• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
More lame bizon coming 2014 fall
YVAWQUe.jpg

/XX/

C3 Bu was one of the most absolutely abominable things I've ever had the misfortune of watching in its entirety.
That is the reason why we have all that speculative references and parallelisms spawned from the desire of wanting to like something, to pursue an artificial enrichment of the watching experience:

Stella C3: The Line - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_6LvKWy5vo

http://boards.4chan.org/a/thread/93132557/#p93133417 said:

Things are always as entertaining as we (with the help of our imagination) make them be. :p

fertygo

Haikyuu - 09
I still enjoy this greatly, despite being homeless man Oofuri but they need to fix the pacing, looking to the manga chapter look like this eps end up at chapter 21, that means the show adapted around 2,5 chapter on average.. that feel a bit less ideal for weekly manga adaptation. 3-4 chapter per eps is more favorable IMO.

Ace of Diamond - 34

Now this is the real deal

jdg3vBm.jpg

Talking about X-Men, we got the Cyclops

Miyuki is effing awesome at this eps, dat catch.. btw I started to pissed off with the bunting, pretty sure Seidou miss out full loaded home-run there because mothafucking #2 batter doing sacrifice bunting at first inning, I can understand the past usage because that Japanese's Little Ball mentality and all that, but jebus.. oh well.

Midonin

Brynhildr 09

The hot springs scene was alright, and the rest of the episode was in this weird zone between melancholy and some kind of lightheartedness. Nanami wasn't as murderous as several of the other witches - though I do have to wonder what became of that guy who got his memory zapped back to time he was five. It's the only anime I can think of for a long time that had a girl selling herself for money, though no touching happened and she was doing it to get money for sweets. This show is strange. At the very least, the only two shows I watch today have the consistent theme of memories.

Sailor Moon 01

And here we go.

I remember watching this back in the mid-90's with Swedish dub. So, about 17-18 years since I saw this, but I think I actually saw at least parts of this episode. I remember the energy stealing jewels thing and Annie Usagi throwing the test at
that guy who is Tuxedo Mask
. Uh... Should I even bother spoiler tagging stuff? :p

/XX/

Kill la Kill - 07

Another fun breather episode. Mako and her family really shine in this one (they can also spindash, apparently). I was hoping that we'd see a resolution with what happened in the last episode but this more than makes up for it. Should also mention now that I'm absolutely shit at remembering most characters' names due to their length/complexity.

Have I mentioned how good the soundtrack of is, too? I remember people bashing the composer, but I think it's really good.

I wasn't interested in Needless until now.
C3 Bu was one of the most absolutely abominable things I've ever had the misfortune of watching in its entirety.
The worst show with Miyukichi in it in a year with Devil Survivor 2 and Photo Kano.

At least Rozen Maiden and Yozakura Quartet balanced it out.
Wait, there's actually more C3-bu coming? Didn't that sell terribly on Blu-Ray in Japan?
Like 125~ copies or something. I always liked madp's proposal to switch sales units from Fractales to Stellas.

/XX/

I prefer my downplaying of the show but thanks for the actual numbers!
I realized now that the link I provided is dead as Mania.com forums are right now down for maintenance, so thanks to you for trusting the numbers. :)

Is Mania's forum even working? I've been getting a maintenance page for the past few months.
I had the link saved for a while and didn't check again until I posted it now, sorry.

Jarmel

Banned
I realized now that the link I provided is dead as Mania.com forums are right now down for maintenance, so thanks to you for trusting the numbers. :)

I had the link saved for a while and didn't check again until I posted it now, sorry.

Nah it's fine. It's just been down like that for the longest time, I wonder if the Mania staff killed off the forum permanently.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This thread title is awful. Who approved this?
I honestly didn't read it before now. What does it even mean? This thread is as likely as a second series of Hyouka? So since this thread's existence is certain then a second series of Hyouka is also certain?

Sailor Moon 02

Those female teachers in anime always worrying about marriage.

Compared to the Swedish dub everybody sound much younger here. The music is the same as far as I can remember though. They changed it in the US version?

Link Man

Banned
Kawai Complex Guide 9

Mayumi is amazing.

iDsCAmxYm6VY9.jpg

Who would have guessed that an outdoor patio could look so much like a suspended bridge?

This show is so good, I might have to get the bluray when it's released here (next year?).

Kyuur

I know this is an OP discussion, but ED3 was the best thing to come out of Soul Eater audiovisually overall.

I am a bit late on this, but hell yeah man. This ending gets my blood pumping every time. Damn cool.

I am enjoying Haikyuu quite a bit, and a bit surprised at all the people going "Booooring! Slooooow!". Pacing feels fine to me. Admittedly this and Baby Steps are my first sports animes. Any recommendations on what I could watch (Haikyuu >>>>>>> Baby Steps for me, although it's still not bad)?

Midonin

One Week Friends 09

The warning signs were clear. The episode was going smoothly. Almost too smoothly. Which is why that guy,
the one who Kaori was going to see before she got int the accident
, showed up at the very end and once again raised the stakes a bit. It was a cute episode for the most part, with Saki's forgetfulness resulting in a heartwarming moment, and while that "not what it looks like" scenario has been seen many times before, the relationship between these two is moving forward a bit. Until the end of the episode.

Sailor Moon 03

Sailor Moon gets a new item and meets face to face with the leader of the bad guys for the first time.

One thing I had completely forgotten about was the ED song. I remember the OP, but this one slipped my mind for some reason. I really liked it back then and still do now.

I liked the little story in the ED too. Guess I was a big softie even back then :p

- Every scene with Kirei and Archer talking are fucking boring. Like I didn't realize how boring they were until I watched it dubbed and didn't have to distract myself reading and just focused on what was happening on screen. Which was very little. Holy shit.

What? The Kirei and Archer dialogue scenes are some of the best scenes in the whole show. Like I would have just watched an entire series of them sitting around that basement. Kirei's arc is pretty much what drives the entire series.

What is the best shounen opening song of all time?

There are a lot of great choices.

Does Digimon count as a shounen series? If so, then I'd probably have to go with The Biggest Dreamer from Digimon Tamers.

Some other great and memorable ones for me (many of these are also sentimental favorites from certain times in my life):
Truth from Detective Conan
Butterfly from Digimon Adventure
Paper Moon from Soul Eater
Dang Dang from Eyeshield 21
Seishun Kyosokyoku from Naruto
Believe from One Piece
We Are from One Piece
Share the World from One Piece
Driving Myself from Prince of Tennis
Ready Steady Go from Fullmetal Alchemist
Ai wo torimodose from Fist of the North Star
Pegasus Fantasy from Saint Seiya
Giri Giri Chop from Detective Conan (that's right, I said it)
Under Star from Hajime no Ippo
Ohayou from Hunter x Hunter
Change the World from Inuyasha

I feel like I'm probably forgetting a lot of really good ones, too, but these are the ones that come to my mind the strongest right now.

Kill la Kill - 08

OK episode that gives Gamagoori of the Elite Four a neat backstory (I should have known he was a grown adult). Also think I may have found a flaw with this show that I may have just noticed: It's tone/narrative flow is a bit inconsistent. It raises the stakes at the end of one episode and makes me anticipate the resolution, only for a breather episode to show up. Even though I do like all the breather episodes, I'm just now starting to notice this pattern. It'd feel like it's starting to drag, but there's another Elite Four match next episode, with Satsuki finally willing to spill the beans on who killed Ryuko's dad, so here's hoping it goes somewhere.

Stardust Crusaders 9

Oh man the end of the fight was completely expected, but completely awesome none the less. Also poor puppy :(

Great episode again, honestly I think I could watch an infinite number of stand of the week battles there just a lot of fun

Miss Monochrome 10-12

That self-referencing humor.

And speaking of references. The arm-wrestling, boxing and wrestling characters are of course obvious, not sure I know who the weight lifting guy is supposed to be though?

Jex

Kill la Kill - 08

OK episode that gives Gamagoori of the Elite Four a neat backstory (I should have known he was a grown adult). Also think I may have found a flaw with this show that I may have just noticed: It's tone/narrative flow is a bit inconsistent. It raises the stakes at the end of one episode and makes me anticipate the resolution, only for a breather episode to show up. Even though I do like all the breather episodes, I'm just now starting to notice this pattern. It'd feel like it's starting to drag, but there's another Elite Four match next episode, with Satsuki finally willing to spill the beans on who killed Ryuko's dad, so here's hoping it goes somewhere.
Well done, you've noticed that the pacing of KLK's story is kind of wonky and meandering. I will say that it eventually picks up but he first half of the series really suffers from that lack of direction.

Mature

The best thing about this OP is that several of the scenes are from the DBZ movies, so you could watch the entire series waiting to recognize the clips and you'd never see them.
And I did just that.

Oh please.

If we're talking about ED's I will literally fight you if you don't post this song as the best shonen ED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McwljLS8sYc

Seriously I will. Raise those fists up.
100% correct. For some reason that ED is extremely nostalgic.

Speaking of OPs and RK, Freckles has to be pretty high up there. Even if just for that Iso cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom