• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Nanananananananana - 05

My life's motto.

crunchyroll_201405081tiilg.jpg

fertygo

That was better than most fights involving the Build Knuckle.

Eh I think its one of weaker eps
I'm sure you're right and there are great episodes, I just can't bothered with to watch some sports anime because it has some great character interactions somewhere. The pay off over time investment seems too low and it's hard to care about the rest if it's just sports.
I have no problem for time investment if that building story that have more than 5 character that I actually can name lol

Short show, long one, episodic, movie.. I enjoy every kind of format as long its good.

Zeppeli

Banned
Officially eligible for full member status, aww yeah.

Gonna push through to finish the first half of Star Driver after the Habs game.

Selector Infected Wixross 6 and Nanana's Buried Treasure 5

1. Chaika - The Coffin Princess
2. Brynhildr in the Darkness
3. Selector Infected Wixoss (from 4!)
4. Nanana's Buried Treasure (from 2!)
5. Knights of Sidonia
6. One Week Friends
7. The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior
8. Black Bullet
9. The Irregular at Magic High School
10. No Game No Life
11. M3: The Dark Metal

I laugh at people who watch/read/experience any fiction. Good or bad ones they're all same shit done to death.

Fixed this one for you.
Nonsensical generalization is nonsensical.

I'm sure you're right and there are great episodes, I just can't be bothered with to watch some sports anime because it has some great character interactions somewhere. The pay off over time investment seems too low and it's hard to care about the rest if it's just sports.
Nothing you've said has gone beyond genre preferences and false assumptions.

Selector Infected Wixoss 6

I guess they kept Hitoe around for another episode. But I see little point except maybe to hammer home what happens when players lose 3 times, but that was demonstrated just fine in episode 5. Just have her commit suicide already since it is pretty obvious that's what's going to happen.

Yuzuki's story is an odd one. She's been avoiding her brother for 2 or 3 episodes now. Yet she gets accused of stalking her brother? And how do you even get accused of stalking your brother? You live with them... and it wouldn't be odd for twins to hang out together often.

Iona is clearly going to be one of the primary antagonists. I hope her wish is shown soon.

How many episodes is this thing? 1 cour? or 2 cour?

survivor

Banned
Selector Infected Wixoss 6

I guess they kept Hitoe around for another episode. But I see little point except maybe to hammer home what happens when players lose 3 times, but that was demonstrated just fine in episode 5. Just have her commit suicide already since it is pretty obvious that's what's going to happen.

Yuzuki's story is an odd one. She's been avoiding her brother for 2 or 3 episodes now. Yet she gets accused of stalking her brother? And how do you even get accused of stalking your brother? You live with them... and it wouldn't be odd for twins to hang out together often.

Iona is clearly going to be one of the primary antagonists. I hope her wish is shown soon.

How many episodes is this thing? 1 cour? or 2 cour?
2 cours

Articalys

Nanana ep.5

Kind of a breather episode. Tensai still best.
Nanana is probably one of the cleanliest, neatest NEETs (no pun intended) that I can recall in anime. Even if her circumstances aren't her fault. But she is still wasteful of electricity.

Joe Molotov

HappinessCharge Precure 06 & 07

leXHZtu.jpg

This was a cute little "arc". Even though the two episodes weren't explicitly connected, you had the first episode where Hime takes Ribbon's cooking for granted, then learns from YuuYuu that cooking = love (and is hard work), and apologizes to Ribbon for being so bitchy. Then in the next episode, Hime decides to bake a cake for Megumi to show how much she cared about her, and to prove that she can cook too and isn't just useless.

Articalys

Gochiusa ep.5

Much, much stronger than last week. Great episode, wonderful mix of comedy and heartwarming. Easily rockets this back up into my top tier of shows for the season.

Also a fantastic endcard this episode too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
People talking shit about G GUNDAM sm-fucking-h.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If I could take just a moment to discuss what kind of show selector infected WIXOSS truly is:

5HkWM9sl.png

MARI OKADA.

-----------------------------------------

All you need to know to understand the following is that Yuzuki wants to fuck her brother Kazuki. Desperately. Immediately preceeding the scene in the following webm, she peeks into his classroom, dejection spreading across her face at the mere sight of him casually associating with females that aren't her.

Then this happens:

http://a.pomf.se/rolrjs.webm

Now, we know that teenage girls bullying each other gets Mari Okada hard. It is something that, if the necessary elements to construct a scene exist in a show, she cannot resist doing. WIXOSS is the first Okada show, however, where the bullies might actually have a point. Of course, Yuzuki, as one of the protagonists, is framed entirely as a victim of people who just don't understand her. She storms off, holes up in a children's playground for the rest of the evening, and immediately tries to rationalize what just happened by going NO U:

I mean, seriously, just why can't anyone accept that she wants oniichan's D?

The best part comes after this, when, sitting atop a children's slide ruminating on the day's confrontation, she suddenly sees her brother walk past with a gaggle of friends, both female and male, in tow. The scene is interrupted by her encountering and defeating another WIXOSS player off-screen, but the moment that she finds herself alone again, she erupts into a full-blown tearful NTR freakout because WHY CAN'T KAZUKI JUST BE SATISFIED WITH ME?!?

HOW CAN HE POSSIBLY DO REGULAR TEENAGE THINGS WITH HIS FRIENDS WHEN HE HAS HIS SISTER WHO LOVES HIM AND CARES FOR HIM AND CRAVES HIS COCK MORE THAN HE COULD EVER KNOW?!?!?

I WILL DIE, I WILL SERIOUSLY DIE IF I DON'T FUCK MY ONII-CHAN.

Incest NTR tears. And we still have three-quarters of the show left.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
THE SCHOOL OF THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST
THE WINDS OF THE KING
ZENSHIN
KEIRESTU
TEMPAI KYORAN
LOOK! THE EAST IS BURNING RED!

e8daa4eeaac829f57e58fea01dedbc74.gif

If I could take just a moment to discuss what kind of show selector infected WIXOSS truly is:

5HkWM9sl.png

MARI OKADA.

-----------------------------------------

All you need to know to understand the following is that Yuzuki wants to fuck her brother Kazuki. Desperately.

HOW CAN HE POSSIBLY DO REGULAR TEENAGE THINGS WITH HIS FRIENDS WHEN HE HAS HIS SISTER WHO LOVES HIM AND CARES FOR HIM AND CRAVES HIS COCK MORE THAN HE COULD EVER KNOW?!?!?

I WILL DIE, I WILL SERIOUSLY DIE IF I DON'T FUCK MY ONII-CHAN.

Incest NTR tears. And we still have three-quarters of the show left.

You totally just sold me on this show. I'm in.

-Horizon-

Noragami 5-9

I just realized how many big name seiyuus are in this show.
I've been enjoying every episode so far.
but having Hiyori's body just lying around every time her spirit leaves makes me have bad thoughts. H, how you have corrupted me

Kieli

Jojo's Bizarre Adventures - 5

Man, I wish I didn't push this anime off. I don't even know why I stopped watching it as it aired; it was great!

It's the antithesis of all the moe stuff that gets churned out conveyor-belt style. Do they really sell that much? A lot of them are awful, generic, or both...

Jojo's Bizarre Adventures - 5

Man, I wish I didn't push this anime off. I don't even know why I stopped watching it as it aired; it was great!

It's the antithesis of all the moe stuff that gets churned out conveyor-belt style. Do they really sell that much? A lot of them are awful, generic, or both...

Polnareff is moe as hell what are you talking about.

Narag

I know this is supposed to be a joke picture, but sadly this is how I feel. Never mind the fact that I know there have always been fan-service anime and there will always be a steady stream of good stuff coming out. :/

I like the version where the top is all modern screenshots and the bottom is all old stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom