• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:
So I've been watching Tatami Galaxy recently and it made me want to watch a nice romance. Any suggestions?
This is only half a troll, but I'm struggling to think of what kind of romance was in Tatami Galaxy. A parody of harems? Pent up blue balls resulting in hallucinations? A troll romance of the Horo/Holo/Korbo variety?

/XX/

cosmicblizzard said:
Anyway, :( @ Uchip ban. I don't think the guy was trolling intentionally. Just took a few arguments too seriously.
I think like that too. I appreciated some of Uchip's posts. In my opinion, he often made acute remarks, but I also think that if he would have tried to get across his thoughts in a more elaborated way, instead of making such short statements that didn't explained his position as a whole, all this situation could have possibly been avoided. I hope we can see him again!

Jexhius said:
Before this becomes too OLD, Ghibli in Minecraft http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zTtw...ature=youtu.be
Talking about Studio Ghibli, two months away from the previously established release date of From Kokuriko Hill (コクリコ坂から) and we still have not seen a simple preview, and only recently they updated the official website (http://kokurikozaka.jp/) to add an already shown image and some character information. So now I'm wondering if they can accomplish their (mighty difficult) objective to complete the basic work for the project even with the setbacks provoked by the Tōhoku Earthquake...

faridmon

I just watched until Ep. 5 of a Irehana. Wow, that Anime is the definition of starting strong and transform weakly after each Episode.I like it, but the cliched Anime Melodrama is still there. Too bad it really started really strong. I will still watch it since the characters are still likable and hope it ends up as good as ToraDora! when it comes to Character interaction

Dresden

LayLa said:
you know when a small part of the artwork irritates you beyond reason? there's something about the way the female characters mouths are drawn in this that really bugs me.
Yeah, it bothers me as well. I find it kind of creepy, actually. They're these crescent moon slits, all waxed up... just looks unnatural, even moreso than most animu.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hanasaku Iroha 7 was fun, mostly because the defiant "Christmas Cake" characters are some of my favourites. Of course, she'll surely become a background character now that they got that out of their system. :p

trejo

DrForester said:
By their powers combined!
God help us all.
Dresden said:
Yeah, it bothers me as well. I find it kind of creepy, actually. They're these crescent moon slits, all waxed up... just looks unnatural, even moreso than most animu.
aKWme.jpg

Jex

Cowboy Bebop 1-6 (dub)

Yeah, this show thing is still pretty good.

Hansaku Iroha 7

While this weeks offering wasn't a masterpiece it avoided sinking to the level of "romance misunderstandings!" and even managed to be fairly damn wacky.

I told you folks that author was there for fanservice!

Hanasaku Iroha 5:
So, everyone makes an incredibly stupid misunderstanding fueled by speculation from the least trustworthy member of the cast, and no one even stops to actually ask if any of it is true or not before running off to make a huge fuss. Even with all that, I'm still really digging the characters, so I give this episode a pass for the most part.

Jexhius said:
Cowboy Bebop 1-6 (dub)

Yeah, this show thing is pretty good.

Understatement of the year.

Dynedom

Jexhius said:
It's called keeping things fresh.

I'm guessing the next step is to turn Nako tsundere.

Edit: I really hope this isn't going to turn into a thinly-veiled harem/love polygon when Koichi re-enters the picture.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dynedom said:
I'm guessing the next step is to turn Nako tsundere.

Edit: I really hope this isn't going to turn into a thinly-veiled harem/love polygon when Koichi re-enters the picture.
I highly doubt it.

doomed1 said:
YOU CAN NEVER ESCAPE HER GAZE
http://i.imgur.com/ruug3.png[IMG]
SEE HER TERROR AND TREMBLE[/quote]
It's looking into my soul...

Hen Zemi 01 - I really should have read what this was really going to be like before watching it. 0_0

Ano Hana 01 to 05 - It's okay/good enough. Some of it feels un-earned, but I like Menma and feel sorry for her.

Geneijin

Unknown Soldier said:
Mods who regularly read or post in this thread:
duckroll
Hitokage
Shouta
I don't know about Kagari and Blackace.

Dresden said:
Those eyes, those mouths, those head sizes... an odd mixture.

trejo

Hanasaku Iroha 7

A lighthearted episode filled to the brim with fun and wacky hijinks in preparation for the drama to come, I bet.

Tomoe is the best girl confirmed.

Cwarrior

Hanasaku Iroha ep7

Episode breaks the downward slope this show was going these last 3 eps by focusing more on wacky filler material and a more entertaining character.

tomoe >those other girls

Next ep looks like its going back to the main drama plot

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Given how people like the bitter old woman, you'd think that she'd be in more of these animus.

I guess Meme is a complete lampshading of the trope though. GAP MOE!!!!

Hajime no Ippo 22

I was expecting Hayami to last more than a round. That was weird end to a hyped up fight. It was like "oh shit, this is epic" and then BAM, it's done.

Lottes Toy

Ini has appeared and the filler added was decent enough.

Tiger and Bunny

Interesting seeing a "hero" at the other end of the spectrum and also showing that these Sponsors are just in it for the money, etc.

And its obvious who that "hero" is given the ending imo

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
This is only half a troll, but I'm struggling to think of what kind of romance was in Tatami Galaxy. A parody of harems? Pent up blue balls resulting in hallucinations? A troll romance of the Horo/Holo/Korbo variety?

Crazy unrequited love? Foreveralone losers?

Sket Dance 6

Roman's fourth-wall breaking powers continue to impress.

The UY homage was unexpected and neat.

The end was a heartwarming theatrical lesson on how to engage with your audience. My eyes did not stay dry.

hosannainexcelsis said:
Sket Dance 6

Roman's fourth-wall breaking powers continue to impress.

The UY homage was unexpected and neat.

The end was a heartwarming theatrical lesson on how to engage with your audience. My eyes did not stay dry.

Such an understatement

Jex

Cwarrior said:
Hanasaku Iroha ep7

Episode breaks the downward slope this show was going these last 3 eps by focusing more on wacky filler material and a more entertaining character.
That can't be true, because last week as a great episode. Post invalid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom