• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread PART TWO return of sex hair, ghosts, and ZAWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

zeroshiki said:
Especially since you're on the losing side!

Really, Anohana barely has mAcOdIn at this point while HanaIro is going strong.

AnoHana lovers love from between the cracks in the closet door, apparently.

mAcOdIn

icarus-daedelus said:
If, hypothetically speaking, one had stopped watching the show represented by their side 5 or 6 episodes ago, would this person be considered a defector?
I hope not! I haven't watched anything further than episode 3 outside of Denpa, Maria+Holic, Aria(but I'm done now) and Dog Days.

jman2050

Articalys said:
What is the best way to recover from a plot hole, anyway? Just lampshade the hell out of it and try to move onwards?

I think the "pretend it doesn't exist and move on" approach is the best. Trying to call attention to your own bad writing is a risky endeavor, as is seen by absolutely no one acknowledging Anohana's treatment of the plot hole as anything more than a bad joke.

Kemonozume 12

They're dropping like flies. Some important characters getting rather gruesome deaths here. Wonder who else will fall. Hope the monkey doesn't die.

Will watch the final episode a little later.

trejo

icarus-daedelus said:
If, hypothetically speaking, one had stopped watching the show represented by their side 5 or 6 episodes ago, would this person be considered a defector?

Not really. Hell, you don't even need to have watched any of it. We just need your blind and unwavering loyalty, no questions asked. And perhaps a blood sample or two but other than that we're good.

zeroshiki said:
What happened you you, mac? You used to be cool.
Them old bones ain't what they used to be.

mAcOdIn

zeroshiki said:
What happened you you, mac? You used to be cool.
15 hour work days, coworker staying over at my apartment because his girl kicked him out, large backlog of stuff I have now on DVD and BR, and in AnoHana/HanaIro's case perhaps I don't want to see my initial choice proven wrong. :shrug:

zeroshiki

mAcOdIn said:
15 hour work days, coworker staying over at my apartment because his girl kicked him out, large backlog of stuff I have now on DVD and BR, and in AnoHana/HanaIro's case perhaps I don't want to see my initial choice proven wrong. :shrug:

1. Sick days
2. Kick him out
3. Do what I do, ignore them
4. HanaIro forever!

mAcOdIn

zeroshiki said:
1. Sick days
2. Kick him out
3. Do what I do, ignore them
4. HanaIro forever!
1. Fuck no, I like phat paychecks.
2. Gone as of Friday.
3. But my backlog is better stuff, Planetes, Scrapped Princess, Utena, Nausicaa, the Girl who Leapt Through Time.......
4. Never!
icarus-daedelus said:
But what if neither of them ultimately turns out to be any good?

HanaIro vs. AnoHana: Whoever wins, we lose.
It's personal now, I don't care 'bout advancing the art, state of the medium or anything like that anymore, I just need to be right.

mAcOdIn

zeroshiki said:
That's... a pretty awesome backlog. WTF why aren't you watching that?
Well it's kind of silly but, my vidcard was dying so I replaced it with a new one, this new one is super awesome but lacked component output so to hook it up to my TV I have to use HDMI, except the PS3 is also hooked up with HDMI and my old TV has only one HDMI input. I could move my TV and swap it every time I had some time to watch a show but my TV is 230 fucking pounds and after work which is lifting shit all day long I kinda just don't feel like it.

So that's lazy but not really silly. What makes it silly is my backlog is all stuff I actually own, I could walk over to the PS3 and just pop one of the discs in but then why did I make such a bad ass media center PC if I do that? Fuck that, won't do it.

So I'm probably in a holding pattern for anything I actually want to watch on my TV until I get a HDMI capable receiver, switch or find out a way to get a signal from my TV that isn't HDMI which is actually my most preferred method as having the audio go to the TV over HDMI from my PC sucks because of the way Windows does it. It doesn't merely clone the audio or whatnot, it seems that only one audio device can be the primary at a given time, so if I have XBMC running on my TV and move to my PC to do something my PC will get no sound and I'll have to switch to my speakers as the "primary sound device" in windows to get sound back but then no sound wants to come from my TV when I go back to XBMC. It's a big fucking pain in the ass.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Alright, I think I've had my fill of the gaming side after all the post-hype FUD from E3. I guess I'll wait a while before I try getting back to it. In the meantime I've started catching up.

Nichijou 9-10
Things are starting to get slightly more ridiculous as they go on, and I'm not complaining, this shit is hilarious, but the simple stuff like the Mosquito bit and Yuuko contemplating what she wants to do with her life are classic with the over the top reactions and animations. Also, Mio is STONE COLD. Srsly.

Nano and The Professor are still best characters. Sakamoto doesn't add as much as I'd like, but he's not bringing down the set at least.

Will be back when I finish episode 11 and catch up with Denpa and the most recent episode of Aria (saving the best for last :3).

Uchip

Banned
doomed1 said:
Alright, I think I've had my fill of the gaming side after all the post-hype FUD from E3. I guess I'll wait a while before I try getting back to it. In the meantime I've started catching up.

Nichijou 9-10
Things are starting to get slightly more ridiculous as they go on, and I'm not complaining, this shit is hilarious, but the simple stuff like the Mosquito bit and Yuuko contemplating what she wants to do with her life are classic with the over the top reactions and animations. Also, Mio is STONE COLD. Srsly.

Nano and The Professor are still best characters. Sakamoto doesn't add as much as I'd like, but he's not bringing down the set at least.

Will be back when I finish episode 11 and catch up with Denpa and the most recent episode of Aria (saving the best for last :3).

I dont even D:

zeroshiki

It's like a bat signal comes out for jman whenever someone mentions K-On!

Its a good show, guys. I can't really see why it could be considered bad other than poor taste.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Uchip said:
I dont even D:
x02I8.png

Enough of you >:|

jman2050

zeroshiki said:
It's like a bat signal comes out for jman whenever someone mentions K-On!

Its a good show, guys. I can't really see why it could be considered bad other than poor taste.

boring things are boring

Jex

icarus-daedelus said:
I don't technically think so.

mAcOdIn

icarus-daedelus said:
Ahead of the times. I'm already building the crazy fort for TEAM PENGUIN. All hail the glorious penguin drum revolution!
Please tell me it's made from couch cushions, if so I want in.

Jex

Aigis said:
Wandering Son only ended up good because of the excellent source material.
If only that were true, anime->manga adaptations would be of a much higher quality in general.

zeroshiki

icarus-daedelus said:
Ahead of the times. I'm already building the crazy fort for TEAM PENGUIN. All hail the glorious penguin drum revolution!

Oh, thank goodness. Because I was sort of worrying that some of the more dedicated members would flay me such a person alive for defection.

Oh don't worry. Defectors will be cut down.

Just ask Ohana over here:

vlcsnap-2011-04-16-14h29m44s35.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:
I'm looking past Summer to Fall.

We have:

Guilty Crown
Gundam Age
Shana 3

Will be the most trainwrecky season ever.
Tamayura will save us... unless it's 2012.

Oh yes, October 2011!

Gvaz

Banned
zeroshiki said:

We have:

Guilty Crown
Gundam Age
Shana 3

There's a third shakugan no shana coming out?

I guess I'm gonna have to finish that second season then. Shana owns.

zeroshiki

I declare membership into Team Penguin (over Team Bunny) and Team Death Geass for the next 2 seasons.

penpen.jpg

Lelouch-geass.jpg

If either of them fail, I'll just pretend I never said anything.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
zeroshiki said:

We have:

Guilty Crown
Gundam Age
Shana 3

Isn't Iroha 26 episodes?

Well... was till its getting canceled and replace half way through!

zeroshiki

shintoki said:
Isn't Iroha 26 episodes?

Well... was till its getting canceled and replace half way through!

It is 26! But we're talking new series here. My membership in the Galactic Ohana Empire is secure.

zeroshiki said:
I just watch them on my 15" PC monitor =/

I watch anime on a 52" Sony 1080p HDTV. :3
You don't really want me to describe the rest of my home theater setup. :33

Jexhius said:
There's always one. Occasionally two.

Their failure reflects badly on all of Animu-GAF as a whole. We must CUT THEM DOWN!
vlcsnap-2011-04-16-14h29m44s35.png

Sorry for re-using the image, but it's such a great one. :3

jman2050 said:
Team Denpa is liquidating after Spring season and exploring the cosmos during Summer.

You all by yourself does not constitute a "team."

zeroshiki said:
It is 26! But we're talking new series here. My membership in the Galactic Ohana Empire is secure.

The official name for us currently is Team Waifu. And yeah, it's 26 episodes. Is there going to be a break between the 2 cours, or will the show air continuously for all 26 eps?

mAcOdIn

icarus-daedelus said:
Couch cushions bound together by my hopes and dreams. MacGuyver would be proud.

Pretty structurally unsound and prone to being crushed, however.
God yes, you just sold me. Either we do great and win the war or I spend my last moments twisted up like a pretzel with a bunch of other nerds before being crushed to death, either way I'm in.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
7Th said:
You mean "directs".

The funny part about this is that I was actually going to edit in the quotes, I was too late for a stealth edit though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom