• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieli

I like the version where the top is all modern screenshots and the bottom is all old stuff.

:) I know you guys have probably heard this same tired stuff millions of times.

I'll quietly skedaddle.

Fake edit: By the way, I have nothing against them. I read my fair share of *ahem* interesting manga. It's just that I'm surprised they're profitable enough that studios keep making them (whatever "them" is).

:) I know you guys have probably heard this same tired stuff millions of times.

I'll quietly skedaddle.

Fake edit: By the way, I have nothing against them. I read my fair share of *ahem* interesting manga. It's just that I'm surprised they're profitable enough that studios keep making them (whatever "them" is).

Do you by chance mean super interesting

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Heartcatch Precure 8

Man, between Kumojacky and Cobraja, this show can get a bit :DTL at times. Also, I'm a bit surprised that
they're running through the supporting cast for Desertrian candidates so quickly
. I would have thought they'd have saved that for later in the show.

Zeppeli

Banned
300 posts / 3 months

You forgot to abuse spoiler tags

They're like pieces of candy. You tell them apart by the color and shape of their hair!

Constant posts about them make me kinda want to see the show if I can get what the big deal is.

Gummivenus.png

Articalys

Let me go through my watchlist for this season and see how I'd categorize them, keeping in mind of course that the borderline for "moe" is different for everyone:

Baby Steps -- not moe, but it has a cute female lead
Captain Earth -- not moe, but has cute female leads
Gochiusa -- totally moe. Probably the moe-est this season.
Haikyuu!! -- not moe (well, maybe Hinata is for some people)
Happiness Charge Precure -- moe, just like it's been for the last ten years, except when they're punching villains in the face
JoJo: Stardust Crusaders -- definitely not moe (fanworks be damned)
Love Live S2 -- sort of moe, but more just cute in general
Mekaku City Actors -- not really moe, but it is terribly confusing
Mushishi Zoku Shou -- not moe
Nanana -- not moe, but has cute female characters
Nisekoi -- not moe, but has cute female characters
No Game No Life -- sort of moe (except for Sora)
One Week Friends -- kind of moe, but more like warm fuzzy feelings in general, I guess
Ping Pong -- not moe

I think classifying an entire show as moe only really works for some of the cute-girls-doing-cute-things shows; otherwise, I wouldn't really call it moe but rather just a show that happens to have cute girls in it.

Zeppeli

Banned
Let me go through my watchlist for this season and see how I'd categorize them, keeping in mind of course that the borderline for "moe" is different for everyone:

Happiness Charge Precure -- moe, just like it's been for the last ten years, except when they're punching villains in the face
One Week Friends -- kind of moe, but more like warm fuzzy feelings in general, I guess
Ping Pong -- not moe

I think classifying an entire show as moe only really works for some of the cute-girls-doing-cute-things shows; otherwise, I wouldn't really call it moe but rather just a show that happens to have cute girls in it.

tumblr_n4z07s4l0y1r6fs8eo1_500.gif

Kieli

Ping Pong -- not moe

Point taken. I will now commence sudoku.

Articalys

Point taken. I will now commence sudoku.
I'm just giving my own opinion. Doesn't invalidate yours one bit.
I thought that's what moe is?
I was working with a definition of moe closer to "cute for cuteness' sake", while Love Live does a bit more with its characters than just have them be there.

I guess it's really not quantifiable or easily categorized, so my whole list might kind of be garbage, but I wanted to contribute something to the thread, dammit.

Midonin

Ever since Pretty Rhythm went on break with its reruns-framed-by-Flash-animation, I haven't been able to promote it. (It has given me an appreciation for Mia. I like her moxie.) And now a website for the next iteration, PriPara is up.

Lala's been learning from the past heroines on All Star Selection, but her friends Sofi and Mirei (there's a theme here), I don't know much about, but can generally guess from their character designs. By which I mean they look like the next coming of Aikatsu's Seira and Kii.

Eusis

Is it shadecube time again?
Is that a joke picture? Pocahontas aside those aren't particularly fair comparisons being OVA/Movies versus TV shows, and in the case of Pocahontas not only do we have the style factor but the smoothness of animation to take into account.

Branduil

Is that a joke picture? Pocahontas aside those aren't particularly fair comparisons being OVA/Movies versus TV shows, and in the case of Pocahontas not only do we have the style factor but the smoothness of animation to take into account.

The joke is that it was serious. There's a reason I call it shadecube.

Ripping Friends 5-7

Was told to watch this after our long hiatus from this show, and now we remember why there was a hiatus.

It's shit like this that makes me happy about my Arjuna/Kuttsukiboshi night. It's like revenge, except it wasn't initially revenge.

Gotta give props for the flesh tone racist joke. God damn that was something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom