• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Happy Birthday KirbYuuYuu!

===============================

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - 04

Best character arrives!

But where's the candy?

Here :
suiteprecure_candy.jpg

The best precure candy :p

===============================

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - 04

Best character arrives!

Fuck yeah he's here (but hoping they don't make it Polnareff's Bizarre Adventure

Oh you do mean KirbYaoi

Here :

H6mY9iQ.png

and

ao3nLFk.jpg

sums up my thoughts

Iggy ain't even here yet.

And Happy Birthday KirbYuuYuu

Yaaaay!

Actually, come to think of it, Iggy wasn't even in the OP.

Time to see how things go down

Hitsugi no chaika - 03

The "runaway" team is not doing that bad, chaika is not that bad and the borther , sister are kinda good... Chaika , you should learn to cook , seriously!

The "hunting" team doesn't have much luck but they seems to ask themselves the right questions, looking forward to see how this will conclude.

H6mY9iQ.png

and

ao3nLFk.jpg

sums up my thoughts

i couldn't resist !

cajunator

Banned
Here :

the only cuter mascot is Porun.

Only talking cat (Nyanko-sensei aside) that I care about is Neko-sensei.

I just realized both of my favorite talking cats are senseis.

a wise choice. Neko-sensei is unequaled.

Fuck yeah he's here (but hoping they don't make it Polnareff's Bizarre Adventure

H6mY9iQ.png

and

ao3nLFk.jpg

sums up my thoughts

Yaaaay!

Actually, come to think of it, Iggy wasn't even in the OP.

Time to see how things go down

Where did that unhappy Happy originally come from anyway?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Oh shit, I'm now KirbYuuYuu! ....And officially 23!

Happy birthday KirbYuuYuu!
23 y.o huh? You're officially older than most shonen character :p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jojo Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusader 4
Shit got real, and Joseph should never ride a plane again.

Link Man

Banned
Senyu 12

A cutesy tsundere in armor that pummels her friends to death. And I'm thinking that Rudolf would have died if he had been around for the beginning of the 3rd episode.

Senyu 13

The plot thickens! And the armor is...a mecha...piloted by the cute princess.

^_^

Happy birthday to KirbYuuYuu!
How do you feel old now?

Actually I felt pretty old through most of the day, but that was more build up on how I feel pretty slow. Tenumi fixed that though.

They're on part 3, not part 5.

a bit of a spoiler thar

Haha, I already have an idea of what to change my name to. I just need to find a good avatar to associate that name with and I'll be good.

And the sooner I do that the better.

As long as it makes you less of a target

Happy birthday KirbYuuYuu!
23 y.o huh? You're officially older than most shonen character :p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jojo Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusader 4
Shit got real, and Joseph should never ride a plane again.

You mean I wasn't last year?

Huzzah, day 365 of being an animegaf member

Midonin

Though the only episodes I've seen of Dear My Future for Pretty Rhythm are the premiere and 46 because of how All Star Selection works, I've determined that Mia's pretty likable. Rumi Ookubo's performance seems to be channeling an even more energetic Yuzuko.

sonicmj1

Mamoru Oshii is a great interview subject. I found this part from one of the Patlabor 2 interviews in the LE really interesting.

Mamoru Oshii said:
It has been 16 years since I began doing anime work, and the impression I have gotten in that time is that the anime fan's taste in movies is - to be blunt - extremely conservative. If people don't like the label 'conservative' another way to put it would be to say that the range of demand is narrow, since fans only welcome movies of a certain narrow type.

Well, a case could also be made that it is precisely the existence of this hardcore fan layer (and its specialized outlook on anime) that has made it possible for anime to find its place within the movie industry, as it has today. But, in truth, the situation is really problematic. I would hope that people would not forget that there are many ways to enjoy a movie, and a much greater range of film styles than what we are currently seeing on the screen...

There is little freedom in anime because if your anime does not conform to a certain pattern, the inevitable reaction is "Well, what the hell is this?" But such a response isn't painful only for the production side. It also represents a major loss for the audience. Considering the great amount of time, effort, and money expended to make a movie and the high ticket prices paid to see it, I think the audience would get more out of their viewing experience if they adopted a "We're ready for anything!" kind of attitude.

Instead, they are peeking out at anime through a narrow slit - like the window of a tank. No matter how you look at it, that's a real waste. I think it would be better instead to open the hatch wide, stick your head out, and take a good look all around...

The reason I personally make anime and movies is because I want to enjoy myself. I don't have any sense of being 'avant-garde.' It happens that the things which I think are interesting, are not very well accepted by the majority - but there's nothing to be gained by feeling sorry for myself. If I started whining, "No matter what I do, they don't understand me." I'd just end up hating the work. Worse, the range of projects available to me would narrow, and my opportunities to actually make movies would evaporate.

What I need to do is to find a 'methodology' that I can enjoy, and that also makes things as interesting as possible for everyone else involved.

With the way that TV anime has supplanted the movie as a representative of the art form, this only feels like it's become even more true, and that's a shame. I'm glad that projects that don't fit inside the box of the hardcore viewer still somehow get greenlit in this day and age.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mamoru Oshii is a great interview subject. I found this part from one of the Patlabor 2 interviews in the LE really interesting.

With the way that TV anime has supplanted the movie as a representative of the art form, this only feels like it's become even more true, and that's a shame. I'm glad that projects that don't fit inside the box of the hardcore viewer still somehow get greenlit in this day and age.
Da god.

cajunator

Banned
Rabbit Cafe 4

Not-Reika > Reika

Also we got a new character, who initially I was going to call Not-Yayoi, but now, I'm like.... I don't know.

Liked this episode tho!

cajunator

Banned
Akuma no Riddle 4

As I expected, seems like most of the assassins will be a step down compared to serial killer girl. This one was pretty damn dull.

Happy Birthday KirbyYuuYuu though I'm not sure if its technically still your birthday
Selector Infected WIXOSS 3
The card game still doesn't make sense. Akira is very much a bitch still. I wonder what changed in Tama when she evolved. The rest of the cast are idiots

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 12

Yukino is smiling. That's unsettling.

Anyway, Hachiman goes full batman this episode, and it's refreshing for someone to finally put the chairman in her place. And it looks like there's a possible romance blooming?

Oh, the next episode is an extra? So was this a TV end? If that's the case, it was pretty satisfying. Going to watch the next episode now, and looking forward to next season!

Now aren't you glad you stuck with it. ;P

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 04

Still liking all the visual cues for this. Poor protag.

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin 03

Really liking the adventure part of this. It's definitely getting interesting now.

Sekai Seifuku Bouryaku no Zvezda 11

Oh whatever.

Pocket Monsters X/Y 000

Showing everything I already seen before.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V 03

Everything about this episode was annoying. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom