• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Kimi ni Todoke speed through run

Episode 8

It has now been 2 full episodes since Kazehaya confessed... nevermind this episode being filled with a lot of fluff,

Episode 9

This should have happened 3 eps ago but ah well Banzai progress...woah wait WHY ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY WOMAN!?

Just had a an otaku moment, Sawako said "Zuwa Zuwa" which I chuckled at, was translated as "I'm restless".

Episode 10

Ten episodes to get to this point TRY AND MISUNDERSTAND NOW HUH, oh whatever shall the last two episodes endow me with.

duckroll

trejo said:
I'll believe it when I'm holding the damn thing in my hands.

Not me. I'll only believe it when it's playing in my PS3 and the credits are rolling on my HDTV at the end. Until then, it could still be a troll, or an empty case, or a fucked up transfer.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
duckroll said:
Not me. I'll only believe it when it's playing in my PS3 and the credits are rolling on my HDTV at the end. Until then, it could still be a troll, or an empty case, or a fucked up transfer.

SO, disk error that only plays end credits is OK with you?

7Th

Finally watched X-Men.

>my face when Storm is voiced by Cure MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONRAITO

icarus-daedelus said:
On the Takahata front, it's got some inspired choices in the way that music meets visuals - I particularly enjoyed the encounter with the cat - and his familiar slightly "scratchy" visual style. It has a little bit of a low budget feel, but that really only adds to the charm, and because of it the character animation fits in with the rather impressionistic and un-detailed backgrounds. I'd recommend it to any fans of Isao Takahata, or to the ten other people who've seen Night on the Galactic Railroad and Spring and Chaos and are as interested in Kenji Miyazawa as I am.

One of my favorites; the scene with the cat is, indeed, fucking fantastic.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
icarus-daedelus said:

7Th said:
One of my favorites; the scene with the cat is, indeed, fucking fantastic.

Gauche%20the%20Cellist.jpg

Nonoriri

icarus-daedelus said:
Isn't it though? The cat was my favorite, but all of the animal encounters were really great and each had a unique feel; my only complaint, if you can call it that, is that I wanted about eight more of them. ;_;

I'd probably slot it in as second-favorite Takahata after Only Yesterday, although admittedly I have not yet seen that one movie with the giant raccoon balls. lulz.

Pom Poko is awesome, watch that asap.

mAcOdIn

icarus-daedelus said:
Sure, but the initial idea was yours. You planted the seed; we merely watered it and allowed it to grow into a giant venus fly trap. I really feel like it would be cowardly of you to try and back down now and not finish what you've started.
Why'd you have to go and use the C word? Now I have to watch all of it.
icarus-daedelus said:
This time with TWO pony tails instead of one.
Ehh, I thought she had two before as well? Oh well, just shows how unimportant she is to me.
icarus-daedelus said:
OTOH Holo isn't that moe~~~ compared to the rest of them, I mean, she doesn't exactly need protection when she can eat any attacker alive.
Is that one of the prerequisites of moe? Can't they tell themselves that she's emotionally weak? I mean, why else would a Wolf-deity decide to travel with a human merchant unless she was bored, lonely and suffering from feelings of being rendered obsolete from her village, poor girl just needed a man to save her just like all the other girls just not from monsters or other people.

Finished Bokurano. Wasn't bad, but the manga was far superior. Way too much uninteresting political sidecrap in the anime, plus it was missing a bunch of awesome scenes and just generally wasn't as bleak.

Nonoriri

Dresden said:
Man, the trailer looks like shit.

Everyone on /a/ was ragging on it :(

Please be good [C]!

icarus-daedelus said:
That fucking clip. They're using their testicles as parachutes. You're really not making me eager to watch that movie.

The movie is actually fairly serious business most of the time, kinda weird that way.

Instro

Yeah that trailer for C didnt look that hot, but w.e. Finally got around to watching the last ep of IS,
mad cockblocking at the end there

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
This time with TWO pony tails instead of one.
Double the ponytails, double the moe.
Dresden said:
Man, the trailer looks like shit.
Yeah, like, what is going on there?

I'm scared. That character design was slightly worrying, this trailer looks pretty lame.

Nana to Kaoru OAD!
This was so delicious. Listening to Nana do anything was almost too much to bear. There's no way you could watch this in the presence of others with some of the sounds she was making. I wasn't aware before, but apparently there's going to be more of these?

mAcOdIn

icarus-daedelus said:
All according to keikaku.
At least you're upfront with your intentions.
icarus-daedelus said:
She did, I meant compared to Steven Seagal. Who has one ponytail which remains perfectly preserved in every single scene in every one of his movies.
I see, I find them equally unattractive so I didn't catch that.
Jexhius said:
Double the ponytails, double the moe.
Two times zero is still zero.

Niblet

Gundamu question: I read on tvtropes that at some point the director of Gundam-ZZ got greenlit for Char's Counter attack and from that point ZZ becomes watchable as it has to set the stage for the awesome sauce. I want to jump straight to what ever episode that is. Anyone know it? I appreciate any help because I can't stand the shift from Zeta to what I am seeing in the first few ZZ episodes.

Niblet said:
Gundamu question: I read on tvtropes that at some point the director of Gundam-ZZ got greenlit for Char's Counter attack and from that point ZZ becomes watchable as it has to set the stage for the awesome sauce. I want to jump straight to what ever episode that is. Anyone know it? I appreciate any help because I can't stand the shift from Zeta to what I am seeing in the first few ZZ episodes.

The first 15 episodes are the wacky bullshit stuff. Episode 16 and on are more serious (no Bright chasing chickens around or other shit like that).

Cwarrior

I would like to know what on earth,index and railgun are about? and are they the same show ? when i google it, i get one or the other

I see a video on youtube with girl get some epic punch into a building

any good?

NewFresh

Ore no Imoto 13
"it was a thoroughly terrible game from beginning to end. Please tell the creator to go die"
Pretty fun episode, but I don't know how it will go without Kirino. Also I wish that Manami would just go away.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Nichijou will probably be very good, going by the OP and Episode 0. Can't wait.

C trailer looks bad, but it's a badly edited trailer. Not going to deflate my hype because of it.

Cwarrior said:
So i would like to know what on earth is index and railgun about? and they the same show ? when i google it, i get one or the other

any good?

It's a show about a bunch of dudes with powers and the main character negates other powers and also punches a lot of women. There's a lot of fake Christian symbolism because the author knows nothing about the religion and the female lead is amongst the most annoying characters in any medium. When the action starts, she mostly disappears and the show becomes entertaining.

Index is the main story and Railgun is a spinoff starring an important side character.

Branduil

Cwarrior said:
I would like to know what on earth,index and railgun are about? and are they the same show ? when i google it, i get one or the other

any good?
No, not by any means.

Blader

Niblet said:

It never really becomes good, but it starts turning into something resembling a narrative around episode 17.

Niblet

KuwabaraTheMan said:
The first 15 episodes are the wacky bullshit stuff. Episode 16 and on are more serious (no Bright chasing chickens around or other shit like that).
Blader5489 said:
It never really becomes good, but it starts turning into something resembling a narrative around episode 17.

Thanks guys. I really dont want to do this . . . Okay follow up question: Can I just skip ZZ and fully enjoy Char's? Does ZZ have any lasting importance on the remaining UC story line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom