• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dusk Maiden 6

HHsgx.jpg

Wow. They took the Akahito story and made it thousand times better. Masterful adaptation of an already good mini-arc in the manga. I think this alone elevates the show above the first 3 episodes of Sankarea as dead moe show of the season. Seriously, really fuckin good.

The students were even more scary here. The irony was so much better defined than in the manga, it's crazy.

Articalys

Dusk Maiden 6

Wow. They took the Akahito story and made it thousand times better. Masterful adaptation of an already good mini-arc in the manga. I think this alone elevates the show above the first 3 episodes of Sankarea as dead moe show of the season. Seriously, really fuckin good.

The students were even more scary here. The irony was so much better defined than in the manga, it's crazy.
Man, now I'm getting worried that this is going to be a series where I need to have read the manga in order to fully appreciate it.

Man, now I'm getting worried that this is going to be a series where I need to have read the manga in order to fully appreciate it.

I kind of wish I didn't thanks to this episode. Had I experienced the story along with the direction for the first time, it would have been so much better.

It might be good to read the manga when the show ends though because it's going to have a premature/original ending.

Articalys

I kind of wish I didn't for this episode. Had I experienced the story along with the direction for the first time, it would have been so much better.

It might be good to read the manga when the show ends though because it's going to have a premature/original ending.
Episode 6 almost made me put it on my "on-hold" list, to be marathoned once it's finished and I can read impressions of the full season, but having watched this episode super late while tired (among a few other factors) means I might be exaggerating the negatives right now. At the core I guess I just didn't like how the focus drifted away from the main four characters for now, so if it goes back to them after this I should be fine.

Really, I probably just went overkill trying to load up on shows this season and burned out after all the other great stuff this weekend.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dusk Maiden 6

If only she was added to the harem!
(Also, Shaft saving anime!)

Contingent? If you look up Saki fanworks, Hisa/Mihoko absolutely DOMINATES it. I'll bet a majority of Saki doujins are Hisa/Mihoko...
Yeah, a HxM blog was the first hit on Google and the yuri aggregator I go to was basically 90% HxM. Go figure, considering they only meet each other like three times in the anime. Yuri needs to be subtle!

Episode 6 almost made me put it on my "on-hold" list, to be marathoned once it's finished and I can read impressions of the full season, but having watched this episode super late while tired (among a few other factors) means I might be exaggerating the negatives right now. At the core I guess I just didn't like how the focus drifted away from the main four characters for now, so if it goes back to them after this I should be fine.

Really, I probably just went overkill trying to load up on shows this season and burned out after all the other great stuff this weekend.

Nothing wrong with not liking the episode. I just happened to like it a lot.

But yeah, I kind of feel burned out too. I mean I'm following 22 shows while trying to juggle at least something resembling an actual life.

cajunator

Banned
Nothing wrong with not liking the episode. I just happened to like it a lot.

But yeah, I kind of feel burned out too. I mean I'm following 22 shows while trying to juggle at least something resembling an actual life.

I also managed to finish Yami and get halfway through Code Geass R2 as well as 12 episodes into Sailor Moon. For me thats major progress!

sonicmj1

Wasurenagumo

I had a lot of fun with this. It was a nice compact one-off, and it did a pretty good job of balancing contrasting tones.

Even without highlighting spoilers, I could tell by people's reactions that something bad was going to happen, so the end didn't bother me as much as it might have otherwise. It gives the whole thing a sort of dark, strange old fairy tale vibe that I kind of like, even if (or because) it doesn't quite make sense.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wasurenagumo

I had a lot of fun with this. It was a nice compact one-off, and it did a pretty good job of balancing contrasting tones.

Even without highlighting spoilers, I could tell by people's reactions that something bad was going to happen, so the end didn't bother me as much as it might have otherwise. It gives the whole thing a sort of dark, strange old fairy tale vibe that I kind of like, even if (or because) it doesn't quite make sense.

One word for everyone: Grimm.

/XX/

A little late on posting this here, but they really ended up showing a very short preview of Giant God Warrior Appears in Tokyo at the end of NTV's Friday Road SHOW! movie block:

巨神兵番組宣伝
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW7i6fj_ZJw

Poor things have so bad fame! Think about how spiders will always be pretty beneficial for controlling some insects population, avoiding pests on natural areas. And they are usually defending their territory when they have harmed humans... and also look pretty cool! And, yes... even cute!

Iker Casillas is at least five times sexier than Cristiano Ronaldo, come the fuck on.
Have you just seen Mr. Casillas with the typical 'gorra de chulapo' at today's reception for the club organized by the city council of Madrid? Sexy beast indeed!

How can you be visually pretentious? Nisemonogatari is just a visually slapdash mess, like the show before it.
I wouldn't use that word, but for many it would seem that they are trying to cram what they think is a visual message on every image composition and background, ready to analyze. What I see is that they are having fun, trying to amalgamate this geometrical backgrounds and ready-to-use assets around the characters to deviate the attention from these.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Which is offset by the fact that he's an utter twat! Erika shouldn't set his sights on such a bad boy. Iker is a family man and someone you can depend on; Cristiano Ronaldo is a gigolo.

Also: one has won a World Cup and the other hasn't. Think about it.

I'm just saying that it's easy to see how her pure maiden heart would fall for Ronaldo.

Is this the new waifu thing? She needs to like the same soccer player as you do?

Waifus are serious business, as I'm sure you already know.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia 6

Woooow.

Yeah, we've crossed the line. Not only this is a full-on SHAFT show now, but it's also been established as a great show. While Sankarea fell from grace after the third episode (I'm still enjoying it, though), this show has gotten increasingly better week after week. Quite the surprise, specially after that terrible debut.

So many stylish, awesome shots in this episode. And the plot had an interesting, Another-esque tone, too.
Too bad there were no pointy umbrellas around to hurt those asshole kids.
Now that we've been through this, hopefully they can jump ahead and make the kids face that "real" ghost they've been teasing since forever.

I guess some of you missed the info when it was first released?

Yeah, and remember, this is going to running alongside Sengoku Collection in summer, two Genderbent Sengoku shows at the same time! We are not worthy.

but Oda Nobuna has something what you could call an art style.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
AKB0048 3

BWAHAHAHA.

Oh, the glory. It's too much.

The "idol training", the suffering, the CG dancing, the mech fighting... This is truly a show on a different level.

Let's all just give in to the AITAKATTA YES.

Defuser

Phi Brain ep 6
Girl must have serious issues to behold a grudge like that. What other goofy reasons will the other members have for hatin on Kaito.

Ultimadrago

AKB0048 3

R7qhD.jpg

"You will do your pushups and you will like them! DO WE UNDERSTAND, MS.GRUMBLY?! GOOD!...Now drop and give me 60, soldier!"

"Dodger! (Chieri) Keep your maggots in line!"

"Yuuka! You will not steal lines from, Dodger!"

"Sonata! My granmama can eat forty-eight times more steak! Those CG mechs will blow you out of this stratosphere if you lay off on your protein!"

duckroll

k0EP0.jpg

AKB0048 3

We are witnessing something special.

[AKB0048] - 3

Truly, a story that will bring tears to your eyes. This is at least twice as good as the last episode.

A serious contender for show of the season.

AKB0048 3

LOUll.png

I should have never doubted this show. Friggin' amazing episode out of nowhere.

AKB0048 3

oh my god. WE ARE NOT WORTHY

AKB0048 - 03

Microphones, Comraderie and Saving Private Ryan... wait wut!?

This show is amazing.

AKB0048 3

FbCfd.jpg

BWAHAHAHA.

Oh, the glory. It's too much.

The "idol training", the suffering, the CG dancing, the mech fighting... This is truly a show on a different level.

Let's all just give in to the AITAKATTA YES.

AKB0048 3

R7qhD.jpg

"You will do your pushups and you will like them! DO WE UNDERSTAND MS.GRUMBLY?! GOOD!...Now drop and give me 60, soldier!"

"Dodger! (Chieri) Keep your maggots in line!"

"Yuuka! You will not steal lines from, Dodger!"

"Sonata! My grandmama can eat more steak! Those CG mechs will blow you out of this stratosphere if you lay off on your protein!"

npE9y.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
MGX 6

God damn Urabe's smile is a deadly weapon.
One of the more interesting things about episode six in particular, was that it focused more on the way Urabe felt than the main character. I don't think he even got to drink any spit on screen.

Queen's Blade 3
vwjyo.jpg

Not as great as the first two episodes, but it wasn't bad. I think I prefer Tomoe to Leina. Their really wasn't much fighting in this episode beyond the oil wrestling, but the next episode looks like it'll make up for it.
Wait i'm not following queen blade rebellion plot ,
but since when did tomoe get her sight back ?
Yes i care about queen blade plot !!

maybe i should start Rebellion , then ...

duckroll

http://blood-c-movie.jp/newsblog/

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Before the Blood-C movie starts in June, they're going to run recap specials for the TV series at the end of May! This two-part recap special is also going to have new scenes showing the SECRET behind our favorite character! The brave glasses boy who got SO FRIENDZONED by Saya! :D

survivor

Banned
Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou 2

Oh Natsume how I missed you. Always love the atmosphere and the music of the series. Sets the mood perfectly. Episode was great and while the ending was predictable
he is snow, she is hot, they gonna hug it out
, I still liked it.

I'm still mad about the new OP. It's growing on me but it doesn't compare to the first one.

trejo

I tried watching the first episode of FujikoLupin last night and kinda sorta fell asleep. Admittedly, I was pretty tired but still!

Makoto

Hyouka 4

We didn't see anything new emerge about the characters in this episode aside from the superficial. Chitanda is still loaded with money and is wife-material. Fukube is still flamboyant as ever. Ibara still has a bit of a temper. Oreki is still conserving,
solving mysteries and getting the praise.
This episode really exhausted its use of on-screen text. It didn't really serve an artistic purpose. It felt like a cop-out more than anything.

So this week's mystery may not have been solved. I don't really know what to think. Perhaps students in the 60s Japan would label someone a legend for boycotting something boring in the name of preserving culture fair days. Maybe not. I can't tell with this show because what students in Japan consider blackmail-worthy (as evidenced by episode 3) completely differs from what my Western school life would dictate.
I'm actually very curious as to what Japanese viewers think of Hyouka (aside from the pre-order charts).

Anyway, I'd like to see the crew step on some toes to solve some mysteries for a change. Episode 3 was nearly there in that regard because we got some genuine conflict between characters. This episode was so dominated by the mystery itself that I felt like I was watching a mock trial club go over a practice session.
This episode was just everyone putting their hands at their sides and saying to Oreki, "Oh you!"

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Wait i'm not following queen blade rebellion plot , but since when did tomoe get her sight back ?

Yes i care about queen blade plot !!

maybe i should start Rebellion , then ...
Yes...I care about the "plot" in Queen's Blade too.
She hasn't shown up in Rebellion yet as far as I can tell.

Hyouka 4

So this week's mystery may not have been solved. I don't really know what to think. Perhaps students in the 60s Japan would label someone a legend for boycotting something boring in the name of preserving culture fair days. Maybe not. I can't tell with this show because what students in Japan consider blackmail-worthy (as evidenced by episode 3) completely differs from what my Western school life would dictate.
I'm actually very curious as to what Japanese viewers think of Hyouka (aside from the pre-order charts).

This episode was just everyone putting their hands at their sides and saying to Oreki, "Oh you!"

I think its been informative on JPN at least,
still baffled at how some of these really simple things are actually punished strictly there, still cant wrap my head around the person being expelled just for leading a NONVIOLENT protest/boycott...

Makoto

I think its been informative on JPN at least,
still baffled at how some of these really simple things are actually punished strictly there, still cant wrap my head around the person being expelled just for leading a NONVIOLENT protest/boycott...
I agree, when they adjourned,
I was really surprised that they stopped there and declared it solved. Meanwhile I'm sitting there asking myself, "Well, how did he get expelled then? There's no way that's the reason."
So now I'm left confused because maybe this is a cultural thing that I'm not understanding.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon R 53
ehfBD.jpg

The dangers of teenage pregnancy

Mamoru and Usagi volunteer to take care of a baby after the youma cardigan starts attacking nurseries. This episode was filled with heartwarming moments
like when the baby pissed on An - twice.

UWPQG.jpg

So yeah, not Sailor Moon's strongest moment.

hhWsg.jpg

Babby's first disco

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://blood-c-movie.jp/newsblog/

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Before the Blood-C movie starts in June, they're going to run recap specials for the TV series at the end of May! This two-part recap special is also going to have new scenes showing the SECRET behind our favorite character! The brave glasses boy who got SO FRIENDZONED by Saya! :D

Can't believe nobody is talking about this great news! Blood-C is the best show ever!

Two-part recap is exactly how long Blood-C should have been in the first place.

survivor

Banned
Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou 3

Ah yes,
hot spring episode in a fujoshi bait anime. Too bad the fanservice only amounted to seeing a man's back, I was expecting more

What exactly does exorcism by Natori actually mean? Does he kill the youkai or is he just purifying them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom