• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have experience with Flash, mostly the AS3 side of things but I know my way around tweens.

I don't know rigging works in Flash but I've used them in Maya.

trejo

duckroll said:
We should actually take this to the Madoka thread, and maybe do something like 5 pages per week, and keep going until a) it becomes completely incomprehensible, or b) they actually air ep11 and 12.
a is going to happen much, much sooner than b.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are we doing fan fiction now?

I demand the insertion of a Mary Sue character who replaces Madoka as the most powerful girl in the universe and manages to save everyone with the power of her own awesomeness while also somehow entering the Twilight universe in time to make out with the Vampire and Werewolf guys.

Dresden

firehawk12 said:
Much worse than fantasy anyway!
I think the two are around the same level. Lots of generic shit with some gems here and there. GAF does read a lot of dumb shit though. /monocle

Branduil

duckroll said:
We should actually take this to the Madoka thread, and maybe do something like 5 pages per week, and keep going until a) it becomes completely incomprehensible, or b) they actually air ep11 and 12.
Write 5 pages a week? Because it will take waaaaaaaaaaay longer than a week to animate 5 minutes of something, especially if we're not paying people.

tiff

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Also, watching the last episode of Kampfer (I hate myself) again in preparation for the OVA/TV whatever thing tomorrow made me realize that a gimmick for a lot of comedy adaptations seems to be to have a fucked up, completely unrelated finale episode.
Oh, it's tomorrow? Finally, some news to brighten my week.

Instro

Madoka ending...Im fine with just assuming
that Homura will continue in her infinite time loop and never save Madoka.

Dont even need the extra 2 episodes for that. As an added bonus my ending trolls everyone.

duckroll

trejo said:
a is going to happen much, much sooner than b.

I definitely agree. But that's part of the fun. I don't really like "real" fan fiction as much as ridiculous fan fiction honestly. True to the spirit of the source material, but just wacky enough that it would never actually be in the source material.

Branduil said:
Write 5 pages a week? Because it will take waaaaaaaaaaay longer than a week to animate 5 minutes of something, especially if we're not paying people.

No, 5 pages of like a web comic or something. I wasn't actually thinking of animation. 5 minutes of animation would be insane for a dumb fan project out of boredom. :p

Geneijin

duckroll said:
And torment the other Madoka with each bump? You guys have gone insane waiting.

hosannainexcelsis said:
All this Key hate makes me want to rewatch Kanon 2006 and read Planetarian. The only proper response to hate is love!
Whatever happened with the Planetarian anime rumors anyway?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Instro said:
Madoka ending...Im fine with just assuming
that Homura will continue in her infinite time loop and never save Madoka.

Dont even need the extra 2 episodes for that. As an added bonus my ending trolls everyone.
That's the
Quantum Leap
ending!

trejo

duckroll said:
I definitely agree. But that's part of the fun. I don't really like "real" fan fiction as much as ridiculous fan fiction honestly. True to the spirit of the source material, but just wacky enough that it would never actually be in the source material.
Oh, so we'd be going with the Cake Planet route?

duckroll

Damn, I was just thinking of how ep11 could start, and I realized that ep9 actually ended with Madoka unconscious, and lying in Homura's apartment. Homura is now completely alone with Madoka, who is unable to resist her desperate advances. :/

Dresden

trejo said:
Oh, so we'd be going with the Cake Planet route?
Cake Planet is actually a trap.

duckroll said:
Damn, I was just thinking of how ep11 could start, and I realized that ep9 actually ended with Madoka unconscious, and lying in Homura's apartment. Homura is now completely alone with Madoka, who is unable to resist her desperate advances. :/
Perfect, meduka-gaf can just become a doujin circle.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
duckroll said:
So rape time?

Branduil

duckroll said:
Let's try to keep this PG-13. And something that couldn't potentially get us thrown in jail.

trejo

duckroll said:
I like where this is going already!

Dambrosi

Banned
Lafiel said:
What if you were tied down while being forced to watch them?
clockwork-orange.gif

Viddy well, my droogs :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sebulon3k said:
The best girl doesn't get the guy.
at least it wasn't a predictable ending. Surprised they broke the formula with this girl, she would've had the most believable transition to romance out of the entire female cast.
Childhood friends always lose. It's the law of anime.

Dresden said:
I think the two are around the same level. Lots of generic shit with some gems here and there. GAF does read a lot of dumb shit though. /monocle
Yeah, like that Martin fellow!
(Although, I went to fucking WorldCon just to hear him kvetch about how modern science fiction is shit because it's too dark and grimey... which is funny considering his own fantasy books. :p)

tiff said:
Oh, it's tomorrow? Finally, some news to brighten my week.
Kampfer > Infinite Stratos!

Dresden said:
Perfect, meduka-gaf can just become a doujin circle.
It's like Genshiken come to life!

duckroll said:
44YDIl.jpg

Instro

duckroll said:
Someone just kill me before this idea gets any further. Please.

I say you ban yourself, its the only way to be sure. If not I'm fully prepared to go down this ModokaxHomura road.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
(Although, I went to fucking WorldCon just to hear him kvetch about how modern science fiction is shit because it's too dark and grimey... which is funny considering his own fantasy books. :p)

I already miss the days when the proper response to anything regarding Martin would have been "finish Dance before you die" "stop attending shitty conventions and write Dance" and "Fuck the Jets"

duckroll

Instro said:
I say you ban yourself, its the only way to be sure. If not I'm fully prepared to go down this ModokaxHomura road.

I totally would, except that would also delete all my Subscriptions, and that's not worth it!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
duckroll said:
I totally would, except that would also delete all my Subscriptions, and that's not worth it!
I forgot that happened. It was annoying when I got banned for that bullshit a couple of months ago.

trejo said:
I hope someone announces a Little Busters adaptation just to see your reaction.
That would be awesome~!

Branduil

InfiniteNine said:
Lolicon isn't illegal in the US! Otherwise I wouldn't have ordered some of the doujin and manga I own.
Some of us aren't prepared and/or don't desire to take the legal risks you are!

Dresden

icarus-daedelus said:
Oh god, don't say that. Don't say there might be more. Spare me further pain!
Would you watch Angel Beats 2 if they announced it? :p

firehawk12 said:
That's because all the underage lesbian sex and incest in his books is le art, unlike those sci-fi scrubs.

tiff

Banned
duckroll said:
Someone just kill me before this idea gets any further. Please.
It's too late. The seed is planted. You can't kill an idea.
firehawk12 said:
Kampfer > Infinite Stratos!
Ichika would probably be so much cooler if he could turn into a girl.

duckroll

I don't see why people get offended when shit they hate get adaptations. I mean isn't the solution quite simple? Just don't watch it!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Looks like Ishikei/NiseMIDIdoronkai is doing an Infinite Stratos doujin for the next comiket. Buying regardless of me not watching since his stuff is wonderful!

zeroshiki

duckroll said:
I don't see why people get offended when shit they hate get adaptations. I mean isn't the solution quite simple? Just don't watch it!

In icarus-daedalus' case, it needs to be watched because of the suicide blood compact.

Dresden

"Oh Madoka," murmured Homura, as she leaned in for a kiss. Their lips connected even as their bodies entwined together like a Challah bun. In the bathtub, they rustled together in that tightly confined space, the heat of their bodies turning the water into a soup of filth and bubbles.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Dresden said:
"Oh Madoka," murmured Homura, as she leaned in for a kiss. Their lips connected even as their bodies entwined together like a Challah bun. In the bathtub, they rustled together in that tightly confined space, the heat of their bodies turning the water into a soup of filth and bubbles.
Go on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom