• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nonoriri said:
m26_C143_fapfapfap.gif
Can't unsee. :(

mAcOdIn

A Black Falcon said:
mAcOdIn - Have you not watched the last two episodes of IS? I've noticed you didn't comment on my posts about either episode... :)
Well that's my true form, mAcOdIn's "second stage" if you will, it robs me of the desire to talk about stuff I don't think is worth talking about unless asked about or it being the topic of discussion.

But now that you ask: I just want to say I fucking told you so, it was never worth bothering with any rankings because the author's less worried about internal consistency across the characters and more about following some failed-from-the-start generic outline and will decide on a whim when and where any characters show any attraction towards each other.

And I did make one small comment about having my suspicion voiced by Ichika's sister regarding Houki's sister being the one who launched all the missiles towards Japan and set the drone on it's way.

Also, to reiterate a comment from like episode two that I made, for a platform that's supposedly banned from military use there's little reason to believe that they're used for anything but, I mean, when they all come equipped with swords, lasers, swords that shoot lasers, missiles, cloaking devices, and have some backup fail-safe kill, kill and destroy mode surely there some practical civilian use for these things. Right?

The show was a piece of garbage and I'm glad it's over with. Still not watching Samurai Girls 12.
firehawk12 said:
That's all you guys think about, after all!

Harems: why doesn't the guy have sex?!
Mecha: why don't the robots have sex?!
Shoujo: why doesn't the girl have sex?!
Umasou: why don't the dinosaurs have sex?!
Look at you! Working all hard to separate yourself from the rest of us guys, aren't you special. You're usually the one accusing me of wanting them to have sex. Oh yeah, I haven't forgotten.

"They don't have sex in Shoujo, mAcOdIn."

"I never said I wanted them to have sex but there are Shoujo where they do.

"........"

"God this is still so slow, can't these fucks do anything?"

"Why you always wanting them to have sex Mac, can't you just enjoy the relationship? Besides, they don't have sex in Shoujo."

Yes they do, there's Itazura na Kiss for one oh and His and Hers Circumstances, but stop that, I don't want them to have sex, there's lots of room between fucking like rabbits and not being able to speak to each other, they can cover some of that middle ground."

"Oh you."

Argh! See what you do to me firehawk12?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dresden said:
Sex makes everything better, though. KnT would've been a masterpiece if some NTR got tossed around.
Steroyd said:
What the... you leave Umasou out of this you heathen. :mad:
See, I'm just saying what you're all afraid to admit! :lol

icarus-daedelus said:
Sounds like a potentially interesting framing device. Also, this probably says something about me, I'm not sure what exactly, but I really think TGWLTT would have been more satisfying and impactful for me had it ended on a much darker note; I ended up feeling like it kind of pulled its punches in the last third in order to finish on an up note. So I might check that out sometime.
Well, the live action movie ends on a very, very dark note... although, of course, the ending is very mono no aware. :lol
I suppose the deeper reading of the anime ending could be interpreted that way as well though.

I think both texts do their own thing well, but I'm not sure which I'd prefer. Part of it comes down to the type of time travel stories you are interested in, especially since the leads are literally the same.

I kind of want to watch The Time Traveller's Wife, mostly because I have no idea what it's about and assume it has a similar concept.

mAcOdIn said:
Look at you! Working all hard to separate yourself from the rest of us guys, aren't you special. You're usually the one accusing me of wanting them to have sex. Oh yeah, I haven't forgotten.

"They don't have sex in Shoujo, mAcOdIn."

"I never said I wanted them to have sex but there are Shoujo where they do, like this and that.

"........"

"God this is still so slow, can't these fucks do anything?"

"Why you always wanting them to have sex Mac, can't you just enjoy the relationship? Besides, they don't have sex in Shoujo."

Yes they do, there's Itazura na Kiss for one oh and His and Hers Circumstances, but stop that, I don't want them to have sex, there's lots of room between fucking like rabbits and not being able to speak to each other, they can cover some of that middle ground."

"Oh you."

Argh! See what you do to me firehawk12?
Oh, there's nothing wrong with sex. I mean, I think Ebichu is a funny sex comedy anime that has as much to say about sex as it does gender.

It's just not the only thing a show can be about, is my contention.

Of course, I basically just watched a two hour romance movie where the male lead kisses the girl on the forehead and that's the culmination of their doomed romance and I thought that was perfectly fine, so maybe I have a skewed view on these things. :lol

iavi

icarus-daedelus said:
I can't look at that title anymore without thinking '200% more cum in the air'

So were the, uh, action scenes good/better?

Yeah they were actually pretty damn good, enough to keep me grounded in the film. True, there was no single scene as epic as Kite's "Fall from the bathroom" but the individual fight scenes were both choreographed, and animated much better.

I actually went into the fcking the film expecting 200% more cum in the air, like; around every corner expecting it. It's actually one of the reasons I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had toned down the individual amounts of it, lol.

Edit: AHAHAHAHAHA! Reading comprehension fail--I think. Dirty. Dirty. If you're asking about the other action scenes, there aren't as many, but the ones there are much spicier, yeah.

BluWacky

Dog Days wasn't quite what I expected. It's a Saturday morning kids show airing late at night - there's none of the weird pervy creepiness that pervaded Nanoha. It's basically just a bit silly.

Not a great first episode from a "drawing the viewer in" point of view, though. Perhaps it's because I'm a big fan of the into-another-world trope but normally it's because the summoning is mysterious, or someone's said a whole load of cryptic mumbo jumbo beforehand, or whatever. Everything is too straightforward here.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Dresden said:
Once I watch the first episode I'll be back with dazzling impressions of Dog Days.
In the very last episode of the season you'll find out they were cat girls the whole time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I love Kozue already.

Bitch moves faaaaaaaaaaaaast.

Geneijin

firehawk12 said:
I was being facetious though. :p
That's besides the point! You should know better when discussing sex and anime in the same sentence. Dangerously astray.

Of course, I basically just watched a two hour romance movie where the male lead kisses the girl on the forehead and that's the culmination of their doomed romance and I thought that was perfectly fine, so maybe I have a skewed view on these things. :lol
p6WeE.jpg

It works fine. Its fandom will do as it pleases

Steroyd

firehawk12 said:
See, I'm just saying what you're all afraid to admit! :lol

You can have them get together in Shoujo's and not have it be the end game or shag each others brains out, you can focus on how they interact with each other and the highs and lows of their relationship (getting jealous, people trying to break them up etc), Lovely Complex did this well.

Hell Kare Kano basically retconned them shagging each other because the guy regressed back to being embarrased holding hands after the fact.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Sex isn't everything, sometimes just a kiss is good enough!

Dresden

Miri said:
KnT? NTR?
If you didn't know what they meant, turn away now before it's too late! You can still be saved.

Lafiel said:
Sex isn't everything, sometimes just a kiss is good enough!
Bah, that's like watching a mecha show but skipping all the action. A war movie without war, a romance without ahegao, a Steven Seagal movie with zero deaths!

Watched the first couple episodes of Giant Robo: The Day The Earth Stood Still, and was pretty blown away by the animation and imagination of the design and the world, old-school in a good way

ONLY NUCLEAR POWER CAN SAVE US NOW.

iavi

Dresden said:
If you didn't know what they meant, turn away now before it's too late! You can still be saved.

It's too late for this soul, maybe, I've realized what KnT was referring to anyway. NTR is still lost to me.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
doomed1 said:
What the fuck am I looking at...

MP Eva toward the latter half of End of Evangelion, doing some Rei-foreskin uncovering, it's sexual yo!

Lain

InfiniteNine said:
I will cut you bitch! *smacks with glove*
QQ
Btw, who said that Sawako had to be the soiled one?! She's too naive, she'd have the role the boyfriends usually have in those kind of stories >.>

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Lain said:
QQ
Btw, who said that Sawako had to be the soiled one?! She's too naive, she'd have the role the boyfriends usually have in those kind of stories >.>
Don't you pervert her world. @___@ A smiling Sawako is best.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
InfiniteNine said:
Don't you soil Sawako's world with your filth. ;____;
I haft to admit in certain romantic anime it seems wrong that they'd have sex of any kind, considering the innocent nature of the romance and all lulz. Plus the characters are drawn so innocently and pure.:p

Steroyd

Lain said:
QQ

Run Sawako RUN AWAY FROM THEIR HIDDEN DESIRES!!!

iavi

I can't enjoy a romance where the mains are afraid to even look, touch, or talk to each other. Shit reeks.

Doesn't mean that they have to be sexing, but I want to see steps taken.

And I've never watched KnT, but from the way you guys are going on, it sounds like it probably smells.

shawnlreed

Dog Days 1

So it's insanely derivative and neck deep in fanservice, but I actually really enjoyed it.
Acrobatic boy ends up in fantasy Takeshi's Castle land to save the day.
Gotta love his posturing at the end ... Hell Yeah I'm the Hero. Bring it!

Cwarrior

Miri said:
Yeah they were actually pretty damn good, enough to keep me grounded in the film. True, there was no single scene as epic as Kite's "Fall from the bathroom" but the individual fight scenes were both choreographed, and animated much better.

I actually went into the fcking the film expecting 200% more cum in the air, like; around every corner expecting it. It's actually one of the reasons I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had toned down the individual amounts of it, lol.

Edit: AHAHAHAHAHA! Reading comprehension fail--I think. Dirty. Dirty. If you're asking about the other action scenes, there aren't as many, but the ones there are much spicier, yeah.

lol am the only one that found it really weird that the second sex scene goes on for far to long with the guys go for second and thirds by then i was like did they forget about the plot or say fuck it, this shit really hentai.

edit:
Oh by the way the guys fucking in this hentai cum buckets literally even oni master would be proud

Steroyd

lol ^^

Miri said:
I can't enjoy a romance where the mains are afraid to even look, touch, or talk to each other. Shit reeks.

Doesn't mean that they have to be sexing, but I want to see steps taken.

And I've never watched KnT, but from the way you guys are going on, it sounds like it probably smells.

If you look at KnT from a Girl likes boy perspective then yes it does smell.

But if you look at it as girl is just misunderstood and wants to make friends, then you can get some joy out of season 1 to a point.

However.

Season 2 pisses all over the progress Sawako made from perspective 2 just to give me 12 episodes of Shoujo.

Lain

InfiniteNine said:
I hate you guys.
Awww. I'd never make Sawako intentionally lose her sparkly smile though, although the only character I really like is Chizuru. She's so dumb that she's fun to watch.

iavi

Cwarrior said:
lol am the only that found it really wierd as to how long the second sex scene goes on for,the guys go for second and thirds by then i was like did they forget about the plot or say fuck it this shit a hentai movie.

Aha, that train ran along very long tracks. I'm pretty sure that they said "Fuck it," going into production.

Steroyd said:
lBut if you look at it as girl is just misunderstood and wants to make friends, then you can get some joy out of season 1 to a point.

I was actually watched a few eps of the first season, and got those vibes, but the show was so dull.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maison Ikkoku is now the greatest love story ever told.

Geneijin

Not bothering with spoilers at all. I'll post this each time I'm talking about this.

7KulQ.jpg

Glass Fleet - 10

It's authentic. Happens after the negotiations were over.

Most of the episode was spent like this:

dLg5Q.jpg

Bardeaux is currently talking with Party A (Vetti)
Party B (Cleo) soon arrives in a separate room.
Party A is asked to wait in the another waiting room while Bardeaux talks to Party B.
Party B is pleads their case. Cleo blurts out Bardeaux was dumped by Vetti.
Bardeaux was all rights and interests of all trade zones.
Party A comes back in as Party B leaves to delay their response.
Party B's negotiations are successful. Contract is signed with seals. Party B leaves.
Party A has failed.

What an uneventful episode.

BluWacky said:
Dog Days wasn't quite what I expected. It's a Saturday morning kids show airing late at night - there's none of the weird pervy creepiness that pervaded Nanoha. It's basically just a bit silly.

Not a great first episode from a "drawing the viewer in" point of view, though. Perhaps it's because I'm a big fan of the into-another-world trope but normally it's because the summoning is mysterious, or someone's said a whole load of cryptic mumbo jumbo beforehand, or whatever. Everything is too straightforward here.
Interactive Fiction said:
Dog Days 1

So it's insanely derivative and neck deep in fanservice, but I actually really enjoyed it.
Acrobatic boy ends up in fantasy Takeshi's Castle land to save the day.
Gotta love his posturing at the end ... Hell Yeah I'm the Hero. Bring it!
Now I got to see this. I'm so confused what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom