• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Corvo: Glad you took the time to write that.

Thoraxes: 50ppp is the intended design spec. 100ppp was to throw crazy people a bone!

Jarmel

Banned
HYOUKA--SERIES IMPRESSIONSIt rather surprises me, in fact, that there has not yet been one.

There's nothing more left to adapt and the author is dragging his feet. Unless they start doing anime original stories(and nobody should want that), it's done.
Thoraxes: 50ppp is the intended design spec. 100ppp was to throw crazy people a bone!
100pp is insanely easier to read GAF with.

aexmUW8.jpg

If there hadn't been 2 other DAL girls in this period's final then Kurumi would've won. Definitely.

Not that I care about IntSaimoe, of course.

She is quite well designed. Tsunako is a character design god.
That's like saying the sun is "quite" hot or Haibane Renmei is "quite" good. And yes, all hail Tsunako etc.

CorvoSol

There's nothing more left to adapt and the author is dragging his feet. Unless they start doing anime original stories(and nobody should want that), it's done.

Ah, I was not aware that it was based on an LN. I mean, I guess I was, but I guess that slipped my mind? On the one hand it's sort of obvious, since it has the trappings of one, on the other hand, I suppose I simply forgot that.

So it's kinda like HOTD in the sense that the author just kinda moved on to other stuff, then?

Jarmel

Banned
Date A Live S2-8

I don't give a shit about Miku's background. I don't fucking care how hard the idol industry is. Unless she has a background where a man raped her, she's a stuck up bitch that somebody needs to put down.

Oh and the action was lazy as fuck this episode. Meh.
Ah, I was not aware that it was based on an LN. I mean, I guess I was, but I guess that slipped my mind? On the one hand it's sort of obvious, since it has the trappings of one, on the other hand, I suppose I simply forgot that.

So it's kinda like HOTD in the sense that the author just kinda moved on to other stuff, then?

More like a Game of Thrones situation, only not as popular.

Although quite frankly, I can't imagine the LN is even remotely interesting to read in the first place.

Thoraxes

I prefer it because i'm a quick reader/skimmer, and always search for replies to myself by name (wish that feature would come back). Instead of having to click to a next page so frequently, it saves time have greater consolidation. Plus, I can skip over all of those people who save their posts for the top of a new, 50 ppp, page.

(Also i'm crazy)

I'm with you on this.

Steel Ball Run

Sugar Mountain was some cool shit.

Fucking Balloon Dog Stand, what? There's a stand for everything I bet

Holy fuck, Lucy Steel is so bold. fucking :SDBURTON IN THIS SHIT

Jex

Fair enough. I'll concede that the animation wasn't great. I just mistook the overall look of the show as the "animation" where you guys are specifically referencing the actual motion and frames.

Regardless, I still think the show looks great and far more pleasing to the eye than the majority of shows out there, that to me, look cookie-cutter.

You can certainly argue that the art style is both unique and appealing, I wouldn't disagree, although I think the show looked far, far better when that style was coupled with good animation/detail e.g. like in episode 5.

jgminto

Steel Ball Run

Sugar Mountain was some cool shit.

Fucking Balloon Dog Stand, what? There's a stand for everything I bet

Holy fuck, Lucy Steel is so bold. fucking :SDBURTON IN THIS SHIT

You're getting pretty close to the final battle. And what a glorious final battle it is.

sonicmj1

HYOUKA--SERIES IMPRESSIONS

Thanks for taking the time to write that out. I'm glad you found a way to watch the series that made you happier, and while your criticisms weren't things that personally bothered me all that much, I can understand where you're coming from.

On an unrelated note, your impressions have made me interested in trying out VOTOMS at some point.

Jarmel

Banned
You can certainly argue that the art style is both unique and appealing, I wouldn't disagree, although I think the show looked far, far better when that style was coupled with good animation/detail e.g. like in episode 5.

I can't imagine that Trigger/Imaishi is happy with how KLK turned out. When everything was firing on all cylinders like 4,5,6,17, and 18, the show really works and I imagine that's how Imaishi pictured the show to be. Everything else though...

BluWacky

No, it's not a remake of Gundam. It's a 4 episode theatrical project (like Unicorn and Akito, so basically OVAs) covering a specific segment of the Gundam Origin manga - the origin of Char and Sayla from the point they were children until they grow up and the One Year War begins.

Ah, thanks for the explanation - I don't even know who Sayla is, so it's time to Google!

It's a pretty significant project for Sunrise, but it's only the first step. How they plan on eventually animating the rest of Gundam Origin (which is a remake and expansion of the original series in manga form) is not known. They might do it in more parts like this, maybe they could make a TV series, or they could do actual films, no one knows. If this is not successful maybe they won't even do the rest at all.

As a Gundam fan, do you think this looks exciting? I'm guessing the story is the attraction here - or am I being too harsh on the production values?

CorvoSol

Thanks for taking the time to write that out. I'm glad you found a way to watch the series that made you happier, and while your criticisms weren't things that personally bothered me all that much, I can understand where you're coming from.

On an unrelated note, your impressions have made me interested in trying out VOTOMS at some point.

I tried to be less critical in this, really, and more just voice things I did or did not like, rather than hoist them as signs of the show's quality or lack thereof.

And VOTOMS is great. Like if you're at all a fan of the sort of action movie feeling of segments of stuff like FMP or 00 Gundam or anything, VOTOMS is all of that but manlier.

So after much thought that has lasted since I finished the iDOLM@STER anime, I have finally re-evaluated my stance on best girl, and sad to say it isn't Makoto anymore. Makoto is awesome but fact of the matter is that her singing, while good, does not compare to the girls listed below. And singing is what essentially iM@S is all about.

Chihaya Kisaragi

Amazing singer, actually best singer in all of the 12 (or 13) introduced in iM@S, not to mention her character song 'Yakusoku' is flat out amazing in both the TV version and full version.

Yukiho Hagiwara

I have a thing for soft/quiet voices. With Yukiho she doesn't give off the stereotypical high-pitched voice (though I am aware its very close) yet at the same time can sing upbeat/moody songs such as 'Little Match Girl'.

As such, I'm still in debate who will come out on top between Chihaya and Yukiho; deciding on Yukiho for now due to listening to her music more recently. So sorry to all Makato lovers on AnimeGAF though I'm confident that she will still be loved by many.

cajunator

Banned
aexmUW8.jpg

If there hadn't been 2 other DAL girls in this period's final then Kurumi would've won. Definitely.

Not that I care about IntSaimoe, of course.

That's like saying the sun is "quite" hot or Haibane Renmei is "quite" good. And yes, all hail Tsunako etc.

I agree. Im also quite pleased that you have such a high regard for my favorite series.

I recognise one character in that image.

I recognize all of them. Is that terrible?

I prefer it because i'm a quick reader/skimmer, and always search for replies to myself by name (wish that feature would come back). Instead of having to click to a next page so frequently, it saves time have greater consolidation. Plus, I can skip over all of those people who save their posts for the top of a new, 50 ppp, page.

(Also i'm crazy)

I'm with you on this.

I browse mobilegaf a lot. When its really busy and Im working, i try to multiquote a whole page. At 50ppp its not too big to accomplish this. Especially since half the time mobilegaf forgets what I multiquoted and I get a blank reply screen.

Branduil

I'm glad you were able to finish Hyouka without wanting to break things, Corvo.

Maybe I'll be able to feel the same way about Clannad once I get past the Mentally Challenged Ghost Adventure.

CorvoSol

I'm glad you were able to finish Hyouka without wanting to break things, Corvo.

Maybe I'll be able to feel the same way about Clannad once I get past the Mentally Challenged Ghost Adventure.

I'm glad I did, too! Just goes to show I should trust Cajun's advice more often, haha.

As for Clannad, if you mean the Mentally Challenged Ghost girl is Starfish girl, I'm afraid after that comes Mentally Challenged Genius Girl.

I haven't really found any girls in the show to be intelligent yet, and there's only 3 male characters, so I dunno. I'm only half way into it, though, so maybe things will change on me.

jgminto

That's like over 2 fucking years of content right there....

And yet it's still faster than whatever the fuck Naruto is doing

Now realise that you're actually going to go through that 2 year JoJo dripfeed with Jojolion. The most recent fight took over half a year to finish. Half...a...year...and it was only a minor villain.

Now realise that you're actually going to go through that 2 year JoJo dripfeed with Jojolion. The most recent fight took over half a year to finish. Half...a...year...and it was only a minor villain.

This is the part that I'm dreading the absolute most when I catch up.

How do people feel about Jojo being monthly anyway?

jgminto

This is the part that I'm dreading the absolute most when I catch up.

How do people feel about Jojo being monthly anyway?

Well the 40 page chapters are usually enough to get me excited for the story again and wanting more each month, though with the story style of Jojolion it can feel like the information is being dished out so slowly. It looks fantastic, just as good as the later SBR stuff. Araki is obviously putting serious work into the close ups and backgrounds. I don't think it would be possible for him to do it any quicker on his own.

cajunator

Banned
I'm glad I did, too! Just goes to show I should trust Cajun's advice more often, haha.

As for Clannad, if you mean the Mentally Challenged Ghost girl is Starfish girl, I'm afraid after that comes Mentally Challenged Genius Girl.

I haven't really found any girls in the show to be intelligent yet, and there's only 3 male characters, so I dunno. I'm only half way into it, though, so maybe things will change on me.

Hehee. I try not to steer you wrong Corvy.

duckroll

One Week Friends 1-3

Shogo is too good to be a main character.

You haven't seen the best character yet.

As a Gundam fan, do you think this looks exciting? I'm guessing the story is the attraction here - or am I being too harsh on the production values?

I don't think it looks that great if you're talking about animation, but it's not coming out for another year, and probably won't be completed before 2016 or 2017, so it's hard for me to really care enough to be outraged or anything. I'm definitely interested in watching it. The story is good, and the director has done a lot of good not visually attractive stuff in recent years (like the MS Igloo OVAs), so looking kinda iffy isn't going to turn me away.

sonicmj1

One Week Friends 4

That was some... convenient drama.
She just happens to get bumped and drop her bag, and just happens to forget to pick up her diary, and when she comes home she just happens to pass out against the door and just happens to knock her diary reminder poster off the wall which just happens to fall somewhere she can't see it and put it back up for the next two days.
What're the odds?

Also, Hase's pretty pathetic.

I might've mentioned it when I watched this show the first time, but I like that there's a strong emphasis on the lighting and color choices in each scene to highlight the mood. I guess it makes everything kind of obvious, but it feels like the art directors are paying close attention to what's going on, instead of just going through the motions. That's nice to see.

cajunator

Banned
One Week Friends 4

That was some... convenient drama.
She just happens to get bumped and drop her bag, and just happens to forget to pick up her diary, and when she comes home she just happens to pass out against the door and just happens to knock her diary reminder poster off the wall which just happens to fall somewhere she can't see it and put it back up for the next two days.
What're the odds?

Also, Hase's pretty pathetic.

I might've mentioned it when I watched this show the first time, but I like that there's a strong emphasis on the lighting and color choices in each scene to highlight the mood. I guess it makes everything kind of obvious, but it feels like the art directors are paying close attention to what's going on, instead of just going through the motions. That's nice to see.

Plot convenience is nothing new though.

Do we know if there will be a second season for Hakuoki Reimeiroku?

And I do apologize for the off-topic but any other gaming news sites like Adriasang? I mean English-language Japanese game news site that often translate Japan's Famitsu games industry magazine into English.

I didnt think there would be since for the characters involved it led and ended right at the start of hakuoki season 1 since it was a prequel.

There are hakuoki movies being made.

duckroll

The trailer for the Tales of zestria Tv anime isn't that bad , even if it does raise some question toward the world .

Too bad about the Iron knights Cgs , but it can't be helped since it's ufotable + tales of ( they did the same thing for xilia 2 opening )
Now i'm excited.

Are you sure that's for the TV Special? I don't think they've announced any details on that yet, only that Ufotable is making it. That video looks like it might be the prologue movie for the game itself...

TUSR

Banned
Neon Genesis Evangelion Ep 14

Recap episode, only interesting part was the Angels names. The intro song for this show is so good, I feel like we are about to hit the second arc of a Gainax show and shit is going down soon.

Authority

Banned
I didnt think there would be since for the characters involved it led and ended right at the start of hakuoki season 1 since it was a prequel.

There are hakuoki movies being made.

Thanks for your answer Sir/Madam.

I have been out of with anime for a couple of months now. Any new anime like Ninja Scroll/Berserk/Basilisk/Darker than Black?

Also did Fate get a new season or am I dreaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom