• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
Thankfully, I've read a little bit of the base manga, so after 10 episodes of Chi's Sweet Home ~ Chi's New Address I think I've got a handle on some of the extremely complex plotting and characterization that the series is so famous for.

cute factor is off the damn scale ;_;
The kitty goes: meow.
duckroll said:
Wait, people are taking Azuma seriously? Lolz.
Always!

Branduil

icarus-daedelus said:
I dunno, I'm watching Infinite Ryvius lately and I'm pretty sure the childhood friend is going to "win."

She has a slight advantage given that the chief competition is a
murderous psychopath

Infinite Ryvius is the exception that proves the rule!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
tiff said:
Ichika would probably be so much cooler if he could turn into a girl.
I thought Ichika was a girl??

zeroshiki said:
I already miss the days when the proper response to anything regarding Martin would have been "finish Dance before you die" "stop attending shitty conventions and write Dance" and "Fuck the Jets"
Hey, if Robert Jordan finished his books, then Martin can do it too!
Oh wait.

Dresden said:
That's because all the underage lesbian sex and incest in his books is le art, unlike those sci-fi scrubs.
Well, Lost is a piece of shit after all. :lol

trejo

Dresden said:
"Oh Madoka," murmured Homura, as she leaned in for a kiss. Their lips connected even as their bodies entwined together like a Challah bun. In the bathtub, they rustled together in that tightly confined space, the heat of their bodies turning the water into a soup of filth and bubbles.
And cosmicblizzard thought us having one was a bad thing. Who's laughing now, huh?

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
I thought Ichika was a girl??

Hey, if Robert Jordan finished his books, then Martin can do it too!
Oh wait.

Well, Lost is a piece of shit after all. :lol

Brandon Sanderson is already more interesting than the last 10 years of Jordan. I only feel bad that he's saddled with WoT and can't do Way of Kings or more Mistborn.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Dresden said:
"Oh Madoka," murmured Homura, as she leaned in for a kiss. Their lips connected even as their bodies entwined together like a Challah bun. In the bathtub, they rustled together in that tightly confined space, the heat of their bodies turning the water into a soup of filth and bubbles.

So now's the part with the knives right?

tiff

Banned
InfiniteNine said:
Looks like Ishikei/NiseMIDIdoronkai is doing an Infinite Stratos doujin for the next comiket. Buying regardless of me not watching since his stuff is wonderful!
He, uh, seems pretty good, yeah.

I forget what all I've read from him, actually.

Dresden said:
Yes! Yes!

Jex

InfiniteNine said:
To me good anime is stuff I enjoy. So definitions!
Pff, I enjoy Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky. That doesn't make it a good movie!
zeroshiki said:
Mononoke had the weird art style. I totally understand people not liking it.
If people are that easily bothered my art I don't know how they watch anime!

Unless it's Gankutsuou which has given people headaches...

Geneijin

cosmicblizzard said:
We were already insane and you know it.
Not really. I wasn't around when the Code Geass S1 fiasco happened, so I can only assume the worse is happening now.

Besides, I still haven't watched Madoka. I can't sympathize with the ongoing insanity =P

InfiniteNine said:
That would have been pretty cool~! Planetarian is nice and doesn't have any routes so it'd transition nicely.
I'll take it as a no then. How unfortunate. And I've heard good things about it too.

firehawk12 said:
Childhood friends always lose. It's the law of anime.
But that doesn't explain why Kaoru won and was the better childhood friend.

icarus-daedelus said:
Oh god, don't say that. Don't say there might be more. Spare me further pain!
You could always opt out icarus, but would you lose your friendship with your friend if you did?

Dresden

Regulus Tera said:
So now's the part with the knives right?
"I'm sorry," said Madoka. And Homura felt something cold enter her gut. She leaned back, and saw the wooden handle of a steak-knife sticking out from her stomach.

"I'm not Madoka. I'm a time-assassin sent by the Anti-Entropy department." And with that, Madoka stood up, and her skin peeled off to reveal a bipedal QB, model no. 6543.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
tiff said:
He, uh, seems pretty good, yeah.

I forget what all I've read from him, actually.
Go read Mikanal now!

Geneijin said:
I'll take it as a no then. How unfortunate. And I've heard good things about it too.
Honestly I know nothing about it being animated, so no info from me!

Jexhius said:
Pff, I enjoy Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky. That doesn't make it a good movie!
Pfftt, like I care.

trejo

Dresden said:
"I'm sorry," said Madoka. And Homura felt something cold enter her gut. She leaned back, and saw the wooden handle of a steak-knife sticking out from her stomach.

"I'm not Madoka. I'm a time-assassin sent by the Anti-Entropy department." And with that, Madoka stood up, and her skin peeled off to reveal a bipedal QB, model no. 6543.
I volunteer Regulus Tera as a proxy for Duckroll's ban.

Jexhius said:
If people are that easily bothered my art I don't know how they watch anime!

Unless it's Gankutsuou which has given people headaches...

Some people just like the generic anime art style. I know I'd rather have that than pretty much all of the other art styles out there.

Jex

jman2050 said:
Whelp, guess I can rewatch Azumanga Daioh to fill the Madoka-sized hole in my heart.

And then rewatch it again.

And then again.

And then again.
Or you could watch a good show.

jman2050

Jexhius said:
Or you could watch a good show.

nm1b2s.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Geneijin said:
But that doesn't explain why Kaoru won and was the better childhood friend.
Rihoko is the older childhood friend!

zeroshiki said:
Brandon Sanderson is already more interesting than the last 10 years of Jordan. I only feel bad that he's saddled with WoT and can't do Way of Kings or more Mistborn.
I don't read fantasy these days, so I'll have to take your word for it. :lol

Jex

Branduil said:
It's pretty low on the scales of "good writing" and "believable characters," though I realize people without monocles don't care much for those things.

To me Code Geass will always be a second-rate Glass Fleet.
I don't know, Glass Fleet doesn't have mecha. Then again, I haven't finished Glass Fleet.
cosmicblizzard said:
A conversation about writing in anime (or anything really) is not going to end well regardless of ranking.
I can be assured that Gungrave is pretty low on that ranking.

Dresden

zeroshiki said:
Way of Kings or Mistborn is junk, though.

InfiniteNine said:
We should do a group Kanon 2006 watch!
uYpqNl.png

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
I don't read fantasy these days, so I'll have to take your word for it. :lol

So you'll be making a comeback for ADWD? I actually prefer SF to fantasy books but I like the fantasy setting better. Its just that the proliferation of Dragonlance and AD&D stuff have made most fantasy generic and unbearable.

Dresden said:
Way of Kings or Mistborn is junk, though.

uYpqNl.png

Eh, I thought they were solid. Definitely not Martin or Rothfuss but Sanderson created some believable worlds. I thought the magic system in Mistborn was excellent.

Anyways, anime. I loved Scrapped Princess' fantasy setting. I thought that was the best one in recent years (Does Spicy Wolf count?). Of course somewhere in the middle Scrapped Princess goes to hell and unintelligibility but it was good while it lasted.

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
That reminds me, I was going to watch this after I finish Infinite Ryvius, Aria the Whatever, and Toradora. Maybe slot Angel Beats or Kanon 06 somewhere in there. Man, I need more hours in the day. >_<
Dedicating any amount of your life to KEY seems to be a waste.
Dresden said:
I didn't dig Trapeze at all, and Mononoke is one of my favorite(est) animu ever. I should give it another shot one day.
Trapeze is great, but I think it takes a couple of episodes for it to find it's feet.

Jex

duckroll said:
We should actually take this to the Madoka thread, and maybe do something like 5 pages per week, and keep going until a) it becomes completely incomprehensible, or b) they actually air ep11 and 12.
Well, it's not like b is happening any time soon.
duckroll said:
Damn, I was just thinking of how ep11 could start, and I realized that ep9 actually ended with Madoka unconscious, and lying in Homura's apartment. Homura is now completely alone with Madoka, who is unable to resist her desperate advances. :/
I didn't realise you wrote doujin, duckroll.

Dresden

A Code Geass R2 stream is always a riot. I've sat through a few and it's always good.

Anyways... who's seen Morita-san wa Mukuchi? What the hell is it?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:
So you'll be making a comeback for ADWD? I actually prefer SF to fantasy books but I like the fantasy setting better. Its just that the proliferation of Dragonlance and AD&D stuff have made most fantasy generic and unbearable.
I posted in the HBO thread that I'm basically too old to read that stuff now and was promptly reminded that I post on GAF. :lol
I'll watch the show at least. We'll see how it goes with reading the books.

And yeah, I've read one single series to completion over the last 15ish years and that was enough fantasy for me.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
I posted in the HBO thread that I'm basically too old to read that stuff now and was promptly reminded that I post on GAF. :lol
I'll watch the show at least. We'll see how it goes with reading the books.

And yeah, I've read one single series to completion over the last 15ish years and that was enough fantasy for me.

Harry Potter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom