• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accel World 3
tumblr_m2sr1cDN2b1rpgcceo1_500.jpg

Good backstory. First half was great but that second half. No action, combined with me in my cubicle, plus the uninteresting Chiyu, was just not a good combination. Though
BackDoor!!!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Do you live near one of the following city/theater combinations?
  • Edmonton, AB (Metro Cinema)
  • New York, NY (Anthology Film Archives)
  • San Francisco, CA (4 Star Theatre)
  • Los Angeles, CA (Downtown Independent)
If so, you have the chance to go see a one night only, exclusive screening event for Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker on May 24. Plus, the first 100 people to show up at each screening will get a free t-shirt!

One of these cities is not like the other. But then again, maybe BioWare is footing the bill. lol

Ultimadrago

Ultimadrago just hates me, that's all, he pretends to be a bro and then backstabs me at the crucial moments. ;_;

Nonsense, never out of hate! It's out of tough love every time!

One of these cities is not like the other. But then again, maybe BioWare is footing the bill. lol

I await your impressions (and reaction .gifs), firehawk!

The ugly visuals aren't enough to satisfy my hunger!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
note to Hito: I encountered Bed-kun in the last episode of Yami. It was much better than Table-kun.

wonzo

Banned
Guys, is the Bebop the Cowboy movie worth watching?

considering the ending to the TV series, I assume its pretty much an extended episode that takes place sometime during their adventures?
I'll watch the E7 movie if you watch it!
This won't be for a while though until I finish all the terrible crap I'm currently watching.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'll watch the E7 movie if you watch it!
This won't be for a while though until I finish all the terrible crap I'm currently watching.
That avatar...did you lose a bet or something?

Go_Ly_Dow

Sankarea 3

DEEN just passed the 3 episode trial period. Full resurrection has been achieved.

Now officially excited for each episode, especially considering the ending to this episode!

dimb

Sankarea 3

DEEN just passed the 3 episode trial period. Full resurrection has been achieved.

Now officially excited for each episode, especially considering the ending to this episode!
It's probably better to keep expectations tempered with how people have said the manga plays out.

dimb

a 12 or 11 episode anime should be able to avoid those problems.
Well people have said to expect a tone shift with the next episode. It seems inevitable. I would just rather not expect much and hopefully be happy if everything turns out okay.

Master Keaton 25

Even in the desert, Keaton is pretty reliable.

Heartcatch Precure 32-33

Cologne is the only fairy that I don't want to strangle to death.
Too bad he's gone forever.

Heartcatch Precure 34

The reason I'm not including this with the other 2 is because this episode was actually good. A large chunk of the episode was spent fighting with *gasp* well-done and diverse choreography. Yeah, it did fall back on the typical boring technique spam for the finisher, but the fight between
Dark Precure and Moonlight
was quite intense and fast-paced.

Doesn't really make the villains' stupidity any less frustrating though. They should have attacked the Precure the second they got the dark gem.

-Minsc-

My Little Bebop: 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Episode 22
Fortunately, this episode made up for the previous one by being one of the funniest in the show. Andy is clearly a rip off of Lad Russo from Baccano, but I can overlook that since the rest of the episode was good.

Oh man, I laughed. :)

tumblr_lldnidkHSy1qk7bg5o1_r1_500.gif

My take on Bebop.

Cowboy Bebop is the perfect beginner anime. It is the show which taught many people that anime was more than just Pokemon and DBZ. There is a great "mainstream" appeal it. Many will say Bebop is the reason they got in to anime.

For me, this was the first anime I purchased. Coming off DBZ, this show was quite a change as I had never seen anything like it. Nostalgia is certainly biases my view of the series, still, I see my self easily able to revisit the show twenty years from now and not have it feel like a waste of time. I know other shows I like now definitely won't stand the test of time.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yami to Boushi to Tabiabibibi no Hon 8

4e2HD.gif

PVC-voice, those ninjas, the touhou reject character, Hazumi look alikes, the worst editing known to mankind, fox ears and tails, yup, this is Yami alright.

Ultimadrago

Sankarea 3
JlCEW.jpg

Mero is cool beans in my book.

So a princess stuck in a castle. But I find the
father
antagonistic to a "cartoony" degree.
Maybe it's a part of me being untouched by the whole situation, but I don't find him intimidating at all. I just say, "lolwut" when he does his do.

Also,
Furuya didn't call to Rea when he saw her? Why would he do that?

Ah well, decent episode. Will watch the next.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 08:

ixCdp.jpg

Ninjas 1, Abe Lincoln 0

Thank you Hazumi!

But your Hatsumi is in another castle!

Giggly ninja girls, cyborg demons, Touhou reject fox mikos, Hazuki pwning shinsengumi and I don't know what the fuck is going on or where this is even going. I'm at a loss for anything substantial to say whatsoever because shit just happens in a disconnected stream of evens without any kind of logic or buildup or any semblance of direction and I just can't process any of it.

It's sad how Bed-kun is just being used to fill a hole.

Unlike Table-kun, Bed-kun is just sort of facilitating things than having a direct role in any hole-filling.

Articalys

Not even a single episode of one?
Well, among the older ones like Yami at least; I'd need to see the full list again. I guess I did watch through all of Blood-C after all, but I don't know if that counts.
I know it sounds sort of stupid, but if it's not something I think I'd be able to enjoy unironically, I'd rather not bother with it. Not to say I haven't gotten burned with some of my choices anyway though.

survivor

Banned
Am I the only one here who has never watched any of these "infamous" shows?

Don't bother with them either. I have a lot of good anime to watch so I don't need to waste time on bad ones.

edit: does Angel Beats count? Cause I suffered through 2 episodes of it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is how it starts.

First people post reviews, then they make in-jokes you don't understand, and in a final desperate attempt to fit in, you decide to watch the shows everyone's freaking out over all the time.

Next thing you know you're reccing School Days and Angel Beats to every newcomer in AnimeGAF.

sonicmj1

For me the eyecatches are what I like least in the show, stills inbetween do nothing for me. It might have helped if there was some fanfare inbetween.

I agree it's a pretty bland eyecatch taken on its own, but I appreciated the way the soda and creampuff referenced the events that had just happened. And when they're finished after the commercial break, it tells you that upon your return, the jazz session will be over.

It very much tickled my fancy.

Am I the only one here who has never watched any of these "infamous" shows?

I haven't, except for maybe Garzey's Wing. But that was actually sort of fun due to a comically poor dub.

I don't really feel like I'm missing out.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, among the older ones like Yami at least; I'd need to see the full list again. I guess I did watch through all of Blood-C after all, but I don't know if that counts.
I know it sounds sort of stupid, but if it's not something I think I'd be able to enjoy unironically, I'd rather not bother with it. Not to say I haven't gotten burned with some of my choices anyway though.
Save yourself before it's too late!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

For the most part, you want to avoid the more "infamous" recommendations, though a few, like Glass Fleet or Code Geass are legitimately entertaining.

Ultimadrago

Acchi Kocchi 3
this is the chillest anime ever.

6/10!

===========

As for infamous anime for newcomers, Blood C was an anime experience I don't regret having at all. It was different for me and despite all the hoopla I had heard before, my expectations were still penetrated (without lube) in the end. I can't even rate it because I'm still at odds with how miserable/memorable it was.

/Stockholm

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Acchi Kocchi 3

Easily the slickest moeshit show of the season. The second the production values drop is the second I drop this.

Is it really moe? I think there should be a distinction between kawaiishit and moeshit. Acchi Kocchi's more of a lighter Nichijou than anything else.

There's absolutely no fanservice in Acchi Kocchi, for starters.

Defuser

This is how it starts.

First people post reviews, then they make in-jokes you don't understand, and in a final desperate attempt to fit in, you decide to watch the shows everyone's freaking out over all the time.

Next thing you know you're reccing School Days and Angel Beats to every newcomer in AnimeGAF.
I haven't fell into gaf infamous hype yet but always coincidentally happen to watch the shows they make fun of most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom