• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
zeroshiki said:
Is this the card game about the King, Pauper and Soldier(?) because that was in the movie and it was really lame.
That was in the first season and it was AWESOME. Also it's King, Citizen, and Slave.

InfiniteNine said:
I didn't get the set so probably I'm not being overly harsh!

Thought you said you did...well, okay then.

Aigis said:
It's also worth noting that Sentai uses VC1 which is inferior to H.264/AVC. Their Xamdou BDs had some artifacting in dark scenes which really shouldn't happen on Blu-ray anime.

Now this is saddening. Why the hell would they use VC-1? The only major Hollywood studio which still uses VC-1 for Blu-rays is Universal, and even they are feeling the pressure to start using H.264 after the other holdout, Warner, switched to H.264. This is the one lasting, terrible legacy of the Blu-ray/HD DVD format war during the previous decade, that VC-1 is still a mandatory codec in the Blu-ray format and so people can still use it even though they shouldn't.

InfiniteNine said:
jman speaks true words indeed.

I always knew you couldn't be trusted!

20k or bust!

jman2050 said:
There you have it, mod-sanctioned and approved:

K-On sucks.

Fuck that, Jexhius said that it's good, so it is.

Anyways, "it put Hitokage to sleep" doesn't mean it sucks, just that it made Hitokage bored.

Dresden

Jexhius 1,203
firehawk12 1,146
InfiniteNine 781
trejo 727
zeroshiki 670
jman2050 647
Geneijin 585
Branduil 578
cosmicblizzard 567
Uchip 537
icarus-daedelus 478
Lafiel 464
Halycon 457
doomed1 419
duckroll 410
Infinite Justice 386
Steroyd 369
Hellsing321 320
flawfuls 310
mAcOdIn 307
tiff 282
hosannainexcelsis 272
Articalys 272
Aigis 270
KuwabaraTheMan 209
Miri 205
7Th 203
Nonoriri 191
Hitokage 186
Izayoi 181
Lain 179
Cwarrior 174
Regulus Tera 170
Instro 166
Unknown Soldier 149
A Black Falcon 136
JKTrix 131
Joule 108
shintoki 104
Keep posting, guys.

Articalys

Well we've still got another 30 (15 if you're an elitist) pages to go, and the last 1500 posts took about two weeks, so it's still a ways off. But we will definitely need an OT2 before even the 12-episode series are finished.

Also I put my order in and now definitely need a BD player by August 2.

Articalys said:
Also I put my order in and now definitely need a BD player by August 2.

You just missed out on this:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295313
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429706&page=3

Yes, when this deal was alive, you could have gotten $100 off a PS3 160GB model and a $60 gift card for buying the PS3, which is being discontinued. Well, the good news is that the rumor goes that Sony will announce a PS3 price drop during E3 (hence the coupon offer), so you should be able to get a Blu-ray player by August 2nd.

Lafiel said:
K-ON is the universal anime name for greatness.

I'm pretty sure they invented the word 'greatness' specifically to describe K-ON!, since other existing superlatives were not adequate for it.

Thanks to jman's brilliant plan to rouse the dormant members of K-ON GAF, our noble of goal of 20k posts before the weekend will be achieved!

jman2050 said:
Your knowledge of animese is limited, cause K-ON obviously means "greatness" in english.

I thought we established this at the end of the previous page...

Instro

Unknown Soldier said:
I still haven't figured out if you use a script or what to count people's posts in threads.

Its a Gold member feature, you too can investigate who has been wasting too much time in the anime thread for the low price of $5.99 a month.

Or click the # of replies

Steroyd

Lafiel said:
K-ON is the universal anime name for greatness.

......... The animation is nice.
yeeaaah.gif

zeroshiki

This thread has slowed down considerably the last few weeks. Today is the first legitimately crazy posting day. We should say more controversial stuff to spur conversation on.

wsippel

Banned
Tiger & Bunny is awesome and almost certainly the best show airing right now. Deadman Wonderland isn't bad, but a little more cynicism and pragmatism would have been nice (it's also too predictable). Oh, and [C] is actually surprisingly enjoyable thanks to it's weirdness. That is all.

zeroshiki

Unknown Soldier said:
Strike Witches is the voice of a generation!
I miss Cowie. ; ;

Indeed.

jman2050 said:
Toradora is the greatest love story ever told

No. You're forgetting something.

Gundam Seed Destiny of course.
Shin x Mayu

Lafiel said:
Makoto shinkai is a hack.

I think we already knew this.

Unknown Soldier said:
Hayao Miyazaki is overrated!
Ponyo actually supports this theory. >_>

He's gone senile. His last 2 films have been unedited messes that's for sure.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Unknown Soldier said:
Hayao Miyazaki is overrated!

Ponyo actually supports this theory. >_>

Everyone knows that at Ghibli Takahata and Kondo > Miyazaki

Articalys

Great, now for the next page or so we can't be sure who's taking zeroshiki's bait and who's giving an honest opinion.

I liked 5cm's soundtrack, at least

zeroshiki

Nonoriri said:
Everyone knows that at Ghibli Takahata and Kondo > Miyazaki

Nobody associates Ghibli with Grave or Only Yesterday. Its Totoro or Kiki.

Articalys said:
Great, now for the next page or so we can't be sure who's taking zeroshiki's bait and who's giving an honest opinion.

I liked 5cm's soundtrack, at least

If nothing else, Shinkai's movies make for great desktop wallpaper.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
wsippel said:
Tiger & Bunny is awesome and almost certainly the best show airing right now.
I love the concept and feel of the show, but I tend to find the execution falling short. Each episode just falls kind of flat in terms of action and pacing, and the characters rarely escape from being their alter egos. Given the overall quality of this season I would have a hard time placing it above the other shows as the "best" of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom