• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

flawfuls

shintoki said:
Another group just picked it up, and started from 1... they just got to the next episode the last group stopped at. This isn't a joke either.

Oh so they will start to get to new episodes soon?

Branduil said:
Asuka is pretty much a minor character in the Rebuild films. Thankfully.
6XxBal.jpg

Branduil

jman2050 said:
I've been through five of these intros and I still don't have a goddamn clue what Michel is rambling about.
Diarrhea Monologue-san.

I wish Cleo did the intros. He would talk about his pockets, and putting things inside them that he likes.

jman2050

So the damn ship is getting fired on by 10 gigantic other ships and wins the fight by flying straight upwards through the entire fleet, their cannons following their movements and firing on each other in the process, crippling everyone.

This show is blowing my mind.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
flawfuls said:
Oh so they will start to get to new episodes soon?
Their site has a status update(It was the second group subbing it too, pardon)

Episode 9: Released... (nessy's tracker is down so will transfer link when fixed on nyaa at the moment)
Episode 10: Quality Check
Episode 11: Quality Check
Episode 12: Editing
Episode 13: Editing
Episode 14+: Translation

Between 8-9... About 2 months... So take it as you will. It reeks of another group with zero competition hence zero reason to release at a reasonable pace.

Geneijin

Branduil said:
Finally some realism!

No wonder I was confused, Funimation showed me episode 3 and I thought it was 2.

Still want a .gif of that Michel hanky drop in 3.
Oh Branduil, why must you ask of such things?

4eq0X.gif

Jex

jman2050 said:
So the damn ship is getting fired on by 10 gigantic other ships and wins the fight by flying straight upwards through the entire fleet, their cannons following their movements and firing on each other in the process, crippling everyone.

This show is blowing my mind.
And I had assumed your entire mind had already been blown,

Branduil

jman2050 said:
ajoti1.png

How?

Also the orange-haired BDSM outfit girl was known as the "queen of the slums". This is the show that keeps on giving.
Just wait until you find out that all of those girls are Baron Harko-Count John Fall's daughters.

Geneijin said:
Hope you don't mind the Cleo stare. It made that scene extra special :lol

Cleo makes every scene special.

jman2050

Amazing show is amazing.

All right, sleep time now. For real real this time.

Branduil said:
Just wait until you find out that all of those girls are Baron Harko-Count John Fall's daughters.

Eh that sounds like something you'd find in these type of shows, nothing particularly noteworthy about something lik--

Linked cause NSFA

OH GOD WHY

Geneijin

Jexhius said:
So, uh, you're going to watch all 26 episodes?

I can't even get people to watch 13 episodes of an amazing show, like Mōryō no Hako. Obviously it needed to have more fleet battles and aristocracy.
You need a good character designer first and foremost.

May a mod deliver judgment upon me under the black cross and ban me for one anime season if I don't.

Blame mAcOdIn if you have to. I was already going to watch it, and I figured since he's already aware of it that he would enjoy my experience.

Branduil

Wait wait wait... 6 episodes in, and the void of space has not been an issue at all. It's perfectly fine to stand in exposed space and nothing bad will happen.

THEN AT THE END OF 6 A SHIP CRASHES INTO ANOTHER ONE, OPENING UP A HOLE, AND EVERYONE IS SUCKED INTO THE VACUUM.

Geneijin

jman2050 said:
Also the orange-haired BDSM outfit girl was known as the "queen of the slums". This is the show that keeps on giving.
8gwit.jpg

Branduil said:
Wait wait wait... 6 episodes in, and the void of space has not been an issue at all. It's perfectly fine to stand in exposed space and nothing bad will happen.

THEN AT THE END OF 6 A SHIP CRASHES INTO ANOTHER ONE, OPENING UP A HOLE, AND EVERYONE IS SUCKED INTO THE VACUUM.
In this universe, there is no such thing as a planet Earth or oxygen for that matter.

Branduil

Glass Fleet 6

3 episodes later, Vetti realizes that getting whiskey in your eye hurts. That's my explanation and I'm sticking to it.

Oh man, I never saw this coming!

Isaac is officially this show's Worf.

The ending of this episode... no words.

jman2050

Branduil said:
Glass Fleet 6

3 episodes later, Vetti realizes that getting whiskey in your eye hurts. That's my explanation and I'm sticking to it.

Oh man, I never saw this coming!

Isaac is officially this show's Worf.

The ending of this episode... no words.

STOP IT I'M TRYING TO SLEEP

Okay, I have self-control this time. Tomorrow. Tomorrow it's going down. Oh yeah I said it.

what do you guys talk about that requires 50 pages in a less than a week... makes it hard to keep up. I avoided the previous 3 or 4 threads cause of this.

RobotChant said:
what do you guys talk about that requires 50 pages in a less than a week... makes it hard to keep up. I avoided the previous 3 or 4 threads cause of this.

Absolutely nothing pertaining to the actual season. It hasn't really even started.

cosmicblizzard said:
Absolutely nothing pertaining to the actual season. It hasn't really even started.
Branduil said:
Mainly stuff like this or this.
Dresden said:
Important things.
ZVZY9.gif

so nothing worth wading through.

I always feel like I need to read the whole thread or I'll miss something. Thread moves so fast I end up waiting till I have more free time then thread grows out of control.

The last 4-5 seaons I've skipped due to time and being very jaded. dont' think I miss anything really good though. That's why I want to read the thread but it gets too big, fast.

Branduil

RobotChant said:

I always feel like I need to read the whole thread or I'll miss something. Thread moves so fast I end up waiting till I have more free time then thread grows out of control.

The last 4-5 seaons I've skipped due to time and being very jaded. dont' think I miss anything really good though. That's why I want to read the thread but it gets too big, fast.
This is a bad time to look at the thread for that since almost nothing has aired yet. Come back in about a month and people will have a better idea what shows from this season will actually be worth watching.

Mai-Hime 3

I can kind of understand the comparisons to Madoka, albeit only slightly. Getting a bit of a Homura vibe from Natsuki. Being Hime is suffering.

RobotChant said:

You missed Madoka and a few other good shows.

Geneijin

Not bothering with spoilers at all. I'll post this each time I'm talking about this.

Glass Fleet - 7

This is harder than I thought it would be. It's more work consolidating each episodes impressions from scratch into one post. I think I'll skip doing 3-6. I'll probably do an overview at the end though.

Michel and the pirate crew arrive at the People's Army's main base. After getting off the ship, Michel receives a huge ovation for his return. Next scene cuts to the crew meeting Michel's staff and him introducing them to a disinterested crew. Cleo soon asks them to repay their help with money as a form of gratitude. A confrontation happens and Cleo leaves a bit annoyed. Michel is then dismissed from meetings because of concerns of his health by his staff.

Michel is seen at a graveyard paying respects to his brother, who he didn't save because he chose to save Cleo. Next scene shows Vetti going to visit Pope Gorna's daughter, and Ralph is visibly agitated that he does. Vetti departs from a carriage. Cleo is seen at a pier and reminisces about his encounter with Vetti in a few short flashbacks. He decides to walk around the market, and people eventually recognize him as the savior of the savior, so they offer him tokens of appreciation, mainly food. He shortly meets Sylua, Michel's maid. They talk and Sylua wants Cleo to help Michel with his troubled feelings. Cleo arrives at Michel's house while Sylua is taking a shower. His real gender is revealed. She talks about her past: her admiration for her brother, her upbringing to becoming a woman, why Vetti loves Michel, and incest. This episode makes me realize Vetti has a harem in the making. It's uncanny.

Branduil

Geneijin said:
Not bothering with spoilers at all. I'll post this each time I'm talking about this.

Glass Fleet - 7

This is harder than I thought it would be. It's more work consolidating each episodes impressions from scratch into one post. I think I'll skip doing 3-6. I'll probably do an overview at the end though.

Michel and the pirate crew arrive at the People's Army's main base. After getting off the ship, Michel receives a huge ovation for his return. Next scene cuts to the crew meeting Michel's staff and him introducing them to a disinterested crew. Cleo soon asks them to repay their help with money as a form of gratitude. A confrontation happens and Cleo leaves a bit annoyed. Michel is then dismissed from meetings because of concerns of his health by his staff.

Michel is seen at a graveyard paying respects to his brother, who he didn't save because he chose to save Cleo. Next scene shows Vetti going to visit Pope Gorna's daughter, and Ralph is visibly agitated that he does. Vetti departs from a carriage. Cleo is seen at a pier and reminisces about his encounter with Vetti in a few short flashbacks. He decides to walk around the market, and people eventually recognize him as the savior of the savior, so they offer him tokens of appreciation, mainly food. He shortly meets Sylua, Michel's maid. They talk and Sylua wants Cleo to help Michel with his troubled feelings. Cleo arrives at Michel's house while Sylua is taking a shower. His real gender is revealed. She talks about her past: her admiration for her brother, her upbringing to becoming a woman, why Vetti loves Michel, and incest. This episode makes me realize Vetti has a harem in the making. It's uncanny.
Vetti is the harem protagonist other harem protagonists wish they could be.

Jex

RobotChant said:
Everything under the sun. It's why individual shows now get their own threads, to keep the discussion more focused.

Unless of course, massive delays happen.

Geneijin

I was suspicious of this in Episode 5, but Episode 8 confirms it:

aorHB.jpg

A typewriter able to send and receive morse code.

Branduil said:
Vetti is the harem protagonist other harem protagonists wish they could be.
A harem of vices no less.

Branduil

Geneijin said:
I was suspicious of this in Episode 5, but Episode 8 confirms it:

aorHB.jpg

A typewriter able to send morse code.

A harem of vices no less.
You really should watch the 5th abridged episode. It's ingenious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom