• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infinite Justice said:
Isn't that only one member though.

Jexhius is somewhat unusual, when he goes into Hysteria Mode suddenly he can be the leader of the Monocle Brigade and an esteemed member of the K-ON GAF at the same time!
My member number in K-ON GAF is lower than his however, thus establishing my dominance over him!

Hidan no Aria 04:

Oh, what the FUCK. SHIT JUST GOT REAL. All of a sudden there's a bunch of plot, and a bunch of shit happens, and then there's a fight scene which is really fucking awesome. What the hell is going on here? Oh, right,
Riko using her twintails as weapons was unexpectedly awesome. We know Aria wasn't expecting it!
Yeah, whoever it was that was saying Hidan no Aria was the STEALTH AWESOME show of the season wasn't kidding. Episodes 1-2 and the first half of 3 were generic tsundere hijinks with guns. The second half of 3 and now 4 are all of sudden fucking badass. Also, what's the deal with Aria being afraid of thunder? Does she think she's Rikku or something?

zeroshiki

Best Haruhi was also afraid of lightning

tumblr_li1a7jYBN21qi17jho1_250.gif

Instro

Jexhius said:
I thought it sucked now?

How the quality of the transfer?

The quality seemed pretty solid to me, but the bluray version was the first time Id ever seen it so I cant really say how much better it looks from the original/DVD version.

Unknown Soldier said:
I'm actually kind of glad they didn't go that route. This show really doesn't seem to be about that kind of thing. I guess if you were looking for hardcore serious drama, you should go watch some Korean soap operas or something. :3

Yeah I prefer it this way its quite nice, more of an upbeat drama rather than being too serious or drawn out. At least for now anyway, sooner or later there will be misunderstandings of the highest order.

zeroshiki

Instro said:
Yeah I prefer it this way its quite nice, more of an upbeat drama rather than being too serious or drawn out. At least for now anyway, sooner or later there will be misunderstandings of the highest order.

They've gone waaaay out of their way to eliminate misunderstandings so much that I'm beginning to wonder whether this will even be about stuff like that.

Steroyd

Oreimo - 15

I pray to thee anime gods, please spare us mortals of a season 2, or at least endow thy with the power of self control to not feast thou attention to said season 2. T_T

mAcOdIn

mAcOdIn said:
As someone who loved the game but realized that even within the game the story was walking that line of absurd/plausible pretty drunkenly I thought the anime just really went too far to the absurd side. I think it sucked ass.

Calling it now, super happy ending. The Cat Princess will refuse to explain her motives and fight the other Princess out of stubbornness, Cinque will finally climb his way up(couldn't Eclair or whatnot just launch them up like in the fight with the cat Princess, whatever), interrupt them and more or less explain everything for the cat Princess ending their fight, their weapons will take their true forms and maybe impart some wisdom since they're alive, they'll hold the line until their allies, someone will make a rousing speech over how when this battle is over it won't be celebrated as one country winning over the other but as the first time both countries fought together against a common enemy and won and everyone will get pumped up and then it'll launch into a Bleach-like action montage with everyone chipping in against the end boss eyeball thing.
More Dog Days speculation
I know it's lame to quote one's self but whatever. Anyways, I wanted to add one thing since I just remembered this was an anime and not an American cartoon.

Cinque will go home and at the end he will come back but when he does return it'll have been the cats that summoned him as their hero, lols will ensue.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
They've gone waaaay out of their way to eliminate misunderstandings so much that I'm beginning to wonder whether this will even be about stuff like that.
Did you forget about episode 5 just now? :p

trejo

Miyu TV 12

Another cat-centric episode. At least this time they're not evil.

Animation-wise it took a bit of a nose dive. Lots of pans and still frames and the character art seemed off. Direction also felt a bit disjointed at times.

All in all, not the best Miyu episode. Next up is a two-parter so I'm expecting some plot developments and hopefully a bit more budget.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Jexhius said:
Nah, that show is all about building up crazy plot points, having them come the fore, and then dropping them immediately.
Earn that monocle. Sunrise has the most consist show of the season!

Hidan no Aria 05:

This show is incredibly clever. I haven't read the light novel which is the source of this content, but I suspect it was more like Dance in the Vampire Bund, where the purpose of the fanservice is twofold: first, it gets the readers to stand at a firm and engorged attention, and second, it lures them in with the promise of lolis and then locks them firmly in place and causes them to thrust further issues of the light novel in and out of bookstore shelves vigorously with a stealth awesome story which comes entirely out of nowhere. They sold it as a tsundere loli show but then all of a sudden it became fuck awesome Loli Mission Impossible! There's still plenty of fanservice though, Riko's clothing/parachute was hilarious, but somewhere along the line the show became totally batshit fucking awesome. This is what Dance in the Vampire Bund utterly failed to do, no doubt due to Shaft's bungling.

Oh, the show has an awesome OP and ED too. I notice that the ED is sung by Aiko Nakano, who supplied the enjoyable OP for Dance in the Vampire Bund. This is not likely to be a coincidence either. This show is obviously this season's Dance in the Vampire Bund replacement, but Jesus Christ moderately erect while looking at Mary Magdalene, it actually turned out pretty fucking goddamned awesome!

trejo

Dresden said:
That's a good thing, man.

*hugs sky high pillow*
I didn't say otherwise.
zeroshiki said:
I thought about that when I sent the message but they still cleared that up quite quickly and clearly. Kimi Ni Todoke this show is not.
And thank the animu gods for that.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
zeroshiki said:
Ouch.

Too bad the HanaIro/AnoHana fight wasn't more of a toss up.

Really? if you bother to count, i think you'd find both team haniro and anohana are fairly equal in terms of numbers. It's not the landslide it was at the start.

I am enjoying Haniro a lot more than Anohana though! haniro doesn't have a character as terrible as anaru lulz.

zeroshiki

Lafiel said:
Really? if you bother to count, i think you'd find both team haniro and anohana are fairly equal in terms of numbers. It's not the landslide it was at the start.

I am enjoying Haniro a lot more than Anohana though! haniro doesn't have a character as terrible as anaru lulz.

I actually counted at the start! Then I got tired of it :lol

I was stealth trolling AnoHana there actually. Since HanaIro has become quite enjoyable and AnoHana is still being its melodramatic self.

Also you lie. Anaru is the best part of AnoHana.

Jex

Hellsing321 said:
IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xVrNy.jpg[/IMG]

So moe I could die.
I can't wait for the Sky High episode.

Here am I, excited for the next episode of a Sunrise show. What's going on?

trejo

Kaiji 9

Man-eating bog, huh? Can they really wrap this up in 4 more episodes?

Unknown Soldier said:
It hasn't happened to me since Code Geass R1/R2. :3
But people are excited for different reasons.

Namely, not for the lulz.

Instro

zeroshiki said:
I thought about that when I sent the message but they still cleared that up quite quickly and clearly. Kimi Ni Todoke this show is not.

Yeah I would assume any misunderstanding storylines will be cleared up relatively quickly rather than being an on going thing. Doesnt really fit with the show.

flawfuls

trejo said:
Kaiji 9

No chance in hell. The pachinko part takes up the majority of part 2. If you look at the pacing of the show so far it's pretty obvious that it will be a 20 something episode show.

Articalys

ISML Round 2 finished (five more to go)

Well, as things stand right now, the three front runners, in order, are Kanade Tachibana (winning matches by an average of 3300 votes each), Mikoto Misaka, and Shana. They're also the only ones with a perfect 14-0 record so far.
Meanwhile, the three most pitiful contestants are Shiina, Laura Bodewig, and in absolute last place, brotherlover Sora Kasugano. They are also the only ones who have failed to win a single match.

Now we got nothing until the 12th. Thank god.

trejo said:
Kaiji 9

No way is it 13 episodes. The bog arc is twice as long as the chinchiro arc. I'm betting it'll be 26 just like the first season.

Jex

flawfuls said:
No chance in hell. The pachinko part takes up the majority of part 2. If you look at the pacing of the show so far it's pretty obvious that it will be a 20 something episode show.
Yeah it really feels like the pacing of season 1, with the first arc lasting about nine episodes.

All this really means is more Kaiji for everyone. Woo.

trejo

Gosick 15

Still pretty dumb, not to mention kinda racist. Black people are invisible at night? Really?

I was told it got better but I'm really not seeing it so far. Oh well.

Articalys

zeroshiki said:
One good EVA or K-On wankfest and we're there by tomorrow.
I'm figuring this hits the big 20k sometime midday Saturday. Barely after this season's shows hit their tenth episodes.

Also, this seems to be the most up-to-date summer chart.

e: Wait, unless this is more accurate?

trejo

I'm counting about 14 shows I'm gonna be checking out. That's pretty crazy.

Though I'm also confident I won't end up following as many as this season.

This season is unusual for me too, I'll have 4 shows on the front burner before it's done. Usually I hate waiting a week for a new episode of any TV show, foreign or domestic, so I like to wait until seasons or series finish airing before I marathon them. Maybe I'm getting older and less impatient.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Idolm@ster is going be the anime of the forever.

Penguin drum and bunny drop are both probably going be great.

No.6 will suck but i will check out the first episode.

Blood-C and Sacred seven both look fun in a train-wreck sort of way.

Jex

Lafiel said:
Idolm@ster is going be the anime of the forever.

Penguin drum and bunny drop are both probably going be great.

No.6 will suck but i will check out the first episode.

Blood-C and Sacred seven both look fun in a train-wreck sort of way.
But what you about Blade?

On a serious note, I don't see why Natsume wouldn't be excellent.

Pokemon Best Wishes Ep 696:

Wow...Ash just caught a freaking Roggenrola. This is like his second catch after getting the water toad. Looks like he might capture the fossil bird next :)

wsippel

Banned
Fireball 1 - 13, Fireball Charming 1 - 7

Simply awesome. The humor isn't for everyone, but I absolutely love this show. And I kinda want a Drossel figure now...

faridmon

Branduil said:
Got my The Girl Who Leapt Through Time bluray. Funnily enough, it's still a great movie.
Funnily enough? a great movie will always be a great movie especially this. Bloody amazing one!

zeroshiki said:
One good EVA or K-On wankfest and we're there by tomorrow.
and there is a reason why I stopped caring about this thread.

Can't you lot be a little less unpredictable?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Unknown Soldier said:
Hidan no Aria 05:

This show is incredibly clever. I haven't read the light novel which is the source of this content, but I suspect it was more like Dance in the Vampire Bund, where the purpose of the fanservice is twofold: first, it gets the readers to stand at a firm and engorged attention, and second, it lures them in with the promise of lolis and then locks them firmly in place and causes them to thrust further issues of the light novel in and out of bookstore shelves vigorously with a stealth awesome story which comes entirely out of nowhere. They sold it as a tsundere loli show but then all of a sudden it became fuck awesome Loli Mission Impossible! There's still plenty of fanservice though, Riko's clothing/parachute was hilarious, but somewhere along the line the show became totally batshit fucking awesome. This is what Dance in the Vampire Bund utterly failed to do, no doubt due to Shaft's bungling.

Oh, the show has an awesome OP and ED too. I notice that the ED is sung by Aiko Nakano, who supplied the enjoyable OP for Dance in the Vampire Bund. This is not likely to be a coincidence either. This show is obviously this season's Dance in the Vampire Bund replacement, but Jesus Christ moderately erect while looking at Mary Magdalene, it actually turned out pretty fucking goddamned awesome!
Who said it? I said it. B3

Unknown Soldier said:
Azunyan is Best Nyan!
I refuse to refer to her as Azunyan! If I did, I wouldn't be able to claim that the panderbait is superficial!
And that Ritsu is my tru waifu!

tiff

Banned
Articalys said:
ISML Round 2 finished (five more to go)

Well, as things stand right now, the three front runners, in order, are Kanade Tachibana (winning matches by an average of 3300 votes each), Mikoto Misaka, and Shana. They're also the only ones with a perfect 14-0 record so far.
Meanwhile, the three most pitiful contestants are Shiina, Laura Bodewig, and in absolute last place, brotherlover Sora Kasugano. They are also the only ones who have failed to win a single match.
Poor girl. I guess if we're doing old avatars, I'll switch back to this one to support her in her time of need :(

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Jexhius said:
But what you about Blade?

On a serious note, I don't see why Natsume wouldn't be excellent.

Sure it will be, but sequels don't count when you are evaluating the quality of a anime season fool!

Steroyd

Vampire Princess Miyu - 12

The cats are back! Last cat episode made me think all cats are guilty till proven innocent, at least this one ended on a philosophical happy ending I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom