the onus should be on you if you have no desire in engaging in an discussion because you were clueless about how you were doing so, even when you were made aware of them. Yet here you are again eliciting the same problems as before.

Don't go claiming "anime sycophants" like you don't deserve at least partial blame for further instigation.

Uchip

Banned
Geneijin said:
And I've pointed out exactly how you were doing this long before. Instead of trying to see it from my perspective then on how the confusion happened, all you did was ridicule me and dissolved yourself of any responsibility. And when you got into an argument too deeply again, I warned you how the onus should be on you if you have no desire in engaging in an discussion because you were clueless about how you were doing so, even when you were made aware of them. Yet here you are again eliciting the same problems as before.

Don't go claiming "anime sycophants" like you don't deserve at least partial blame for further instigation.

serious business etc

Geneijin

Uchip said:
serious business etc
See these are the types of responses that label you a troll. If you have no desire to argue, then why respond at all? You did the same thing with your latest folly.

Do you even want to be corrected or learn from your mistakes? Apparently not.

Uchip

Banned
Geneijin said:
See these are the types of responses that label you a troll. If you have no desire to argue, then why respond at all? You did the same thing with your latest folly.

because you made a folly out of nothing

Geneijin

Uchip said:
because you made a folly out of nothing
Then why are you exhibiting the same problems you think people are misunderstanding you for like you are doing now?

If you want an argument, continuing responding like you're doing now. It's exactly why you put yourself in a bind when you are unwilling to defend your "entitled opinion." You trying to play this off as a joke just comes off as trollish behavior.

Uchip

Banned
Geneijin said:
Then why are you exhibiting the same problems you think people are misunderstanding you for?

look i dont know what your problem is
i have no problem with the rest of gaf, infact its a great forum
theres something about this particular community which cant take a joke and/or make a big deal out of anything they disagree with.

Geneijin

Uchip said:
look i dont know what your problem is
i have no problem with the rest of gaf, infact its a great forum
theres something about this particular community which cant take a joke and/or make a big deal out of anything they disagree with.
I'm pointing at why you're getting these "serious business" responses you like to casually play off as a whimper. But if you want to continually do as you're doing, then don't be surprised at similar future responses you'll get. That's all I'm warning you about. Don't you think if people aren't taking some things you say lightly or as a joke that maybe you are the one who's unknowingly causing it because of what you said or confounding further by repeatedly responding like you're doing now? You're trying to dissolve yourself completely of blame again.

Look, if you wanted to play off your one of your comments as a joke, the easiest way is to not respond at all. Some of your attempts at euphemism rubs off as trollish than what you think you've intended, which is why the best solution sometimes is to not respond.

zeroshiki

faridmon said:

She's gotten really famous recently because of the fact that he looks female. Dammit, I don't know which pronouns to use.

Its not just you, dude.

Geneijin

Uchip said:
or you could stop trying to be a hero and just ignore me if you dont like my posts
What does being a hero have to do with anything? I'm a hero of what cause? And who says I don't like all your posts? What would GAF be if everyone agreed on one uniformed opinion?

I'm merely suggesting to you how you can improve yourself as a poster instead of blindly assuming that just maybe it's not everyone who's confused about the intentions behind some of your responses, but how you've conducted yourself?

zeroshiki

Uchip said:
or you could stop trying to be a hero and just ignore me if you dont like my posts

Hahahahahahaha. OH MY GOD. hahahahaha. This is precious.

Geneijin was only trying to help. You said a little too much this time. Just let it go.

faridmon said:
Thank god, its not just only me.

They have portions in TV shows where people who have no idea who he is get really shocked when told about his gender.

Geneijin

Uchip said:
you guys are a joke
im out
Alright. But I still don't see why you have an insistence on having the last words on a closing discussion when all your replies so far haven't continued the discussion in the slightest. By repeatedly responding to me, doesn't that indicate you want to continue the discussion? It's exactly what it indicates. Like I've advised you twice today, if you have no desire to continue or engage in a discussion, don't respond at all. AT ALL. Because each time you have responded, it only indicates you have a desire to do so when you're communicating the opposite through your reactions. That's exactly what you did earlier and why I questioned your conduct.

If you don't want to continue this, stop responding to me. It's as simply as that.

Haven't you guys fed the troll enough? If you have so little self-control that you can't physically prevent yourself from replying to him, put him on your Ignore Lists. I can't believe I actually have to explain this to you people.

faridmon

zeroshiki said:
They have portions in TV shows where people who have no idea who he is get really shocked when told about his gender.
Damn, that would be a great specter if anything else.

whoa at Uschip being banned, I thought this thread was the least monitored thread (along with the football thread)

Jerk said:
Really?

I pretty much knew instantly; there is just something about the face and stance...
I don't know about the stance, but her saw seems kind of big, so that could be it.

Uchip said:
you guys are a joke
im out
Uchip
Banned
(Today, 06:56 AM)
Reply | Quote

I did not see that coming, but apparently he did.

Articalys

I figured that might be the end result.
zeroshiki said:
So I've been watching Tatami Galaxy recently and it made me want to watch a nice romance. Any suggestions?
I am also interested in the answer to this, preferably series with sustained character development that don't keep snapping back to a status quo every five episodes or whatnot.

faridmon said:
whoa at Uschip being banned, I thought this thread was the least monitored thread (along with the football thread)

Mods who regularly read or post in this thread:
duckroll
Hitokage
Kagari
Blackace

Seeing as how the seasonal animu threads have become the de-facto omnibus threads for all anime discussion on GAF, I would have been shocked if this thread was the 'least monitored thread' when so many mods post to and read it daily. This thread gets mod attention several times daily simply because mods enjoy it as Gaffers and converse with Gaffers here regularly, much more often than elsewhere on GAF. Hundreds of threads are created every day on GAF, do you think the mods read every single one? They don't, but multiple mods follow Animu-GAF on a daily or semi-daily basis. So yes, you, that's right, you, YOU ARE BEING WATCHED. :3

faridmon

Unknown Soldier said:
duckroll
Hitokage
Kagari
Blackace

Seeing as how the seasonal animu threads have become the de-facto omnibus threads for all anime discussion on GAF, I would have been shocked if this thread was the 'least monitored thread' when so many mods post to and read it daily. This thread gets mod attention several times daily simply because mods enjoy it as Gaffers and converse with Gaffers here regularly, much more often than elsewhere on GAF. Hundreds of threads are created every day on GAF, do you think the mods read every single one? They don't, but multiple mods follow Animu-GAF on a daily or semi-daily basis. So yes, you, that's right, you, YOU ARE BEING WATCHED. :3
Maybe least monitored thread was the wrong term to use, but I have seen worse things that went unnoticed or unpunished. Maybe its the shock of the first time I have noticed someone getting banned live in front of my eyes.

Steroyd

Goddamnit Uchip, why couldn't you see what you were doing.

Maria + Holic 4 & 5

4 - I've really got to get Pheonix Wright, Matsurika just about retaining what I liked about the 1st half of Season 1, ...I think.

5 - EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH either Chiaki Omigawa has temporarily invaded this episode or my ears are still ringing from Sore Machi.

faridmon

Steroyd said:
Goddamnit Uchip, why couldn't you see what you were doing.

Maria + Holic 4 & 5

4 - I've really got to get Pheonix Wright, Matsurika just about retaining what I liked about the 1st half of Season 1, ...I think.

5 - EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH either Chiaki Omigawa has temporarily invaded this episode or my ears are still ringing from Sore Machi.
so, how would you compare it to the 1st season?

Steroyd

faridmon said:
so, how would you compare it to the 1st season?

Tough to say, mainly because the only thing I remember of season 1 was that I liked the first half of it, more than the 2nd half, and this season seems to be continuing where the 2nd half of season 1 left off.

faridmon

Steroyd said:
Tough to say, mainly because the only thing I remember of season 1 was that I liked the first half of it, more than the 2nd half, and this season seems to be continuing where the 2nd half of season 1 left off.
ugh. At least they had those satire moments where they made fun of Ghost of the Shell and Gundem Unicorn in the 2nd half of that season. I do think the first half was much better.

Is SHAFT doing this?

LayLa

Nichijou 7

guess i'm the only one who likes the professor/robot/cat sections then? not that i find them funny, just like the way they interact.

Ano Hana 5

firmly on the team now. best writing this season.

Denpa 5

you know when a small part of the artwork irritates you beyond reason? there's something about the way the female characters mouths are drawn in this that really bugs me.
although it's not as bad as the noses in Planetes ARRRRGH!

Steroyd

faridmon said:
ugh. At least they had those satire moments where they made fun of Ghost of the Shell and Gundem Unicorn in the 2nd half of that season. I do think the first half was much better.

Is SHAFT doing this?

They do have those moments, like i mentioned before, they're were making fun of Pheonix wright in episode 4.

and yes Shaft still doing this, can't thinking of anyone else who would change their OP's and ED's that way.

trejo

Aww, Uchip got banned. Seems not even his sweet dance moves could save him this time. :(

Dude's not all that bad. He just has trouble taking internet arguments seriously in the slightest.

Nichijou 7
I... what? What? This episode weirded me out even more than usual. Well, I'm wondering if the wooden cube plot will be expanded upon or not... it wouldn't surprise me either way.

I thought the episode was great as usual, though. Perhaps it wasn't as laugh-out-loud funny as some previous episodes, but it was different, and I appreciate it for that. However, I did miss the opening. And the new ending isn't quite as good as the old, though again, I do appreciate it for being different.

Izayoi said:
Wait, I need to clarify something.

Is this a picture of I9?
zeroshiki said:
Yes.

I've just caused foreveralone-GAF to rush to PM I9 now
Wow, it took me two hours to register what this question and answer were saying.

I read it as IS, even though I've never watched that and probably never will. And even though that makes absolutely no sense.

Speaking of gender confusion, I want to watch Sengoku 6, but I can not. I am so sad.

Unknown Soldier said:
duckroll
Hitokage
Kagari
Blackace

Really? Haven't seen him around.

Anyway, :( @ Uchip ban. I don't think the guy was trolling intentionally. Just took a few arguments too seriously.

Jex

LayLa said:
Ano Hana 5

firmly on the team now. best writing this season.
And here's me thinking that we were all living in peace and harmony.
Crakatak187 said:
I probably watched it wrong, but the only scenes I enjoyed is the scenes with Senjougahara. I don't care for the Main, he's the typical White Knight in harem series.
Actually, he isn't at all. For numerous reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom