• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Lafiel said:
There's no drama in anime-gaf, it's like aria there is no conflict whatsoever, we all love and care for each other!
I hate K-On and Highschool of the Dead.
zeroshiki said:
Love it or hate it, Eva is one of those things all animufans should watch/be aware of.
I've never watched Evanglion

There, enough drama?

Speaking of Which Iroha 8-9, The Anime is improving but I can't forget how dissapointing it became after a great first Episode.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
trejo said:
Oreimo 15

This show was sooo fucking dumb. And creepy as hell, too, no matter which way you slice it. Dude clearly wants to smang his sister. No two ways about it.

And sadly I'm started to get the impression she might WANT that! >_<

Uchip

Banned
RurouniZel said:
And sadly I'm started to get the impression she might WANT that! >_<

I was more offended by the fact that she cant function without playing hentai loli games
the whole thing is like an incest foreplay anime aimed directly at the heartstrings of perverted otaku. Kind of an insidious premise really.

Dynedom

Finished Cross Game

Absolutely fantastic series. Really no complaints at all. It didn't feel like a long series in a negative way. I like how the relationships developed, how
death
was handled and the cast was great.

Not sure if I'd call it a dramedy or a romcom but it is a must-see imho. Even if you don't like the retro character designs (which I think was part of the charm of the series), it's worth checking out.

Might be one of my top 5 series ever.

This series manages to say more with a 10 second stare between characters than some series do with 5 minute conversations.

faridmon

DrForester said:
To much drama some would say.

Should still watch it.
I haven't gotten the chance to watch it to be honest. At this point Its kind of too late to kind of go back then and watch it. It feels that it requires too much energy to sit down and gulp down all the philosophical things that it wans to convey.

Same reason i will never playe Xenogears.

Wait, why is everyone talking about Oreimo. A new Episode?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ore Finale!

And everyone turns out all right. Bro saves day. Clearly though the show should have been about Yaoi Girl and her bro. They are true to themselves. No Tsun Tsun in that household.

trejo

faridmon said:
I haven't gotten the chance to watch it to be honest. At this point Its kind of too late to kind of go back then and watch it. It feels that it requires too much energy to sit down and gulp down all the philosophical things that it wants to convey.

Same reason i will never playe Xenogears.
LOL

Truth of the matter is the TV ending is Anno running out of money and EoE is Anno trolling the ever loving fuck out of fans. There's your philosophising.
faridmon said:
Wait, why is everyone talking about Oreimo. A new Episode?
Last episode. Until the inevitable second season comes, that is. I can only hope I have the strength of mind not to go down that pit again.

faridmon

trejo said:
LOL

Truth of the matter is the TV ending is Anno running out of money and EoE is Anno trolling the ever loving fuck out of fans. There's your philosophising.
Fine. It tries to convey. Rubbish ending is not my cup of tea either.
Last episode. Until the inevitable second season comes, that is. I can only hope I have the strength of mind not to go down that pit again.
Ooh, have to watch it.

faridmon

trejo said:
At least I can rest assured knowing we're also bound to get another season of IS to balance things out.
What is the greatest thing we have gotten to balnce the awfulness of this show? I must have missed it...

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
trejo said:
LOL

Truth of the matter is the TV ending is Anno running out of money and EoE is Anno trolling the ever loving fuck out of fans. There's your philosophizing.
You're right that there's really no specific philosophy trying to be communicated, and EoE is Anno trolling everyone, but I really felt that Evangelion was a character study by Anno developed as a sort of self-therapy and he just sort of ran out of ways to show it except with that sort of ending. EoE is a troll because it doesn't really fit that progression that Anno worked through to the last two episodes in the series. It was Anno trying to come to terms with himself and that got reflected in the show. Everything after was sort of Anno going, "fuck, I already got out everything I wanted to do with this show, and you assholes want more?" This is why nothing Eva is as good as the original series.

Unknown Soldier said:
I <3 you guys so much

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj274/FMXP/glomp.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Brown Azusa HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG~

[spoiler]Panderbait aside, I really do like the show[/spoiler]

trejo

Hellsing321 said:
I think you mean it'll bring us one step closer to the apocalypse.
I'm pretty sure that were it not for Strike Witches being around then IS would be the actual voice of our generation.

And speaking of impending doom, I've been listening to this for way too long and I cannot in good conscience explain why.

NeonZ

You're right that there's really no specific philosophy trying to be communicated, and EoE is Anno trolling everyone, but I really felt that Evangelion was a character study by Anno developed as a sort of self-therapy and he just sort of ran out of ways to show it except with that sort of ending. EoE is a troll because it doesn't really fit that progression that Anno worked through to the last two episodes in the series.

The first part of EoE matches the original storyboards for episode 25 though. Only the second half of EoE was really only created for the movie, due to 26 being basically the original intended ending already, and so they needed to make something new (and flashy) for the movie.

hellclerk

Jexhius said:
End of Evangelion is about Asuka kicking-ass and for that reason it will always be relevant.
Relevant? Yes. Awesome? Of course. As good the series? Close, but no cigar.

jman2050

How did it take you guys 15 episodes of OreImo to realize that the entire show is siscon wish fulfillment fantasy cockteasing when I called that shit after episode 1?

Don't even get me started on the later novels.

tiff

Banned
I can't believe people watched OreImo for any other reason other than it being siscon wish fulfillment fantasy cockteasing, really.

trejo

Well, it's not as if I realized that just then. It's more like something that bears repeating.

Like saying K-on sucks, for example.
tiff said:
I can't believe people watched OreImo for any other reason other than it being siscon wish fulfillment fantasy cockteasing, really.
Sour Vags, yo.

Uchip

Banned
jman2050 said:
How did it take you guys 15 episodes of OreImo to realize that the entire show is siscon wish fulfillment fantasy cockteasing when I called that shit after episode 1?

was watching it with a long time friend who moved to Japan over skype
had nothing else to watch at the time

Steroyd

jman2050 said:

well for me i thought it WOULD be a siscon, then started watching when I found out it was a troll show for those who were expecting it, then got addicted to the ragehol ever since.

HamPster PamPster said:
Have we discussed the AMAZING news that the whole MAR anime is on netflix streaming?

Love the manga and can't wait to watch it starting tonight? You'll join me won't you gaf?

MAR_volume_1.png

Admit it, Dorthy is the best!

The whole anime was dubbed? I thought it got cancelled halfway through on CN or something. I'm guessing this is uncensored?

hellclerk

NeonZ said:
The first part of EoE matches the original storyboards for episode 25 though. Only the second half of EoE was really only created for the movie, due to 26 being basically the original intended ending already, and so they needed to make something new (and flashy) for the movie.
So? Shinji was originally was supposed to be a girl. Anno dealt with it. I recall Anno originally being resistant to making EoE at first anyway, plus, the last two episodes made much more logical sense for the progression of the narrative than EoE. The whole driving story behind the meta-physics scifi plot was this idea of human instrumentality, that if all the barriers between humans broke down, that human suffering would disappear. There were many plot reason for people trying to bring this about, few of them really relished upon, but the actual event of human instrumentality is irrelevant in the greater picture. What matters is the rejection of it, that breaking down such barriers are meaningless because it wouldn't end human emotional self-destruction and self-loathing. For this purpose, the original last two episodes were the best.

EoE was the easy way out, as was female Shinji (if he REALLY had a vagina, I can guarantee you that his fanbase would be larger and more ferocious than the cults of Asuka and Rei combined). Instead, Anno took the RIGHT way out. There just isn't any other real way that he could have ended the series in a reasonable, satisfactory, and honest way. We just all complained because we were too young and stupid at the time to get it.

jman2050 said:

A second season should bring some delicious rage from Kuroneko fans after the spoilers from the latest novel. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom