• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Miri said:
Would you happen to know if they're upscales?
They are, but it's a good looking upscale. The problem with the old set wasn't that it was an upscale; it was a really bad upscale with a lot of filtering that made it look worse than the DVDs. This new set is basically unfiltered and looks better than the DVDs due to lack of artifacting. It's the best the show will look probably.

iavi

Aigis said:
They are, but it's a good looking upscale. The problem with the old set wasn't that it was an upscale; it was a really bad upscale with a lot of filtering that made it look worse than the DVDs. This new set is basically unfiltered and looks better than the DVDs due to lack of artifacting. It's the best the show will look probably.

Oh ok, thanks...Jesus, that's tempting.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Miri said:
Oh ok, thanks...Jesus, that's tempting.
Personally I'd wait until they go on sale if you have the DVDs already. It's an upgrade but not as significant as something like Baccano.

Do you own the original Geneon DVDs or the rereleased Funimation DVDs?

iavi

Aigis said:
Personally I'd wait until they go on sale if you have the DVDs already. It's an upgrade but not as significant as something like Baccano.

Do you own the original Geneon DVDs or the rereleased Funimation DVDs?

The Geneon's. Picked em up on the super-cheap when Rightstuff was having a blowout.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
Wait, there's NTR in Bungaku Shoujo? :lol

In Rome, all girls are over 18!

What? Where? NO!

I am also contractually obligated to appear whenever there is a Bungaku Shoujo discussion. But I have nothing to say now.

So...err... hi?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
jman2050 said:
Your knowledge of animese is limited, cause K-ON obviously means "boring" in english.
Oh yeah, did you know that K-ON actually refers to 刑音(keion), which means aural punishment?

Decado

This doesn't really have anything to do with this season, but has anyone been able to get their hands on Baccano! blu-ray? I thought it was supposed to be released a week ago, but I can't seem to find it (not even listed in Canadian stores).

Risette

A Good Citizen
Decado said:
This doesn't really have anything to do with this season, but has anyone been able to get their hands on Baccano! blu-ray? I thought it was supposed to be released a week ago, but I can't seem to find it (not even listed in Canadian stores).
It's online only I'm pretty sure. I have it.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
jman2050 said:
I-It's not like I post in this thread because I want to. I just need to teach you naive dogs things about anime, like how much K-on sucks for example. Idiot...

K-On was and is still awesome.

The show is amazing and have the exactly right amount of moe. If you add or remove even a tiny bit of moe, it'll completely ruin the show.

Fact: People that hate K-On like to kick puppies for fun.

Ano Hana 7

Continues to be great. Jintan's sudden super-motivation reminds me of Keiichi Maebara; hopefully we can get a similarly epic showdown. This episode supports my belief that not everyone should be forced to go through school; people like Jintan will be happier and more productive elsewhere.

I don't see why Anaru is getting on people's nerves so much; there were a couple unnecessary moments but overall she's well-executed and I sympathize with her.

Decado said:

I have it. You have to order it online off Right Stuf or Bandai's store.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Decado said:
Yeah, Canada gets screwed. You have to order it from Amazon.com, rightstuf or Bandai.

Maybe if you're lucky, you can find a local animu store that will carry it.

Lain

zeroshiki said:
I am also contractually obligated to appear whenever there is a Bungaku Shoujo discussion. But I have nothing to say now.

So...err... hi?
I can't wait for the third (translated) novel to be released (preordered it a week ago).
flawfuls said:
Not really. They were just talking about a book where a dude gets NTRed and the literature girl apparently throughly enjoys that sort of shit.
Book girl has good taste.

Solune

firehawk12 said:
Yeah, Canada gets screwed. You have to order it from Amazon.com, rightstuf or Bandai.

Maybe if you're lucky, you can find a local animu store that will carry it.
I had to get it at the local shop, slightly higher than the MSRP but also no tax so it was not a bad price. But I also got it at a discounted price so I was lucky. It really sucks since I see Baccano DVD sets all over the place even at Bestbuy or Futureshop.

trejo

Ano Hana 7

Nice episode. More of a setup for things to come, I'd say.

And Anaru is still better than Menma. You all crazy.
Hitokage said:
Oh yeah, did you know that K-ON actually refers to 刑音(keion), which means aural punishment?
So that explains why they have Yui on vocals. And the OPs.

Hitokage said:

I thought it meant "light music", which in Japan is generally used to refer to J-Pop...wait. Oh. I guess you're right then. :3

K-ON! is still the best anime of the decade!

trejo said:
Ano Hana 7

Nice episode. More of a setup for things to come, I'd say.

And Anaru is still better than Menma. You all crazy.
I find it hard to hate any of the characters right now. Yukiastu had my hate until the reveal and he redeemed himself in my eyes.

tiff

Banned
Unknown Soldier said:
I need to pick up Hidan no Aria at some point. The way you guys keep talking about it, it's definitely a must-watch! :3
I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of shows this season.

zeroshiki

Lain said:
I can't wait for the third (translated) novel to be released (preordered it a week ago).

Book girl has good taste.

I'm still on the 2nd book :lol

Bungaku Shoujo is a fun series. It translates really poorly in anime form because of all the exposition with the books they discuss and stuff but its interesting and can semi be used to educate the plebes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Solune said:
I had to get it at the local shop, slightly higher than the MSRP but also no tax so it was not a bad price. But I also got it at a discounted price so I was lucky. It really sucks since I see Baccano DVD sets all over the place even at Bestbuy or Futureshop.
I haven't even bothered to check the local stores here... maybe I should sometime, since rightstuf shipping suuuucks.

Jex

Miri said:
Seriously. Especially when compared to "I'm gonna whine every scene. Jintan!! Menma, she's like a walking 2D goddess.
Anjou vs Menma for worst character in the show! Wheeeee

Jex

Baoh

45 odd minutes of nothing but action scenes and dudes melting. Can't complain.

She waits for Baoh. That's not weird. Not at all.

trejo

TheVampire said:
Hey guys I was thinking of watching Soul Eater.

Is it a good anime?
Not really, no. It has some nice animation here and there but if you want shounen action there's muuuch better stuff out there.

Holy crap Syfy still shows anime? Last anime I watched on there Now And Then, Here and There, no idea they were still doing this.

Don't shoot me but...Syfy may just be my only outlet for anime, aside from Funimation's website. I so poor :(

TheVampire said:

Is it a good anime?

It's great for most of the series, but it all goes to shit at the ending when they rushed in a messed up anime only ending that made no sense and was completely at odds with the rest of the show.

The first 45 or so episodes are pretty awesome, however.

flawfuls

zeroshiki said:
I'm still on the 2nd book :lol

Bungaku Shoujo is a fun series. It translates really poorly in anime form because of all the exposition with the books they discuss and stuff but its interesting and can semi be used to educate the plebes.

Is the movie based on the second book or the third? I've read the first one and it's clearly not based on that.

Lain

Porfy no Nagai Tabi 33
Interesting episode. Porfy meets Guido, a smiling and nice fellow on the outside who's the leader of a group of kids, and gets taken advantage of because of his naivety.
I think the episode's ending was the best part, as it had a sense of reality to it. Guido isn't fazed at all about having used, and discarded, Porfy. When Giorgio (a guy in Guido's band that helped Porfy escape from the trap he was put in) tells him "how could you use Porfy like that", Guido answers with a "who's Porfy? I know no one who goes by that name", while earlier, after punching Giorgio for having helped Porfy escape from a bunch angered people, he says "you know quite well, Giorgio, that it is only right to take advantage of gullible people", and the episode closes there, with Guido laughing and happy, since they'll be able to eat well with the money they'll make selling the car Porfy helped him steal.
flawfuls said:
Is the movie based on the second book or the third? I've read the first one and it's clearly not based on that.
Neither the second. Anidb says the 5th.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Infinite stratos 12 (Finale) - At last I am finally free of this horrible show... now the downside is since i finished this, I'll haft to watch the inevitable season 2 arghhh.

Infinite Stratos 10-12

It's finally over. This wasn't a bad series. Harem scenes were a bit annoying, but the fights were cool and the final battle was awesome despite the underwhelming ending. Hope the fights are more prominent in season 2.

TheVampire said:

Is it a good anime?

Yeah, it's good. Just continue from the manga afterwards since the ending is a shitty original one.

jman2050

Infinite Stratos 12
aylhs6.gif

aylhs6.gif

aylhs6.gif

zeroshiki

flawfuls said:

I don't think its based on anything. It had parts of the first (the fake Miyu thing) but so far from what I've read its none of those. It could very well be an anime original.

(Although they would HAVE to expose the MC as Miyu eventually so I'm guessing the movie was cribbed for different parts of all the books)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom