• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread PART TWO return of sex hair, ghosts, and ZAWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
duckroll said:
From that 15-second commercial.. definitely looks like a ikuhara show lol.

icarus-daedelus said:
With that mindset you might as well never bother with anime in the first place. :p
Anime by it's nature is always going be inconsistent in terms of direction, the best it can hope for is they can keep the writing consistent, and a lot of shows can't even manage that.:3

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
From the Zelda thread.

tumblr_lk88dvB1SU1qi3fol.png

Jex

Lafiel said:
Anime by it's nature is always going be inconsistent in terms of direction, the best it can hope for is they can keep the writing consistent, and a lot of shows can't even manage that.:3
For long running anime shows thats something you can't really keep consistent either! Unless you're LOGH.

The most you can really hope for is that you keep liking it.

Cwarrior

Jexhius said:
Steins;Gate 11

This is still Steins;Gate. There's like a backing plot, there's Okarin's harem (that someone is making a dating game spin-off makes perfect sense too me) and there's some amusing dialogue. The director still doesn't know how to make an episode.

With the girl to guy ratio, I was worried at first that it would turn into a full on harem tossing the plot aside, lucky that not the case.

Defuser said:
Live action Arakawa under then bridge....wtf is this shit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh4uLasfd8g&feature=player_embedded

Yonda

Dat kappa needs to be gif-ed

Erigu

Ano-Hana 10

Well, that was a lot better.
Don't think they can make up for the previous issues, but I'm still somewhat looking forward to the last episode.

Ezalc

What in the fuck is that?

Anyways, what are some anime with awesome bromances? Besides Tiger&Bunny and TTGL, are there any other ones?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
AnoHana 10 - it's shocking how much of a cipher these characters are. They basically just go around saying they love each other because the show didn't figure out a decent way to show why they would even be attracted to each other in the first place. This show would have worked much better if it was just Jintan, Menma and Poppo. Excise all the love pentagon nonsense and focus on the psychological and they might have had a decent Welcome to the NHK clone about a NEET trying to get back into the real world instead of the average jdrama angsty mess the show turned out to be.

That's not to say the intertwined friendship love pentagon can't work - it was what Honey and Clover did I suppose - but they totally faceplanted on this one.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Uchip said:
no
just keep playing LoL
every game is better than anime

This is one of the reason I stopped watching anime.. not enough time after playing LoL. =/

Till last night 2 games with lots of random retards break me, now I want to watch anime.

Steroyd said:
There's a heated war debate between Team Hana Iro and its detractors although that's more to do with what people expected the show to be (i.e the difference between slice of life and drama) it's worth a shot, Ano Hana however has been fed to the wolves, team Ano Hana has disbandoned to give a hint of what happened, lets just say the ghost rules got stupid and then the stupidness gets amplified further to popcorn worthy, although that's not the only reason.

Okay, most be really really bad then, not even team Infinite Stratos disband.

Zalasta said:
Watch it and form your own opinions? You will never get a consensus here, that's why there is a big debate going on.

How many anime actually started strong and finished well? I've learned long ago that most series can and will never fully realize their potential, yet it seems that people continue to hype their expectation only to set themselves up for disappointment.

It is kind of easy to get a review of an anime here, whenever you asked for opinion in this thread, eventually someone will trash the anime, and the defense force will inevitably arrive to defend the anime. If the people in the defense force have similar anime taste as I do, then most likely I will enjoy the anime.

A lot of anime ended great, like Scrape Princess, Madoka, Shiki, etc....

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
AnoHana 10 - it's shocking how much of a cipher these characters are. They basically just go around saying they love each other because the show didn't figure out a decent way to show why they would even be attracted to each other in the first place. This show would have worked much better if it was just Jintan, Menma and Poppo. Excise all the love pentagon nonsense and focus on the psychological and they might have had a decent Welcome to the NHK clone about a NEET trying to get back into the real world instead of the average jdrama angsty mess the show turned out to be.

That's not to say the intertwined friendship love pentagon can't work - it was what Honey and Clover did I suppose - but they totally faceplanted on this one.

No Anaru, no sale.

Also, if this were a jdrama, it'd be the highest rated show of the season!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
kiunchbb said:
Okay, most be really really bad then, not even team Infinite Stratos disband.
There is no Team IS!

zeroshiki said:
No Anaru, no sale.

Also, if this were a jdrama, it'd be the highest rated show of the season!
That's true. But mostly because it'd have a real audience. :p

Cwarrior

Ano Hana 10

Everyone's a loser in this love triangle, only winner is poppo for not taking part in it.

Show knows my weakness am sucker for transition into good ending song.

Cross dresser boy get even more creepy
by talking to a wig, while stroking it and calling it mema

Sket Dance 11

The first cliffhanger! Will the Sket-dan be able to overcome the Student Council in a wacky Japanese game show? I wait with bated breath.

The Student Council president has an awesome laugh, by the way.

Articalys

AnoHana 10
iohaisdgfiugasdifugasdif
I've never wanted a show to end so badly out of pure pity for how much of a wreck it was, but there's a first time for everything I guess.

Denpa 10
Eh. Nothing good, nothing bad, but what was that deluge of water supposed to be?

And wow, I didn't realize Sket Dance was already at the first major arc! Can't wait for the final battle at the end of it.

zeroshiki said:
True since all of animegaf is Team IS by default. Just ask Hito.

Most of us have never seen it and also aren't planning to. So this default teaming is entirely inconceivable.

Jdrama ratings make anime ratings look like a joke.

My parents have taken to watching these awful, awful K-dramas. They make even the worst anime look like storytelling genius by comparison.

zeroshiki

Unknown Soldier said:
Most of us have never seen it and also aren't planning to. So this default teaming is entirely inconceivable.

You. Will. Give. In.

Team Stratos 4 lyf

My parents have taken to watching these awful, awful K-dramas. They make even the worst anime look like storytelling genius by comparison.

They have all these pretty boys and contrived plots. Winning formula if I ever saw one.

Branduil

Colorful

Bros before hos. Or is it?

Felt like something was missing.
Not sure just eating her food is enough of an apology to his mom.

Dynedom

Ano Hana 10

I wish I wasn't such an emotional prick. I know I'm going to cry rivers next week. :(

Unless the ending turns out to be unintentionally hilarious...

zeroshiki said:
You. Will. Give. In.

Team Stratos 4 lyf

So the Wikipedia summary makes IS sound like a mecha harem anime. Um, wow. How about no.

They have all these pretty boys and contrived plots. Winning formula if I ever saw one.

Certainly seems so, the Koreans LOVE that shit. LOVE IT. They love it they way they love grinding in MMOGs.

Jex

Ano Hana 10

Ever since the first episode I wondered when or if they'd prove Menma's existence to her friends by having her physically interact with something. Then, earlier in the series
when they finally did it
my next major concern was: when would they do the same thing for
Menma's family?. Surely they have a right to know as well?
I assumed they'd get around to it at some point but...I guess not. These kids are a bunch of assholes!

Also, these characters are really thin at this late point in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom