• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Eureka Seven AO 2

KRN25.jpg

Still liking the show. The color palette helps, pops right into my pupils. The main character is alright so far, I don't hate him, but don't love him. Kid's alright.

Not feeling the OP though, it's rather average in visual execution and the song isn't one I'd write home about either, but that's a side note I suppose.

Looking forward to the next (until it kicks me off the boat due to skipping series!).

I'd take several if they weren't $37 each.

Yeah, I would get one myself, kinda like it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The best thing about watching Ano Natsu is getting to enjoy the suffering of Kanna fans.

Honestly I think I was the only Kanna fan who WASN'T bitter about how it all ended. Mainly because while I like Kanna as a character, she brought about her own misery.

I always get friendzones, so that's probably why I associate with those character types.
Just how it is. My lot in life.
a little penguin, foreveralone.

I've always been friendzoned too, I know the feels.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Accel World 3

The concept of the Brain Burst world is interesting,
with the six different factions and all,
and the explanation as to why it remains a secret is actually pretty sensible.

As for the girl's hopes... It's already pretty clear that she'll end up facing a sad, nihilistic revelation when it's all said and done.

Taku's such a bro.

And dat short cable.

Tsuritama 2

The novelty of the art style have already worn off for me, so I hope we get to see some more interesting locales to keep it relevant. I still really like Yuki's facial expressions though.

The OP is pretty cool.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Rick's Bread 02:

rbHoDl.jpg

Nothing like the face of a girl who's just seen your bread first thing in the morning.

Everyone already capped all of the good euphemisms, so there's not much left to say. It was kind of dickish for Rick and co. to only warn people about the storm when they buy bread in the store, but it worked out in the end. Everyone's found themselves a pretty damned good island because their "storm of the century" wasn't as bad as shit that most of the temperate world gets on a regular basis.

You've really got to make the most of the bread jokes or this show is unbearably slow and boring as fuck. I reeeeeeally hope the
shift to srs action next week
doesn't kill the bread references.

Brazil

Rick's Bread 02:

You've really got to make the most of the bread jokes or this show is unbearably slow and boring as fuck. I reeeeeeally hope the
shift to srs action next week
doesn't kill the bread references.

I wouldn't worry. They'll always need Rick's Bread to
replenish their health.

jbug617

Banned
Acchi Kocchi 3

Another solid episode especially the second part. I wonder if the cast in second part will play a bigger role in the series.

duckroll

You know, there's something I realized about Watanabe. Somehow he has never had a title distributed by the same US license holder twice, and he has only worked with the same animation studio twice once in his entire directorial career.

Macross Plus - Triangle Staff - Manga USA
Cowboy Bebop TV - Sunrise - Bandai Entertainment
Cowboy Bebop Movie - BONES - Sony Pictures
Animatrix - Studio 4C - Warner Brothers
Samurai Champloo - Manglobe - Geneon USA
Genius Party - Studio 4C - No US release
Kids on the Slope - MAPPA/Tezuka Productions - Sentai

He sure gets around. :p

RurouniZel

You know, there's something I realized about Watanabe. Somehow he has never had a title distributed by the same US license holder twice, and he has only worked with the same animation studio twice once in his entire directorial career.

Watanabe is the anime community bicycle.

I don't see it either. It's almost like people nitpick every detail of that hsow just because they already hate it. I can nitpick certain parts of it because it certainly has problems, but for me its no deal breaker. Maybe I'm just used to watching Cg'ish anime. I mean hell, I bought Polyphonica and all you have to do is watch the infamous car chase cene to know it has major problems. But it was still fun. I mean shit, I could point out some significant flaws in many of Gaf' beloved shows, but that doesnt make them awful. I never expect perfection in anime. I fully expect to see problems and flaws, due to the often rushed budget cutting nature of the business. Its necessary evil.

It all depends on how closely you're looking for CG errors. Well, and what you think of bright lighting, of course. As I said I have no problem with Angel Beats' bright lighting. As for the occasional visual issues though (hands, etc.), some of them I can see, but that's really minor stuff, not really worth remarking on. As you say, lots of animes have stuff like that, without the degree of criticism AB gets. As I've said I really think people are looking for problems to complain about.

Why just dislike a show if you can hate it?
But saying things in absolutes like that is more often inaccurate than not...

I prefer equivocation whenever reasonable, myself.

nonononono!

Is it so hard to accept that other people are simply more discerning than you are and do not actually possess some ulterior motive in "nitpicking"* shows that you like?

The difference between, say, Angel Beats and "many of GAF's beloved shows" is that I'm assuming those actually have significant redeeming qualities and maybe even get creative with a low budget, whereas the creators of Angel Beats took an apparently large budget and shat out something sub-par in basically every aspect.

AB has more redeeming qualitites than plenty of the shows you're probably referring to from any objective basis. The only reason to disagree is personal opinion.

Of course, personal opinion IS a reason to disagree, but at least admit that's the reason. I think it's important to try to be able to tell the difference between disliking something because it's genuinely bad, and because it's something good but that you dislike. Of course at times telling that difference is hard, but I always try, because it's the right thing to do... one of the things I find most frustrating about these arguments is that so many people on the other side absolutely refuse to do that, and pretend that AB is objectively one of the worst things ever or something, which is simply false by any measure.

So yeah, nothing you say in that third paragraph is even remotely true.

*pro-tip: bad writing and ugly visuals are not nitpicking, they are basic issues of competence
The writing's good, and one of the show's main strengths as with everything from Key (I know you hate it, but that doesn't make it badly written, just not your thing at all), but as for visuals, apart from the lighting, which was a clear (and fine) design decision, the rest of the stuff that's been mentioned here is very definitely far into the realm of nitpicking.

I don't care if people like Keyshit though. That's certainly their right. I do care when people insist I'm not allowed to discuss my dislike for Keyshit just because they like it. Try to follow the conversation here please.
And I care when people try to say that Key's writing is objectively bad, or that they make terrible shows that everyone should hate, or things like that.

Edit - I looked back and in the bit I quoted cajun admits he does not really care about flaws - if other people do, that makes him less discerning by definition. This is basic reading comprehension. It's like you ignored the context of my post so you could get offended about your taste in Keyshit being insulted (which, actually, didn't happen) and go off on a rant about Meguca. Jesus.
I don't know about Cajun's case in specific, but I do think that people are more likely to overlook flaws in things they like, and see more problems in things they dislike. It only makes sense, really.

Well, then get into the inherent issues with the plot. What's wrong with it? Keyshit just has to do with the kind of sometimes overwrought melodrama that can come out of their scenarios; unabashed and blatant heatstring pulling. Clearly you don't like that. That's fine. But I can tell you why in many ways Keyshit is objectively brilliant writing in its execution and how Angel Beat's pacing is a textbook case of how to do it right.
Absolutely true, yes. And you're entirely right about Key's writing as well -- Key has very good writers who do a great job. Their writing is far better tan the writing in most anime. Like that style or not, but what people say about them here is unfair.

And you still missed it. My point was that what you're saying can be taken one way or another if you're not careful. I read the previous Angel Beats conversation, and all I got out of it was purple Haruhi and some out of context in-between frames that doesn't show what the show looks like in motion. It really is nitpicking if that's what you have against Angel Beats. While they're certainly issues, they're superficial issues, issues that can be looked past, and if you don't like Keyshit, well, that's a good reason to not like the show. However, it's also a highly subjective reason to since Keyshit seems hit or miss.

There are plenty of things in Angel Beats to discuss and debate. There are plenty of themes, choices, ideas, plot progressions, narrative structures, and framing devices that we can go into depth about. Why focus on the QUALITY in between that most don't notice?
I don't know, but I assume because the Key haters only want to see the bad things in Key's work, and refuse to acknowledge that any good elements could even exist.

I know there are plenty of kinds of anime I dislike, but I don't know if there's anything mainstream that I could hate to that degree... it just doesn't make sense.

And yeah, I already agreed about the visual issues that have been pointed out being nitpicking.

If you're going to try and defend Angel Beats then at least post the shows key highlight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMD1bT8miUw
The highlight is the main story, not the comedy, though. I mean, some of the comedy was funny enough, but Key's best at drama, and it does show.

Frankly, that discussion seemed kind of pointless. I mean, yes, I think the show is ugly and the lighting is garish but whatever, the visuals are the LEAST of the show's problems.
I was glad to see that a good number of people agreed with me on this issue.

I think there's a fine line. When someone hates on something you like it's only natural to get defensive to an extent. And that's not a bad thing, that kind of defensive posturing is what leads to debate and discourse. Ideally some sort of compromise would be reached or the parties involved would just make an implicit agreement to just leave the others be. Agree to disagree etc.

I say it's a fine line cause it's very easy to go from defensive argumentation to petty bickering where nothing gets discussed and nothing gets resolved. I sure have been guilty of that more than I would like to say...
Good points here indeed, and you're right. The first paragraph is what debates should be, and the second is what they sadly sometimes become. I certainly would rather that they were more like the former than the latter.

I'm specifically talking about people complaining that others state their opinions as fact. Short of my saying "Angel Beats is objectively bad," it's just being willfully obtuse and/or overly defensive. Am I seriously going to be expected to tag everything I say with IMO when it's pretty obvious it's an opinion?

It's a ridiculous line of thought. IMO.

And none of this has anything to do with what I was trying to communicate to cajun, honestly.
I can understand how the strength of those "AB is so terrible" statements would lead someone to believe that you mean it objectively, sure... there's no hint that you don't. I do somewhat understand -- I've certainly been blamed with that kind of thing before, not saying "in my opinion" on things that I think are clearly statements of opinion and not fact so I don't need to say it -- but yeah, sometimes you do need to specify which it is. Sometimes it's obvious, sure, sometimes it isn't.

Instro

Maybe he'll go PA Works next.

RurouniZel

Acchi Kocchi 03:

This show continues to feed my ever present need for unbelievably adorable Tsumiki and her incredibly cute crush on Io. It's too bad real life doesn't have relationships as adorably perfect as Tsumiki and Io, the world would be a much happier and better place. :D

Hahahahahahaha, this is great, but no. AB has more than a few minor issues, and you loving it doesn't change that. It's a terrible show. I hope you're not recommending it to people.

You liking it is one think, but making others suffer through that atrocity is wrong.

You may or may not want to admit being a part of it, but it's exactly this kind of insanely overdone attack that I mean when I say that animegaf has something against Key.

Hmm, I guess. But the way ABF talks about it, if he recommended it to me like that and I actually watched it because of him, I'd want to find a way to get him permabanned to pay him back. That's be the only way I could consider us even.
You see? You're proving my point yet again! That's beyond crazy.

I don't mind the animeGAF label, but I had 13 posts in the last thread. Keep that animeGAF hivemind bullshit to yourself. I hate AB because it's a bad show. That's all there is to it.
Well your above statement was actually more extremist than most anything I've seen said about the thread, at least in this thread, so maybe you can claim some credibility as being original by being even more extreme in your hate than the other people here who dislike Key...

If you like it, that's fine. But it's still a terrible show. There's nothing wrong with liking terrible shows, if all you're gonna do is like it. When you start proclaiming it as a great, or even good show, when it's obviously an ill-made piece of trash, you're gonna have people disagreeing with your opinion.
It is in no way terrible in the ways that matter the most -- story, writing, characters, plot, action, comedy, etc. It is okay to great in every one of those categories, and terrible in nothing.

I mean, sure, there's nothing wrong with watching, or liking, bad anime. But Key drama is good anime, and one of the better things the industry does to get us away from the bad anime that indeed is far too common... Key evokes emotion and feeling in its anime like few others I've seen.

Ok ABF, I'll bite. The show has overwrought drama and really ugly visuals.

Visuals I think have been argued about enough (ie, unless you mostly mean that you hate the lighting, I really disagree because the other issues pointed out are minor stuff.), but as for the drama being overwrought, that criticism of course I can understand -- Key's thing is indeed borderline overwrought drama. If you don't like that, you certainly won't like Key.

To be fair, A LOT of people like it.
Indeed. I know there are other people on GAF other than me who like their stuff a lot, too, they're just not willing to argue so much against the critics... understandable. (for instance, AB finished high in the 2010 "best anime" thread here.)

I actually liked Clannad a lot at times. Most of the KyoAni Key shows though suffer from pacing problems.
Clannad's my least favorite Key anime... somehow I just can't bring myself to care about it as much as I do the others. I know, I'm sure it's all subjective stuff, but yeah, AB and Kanon are my favorites of theirs, Air is in the middle, and Clannad is last.

It's also poorly paced (for example - an uninteresting, barely resolved subplot is brought up 2 or 3 episodes from the end when it should be engaging us with the central conflict, which also happens to be the only remotely interesting one)
There are too many characters for every one to have a great story in only 14 episodes, but I did find some of the sub-stories in the episodes interesting, sure. I do like when a series has a central, continuing plot, but they did a reasonable job of both following it while also having some other stuff here and there.

and suffers from completely flat characters all with a predictable, token "tragic" past.
Well of course, tragic pasts and presents is what Key does. The only difference here is that EVERY character this time has a tragic past; in past Key shows, it was sometimes only some of them that do.

I'm not convinced that the timeline offered by the ending for the three main characters makes any sense whatsoever.
I think this has been discussed before sometime, but yeah, if you are talking about what I think you are, obviously someone was held for a while somewhere else so that they could appear in that order... it's not impossible to reconcile, but it probably doesn't perfectly line up without something like that. But given the setting something like that is possible, I'd think.

The tonal shifts between almost always unfunny & awkward comedy, SERIOUS DRAMA, and random concert scenes (ok, those were kind of tolerable?) are handled horribly jarringly every single time and gives the impression that the show has no idea what it wants to be and, instead of picking one thing and sticking to it (even generic KEY VN drama is better tbh) it whiplashes all over the place for the worse.
The concept with AB was clearly "Key drama, but with action and comedy too", and that's what it achieves. I think that it's a model of how to do tone shifts right, and that the mixture of drama and serious actually fits really well, but for someone who dislikes tone shifts, sure, it could well be jarring.

I do think that they came up with the perfect setting for a tone-shift-heavy series, though. I mean, they actually came up with an excuse for why the characters could have regular comedy parts, get shot at, AND have tragic drama sections, all in the same series, and without constant retcons or "how can they be so happy despite the tragedy?" stuff like something like Another has all the time. They actually came up with a setting that explains away that conundrum.

Clearly you dislike the results anyway because of disliking the mood changes even if the setting explains why they can be there; I can see that, I guess, yeah, but they did put some thought into it. Oh, also, I will admit that the comedy isn't always the best, but it's not Key's forte so they were probably new at it... and it is funny sometimes, anyway, though not always.

And did we mention it's fugly as hell?
It's not, but whatever.

I found not-Haruhi really offensive as fuck because you know she looks and acts like that specifically because of Haruhi. Its like, yeah sure steal ideas and designs but don't be THAT blatant about it.
She looks like Haruhi, but she does not, in fact, act like her beyond the superficial beginnings of the series.

You're trying to help your case here right? Cause that sentence does the exact opposite.
Eh, animes very frequently have some kind of unreal elements to them, so Key's in plenty of company in having supernatural elements in their series, that's for sure... sure, some of Key's supernatural stuff is kind of odd, but given the kind of stuff you often find in anime, I don't think it's TOO odd in comparison to other works.

Yeah, just gonna completely disagree there.
Nobody else does tragedy anime as good as Key. They just don't.

There's no logical process to anything that happens in the show. That isn't being "unexpected", that's being stupid and confusing. Hell, I'm sitting here trying to rebut you and I'm realizing that I never actually understood the plot to this show and trying to organize in my mind what happened, why it happened, and what any of that shit has to do with anything is just leaving me confused again. That shouldn't happen!
It was all clearly thought out ahead of time, though, as I explain in some of my replies above... (read that stuff too) I agree that the series is confusing at times, yes, but it DOES mostly explain itself by the end. The important questions are eventually answered, even if it's pretty confusing at times along the way. There are plenty of animes that are confusing at least some of the time, and yet good anyway, so I don't think being confusing rules it out. How about my #1 overall favorite anime ever, Lain... that's very confusing until the end for sure!

I'm going to break character for a moment because I need to point something out. As much as I disliked the show, there was something there, some semblance of competency among the pile of nonsense that popped its head out for a short while before digging itself underground for good. I'm talking about the
Yui episode
, which is by far the best episode of the show and the only episode that left a lasting impression on me outside of confusion or apathy. It wasn't scatterbrained, poorly paced, or nonsensical like the rest of the show. There was actual focus. A structured narrative that had a beginning, middle, and end. Events that followed a theme, which incidentally was the same theme that the rest of the show had tried and failed to follow. The humor was standard stuff, but didn't clash with what the story was trying to do as a whole. And a concluding act that, combined with the rest of the episode, managed to make
Yui's
situation genuinely sympathetic. And then of course they ruined that in the final minutes by crossing the line from "sympathetic and thought-provoking" to "overwrought and cheesy" but damnit, they almost pulled something off there! THAT was what the show should have been all along. It wouldn't have been as erm... "unique" as it ended up being, but at least it would be watchable. At least there would be a point. At least it wouldn't give me a reason to hate everything about it and maybe I would be able to pay attention to what it was doing without me having to do a thesis in my head to understand the story.
I think there was more than one episode with effective drama, but yeah, Key was trying something different here, with substantial comic and action elements as well as the usual tragic drama. I do think they did a good job with it, but sure, they probably could do even better given another chance at it... the comedy could have been a bit better, more of the characters could have used more attention (or it could have had a smaller cast), etc. I don't think that Angel Beats is perfect, just quite good. It's not perfect.

Also, you didn't like the central plot, about
the MC and Kanade
? That's too bad...

I'll be fair and say I don't know how that would have turned out, because
I had already known beforehand that Kanade was the "main girl". How couldn't I with all the awareness the show generated over the past two years?
I followed it as it first aired, so that was definitely not the case for me. And it was certainly a surprise, and helped make the show more interesting.

It's too bad so many people spoil that part, it works better as a surprise than if you know what happens...

ABF, maybe i missed it
but you didn't explain what was generic about Eureka 7
You're right, that part kind of got dropped in favor of arguing over AB... maybe I'll respond to those posts too, a bit later.

wonzo

Banned
It's not really "super bad" so much as just extremely disappointing coming from the director of Sword of the Stranger. :p
well, that's a shame given how great Sword of the Stranger was. :(

fake edit: oh, it looks like mari okada's credited as the writer for it. lol

jman2050

Also, you didn't like the central plot, about
the MC and Kanade
? That's too bad...

How could I?
The two didn't even know each other and they barely interacted with each other in any meaningful way even when the spotlight shifted to the two of them. The whole heart thing is a pretty weak justification in my mind. Honestly, that particular twist may have worked better if there were no romance at all involved. Actually, it may have still worked as is if Kanade were not literally characterless.

I don't know how many times I can stress this. How can I care about a romance where one party receives no character development whatsoever and the other is given no reason to care other than "there must be a love story, so they magically love each other after... something happens!"

Additionally, making that the central plot was one of the main problems, because the
love story is completely irrelevant to anything else that happens in the story.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sengoku Collection 03:

The historical Uesugi Kenshin is theorized to have died from stomach cancer due to excessive drinking and described his entire life's glories as equaling "a cup of sake" in value on his deathbed.

Sengoku Collection Kenshin chugs down beer in her sexy jammies a la Misato.

The historical Naoe Kanetsugu intervened in a planned assassination attempt against Toyotomi Hideyoshi.

Sengoku Collection Kanetsugu nags Kenshin about her salt intake in the middle of the night.

So, about the actual episode, WHAT THE FUCK WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE SEVERE KEYFACE THIS EPISODE. It was a shit episode already and the yuri in the previous episode's PV was total false advertising, but what could have possibly inspired the animators to derpify the characters' faces to the extreme? It was horrifying.

I do have to give Brains Base credit where credit is due, though. In spite of everything about this show's premise and characters being the dried crusty fungus scrapings harvested deep from within the wrinkles in anime's ballsack, these guys are making a desperate effort to keep things visually interesting on some level. I was really impressed with some of the backgrounds and set pieces this episode, and really I credit these with giving me enough distraction to be able to make it through the episode. Here are the best:

Not bad at all, really.

Brazil

Brain's Base's the king of backgrounds. I wouldn't expect any less from them.

But, really, that's the only redeeming quality of Sengoku Collection.

So, about the actual episode, WHAT THE FUCK WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE SEVERE KEYFACE THIS EPISODE.

Seriously.

Ultimadrago

(Sengoku Collection)

I was too busy noticing the hideous character designs again...and again...and again.

The explosions in Eureka AO would make Micheal Bay explode with envy
Eureka 7 AO Episode 2 spoilers

That
first Secret's destruction
would make even him roll his eyes!

I was too busy being disinterested in whatever the hell was going on in Sengoku Collection to pay attention to the background. I guess I should look at that now.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
What the hell.

That first one is literally just the Mosaic effect from Photoshop slapped onto the background. I don't think I've ever seen something so blatantly lazy.

trejo

Sankarea 2-3

Y'know, this is something I would qualify as well above average regardless of the studio behind it. It makes me think the Shaft guy either has a real dedication to the source material and wants to do everything in his power to see it done right or he's one of those crazy perfectionist workaholic types. Whatever the case, the amount of effort put in this is definitely showing through and is, of course, much appreciated. I really hope he can keep riding that high for the duration of the show.

Just compare the visually interesting backgrounds from Sengoku Collection posted above to the bland looking shit from Angel Beats!:

At least those Angel Beats shots have good sense of atmosphere, though. I like the atmospheric tone in those shots quite a bit. (The second one probably more so than the first).

As for Sengoku Collection, I haven't watched it, but those shots aren't the kind of thing I think of when I think of great background art in anime. I'd think of Sora no Woto, or something, not that (SnW had great backgrounds...). I guess those are different (modernist), but... eh. That bridge design is kind of interesting, though, I guess. I find the two hard to compare, however -- that's modern-art-design, with no atmosphere, while Angel Beats has quite generic scenery, with a strong sense of atmosphere. Two quite different styles.

Jintor

I got my PS3 Flex media server working, but wireless is too slow to watch ANYTHING. :T

Gonna get a line splitter and plug it right into the wired network...

At least those Angel Beats shots have good sense of atmosphere, though. I like the atmospheric tone in those shots quite a bit. (The second one probably more so than the first).

As for Sengoku Collection, I haven't watched it, but those shots aren't the kind of thing I think of when I think of great background art in anime. I'd think of Sora no Woto, or something, not that (SnW had great backgrounds...). I guess those are different (modernist), but... eh. That bridge design is kind of interesting, though, I guess. I find the two hard to compare, however -- that's modern-art-design, with no atmosphere, while Angel Beats has quite generic scenery, with a strong sense of atmosphere. Two quite different styles.

Yeah, I don't understand the praise for Sengoku. The bridge has an interesting form but the pictures look flat with just few details.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Strawberry Panic 15

Seriously, it's like they turned the Yuri dial to max since episode 14.

And Shion's forehead is huuuge.

survivor

Banned
Kimi ni Todoke 3

Poor Sadako, they only talk her to get answers. The life of a loner nerd at high school :( And it looks like our first big misunderstanding is right around the corner.
One thing I don't like so far is these shoujo flowery style they use sometimes. Doesn't look too good and feels weird most of the times.

Cwarrior

That's a funny way to talk about the best eye catch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ondivpNj4XA

Jk?Was that meant to be a good eyecatch?those kids shouting hurt my ears, can't stand hearing it every break.

Here's an example of good eye catch
rtsp://v3.cache5.c.youtube.com/CjgLENy73wIaLwkeu59Rr4tNYBMYESARFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSB3Jlc3VsdHNghIef5KX4-sZPDA==/0/0/0/video.3gp

Not sure if link works posting from my phone, to tell what it is the one piece eyecatch the one with an eye catch for all 9 crew members with there theme tracks and personal items that relate to them.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Medaka Box 03:

zzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz

I really want to drop this, but I feel like I should continue on the off chance that it's more than 12 episodes. Marathoning this excruciatingly dull episodic shit all at once is more painful than a once-a-week dose, so I'm going to do what's ultimately easier and just stick with it week by week. If it ends at twelve episodes, I accept that the gamble failed and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom