• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday Kirb, if it isn't too late.

10:07PM still on time

Happy birthday Kirb...whatever

xaRfCQc.jpg

Theonik

Oh shit, I'm now KirbYuuYuu! ....And officially 23!
Congratulations on both counts!

Nah that would be me. Ill be 32 in May.
20 years older huh?

It's KirbYaoi's birthday?
*KirbYuuYuu

Why was this localized.
Because there is person at NIS that loves me.

Actual picture of me.
I see.

http://i.4cdn.org/v/1398493319396.webm

One more quality webbum for Demon Gaze.
Buying this.

Jex

Millennium Actress

As mentioned, there's actually a lot to this film that I'm still thinking about it and no doubt have missed lots that I could have mentioned. On that note though, of the different blogs that people maybe follow or know of, is there any interesting articles regarding Millennium Actress that you think are worth reading or taking a look at?

Unfortunately, no!

Happy Birthday KirbYuuYuu! Hope today has been as sweet as the magical girl hell that you talk about.

A delicious kind of hell for sure.

Congratulations on both counts!

20 years older huh?

*KirbYuuYuu

Because there is person at NIS that loves me.

I see.

Buying this.

Digging around some more, I kind of want to pick up Demon Gaze... but I might as well hope to see if GS actually has a copy when I go pick up Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Jex

Mamoru Oshii is a great interview subject. I found this part from one of the Patlabor 2 interviews in the LE really interesting.

With the way that TV anime has supplanted the movie as a representative of the art form, this only feels like it's become even more true, and that's a shame. I'm glad that projects that don't fit inside the box of the hardcore viewer still somehow get greenlit in this day and age.
Wisdom from the master.

fertygo

Watching Tales of Zestiria trailer, man Ryohei Kimura is on frigging everywhere.. he definitely hitting the stride of popularity lately.

Oh well I like him better than Yuki Kaji.

Nah that would be me. Ill be 32 in May.

Only 1 year older than me.

2 years older than me , huh ?

30 in june.

June here too.

BntuB9j.jpg

This is the single most terrifying image I've found online and why isn't it a horror movie? It's like the Shining. With moe.

This is no longer weird to me because:
Theres a K-ongaffer who likes those masks.

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? - 03

This show is so awesome. :lol

I just glanced at the screenshots on mobile and it really does remind me a lot of KinMoza. Will have to watch...

I'm a NEET but I Can Use Magic and my Sister Keeps Trying to Kill Me?

Sounds like it will end with incest...

20 years older huh?

Who is 12 and what is this?

Man you never realize just how ridiculous anime looks until it's in 3D and all the crazy fight scenes just look weird. Advent Children got around this issue, but this? No. It's the same with games like Kingdom Hearts. Also Saint Seiya will always be Caballeros Del Zodiaco for me.

Heck even Berserk films (for me) got around the issue of 3D by the third movie.

duckroll

I don't think it looks weird, just stupid. The CG animation is actually really good, but the problem is that in the end, it looks like they achieved the realism 3D aims for - the realism of looking like every other terrible HK/JP/KOR live action movie with ridiculous over the top fights padded with hilarious visual effects and stupid costumes.

Soriku

Hajime no Ippo episode 29 was cool. Sendo is the best rival so far and I liked seeing a serious spar with him and Takamura (especially since they're in different weight classes), who is also a badass character. Sendo was hyped up a bit but Takamura owned him easily.

Nordicus

Hajime no Ippo episode 29 was cool. Sendo is the best rival so far and I liked seeing a serious spar with him and Takamura (especially since they're in different weight classes), who is also a badass character. Sendo was hyped up a bit but Takamura owned him easily.
Sendo is cool and a nice secondary rival for Ippo after Miyata, but no matter how much you'd hype him up, no boxer can stand a chance against Takamura if they aren't at least World Champ level.

Thoraxes

O: I missed seeing all the messages while I was at work, but better late than never; Happy Birthday KirbYuuYuu!
When Elena Peoples is a character in your show, is there any doubt about the demographic you're trying to attract?

Well everyone loves Goddess Chiaki Omigawa.

Of course that makes Elena great.

Their demographic is the human race with her angelic voice involved in the project.

Caesnd

Mamoru Oshii is a great interview subject. I found this part from one of the Patlabor 2 interviews in the LE really interesting.

With the way that TV anime has supplanted the movie as a representative of the art form, this only feels like it's become even more true, and that's a shame. I'm glad that projects that don't fit inside the box of the hardcore viewer still somehow get greenlit in this day and age.

Anyone making anything for someone else will face this dilemma. Some don't deem the risk of conflict worth it and thus choose self preservation (many burning out while doing so ), whilst others willingly challenge norms and either make it big or just don't go anywhere.

The core of the problem is just that the audience don't have the same mindset as the creators, thus the constant clamour for sequels and reiterations, as opposed to new works that set new standards and abolish any preconceptions.

NeonZ

Keroro (Flash anime) - File 006

So, this was the first episode based on a manga story that wasn't animated by the original anime. It was actually a short 2 page chapter from right after Mutsumi's introduction in the manga. Due to how short the original chapter was, even with about 3 minutes, they actually added content to the anime version of the story. Anyway, it was surprisingly nice to get content animated for the first time, even though they added some scenes (each platoon member imagining an invasion type) just to reintroduce the characters.

Edit: Also, this short might be especially fun to people who disliked
Natsumi always winning in the original anime.

Jex

Anyone making anything for someone else will face this dilemma. Some don't deem the risk of conflict worth it and thus choose self preservation (many burning out while doing so ), whilst others willingly challenge norms and either make it big or just don't go anywhere.

The core of the problem is just that the audience don't have the same mindset as the creators, thus the constant clamour for sequels and reiterations, as opposed to new works that set new standards and abolish any preconceptions.

While this is true in all mediums I think anime faces more of an uphill battle because the range of what's considered "acceptable subject matter" for the medium is extremely limited compared to say books (obviously), or movies, or even video games. The preconceived notions of what 'anime' is are far stronger.

cajunator

Banned
O: I missed seeing all the messages while I was at work, but better late than never; Happy Birthday KirbYuuYuu!

Well everyone loves Goddess Chiaki Omigawa.

Of course that makes Elena great.

Their demographic is the human race with her angelic voice involved in the project.

You are absolutely correct BEAR!

How could you punch a panty-sniffing catgirl?!
I would too

This intrigues me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom