• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
trejo said:
I think it's the voice. It's just way too ditzy.
Mayushii is extremely ditzy so it fits! Well I suppose you'll like the next episode since you like Feiris's design and don't mind her work required nyans.

So far Moeka and Kurisu are top spots for me in female cast though.

Swag

Guys I don't know why you hated on Yosuga no Sora so much, I'm reading the manga and it definitely doesn't seem as bad as your making it out to be, I may watch it later.

Geneijin

Glass Fleet - 26 (END)
hjvKJ.gif

I feel more conflicted than when I started this. Just what have I witnessed?

tiff

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
Guys I don't know why you hated on Yosuga no Sora so much, I'm reading the manga and it definitely doesn't seem as bad as your making it out to be, I may watch it later.
I enjoyed it. The format made each route feel kinda bite-sized though.

trejo

InfiniteNine said:
Well I suppose you'll like the next episode since you like Feiris's design and don't mind her work required nyans.
My body is ready?

Sebulon3k said:
Really now.

jman2050

Geneijin said:
Glass Fleet - 26 (END)
hjvKJ.gif

I feel more conflicted than when I started this. Just what have I witnessed?

I was thinking about it, and this may sound crazy but, in all honesty, I actually might have preferred a standard reset ending rather than... that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yosuga is enjoyable only if you treat it as softcore hentai.

And it's not even good softcore hentai.

flawfuls

Tetsuko no Tabi 2

In this episode they take the longest route throguh seven prefectures on a single 130 yen ticket! There were tons of exiting moments like when they switched from AC power to DC power and when they had lunch. Still no sign real character development or plot or anything else. It's mostly just trains, but really what more do you need.

trejo

jman2050 said:
Oh I wasn't paying attention.

So her drill hair is Mami with Madoka's hair color uhhh what else...
It's a shame she doesn't seem to have dat fang cuz then we'd have Kyouko covered.

Steroyd

Sebulon3k said:

You get trolled by Gaf into watching School Days, then you decide to troll yourself?

Geneijin

jman2050 said:
I was thinking about it, and this may sound crazy but, in all honesty, I actually might have preferred a standard reset ending rather than... that.
I have trouble imagining an ending like that when I finished what I've just seen. I feel stupefied for trying to predict this.

Besides, if Gonzo did that, we wouldn't know
who the best character was.

Branduil

Glass Fleet 12

"You're the spy!"

A bit slow on the uptake there.

That was like the easiest trap to set ever.

LOL I need a gif of Cleo deflecting arrows.

"You just lost, Vetti. And now I'll take your head."

Holy deus ex machina.

wedding.JPG

Jex

Branduil said:
Get out while you still can.
As if anime fans ever heed such warnings.
shintoki said:
Honey and Clover: Why do people like the loli again? And when people say she acts 12, that's a lie. It's more like 7 or 8. 2nd, why do I get this feeling her cousin likes her too?
I think you just answered your own question.

I guess no-one is going to stream Kaiji huh?

Dresden

cosmicblizzard said:
Yeah, dude isn't just hax, he's friggin auto-hax. That's the most hax kind of hax.
Nah, he's not even the haxxest of the haxxors in Haxdex.

"Throw shit at the wall until it sticks" is like the author's motto.

jman2050

Branduil said:
Glass Fleet 12

Holy deus ex machina.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the ending to this. This is actually a very very important plot development which perfectly reflects the entire show as a whole. Check the spoiler for details.

What happened is never explained. What, what did you think I was going say?

Dresden said:
Nah, he's not even the haxxest of the haxxors in Haxdex.

Got a bigger image? Can't make anything out.

Edit: There we go.

Curious to see Flamma in action.

Edit 2: What's this "The one who cleanses God" nonsense? Touma gets an upgrade?

Jex

flawfuls said:
Tetsuko no Tabi 2

In this episode they take the longest route throguh seven prefectures on a single 130 yen ticket! There were tons of exiting moments like when they switched from AC power to DC power and when they had lunch. Still no sign real character development or plot or anything else. It's mostly just trains, but really what more do you need.
Trains should be enough for any man to be excited.

Branduil

jman2050 said:
Oh yeah I forgot to mention the ending to this. This is actually a very very important plot development which perfectly reflects the entire show as a whole. Check the spoiler for details.

What happened is never explained. What, what did you think I was going say?
W0Znn.gif

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
Does it look to anyone else like he's wearing part of a Big Bird costume?!

These costumes, I just...I cannot comprehend a galaxy in which that would be considered fashionable.
It's far far away and long long ago.

Dresden

cosmicblizzard said:
Edit 2: What's this "The one who cleanses God" nonsense? Touma gets an upgrade?
IIRC, it turns out that his right arm isn't his power, it's just a lock to make sure whatever is in him doesn't get out.

jman2050

Dresden said:
Whatever is in his arm > God. Lulz.

Heh yeah. I love how despite the fact that I knew the author was a hack and would ultimately default to standard cliches like "his useless arm/appendage/amulet/whatever is actually a seal imprisoning something awesome/evil" to explain everything in his series I was still sorta disappointed when I read that was the case.

Dresden said:
Whatever is in his arm > God. Lulz.

Even
Alister made a move due to someone realizing stuff about that arm

Dresden said:
IIRC, it turns out that his right arm isn't his power, it's just a lock to make sure whatever is in him doesn't get out.

and it seems it almost came out when he lost his arm but he basically told it to fuck off and regenerate the arm

Geneijin

Jexhius said:
Or is it?

icarus-daedelus said:
Does it look to anyone else like he's wearing part of a Big Bird costume?!

These costumes, I just...I cannot comprehend a galaxy in which that would be considered fashionable.
Speaking of which, what episode did you leave off from anyway?

jman2050

Jexhius said:

The show actually implies that the
entire population of the show was born from a bunch of earthlings who came to that galaxy and couldn't leave.

Geneijin

jman2050 said:
The show actually implies that the
entire population of the show was born from a bunch of earthlings who came to that galaxy and couldn't leave.
Actually,
they don't imply it. They said it happens like that. Religion censoring history and all are implied.

Jex

hosannainexcelsis said:
I figure since no one bothered with the first season, no one wants to bother with this one either. A shame.
Well, the amount of shows being streamed since Kaiji S1 have increased dramatically. Now it's nearly every good show (and many bad ones).

Branduil

Jexhius said:
Well, the amount of shows being streamed since Kaiji S1 have increased dramatically. Now it's nearly every good show (and many bad ones).
The fact that Madoka wasn't streamed still shows we have a long way to go.

jman2050

Hanasaku Iroha 1

Incredibly well-produced and written well, though I'll just reiterate what I said before and say that this really isn't my type of show. I'll keep watching it until I get bored of it, so let's hope the show manages to actually keep itself interesting over a period of time.

Also I can't stop staring at Ohana's hair. It's mesmerizing.

Branduil said:
The fact that Madoka wasn't streamed still shows we have a long way to go.

I imagine it was pretty difficult to really "sell" the show, given its ostensible premise. Or alternatively Aniplex is apprehensive about licensed streaming. Not sure which.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom