• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread PART TWO return of sex hair, ghosts, and ZAWA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drank some sake out of my Azunyan teacup today. The teacup is actually just the right size to be a wineglass, so I've started using it for both. I don't drink tea as much as I should, because you know it's like healthy and shit, but it works well for wine and sake.

zeroshiki said:
If they break out into a rendition of Don't Say Lazy or something, THAT would give jman a heart attack.

You should email the creators and tell them that. Tell them that is IMPERATIVE they have an episode that is a K-ON parody. You can even tell them why, I'm sure they would do it if they knew the reason just for the lulz!

In unrelated news, Scandal are the real-life Ho-kago Tea Time. They are an actual JP girl rock band who actually did meet each other and form while in high school. Today they are doing stuff like this:
Shoko Nakagawa x Scandal - Don't Say Lazy (Animax Musix Fall 2010)

Uchip

Banned
Unknown Soldier said:
I drank some sake out of my Azunyan teacup today. The teacup is actually just the right size to be a wineglass, so I've started using it for both. I don't drink tea as much as I should, because you know it's like healthy and shit, but it works well for wine and sake.

You should email the creators and tell them that. Tell them that is IMPERATIVE they have an episode that is a K-ON parody. You can even tell them why, I'm sure they would do it if they knew the reason just for the lulz!

In unrelated news, Scandal are the real-life Ho-kago Tea Time. They are an actual JP girl rock band who actually did meet each other and form while in high school. Today they are doing stuff like this:
Shoko Nakagawa x Scandal - Don't Say Lazy (Animax Musix Fall 2010)

damn
looks like my phoenix wright video was more accurate than i thought

trejo

cosmicblizzard said:
Denpa 10

Why do I get the feeling this is headed toward a School Days ending?
What gave you that idea? I'd wager Hanairo has a bigger chance of going down that route than this. Having said that, neither of them strike me as true Nice Boat material.

trejo said:
What gave you that idea? I'd wager Hanairo has a bigger chance of going down that route than this. Having said that, neither of them strike me as true Nice Boat material.

It's just the mysteries surrounding Erio's disappearance and now this new "alien" loli make me think there's something seriously wrong with this town and some kind of conspiracy is going on.

Steroyd

Ano Hana 10

Just put me out of my misery already, all these characters are weightless their traumas are weightless, even moreso when everything is supposed to come to a head now. The nokemon episode was a good direction in developing the relationship Jintan and Anaru used to have in the past, if there was more of that for everyone else than throwaway mini arcs (finally gone back to school LAWL) then episodes like this wouldn't induce irritation where it's supposed to be emotional.

And goddamnit I was on the verge of calling him Yukiatsu after so long, he's got his tag back and upgraded to to creepy etheral raper dude... and Jintan is no better... ugh.

Infact I just spawned the thought that these kids were about 6-7 when these love triangles were formed smh.

Erigu

Steroyd said:
Ano Hana 10
Just put me out of my misery already, all these characters are weightless their traumas are weightless, even moreso when everything is supposed to come to a head now.
Eeeh, I'm just glad I could make sense of what the show was doing, this week. The last minutes in particular were a far cry from those of last week's episode.

Steroyd

Mockingbird said:
There's only one ep of ano hana left? There should be a a good 7 mins devoted to life after ghost-menma at least.

I don't think they've developed the characters enough to stretch it that long but I can envision a montage for a couple of minutes at best.

7Th

Halycon said:
Has nothing on Kamitani.

Don't worry about it, the main character's breasts are going to get bigger with each battle she wins! She will have a Sorceress-level chest soon enough!

Aigis said:
So how good/bad is Soul Eater?

It's great but has a shitty ending because they ran out of manga to adapt.

Of course me telling you probably doesn't mean much since I have the highest shounen haato level here. Watch Yu Yu Hakusho first.

Risette

A Good Citizen
cosmicblizzard said:
It's great but has a shitty ending because they ran out of manga to adapt.

Of course me telling you probably doesn't mean much since I have the highest shounen haato level here. Watch Yu Yu Hakusho first.
If anything I trust your opinion on shows like this!

I'm tempted on the Blu-rays at $35.99 (on sale at Amazon and ends soon) per half of the series. Worth it?

Aigis said:
So how good/bad is Soul Eater?

If one doesnt read the manga first, then the first 30 or so episodes are amazing. For manga readers and anime only people, the last quarter of the show left much to be desired, oh well, I thought it had great animation and music (psychedelic soul jam) to warrant a purchase on blu-ray after waiting 2 years, and the action and such is pretty hot for the entire show.

Aigis said:
If anything I trust your opinion on shows like this!

I'm tempted on the Blu-rays at $35.99 (on sale at Amazon and ends soon) per half of the series. Worth it?

Hmmm. Might be worth it to see it on blu-ray for the animation alone, at least in the earlier episodes. Don't want to lead you into buying something you don't like though, so I'm not sure. At that price, buyer's remorse is bound to come up if you aren't a fan.

Maybe watch some clips/trailers on youtube first to see if you'd be interested at all.

Edit: It is a really good deal for half the series though.

Cwarrior

xmen 6

huh its like someone read my complaints about it abusing the boring theme and order something exciting fitting of a great action scene.

show just fliped on me and became great

iavi

God, my Fummofu DVDs look like hot shit. Artifacts. Blurring. Anything else negative that you can think of.

It's the ADV boxset. Just stay away for your own good.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Miri said:
God, my Fummofu DVDs look like hot shit. Artifacts. Blurring. Anything else negative that you can think of.

Yeah, Fumoffu on DVD is really bad. Did you just buy them?

BluWacky

Obsidian said:
Any good seinen series this year?

There's more Kaiji, if you liked the first series. And the currently running Hyougemono is reportedly quite good (or at least offbeat).

Madoka Magica is only technically seinen in that its manga adaptations run in seinen magazines, but I suspect it's more a tonal thing you're looking for which Madoka isn't a good example of.

Jex

Kaiji Season 2 musings

It's kind of interesting how, in the most recent arc of this show (spoilers for the latest arc)
Kaiji has had the opportunity to witness himself from the outside. There's clearly been a role reversal where Kotaro Sakazaki has clearly fallen on hard times, devised a scheme and recruited the help of an outsider to pull it off. This is, of course, what Kaiji is known for doing. In the most recent episode Kotaro even made a classic Kaiji mistake by getting far too engrossed in his gamble and not knowing when to get up and leave.

It's not like this is an especially complicated comparison, the parallels between the characters are far too clear, but I still think they executed on this device in a fairly neat way.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I just watched the first two episodes of Soul Eater on Netflix. Show itself isn't too interesting, but the characters really make it fun to watch. Will probably buy.

duckroll

sugfQ.jpg

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Miri said:

Does anyone know if the Blu-Ray fixes these problems?

Risette

A Good Citizen
RurouniZel said:
Does anyone know if the Blu-Ray fixes these problems?
Yes. It does. The Blu-rays are the best the show is going to look, so if you want to own a version of it that would probably be it!

Just bought Soul Eater. Should be here tomorrow.

Articalys

duckroll said:
http://i.imgur.com/sugfQ.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Still finding it difficult to accept that the blue/purple-ish hair colored character is a guy. Those eyelashes...

Is that from the official site or something?

Kaper

Ano Hana 9, 10

It's really too bad this show train wrecked so hard, but at least creepy crossdressing raper boy is doing his job. 11 episodes really hurts this show, but we're probably better off this way, lol.

C 10

This is a series I would like to see more episodes. I like the plot, but because of time constraints it's rushing through everything, and I feel somewhat detached from the show because there are so many things I don't quite understand about the financial district, assets, and the battle system.

The funny thing about these two shows is one was on the road to a good finale, but bombed, and the other started off slow and bad, but has been gaining momentum since. Here's hoping C doesn't blow it.

Instro

Denpa 10
Astronaut-tan is so cool. I think my favorite part of this episode was Maekawa's new costume. I like all the characters in this show to be honest, each one has some pretty odd quirks, which makes it pretty fun to watch.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Articalys said:
Still finding it difficult to accept that the blue/purple-ish hair colored character is a guy. Those eyelashes...

Is that from the official site or something?
Really? Damnit... Fucking Japan... Then again, I'd probably believe you if you said the guy with red hair below was a chick and that the long haired one was a dude...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom