• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
BONES really is the king of making OPs. They almost always nail it. You could literally make a thread debating which OP is the greatest from them and you would have at least half a dozen different answers with well thought out arguments.

I mean just look at this.

Eusis

Wolf Children

Had it sitting around for a few months, finally watched it! I liked it a lot, I think I'd rank it second among Mamoru Hosoda's movies, with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time at first and Summer Wars behind it.

cajunator

Banned
Wolf Children

Had it sitting around for a few months, finally watched it! I liked it a lot, I think I'd rank it second among Mamoru Hosoda's movies, with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time at first and Summer Wars behind it.

Yeah I would honestly rank Wolf Children at the top of the Hosodaheap.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'm almost done with my admittedly foolish mission. Since Nisekoi ended I tried to plug the gap by catching up with other currently running Anime. I'm one away from be up-to-date with No Game No Life(EP6 is o_o) along with The Irregular at Magic High School(That EP3 Scene...), all within 24 hours. Needless to say, that gap is not filled. Maybe I should give HanaKawai Complex a shot tomorrow. I think my currently running show count is (w/o Niseko)... eight? Dear god. A TV least I'm enjoying myself. Saving them all for one day makes Saturday Mornings fun.

Eusis

Yeah I would honestly rank Wolf Children at the top of the Hosodaheap.
Maybe I just have a soft spot for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time for some reason (a sucker for sci-fi stuff? Or maybe the setting and characters) but Wolf Children's definitely closer to it than Summer Wars.

Jex

Wolf Children

I still prefer One Piece Movie 7.

Eusis

I still prefer One Piece Movie 7.
Wait what

... Ok, after some Googling through the director rather than the listed movie I see he did One Piece Movie 6 instead. Ok, another reason to get around to One Piece someday (and if it's actually a movie adapation worth giving a damn about one way or another.)

EDIT: Oh yes of course you correct yourself ONE MINUTE before I post well whatever into the backlog it goes.

Jex

Wait what

... Ok, after some Googling through the director rather than the listed movie I see he did One Piece Movie 6 instead. Ok, another reason to get around to One Piece someday (and if it's actually a movie adapation worth giving a damn about one way or another.)

You don't need to see One Piece at all, just watch the movie. Nearly all shounen movies aren't connected to the overall storyline so you can watch them without knowledge of the rest of the show.

Eusis

You don't need to see One Piece at all, just watch the movie. Nearly all shounen movies aren't connected to the overall storyline so you can watch them without knowledge of the rest of the show.
Well, I do want to watch it after I read through the manga. No way would I want to actually WATCH the anime to that point, any filler references that could actually come up I'll just have to deal with not understanding.

Jex

[Chaika] - 6

This is truly the Sophie's Choice of anime, which loli will our main character chose to be with? Truly nail biting stuff.

Wait what

EDIT: Oh yes of course you correct yourself ONE MINUTE before I post well whatever into the backlog it goes.

Omatsuri Danshaku to Himitsu no Shima has the good taste of being free of the lovey-dopey teen romance of Summer Wars and Tokikake, too. And the final confrontation against the baron has, maybe, what could be seen as more than hints of Hosoda's work on Shoujo Kakumei Utena.

I'm convinced that Hosoda taste for realism works best in semi-realist settings, for contrast.

It's that time again!

Code:
cajunator	1,484
Admiral Woofington	925
Narag	649
MetroidPrimeRib	539
firehawk12	445
Theonik	442
R_thanatos	434
AquaWateria	400
PshycoNinja	370
Articalys	361

Yay for me and all of us I guess.

How did I get in the top ten again? I was so careful these last few weeks!

You do post quite a lot.

Really? I thought the past few weeks I've been quite absent.

Gotta stop with the Clannad man

My love of Clannad will never waver.

Surely. No one should sully the name of that sweetheart.

Right? How can you not love Onodera compared to the ape that is Chitoge?
------------------------------------------

Also @Linkman

The things I am willing to do to get people to watch Clannad and After Story...

I'll do it. I will sign up later today. Just want to read all the rules and process before I do it.

jgminto

Haikyuu!! 9

Wow, he was able to resolve an entire inner turmoil before the ball even landed, that's either some really fast mental ability or they fill their balls with helium.

Jintor

One day I'll watch idolmaster and find out what all the fuss is about

does that producer ever fall off a cliff and not be the main character because he is boringggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Chariot

Yeah, but lets get real.

Onodera > Marika > Tsugumi > Chitoge > the other crap.
I dislike Chitoge, but the other two additions to the harem are ridiculous. But them aside, thanks to J.C. Staff and Rie Kugumya I can't stand most tsundere types anymore. So annoying, so irritating.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, but lets get real.

I dislike Chitoge, but the other two additions to the harem are ridiculous. But them aside, thanks to J.C. Staff and Rie Kugumya I can't stand most tsundere types anymore. So annoying, so irritating.

Shana killed tsunderes for me for a long time. So awful.

duckroll

Haikyu - Episode 9

That was one longass 3-5 second interval. Lol. I guess the flip side of being a standard shonen is that you get moments like this where time is extended indefinitely for internal monologues, flashbacks, and emotional turmoil. At least he finally got that shit out of his system. Now with Cyclops back on the team and Xavier leading them, hope the next practice match is extra awesome. :D

Thoraxes

Yeah, but lets get real.

I'm disappointed in both of you for all your statements in these quoted posts.

Yeah, but lets get real.

Truth bombs being dropped all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom