• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
Just finished Daily Lives of High School Boys. Lol that ending.

Good show. Its freaking hilarious but I'll type more stuff when I feel like going to my computer.

edit: at computer now so some more thoughts on Nichibros. I'm bad at typing out what I feel when it comes to shows and stuff, but here it goes.

It's a really funny show with great jokes and gags, but I don't think I like it as much as Nichijou. It definitely is a funnier show than Nichijou though.

The main thing is I don't care for the characters at all. There are also a quite a few characters for how short the show is and they don't really get introduced. They are just part of one or two sketches and then they keep going back to them. I have no idea who half of them are like the bald guy and his friend who are in the class with the Yassan. Mitsuo is a guy who I had a hard time remembering. I wasn't sure who he was until I found a wikia for the show. It's probably because I took a break halfway through the show, but the characters aren't as memorable and I don't care about them. Tadakuni just kinda disappears, and the show even makes fun of that fact, but he was character who was prominent in the first half and was more "developed", (I guess this is the word I'll use since I have no idea what I should. The audience knows him more than everybody else though as he's the first guy shown.) so it's kind of weird they were focusing on the more fun characters, but I didn't know who they were.

The show is really really hilarious, but I'm not sure I'll remember it as much as Nichijou just because the characters aren't as well established or memorable. The fact that Nichijou had more episodes kinda helps, but by episode 11 or so in Nichijou I knew who all the characters were and what to expect.

Daily Lives of High School Boys is a really really really funny show!

Jex

Patlabor 2 The Movie
What was the point of connecting Nagumo to Tsuge? I feel like it just weakened her character, and it didn't lend the movie much more drama. I dunno.

Just to address this point - as far as I understand, you haven't seen the TV series, correct? I think if you were more familiar with the characters of Goto and Nagumo you'd understand how important it is to the film that Nagumo and Tsuge have a relationship. It really adds a lot of 'drama' to the proceedings except that it's extremely downlpalyed because, well, Oshii! I'd argue that, even without such knowledge, it's pretty important to the proceedings but that's one aspect of the movie that really benefits from additional familiarity with the rest of the franchise.

Midonin

Black Bullet 03

Now I get what this is reminding me of. Nobunagun, especially with the way the creatures are evolving and such. And yet, I like it much more, and a lot of that has to do with Enju. Once this arc is over (and since the title of the next episode is that of the series, we may be reaching the end of the first book), I wouldn't mind a break for her and Rentaro to just goof around before the tension rises up again. The conversation with Kayo was interesting enough, and the fight scene with Kagetane was just brutal. I feel the clash of tones isn't a point against this series, but rather what makes it interesting. That goes for a lot of things this season.

cajunator

Banned

Good show. Its freaking hilarious but I'll type more stuff when I feel like going to my computer.

edit: at computer now so some more thoughts on Nichibros. I'm bad at typing out what I feel when it comes to shows and stuff, but here it goes.

It's a really funny show with great jokes and gags, but I don't think I like it as much as Nichijou. It definitely is a funnier show than Nichijou though.

The main thing is I don't care for the characters at all. There are also a quite a few characters for how short the show is and they don't really get introduced. They are just part of one or two sketches and then they keep going back to them. I have no idea who half of them are like the bald guy and his friend who are in the class with the Yassan. Mitsuo is a guy who I had a hard time remembering. I wasn't sure who he was until I found a wikia for the show. It's probably because I took a break halfway through the show, but the characters aren't as memorable and I don't care about them. Tadakuni just kinda disappears, and the show even makes fun of that fact, but he was character who was prominent in the first half and was more "developed", (I guess this is the word I'll use since I have no idea what I should. The audience knows him more than everybody else though as he's the first guy shown.) so it's kind of weird they were focusing on the more fun characters, but I didn't know who they were.

The show is really really hilarious, but I'm not sure I'll remember it as much as Nichijou just because the characters aren't as well established or memorable. The fact that Nichijou had more episodes kinda helps, but by episode 11 or so in Nichijou I knew who all the characters were and what to expect.

Nichibros is hilarious but I would agree with not having the most memorable cast. nichijou did a better job with that. I did like Ringo and Litererary girl a lot but the guys of the show lacked real definition.

Link Man

Banned
Black Bullet 3

Yeah, this show really is excellent. The characters are really well-written and acted, and that fight scene was brutal. Sticking with this to the bitter end.

Although it did kind of drag a bit in the middle, when the mission first began.

Defuser

Captain EARF ep 3

Paper cup phone? WTF

Stock mecha footage and a maiden singing. Yup it's star driver in disguise but without the fabulous.

fertygo

Black Bullet 3

Yeah, this show really is excellent. The characters are really well-written and acted, and that fight scene was brutal. Sticking with this to the bitter end.

Although it did kind of drag a bit in the middle, when the mission first began.

This is real?

Jex

This is how one lives the weaboo life loud and proud:

weaboii0iexl.png

As long as you recognized Sugita all is right.

jman2050

Now go read Zai x10, the author's next work. Or roll the dice on an anime adaptation, if you wish.

Either way it's even better than Nichibros, which is saying something.

Gbraga

Well we can be certain that particular brown girl
is in fact a girl unlike Nanana

What,
it's actually just a boy who likes to dress as a maid? I thought it was actually a t girl, which would be even better. But if it's just a dude and from now one she behaves and speaks about herself like a dude, that sucks.

nintendoman I hear you bro. That's the main reason I refuse to watch the movie. I don't want to end the series on more of a downer than the tv series ending. Therefore I refuse to watch until another movie with my god damn puppies and rainbow ending is made.

The way the tv series ended
wasn't even that big of a downer. In fact, I'd say it hinted as at a more positive note for future sequels. All the more making Rebellion more infuriating.

cajunator

Banned
What,
it's actually just a boy who likes to dress as a maid? I thought it was actually a t girl, which would be even better. But if it's just a dude and from now one she behaves and speaks about herself like a dude, that sucks.

Honestly I havent watched Nanana yet so I cannot comment on what that character is like. I did scary things this weekend, such as going outside into the sunlight and venturing outside of my room.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Is there any job in japan that makes good money? Even CEO's like iwata makes chump change for a CEO.

mangaka with multiple best seller

What,

He act like a girl. Truly a grade A trap

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Majin Bone Episode 4:

I don't I will ever stopped being stunned at how quiet and introspective this show can be, especially given the usual bombast inherent to both the genre and the marketing materials. It is a good thing just as well because I don't think I would be tuning in for the action, while I don't think the actual CGI looks terrible since there are no faces and everything is very stylized, the actual action has been functional at best, motion sickness inducing at its worst. Though hey they have finally gotten around to starting make me give a shit about the villains beyond vague end of the world proclamations. This really is the best mech show going this season, I just wish the actual mech part of the show looked and animated better but that is clearly not happening.

jbug617

Banned
They are releasing Yuyushiki on Bluray in August.

http://sentaifilmworks.tumblr.com/p...lmworks-official-august-2014-release-schedule

August Releases

Watamote DVD/Bluray (Dub)
Love Lab DVD/Bluray
Uta No Prince Sama 2000% DVD/Bluray
Short Peace DVD/Bluray (Dub)
Fantasista Dolls DVD/Bluray
Yuyushiki Bluray
From The New World Collection 2 DVD/Bluray (Dub)
Mayo Chiki Bluray (Dub)
KinMoza DVD/Bluray

edit: The Yuyushiki DVD is coming out in July. Bluray in August. My fault

cajunator

Banned

http://sentaifilmworks.tumblr.com/p...lmworks-official-august-2014-release-schedule

August Releases

Watamote DVD/Bluray
Love Lab DVD/Bluray
Short Peace DVD/Bluray
Yuyushiki Bluray
From The New World Collection 2 DVD/Bluray
Mayo Chiki Bluray

yuyushiki isnt released yet so I can wait. The only one in here I have on DVD otherwise is Mayo Chiki and Im not sure I like it enough to double dip but it was worth having DVD. Maybe Ill give it away or something.
Otherwise I see a squee lot of stuff in there on bluray that is necessary.

jbug617

Banned
yuyushiki isnt released yet so I can wait. The only one in here I have on DVD otherwise is Mayo Chiki and Im not sure I like it enough to double dip but it was worth having DVD. Maybe Ill give it away or something.
Otherwise I see a squee lot of stuff in there on bluray that is necessary.

I'll probably get Love Lab and KinMoza.

August Releases

Watamote DVD/Bluray
Love Lab DVD/Bluray
Short Peace DVD/Bluray
Yuyushiki Bluray
Mayo Chiki Bluray
KinMoza DVD/Bluray

Why you never indicate which are getting dubbed, unless none of them are beyond from the new world?

cajunator

Banned
I'll probably get Love Lab and KinMoza.

On that list Ill definitely preorder
Watamote DVD/Bluray
Love Lab DVD/Bluray
Yuyushiki Bluray
KinMoza DVD/Bluray

Possibly Mayo Chiki if its not stupid price. But really I have a lot of DVD stuff that got replaced with bluray that I might unload sooner or later. Maybe Ill post a list here and try to figure out how to ship dvds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom