• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

Infinite Stratos End

This is really just a bland and mediocre show. I've been subjected to some truly egregious stuff recently so this didn't have much of an effect on me anymore, really.

zeroshiki

trejo said:
Infinite Stratos End

This is really just a bland and mediocre show. I've been subjected to some truly egregious stuff recently so this didn't have much of an effect on me anymore, really.

Lafiel suggested we watch School Days the other day. We should totally do that. And post about it on here

*eyetwitch*

trejo

zeroshiki said:
Lafiel suggested we watch School Days the other day. We should totally do that. And post about it on here

*eyetwitch*
That is an awful, awful idea. Unless there are also people who haven't seen it before, then I am so in.

zeroshiki

trejo said:
That is an awful, awful idea. Unless there are also people who haven't seen it before, then I am so in.

I am sure that within the 30 or so people we have, there are people who haven't seen it.

I can bet Hito would enjoy it quite a bit :D

firehawk12

Subete no aware
cosmicblizzard said:
Infinite Stratos 10-12

It's finally over. This wasn't a bad series. Harem scenes were a bit annoying, but the fights were cool and the final battle was awesome despite the underwhelming ending. Hope the fights are more prominent in season 2.

A true bro. IS season 2 please!

zeroshiki

Yeah everyone knows Nice Boat happens. That's why I think it'd still be fun. Everyone would be shouting about nice boat starting from episode 1.

Articalys

Both AnoHana and Denpa were unexceptional for me, though there were a few high points in each. Also the animation quality in both looked a bit lower than before.
I guess Meme really is the best thing about the latter.

zeroshiki

Articalys said:
Both AnoHana and Denpa were unexceptional for me, though there were a few high points in each. Also the animation quality in both looked a bit lower than before.
I guess Meme really is the best thing about the latter.

Erio, dammit. Her harlot mom sucks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
jman2050 said:
Infinite Stratos 12
aylhs6.gif
What movie is this from anyway?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
zeroshiki said:
Yeah everyone knows Nice Boat happens. That's why I think it'd still be fun. Everyone would be shouting about nice boat starting from episode 1.
The thing is, no-one knows the context of how it all leads up to it, which i think is more important!

zeroshiki

Steroyd said:
Context?

Wait, I thought it was as simple as main guy being a dick? o_O

Dude is a douchebag and sleeps with all girls. One girl is apparently mentally unstable. whoooo Nice Boat. The End.

Oh and to not talk about something as stupid as School Days on the top of the page, I bring you this.

51G2ZLiHFnL.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
AD Police TV

So really, the entire show was about how Kenji Fucking Sasaki, most badass man alive, gets a partner that approaches his own level of badassery and yet the laws of the AD Police universe still take hold.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hitokage said:
Who hasn't had School Days spoiled for them?
I know about the end, but I have no clue what the series is about. My wife would probably cackle with delight.

Jex

Ano Hana 7

All in his head, huh. I'm patiently awaiting the arrival of firehawk12 to provide some kind of counter-explanation!

Also, Honma is the last boss?
Hitokage said:
Who hasn't had School Days spoiled for them?
Especially when I'm sure most people haven't had JoJo's Bizzare Adventure spoiled. Well, if saying "Vanilla Ice is in it" counts as a spoiler.
trejo said:
You shut your mouth right now.

Right now.
Meme for life.

[c] 7

more like this, and it could be saved :c but 2rd part was like a flash back ep and they still didnt show the fight they cut off, looked like they where about to but then No cut off

Jex

jump_button said:
[c] 7

more like this, and it could be saved :c but 2rd part was like a flash back ep and they still didnt show the fight they cut off, looked like they where about to but then No cut off
Not showing any fights the whole episode was the best part. It meant that they could do a real episode, about characters and stuff. You know. The little things.

I was a bit worried when that whole recap stuff started but it only went on for a couple of minutes and the rest was all new footage. 'dat asset. So moe.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I'm moving in about a month and am unloading a bunch of anime at a few places with good trade in deals. Looking at my Utena DVD's since I'm going to get the remasters, and a question hit me.

These sets are pretty much copies of the Japan remaster releases, but did the 3rd set include the movie?

Dynedom

Jexhius said:
Not showing any fights the whole episode was the best part. It meant that they could do a real episode, about characters and stuff. You know. The little things.

I was a bit worried when that whole recap stuff started but it only went on for a couple of minutes and the rest was all new footage. 'dat asset. So moe.

Yep and with that:

C - 07

Finally nice to get some backstory on Mikuni. I'm getting tired of the whole
"ailing little sister"
trope in anime but given the context used here, I thought it works well.

I also didn't mind the second half at all.

SPECULATION:

I guess this episode was suppsoed to point out that
Mikuni's primary asset looks very much like his sister and might explain his attachment to it (shielding her from harm in that flashback, for example)
. Gives some nice context to his actions i.e. his father cared more about the future (his company) than the present (
his daughter
). That reasoning might be wrong on my part but I think I'm not far off.

The other part of the episode is alluding to assets representing "possible futures" -->
Mikuni's asset probably looks like his sister because she was part of a future where his dad's company didn't fail (and they could thus send her to the US) I'm guessing...

God I love this show.

I just watched 8 episodes of Tiger & Bunny, it's really really good. very funny, I LOLed at good luck mode in ep 5, and again in ep 7 during a serious fight. characters are all likeable, the story is getting interesting too.

I know I haven't watched a lot anime for awhile, I just catch up with C, Hanasaku Iroha, Steins Gate and Ao no Exorcist, but Tiger and Bunny is the best anime I watched this year so far.

7Th

firehawk12 said:
Because I'm sure she is a deep character who doesn't pander to otaku who want to train her or anything!

The difference is that Yayoi is honest about it!
And she wore a cute penguin costume in Xenoglossia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom