• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

Instro said:

Worst thing is I sat there for a sec like "Should I? Somebody's definitely going to break the chain in the time it takes me to post this." Then I said "Eh, fuck it" and posted. Sure enough...

duckroll

Halycon said:
Is X-men being streamed anywhere?

Youtube maybe. Lol.

No official streams. G4 has to start showing Iron Man in Summer first, then Wolverine, before they get to X-Men. So X-men won't be shown in the US on TV until 2012.

Branduil

Jexhius said:
Maybe he was just asking those of us in this thread that happened to be ponies?
Sorry, I cant become a pony. I need to remain something that wears pants so I can put things that I like into my pocket.

Instro

Unknown Soldier said:
This isn't the My Little Pony thread.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension— a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the My Little Pony Thread.

Dresden said:
Important things.
ZVZY9.gif

dai-suki.gif

Steroyd

Kimi ni Todoke S2 Speed run

Episode 6.

3:43 - Kazehaya confesses directly to Sawako, oh snap guys progression!
9:07 - By some miracle of the gods, it took 5 minutes and 24 seconds for them to extract a misunderstanding out of it BY THEMSELVES.
16:38 Yano about to clear everything up, but decides not to because she got inrerrupted once.

Surely everything will be cleared up in the next episode right? RIGHT!?

Episode 7

*crickets*

Geneijin

Not bothering with spoilers at all. I'll post this each time I'm talking about this.

uP41a.gif

Are those purple panty hoses hanging from there?

Glass Fleet - 8

People's Army losing. Glass battleship shows up and turns the tide of battle.

OkCgM.gif

The People's Army is so incompetent, the entire enemy fleet decides to chase the glass battleship...

i3Oq8.gif

underwater. Ha, and the entire enemy fleet gets caught in an explosion detonated by the glass battleship.

arDOo.gif

Oh no, the mustache got upset against this daunting enemy!

vDrHW.gif

And here comes the fireworks.

Oh, so that's a territorial ship? Gives new meaning to continental warfare. This was so action packed.

Meanwhile, Vetti tries to win the heart of the Pope's daughter. Fails to do so in a fake kidnapping ploy concocted by him and the Pope (?) , but he's confident he has her heart cornered.

Steroyd

panda21 said:
ecf9f129d7a4636a6f5eb5b.gif

what is this thing someone posted at the end of the other thread from? so kawaii ^_^

Isn't he just? \(^o^)/ So devoid of evil intentions, I want a plush of him.

If you're planning to watch the anime to this, I have 2 warnings.

1)The last 2 episodes havn't been aired thanks to mother nature, nor do we know when the next 2 episodes will be aired.
2)AVOID OFFICIAL THREAD

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Wandering son 9~11 - Great stuff, i particularly loved the sense of minimalism throughout 9, and 10 and 11 had some damn good character interactions / moments, ending was also well-done for what it was. Anyway those last three episodes definitely proved that wandering son is my show of the season, of course my opinion could change in a few months when we finally get to see the last two madoka episodes lolz.

It's a shame it didn't run for 22 episodes, because at that length it could have been something great, at this point though, it's good as a supplement to the manga. Couldn't really recommend watching this adaptation over reading the manga.

In any case I'm officially ready for spring, bring it on!

Jex

Lafiel said:
It's a shame it didn't run for 22 episodes, because at that length it could have been something great, at this point though, it's good as a supplement to the manga. Couldn't really recommend watching this adaptation over reading the manga.
As I am free from any manga hang-ups (not saying that such hang-ups aren't completely legitimate) I can safely say that it's a great show.

Swag

Panty and Stocking

Wow didn't see that one coming.

Overall a good show, hilarious at times, bland at others. Chuck to the Future series was boring, episode saved by the ridiculously awesome parody of musical culture. Nice to see that despite all the madness, there was still some form of progression towards the end.

Ending Spoiler

How does it make sense that Stocking is a demon?

Once again Gainax doesn't disappoint, when is the sequel

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
What the hell? I barely manage to get a few people to watch the Black Lion dub and now everyone is scrambling to get in on Glass Fleet?

Jex

Hitokage said:
What the hell? I barely manage to get a few people to watch the Black Lion dub and now everyone is scrambling to get in on Glass Fleet?
I presume it has something to do with it maybe being available to stream.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette 1:

F1WoS.gif

SHINBOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

tiff

Banned
Jexhius said:
As I am free from any manga hang-ups (not saying that such hang-ups aren't completely legitimate) I can safely say that it's a great show.
It's great but even having not read the manga it's clear that this is only a small part of a larger story and it's kind of a bummer we'll never get to see it animated.

Neo C.

Are you guys crazy? So many pages in just a few days, I haven't even read a third of it. :/

Best things about Oreimo are doujins. One of the best shows in this regard.

Edit: I see there's already a guy making the same complain like me.

JKTrix

BONES lovers and haters alike:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/deals/kurau-phantom-memory-dvd-bundle-all-6-volumes-453

Crunchyroll has these daily deals. Today is all 6 volumes of Kurau: Phantom Memory for $16 + $5 shipping (a little bit cheaper if you're a paid member--you do need to sign up to get the deal though). Check around for some reviews if you haven't seen it or heard of it before--it's certainly worth $21.

They do ship internationally too.

This is a weekend deal, expiring Sunday night. Don't sit on it!

NewFresh

JKTrix said:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/deals/kurau-phantom-memory-dvd-bundle-all-6-volumes-453

Crunchyroll has these daily deals. Today is all 6 volumes of Kurau: Phantom Memory for $16 + $5 shipping (a little bit cheaper if you're a paid member--you do need to sign up to get the deal though). Check around for some reviews if you haven't seen it or heard of it before--it's certainly worth $21.

Wow! good deal. Just bought a 3DS so I will probably hold off but still a good deal to those who haven't watched it yet

mAcOdIn

Glass Fleet
Jexhius said:
I presume it has something to do with it maybe being available to stream.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's worse is Funimation probably has no idea what's going on, they probably just see some spike and they're all at their corporate headquarters trying to figure out how to capitalize on it, expect Glass Fleet to run on Adult Swim next season.

Go_Ly_Dow

Posted?

Dengeki Spring 2011 Anime Expectation Ranking:

1. Hidan no Aria
2. Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
3. Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II
4. Nichijou
5. A Channel
6. Hanasaku Iroha
7. Ao no Exorcist
8. C
9. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
10. Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen

Steroyd

Index II

Episode 22 - lolz Kirihara got team rocketed.

Episode 23 - ACCELERATOOOOORRR!

Episode 24 - LAST EPISODE I'M FREEEEEEEEEEE

Jex

duckroll said:
Haha wtf. C looks nothing like Eden. It looks more like.... I dunno.... Summer Wars for an otaku audience?
I was referring to a comment made by firehawk12. I should really drop using those kinds of injokes, lest people think I'm crazy.

C, please don't suck, because that trailer fails to inspire hope.

shawnlreed

I love the fact that Rio Rainbow Gate 13's last few seconds introduced new villains for season 2.
Who wants more Rio?
Everybody! That's who!

mAcOdIn

icarus-daedelus said:
That's silly! Honestly, when I type your name in over and over I just like to vary it up here and there.
Ah, well, normally I'd have already flown over to where you lived, kicked down your door and saved you from whatever ails you but this post was over 10 hours ago so I'm going to either assume you're fine now or already dead.

icarus-daedelus said:
See what you've wrought, mAcOdIn? Now you've wrangled a half dozen fellow gaffers into this mad Glass Fleet-watching scheme of yours. Of course you have to watch more! Don't you feel an obligation towards us, your comrades in arms?
Hey don't put this shit on me! It's either you or Geneijin that had the charisma and leadership to push this agenda as it wasn't until you two started posting about it that it took off, I don't have that kind of pull. And I'm still kicking around the idea of just letting you guys watch it and me not going past the first episode.
Hellsing321 said:
Eva 2.22
Now for my promised Asuka image dump

6XxBal.jpg

Asuka sees what you did there and she doesn't like it.

R46v6l.png

Fuck your shit! I'm drinking milk!

itEABl.jpg

You disgust Asuka.

i27Kml.png

Sleeping Asuka is watching you masturbate.

sU2LEl.jpg

Chef Ramsey ain't got shit on Asuka.

5I5m0l.jpg

luw5wl.jpg

New plug suit Asuka for your viewing pleasure.
This is like the many face of Asuka, it's like she's the new Steven Seagal.
Articalys said:
Well, I'm sure no one else gives a care, but for the sake of completeness, the finalized participant list for ISML:

Holo (Spice and Wolf)
And other girls...

Just under 20% are newcomers. Notably, both the Madoka and TWGOK casts got completely shut out.

The main battles start April 24 for those like me who have nothing better to do with their time.
Well it should be impossible for Holo not to win with a shit list like this but it's Japan, they'd probably vote for a pink Roomba vacuum with a pony sticker over Holo.

mAcOdIn

icarus-daedelus said:
X-Men sucks. Watch My Little Pony instead.

I was going to watch this on Hulu but they have episodes 1 and 3 available for stream.

What, am I supposed to skip 2 or something? What the hell.

Awesome. This guy is totally Baron Harkonnen with extra chin-moustaches.
Phew, so you're alright, good.
Uchip said:
dont underestimate the moe of vacuuming!
And think of the sexual undertones!

trejo

JKTrix said:

Man, that show had so much promise what with the absolutely stellar first episode. Shame nothing afterwards came even close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom