• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw mention of IM@S lists.

There is only one correct list

Top: Everyone but Miki

Bottom: Miki

We don't count the Cinderella Girls.
But we should count the Cinderella Girls. Once the anime airs every IM@S ranking list must include all the Cinderella Girls or else it's an invalid list.

No, that's not all of them.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre hoodie is the current frontrunner for #1 spot.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But we should count the Cinderella Girls. Once the anime airs every IM@S ranking list must include all the Cinderella Girls or else it's an invalid list.

Even if we count them I don't see the official ranking changing.

But jesus I had no idea there was really that many. How is the anime going to fit them all in?

Vito

Banned
So Ping Pong went from saving anime to killing it?

I feel like this happens every season.

I think most people who know about these sort of things (=stalk animators on twitter, etc.) have been expecting production schedule problems, especially with Tatsunoko's involvement.

It wasn't bad, just not a big fan of Mao.

----
Gundam Wing 1
This will only be my second watching this show so everything feels fresh to me. I've completely forgotten how awesome the ED theme was until now. It definitely has that 80s/90s feel to it.
Such an awesome soundtrack all around.

Engage Acquaintance: Kiss Dum - Episode 14

After watching another one of those Godlimation Flash Game videos on Retsupurae I can safely say that Kiss Dum's animation is nowhere near as bad (It's still bad). Sure the mouth flaps don't match up in Kiss Dum but at least the mouth isn't moving all over their face. Then again Kiss Dum aired on national television, this Flash Game was on Newgrounds. You know Kiss Dum's animation quality is bad when you have to compare it to terrible Newgrounds Flash Games!

Anyway the episode was pretty important to the story as we meet another one of Shu's old dead friends. Although this time he didn't want to kill Shu so everything was OK. I have a feeling that their relationship isn't going to be all peachy by the end of this though.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Now I'm scared to watch Ping Pong.

Nah, it's flawed, but it still one of the best show this season. The BD will definitely fix all issues in TV version

NGNL 5
Man, i wish Madhouse the one that do Pingpong :<
I still think it's entertaining, and seeing Steph being bullied is kinda funny.

Even if we count them I don't see the official ranking changing.

But jesus I had no idea there was really that many. How is the anime going to fit them all in?
The main / popular ones'll get screen time, the rest either won't feature or'll be relegated to brief background appearances or something.

So many girls, yet Anzu is the only one that matters.
PJ9HhfD.png
A pox on you. Anzu was 17th vs Koume's 21st in the recent 3rd election.

Sonicbug

In case anyone missed it, The Devil is a Part-Timer is back up for preorder on right Stuf just in time for that Funimation sale! WOOOO!

It's about time, I feel like I was waiting forever to hear anything about the release... even though the show only aired like a year ago. =/ Where the hell is a second season?!?

Midonin

GJ Bu@

For all the hype about the New York portion of the special, I was surprised that it only took up half the movie. The time spent in New York was plenty entertaining in itself - Kiralyn Monroe was just as great animated - and I liked the small changes made to the opening, including the new SD dance sequence with everyone in their Americana. Due to the nature of GJ's stories, there wasn't much sightseeing of New York, but plenty of discussion about what exactly makes America. All the cameos and running gags were there, and my favorite one was probably the return of the "Maa-chan" gag and that backwards kick.

The seesaw shot in the second half was probably my favorite part. It's nicely arranged, and the distance between Mao and Kyoro is nicely conveyed, and contrasts well with her height. She's at a level above him, and really does want to raise him up as the new club president, but she doesn't have the strength to admit it. It conveys a lot about the feelings running through the second half in one shot.

In some ways, it felt like a revist of the final episode of the series, but it also meant that I got to see more Maaya Uchida talking with that high pitched tone she uses. Stories about friendship still get to me, and the final montage was a good way to close things off. And there's a lot of character songs coming with the last music album. Still low energy, low intensity, but all the charm from the TV series is here. Also, America. So I enjoyed it.

cnet128

Banned
Ping Pong 5

I seem be be having trouble caring about this show at this point. Maybe it's that the novelty of the style has worn off (though despite all the talk of production issues, I still think it looks pretty great), maybe it's that I still don't really feel invested in any of the characters, maybe it's just that the narrative is hard to follow.

The end of this episode was still pretty good though. When there are characters actually facing off in a match, the show starts to grab me again somewhat. Go figure.

cajunator

Banned
So what's going on with Ping Pong now? Do we like it or not?

The fandom is anime is fucking fickle, dudes

Yeah it really is. Ive never seen so much anger over cartoons before. Well ok every cartoon fandom is guilty of it but still lol.

Have you really taken to despising people in here to the point this is necessary?

I understand you possess a degree of self-loathing but it's strange when someone I've always perceived to be well respected here decides to go on the offensive. It's worrisome.

Im concerned too. I hope he's alright. nobody should ever be that self loathing. Love yourself! I mean why not. Were all fucked up and human. Love your human fucked uppedness!

Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 5

Yeah, it's fairly common for shows to include their own OP or ED as a song in-universe, but I think this is the first time I've seen a show actually identify it as an anime song. It does raise a few questions XD

Im sure Ive seen it presented that way before but not often. Its usually just being hummed or something.

Anime status: acquired

Elfen Lied! Nice!

Your taste is squee is most refined. Koume is excellent.
Also HOLY SHIT thats a lot of girls.

Pooya

I laugh at people who watch any sports* anime. Good or bad ones they're all same shit done to death.

*sports involving tanks, mecha and similar killing machines excluded.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 03

I love countdowns. I love when people have to go through a laundry list of sci-fi stuff to shoot their big guns. I love giant explosions. I think I should've watched this show while it was airing.

I laugh at people who watch any sports* anime. Good or bad ones they're all same shit done to death.

*sports involving tanks, mecha and similar killing machines excluded.

Why? I don't particularly like sports shows, but they're as formulaic as any given harems or battle shonen or slice of life, or anything else.

cnet128

Banned
Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin 5

Oh shit, two wonderful lolis in one episode...and one of them
was actually Tensai. How the heck does she keep becoming even more best girl?!

Pooya

as opposed to other genres? I think its all been done to death.

Not in the same way in how mundane all sport anime plots are, it's just the usual rivalry and drama blah blah, it's all kicking balls.

Now take any mecha anime, they're same thing for the most part too more often than not, but at least you've some nonsensical world and sci fi to look forward to, they're not carbon copy. Same goes for high school slice of life, yeah there is this school club activity in everything but beyond that they can develop however they want.

Sport anime: team/player sucks, they get better, they win. OK next.

Not in the same way in how mundane all sport anime plots are, it's just the usual rivalry and drama blah blah, it's all kicking balls.

Now take any mecha anime, nthey're same thing for the most part too more often than not, but at least you've some nonsensical world and sci fi to look forward too, they're not carbon copy. Same goes for high school slice of life, yeah there is this school club activity in everything but beyond that they can develop however they want.

Sport anime, team/player sucks, they get better, they win. OK next.

I like mecha a lot but you're full of shit. Most mecha start exactly the same, have a high school male as the protagonist, and only later become different depending on if they want to be the next Eva/Gundam/Mazinger.
Just look at stuff like Buddy Complex and Captain Earth, both just seem to be going through the same steps as is normal for their respective Studios.

.... ok. have a nice day.

that's what I said?

But I don't get your point, why is it fine for Mecha to be very similar except for some few things but not Sports, when it's the same way?
I think Ping Pong is a pretty unique show, but I don't watch that many sports shows. If Teppuu were to get an adaptation, I would gladly watch that.
You're right that most Sports shows are heroes team vs rivals team, but the differences in the shows are why people watch them in the first place for nearly every genre.

cajunator

Banned
Chihayafuru was formulaic but still very good. I dont see the problem here. Whether a show is formulaic or not, if its well written it really doesnt matter.

fertygo

Now take any mecha anime, they're same thing for the most part too more often than not, but at least you've some nonsensical world and sci fi to look forward to, they're not carbon copy. Same goes for high school slice of life, yeah there is this school club activity in everything but beyond that they can develop however they want.

Originality is overrated, I'll stuck with indie hipster music if I'm valuing them.

jgminto

Sport anime are fun for the interactions and relationships between the characters. The sport is usually just a backdrop for that. Watching bonds form and strengthen and rivalries grow is what makes sport anime fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom