• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, is the Bebop the Cowboy movie worth watching?

considering the ending to the TV series, I assume its pretty much an extended episode that takes place sometime during their adventures?

It's alright. I wouldn't consider it essential viewing or anything, but it's perfectly fine for what it is.

And yes,
it's set during the series (specifically, between episodes 22 and 23).

Branduil

Why any of the girls get worked up over boring old Kaito when Tetsurou is right there is something I cannot understand. At least nature girl gets it.

Branduil

considering the ending to the TV series, I assume its pretty much an extended episode that takes place sometime during their adventures?

It takes place between episodes 22 and 23, and yes it's worth watching.

Jex

Like all good movies that manage to get made even though the series has ended conclusively!

cajunator

Banned
Maybe is Kanna is mocked hard enough she'll learn.

Who am I kidding.

Like I said, she will forever be the cutest girl in the show and always friendzoned. It is what it is. Tsumugi had the same fate.

2ZtM1.jpg

Branduil

I think nostalgia is a powerful deciding factor in how much people enjoy Bebop and why they love it so much. Seeing it with fresh eyes probably wont have the same impact, especially since a lot of modern anime has taken a lot from the show and expanded on those ideas.

I disagree. Virtually zero anime have taken anything at all from Bebop.

Risette

A Good Citizen
It's always interesting to see someone who really likes to do serious storyboarding, I imagine them as the kind of person who needs to have every detail fleshed out as they see it, rather than someone like Oshii who only seems to really detailed storyboards for key moments.
Kon's storyboards are incredibly detailed. I can only imagine how detailed the Dream Machine storyboards are, considering he seemed to know he was going to die and wanted the movie to be finished without his presence, which probably made him put the extra touch into its storyboards... :(

Speaking of Oshii, is there any of Kon's layout work in the Patlabor 2 storyboard books or is it just Oshii's storyboards?

cajunator

Banned
Maybe is Kanna is mocked hard enough she'll learn.

Who am I kidding.

Kon's storyboards are incredibly detailed. I can only imagine how detailed the Dream Machine storyboards are, considering he seemed to know he was going to die and wanted the movie to be finished without his presence, which probably made him put the extra touch into its storyboards... :(

Speaking of Oshii, is there any of Kon's layout work in the Patlabor 2 storyboard books or is it just Oshii's storyboards?

Now you're just depressing me :(

Ah My Goddess TV S2 08
Watch the show more and I'm sure you'll get used to it.
So, a pretty fun episode. First half was the three goddess not named Belldandy, try and help Keiichi with disastrous results.
The next half, Keiichi gets drugged yet again and ends up having all the girls start falling for him, harem style, well literally falling all over him.
I did like Urd's punishment for Peroth at the end.

Just Oshii's storyboards.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Space Bebop: Final Impressions

I can see why this is such a beloved show, the quality is overall very consistent, and very good. The tone and setting of a few episodes is outside of my personal tastes, and neither the opening nor the ending were particularly great in my opinion (though the ending was at least better than the opening episode) but the character interactions, maturity, and the stories of most the individual episodes themselves were top notch. The production of the show itself is some of the best I've seen, the animation was consistently amazing, and the direction and writing hardly ever failed to impress. I guess "consistent" is really the best word to describe Space Bebop. As for how I personally liked it, I enjoyed all but 2 or 3 of the episodes.

cajunator

Banned

I can see why this is such a beloved show, the quality is overall very consistent, and very good. The tone and setting of a few episodes is outside of my personal tastes, and neither the opening nor the ending were particularly great in my opinion (though the ending was at least better than the opening episode) but the character interactions, maturity, and the stories of most the individual episodes themselves were top notch. The production of the show itself is some of the best I've seen, the animation was consistently amazing, and the direction and writing hardly ever failed to impress. I guess "consistent" is really the best word to describe Space Bebop. As for how I personally liked it, I enjoyed all but 2 or 3 of the episodes.

The mutual agreement seems to be what you said here, including a handful of weak episodes that fell below the usual standards of Cowboy Bebop, but overall it is a very enjoyable experience and certainly one that NO anime fan should miss honestly.

Damn it, I'm seriously tearing up because of this.

Jex

Well, now you're just being boring.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Like I said, she will forever be the cutest girl in the show and always friendzoned. It is what it is. Tsumugi had the same fate.

2ZtM1.jpg

That comparison doesn't really work because all of the girls were equally cute in Kannagi.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Well, now you're just being boring.

Fine then, I won't give proper reviews about stuff then. :<

I think he just honestly wasn't too impressed with the show on a personal level.

I wouldn't go that far, I thought it was a good, at times great, show. The lack of enthusiasm is more due to the fact I've been travelling pretty much nonstop for the past week
and I have my pride dammit, I won't admit I like Space Bebop that easily!

cajunator

Banned
Fine then, I won't give proper reviews about stuff then. :<

I wouldn't go that far, I thought it was a good, at times great, show. The lack of enthusiasm is more due to the fact I've been travelling pretty much nonstop for the past week

It's ok envelope, we still love you.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yurumates3Dei 01

It's the same as Yurumates 01 but with a far more cutesy style and more polished animation.

I preferred the original despite its simple look.

Ah My Goddess TV S2 09
Even goddesses take dating advice from a manga.
Another fun episode. The group date and then the goddess battle at an indoor pool. So random, yet so awesome. Going from a tickle fight between angels, smacking fish with a hammer and summoning meteors onto a target. I wonder why there aren't more goddess battles.

survivor

Banned
Kimi ni Todoke 2

I'm starting to fall in love with Kazehaya. He is the perfect guy.

I really don't remember high school students being dicks like this. They are not even trying to act nice or anything, they are just straight up saying they don't wanna sit beside her in front of her.

Seems like the group got established in this episode as well as the first villain? That girl at the end of the episode gave the evil look

firehawk12

Subete no aware
7 new pages already in OT2. Crazy.

Kimi to Boku 2: 1: Same old same old. Which is not a bad thing though. The guys just have a fun little sleep over, take bathes, chatting all night (jealous Yuki~). You know, bro-ing it up. A little of incestual joking around with Kaname's mom is always amusing. The guys imitating Shun while he was in bath was kinda funny. It really picks up the trail it left off in the first season. An average little show that's pleasant enough.

Kimi to Boku 2: 2: Hahaha I see why firehawk found this so delicious. Friendzone fetishes. I think it'd be funny if the series just keeps adding more and more points in the Chizuru -> Misaki -> Shun love line as a joke. Kaname doing a love umbrella with Misaki had a predictable result but the girls who over reacted made it entertaining for me. I think I've always liked this kind of gag since School Rumble's similar Harima/Eri jokes. It's nice that Chizuru got something at the end for bro-ing it up, getting rained on and being super friendzoned. The ribbon problem was pretty dumb though (that guy who messed it up was a douche though). Oh no the ribbon is crooked now (couldn't you just tie it again). I guess they needed an excuse to let Chizuru be the bro and fix it up with his gift. I wonder how couple oriented Christmas in Japan really is.
Christmas is date/friend night, New Years is family night. It's the reverse of Western cultures or whatever. lol
Also, delicious friendzonnig. :p

Ginga e Kickoff! 02
Erika's favourite player is Cristiano Ronaldo. :X Waifu disappointmenton total.

Very much liking the focus on women's football this is getting. All the girls are really cute. My only complaint is that the music isn't very good and does not fit a football animu at all.
Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, and Xavi?
I like the music, since it really is evoking that song from the last World Cup. lol

Haha, yes!!
I was going to mention that you would enjoy the last scene a lot, but thought I would leave you to experience it in it's full glory!

*sips tea* :)

Oh man, that's great. Kanna fans deserve exactly what they get!

Narag

Angel Beats 4

"Prepare to get your butts cleaned!" Y'know I have no idea how close this is to the original script but I don't think I really want to know because it's like some sort of awesome fandub otherwise.

Jex

Kimi ni Todoke 2

I'm starting to fall in love with Kazehaya. He is the perfect guy.

I really don't remember high school students being dicks like this. They are not even trying to act nice or anything, they are just straight up saying they don't wanna sit beside her in front of her.

Seems like the group got established in this episode as well as the first villain? That girl at the end of the episode gave the evil look

That's an extremely tame high school.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I liked Tsumugi the best. The others were cute, she was
REDACTED

The fujoshi girl in the art club was the secret best girl in Kannagi, but sadly she was never part of the harem.

Envelope tsundere for Bebop CONFIRMED.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yami and the Hat and the Book Traveler 7

after a few lines of exposition to give the Loli and Tiger something vaguely resembling an ending, we get yuri flashbacks! Bed-kun! Hazuki sure gets off on pretty much anything having to do with Hatsumi, that's for sure! Also there was a random star wars scene for 2 seconds, but I wasn't able to figure out what it was supposed to mean.

I think Hatsumi's wig has slowly been slipping down the back of her head because more and more of her forehead keeps getting exposed.

Articalys

Do you live near one of the following city/theater combinations?
  • Edmonton, AB (Metro Cinema)
  • New York, NY (Anthology Film Archives)
  • San Francisco, CA (4 Star Theatre)
  • Los Angeles, CA (Downtown Independent)
If so, you have the chance to go see a one night only, exclusive screening event for Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker on May 24. Plus, the first 100 people to show up at each screening will get a free t-shirt!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabitito 07:

0kgHC.jpg

Obligatory SHAFT joke.

After teasing us into believing that the eternal loli storyline was going to be a two-parter, she's unceremoniously ditched by everyone in the first few minutes and the show decides that the rest of the episode is going to be about the backstory on Hazuki and Hatsumi's yuri relationship. Fine by me.

This ended up being an episode about Hazuki's sexual deviancy. I'm not referring to the yuri, but to the fact that Hazuki apparently gets off to some pretty weird stuff. In the course of a single episode, she
experiences NTR, gets horny watching Hatsumi comb her hair, schlicks to a picture of Hatsumi as a child........twice, and blushes furiously while listening through the wall while Hatsumi takes a shit

Yeah...

cajunator

Banned
Yami and the Hat and the Book Traveler 7

after a few lines of exposition to give the Loli and Tiger something vaguely resembling an ending, we get yuri flashbacks! Bed-kun! Hazuki sure gets off on pretty much anything having to do with Hatsumi, that's for sure! Also there was a random star wars scene for 2 seconds, but I wasn't able to figure out what it was supposed to mean.

I think Hatsumi's wig has slowly been slipping down the back of her head because more and more of her forehead keeps getting exposed.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabitito 07:

After teasing us into believing that the eternal loli storyline was going to be a two-parter, she's unceremoniously ditched by everyone in the first few minutes and the show decides that the rest of the episode is going to be about the backstory on Hazuki and Hatsumi's yuri relationship. Fine by me.

This ended up being an episode about Hazuki's sexual deviancy. I'm not referring to the yuri, but to the fact that Hazuki apparently gets off to some pretty weird stuff. In the course of a single episode, she
experiences NTR, gets horny watching Hatsumi comb her hair, schlicks to a picture of Hatsumi as a child........twice, and blushes furiously while listening through the wall while Hatsumi takes a shit

Yeah...

VICTOLY!!!!

However, now that you're caught up I guess I wont be able to watch the rest with yall because I have a full week of work :(

Ah My Goddess TV S2 10
Well, that's the end of the Peorth arc I guess. Nice to see that Peorth was in the end aiming to get Belldandy and Keiichi closer together, but at this point I think that's the role of literally everyone in the show.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I told you guys it got yuri! Second half is packed full to the brim with yuri.

You weren't kidding.

Strawberry Panic 14

Dammit! While I'm usually all for the prince type girls, I was really hoping Hikari would jump off that boat and pair up with Yaya. But damn Yaya was going all in during that flashback, groping like crazy!

cajunator

Banned
Ah My Goddess TV S2 10

Well, that's the end of the Peorth arc I guess. Nice to see that Peorth was in the end aiming to get Belldandy and Keiichi closer together, but at this point I think that's the role of literally everyone in the show.

Have you watched the movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom