• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Thanks for your answer Sir/Madam.

I have been out of with anime for a couple of months now. Any new anime like Ninja Scroll/Berserk/Basilisk/Darker than Black?

Also did Fate get a new season or am I dreaming?

To your first question: Not at all.

To your second: Fate/Stay Night has indeed bee announced.

Tenumi

Banned
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - 09

Don't villains ever realize that telling the hero that they have no weakness and are invincible is a death flag?

Midonin

Daimidaler 09

The Penguin Empire, underneath the frat boy lecherousness, are a bunch of pretty good guys and girls. The Emperor's backstory with Ritz was kinda heartwarming, and the idea of a robot using a wrestling move that pulls apart another robot's legs - and Kiriko being embarrassed by this - is exactly the kind of silliness I've come to expect from this show. It's telling that the episode spent most of its time with the Penguins instead of the Daimidaler crew.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
HeartCatch Precure 28

Remember kids, do your homework, or a fabulous purple-haired man will turn you into a monster!

Also, this has been bugging me for a while now...so the Desert General's plan succeeding depends on the destruction of the Heart Tree, right? And every time the Precure defeat a Desertrian, they get a Heart Seed, which makes the Heart Tree "better", right? So why don't the Desert Generals just, you know, stop making Desertrians? They're just unwittingly helping the Precure to restore the Heart Tree. Just send Dark Precure out there to wipe the floor with all of them. /overthinkingakidsshow

Midonin

Dragonar Academy 09

This show loves its tentacles a little too much. Lucca's healing wave was neat to look at, and it's pretty obvious that Millgaus was
Julius
. Everything still feels pretty by-the-numbers and a little exposition heavy, but I'm enjoying it. Ecco's cute, and both Rebecca and Sylvia are entertaining enough. The concept of the various armors is neat enough in itself, and hey, zombie dragons.

duckroll

I don't know if I should feel ashamed that I used to write for Siliconera, but I kinda do lately. >>

Nothing to be ashamed about if you put in effort in what you did. The site used to be pretty good when there was strong editorial oversight. Standards just went into the toilet in recent years, which is pretty disappointing. They still have good articles when they actually do their own interviews and have original coverage, but it's definitely soured by inaccurate new articles. The only ones who should be ashamed are the ones turning in work like that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nothing to be ashamed about if you put in effort in what you did. The site used to be pretty good when there was strong editorial oversight. Standards just went into the toilet in recent years, which is pretty disappointing. They still have good articles when they actually do their own interviews and have original coverage, but it's definitely soured by inaccurate new articles. The only ones who should be ashamed are the ones turning in work like that.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. It's just disappointing to see the direction they've gone in lately. They really were great a few years back.

-----

HeartCatch Precure 29

Eh. Barely even anything worth mentioning in this episode. Fairly standard, good, but not very memorable.

Just a heads up. Sometime when the next thread comes around I might go all PshycoNinja on you and start a "watch-for-watch" challenge to get you people to see a certain show. Might, anyway. I'm currently revisiting said show and writing up some thoughts about it. I'm not going to say what it is right now, but it's a show I've talked about here at some points in the past.

So yeah, just something you people can look forward to ;).

I think you got owned by Siliconera's terrible Japanese coverage again. The trailer is for the game, the Superfly theme song is also for the game. They really suck. :p

So...Tales of Zestria isn't getting an anime? I'm really out of the loop on that and I'm a HUGE fan of Tales games.

Though really, if any Tales game should get an anime it's Graces. Because its main character is so horrendously bad I'd love to see AnimeGAF all come together posting their opinions of rage about him :p.

HYOUKA--SERIES IMPRESSIONS
*snip*

Whoa, didn't expect you to have such a turn-around on this! I'm increasingly getting the urge to watch this show, because I'm a big fan of light-hearted little mystery stories so this show seems to be right up my alley.

duckroll

So...Tales of Zestria isn't getting an anime? I'm really out of the loop on that and I'm a HUGE fan of Tales games.

They are making a TV Special anime for ToZ. There are no other details beyond the fact that they're making one, and it's by Ufotable. It's not a series, just a planned one-shot, probably airing around the time the game is being released to help promote it.

Kyuur

Steel Ball Run

Sugar Mountain was some cool shit.

Fucking Balloon Dog Stand, what? There's a stand for everything I bet

Holy fuck, Lucy Steel is so bold. fucking :SDBURTON IN THIS SHIT

Why is this in the anime thread when we have a Jojo series and a manga OT? I swear there are Jojo spoilers everywhere I go (not to say this post is particularly spoilerific). :/

BluWacky

Thanks one more question. Any anime like Medabots/Plawres Sanshiro/ZoneofEnders/Robotics;Notes?

I'm not sure any of those have much in common except they've got robots in!

There are a few anime with giant robots in at the moment:

- Captain Earth (unoriginal but well executed, silly and filled with mysteries)
- Daimidaler (wacky and perverted)
- DaiShogun (terribly animated and not really worthwhile in any way)

If you want something more like Medabots or Plawres then there's lots of kids toy shows that might fit the bill.

Can't kill what's been dead.

qSzWACK.jpg

You can say that again....

cajunator

Banned
What is Love Live?

a curious pile of nico nico ni

Shouldn't you be glad that GAFers are finally playing a game? I mean this is a gaming forum after all.

when Zelda WiiU and Mario kart 8 are in my possession Ill play a game.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=537378

I have two quotes in the OP of the DAL S1 OT, both of them were about Kurumi. Go me!

Picking Kurumi is the natural order of things.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I'm not sure any of those have much in common except they've got robots in!

There are a few anime with giant robots in at the moment:

- Captain Earth (unoriginal but well executed, silly and filled with mysteries)
- Daimidaler (wacky and perverted)
- DaiShogun (terribly animated and not really worthwhile in any way)

If you want something more like Medabots or Plawres then there's lots of kids toy shows that might fit the bill.

In no universe could Captain Earth be defined as well executed, the show the needs a playbill for its internal terminology is sorely lacking in the execution department.

Midonin

Mekaku City Actors 08

The link between the phenomenon (*starts humming*) that created everyone's eye powers and the alternate universe described in the ongoing fairy tale seems to be a clear one, and also explains what was going on with Ene and Konoha last episode. Whether it has to do with Ayano, I'm uncertain, but the pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together. One thing I've liked about Shaft is their ability to make the animation the story, not merely in service to it. And with a show as abstract as this, that's allowed to come through to its fullest.

Time for some Fate Kaleid liner 2wei PV .
One of my most anticipated summer series, right up there with Momo Kyun Sword.

You really can't do Endless Eight in book form anyway. Maybe you could if you were doing ebooks, I suppose.

What do you mean Endless Eight does not work in book form, but perhaps as an eBook? The anime adaptation just took the story title a bit too far by making up extra timeloops with slightly different events. There were other short stories from the LNs that could have been adapted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom