• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just not
the person that's actually curious
, apparently!
Girl was KILL IT WITH FIRE from the get-go but the guy couldn't hear her over his HNNNNNNNNNNNNGing.

She
was curious about the contents of the book, and was the one who broke the seal and unleashed the spider into the world.

Upotte!! 4
AJfVD.jpg
They like to reintroduce the main girls a lot on this show, but I just love hearing about the history of the guns. It's probably my favorite part of the show besides the tits. A lot of the episode was just set up for the next episode, but I think it did its job pretty well. Can't wait for the next episode!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smart one?
She's the one who lets the spider escape in the first place. She also ties the spider webs around the central pillar of the house, leading to its destruction.

I don't think that anyone would have actually expected a youkai to emerge from a sealed book, so I don't hold that against her.

And if the guy would have actually taken her advice to dispose of the spider, nothing else would have occurred! I can forgive her one moment of actual poor decision-making because she'd been way more reluctant than the guy to take care of the spider up to that point.

Jex

Wasurenagumo:

HORRIFYING.

The girl gets such a shit deal. She's the only smart one and dies for it. Fuck spiders, fuck moe, and fuck spider moe.

Although I can kind of understand why some people find spider girl cute. She kind of looks like Rin from Usagi Drop except as, y'know, a spider.

So, liked it?
[Hyouka] - 4

This week, the gang solved a mystery. Probably.

It was pretty okay.

Darker Than Black OVA Part 1
Gibson: You want me to replace the villain with a dog? I mean nobody will know what's going on.
Homer: They will if you set up that the dog is evil. All you do is have to show him doing this. :shifts eyes left to right: The people will suspect the dog.

Man, I didn't realize how much I missed this show. Hei being Hei, Yin approaching moe waifu overload, and kickass music. I think it's to the creators' credit that after taking a year or so long break from the series, I was instantly brought back into the world of Darker Than Black by the above shot. Dat green/purple/black color scheme.

Bonus: PTSD Luffy.

Upotte!! 4

They like to reintroduce the main girls a lot on this show, but I just love hearing about the history of the guns. It's probably my favorite part of the show besides the tits. A lot of the episode was just set up for the next episode, but I think it did its job pretty well. Can't wait for the next episode!

Watch 5 now!

It's a play on biology terms, the XX chromosome is female, the XY chromosome is male that's why they purposefully made the title for the episode MI-XY.

Wow, I'm dumb for not noticing that with the title.

Dresden

Darker Than Black OVA Part 1

Gibson: You want me to replace the villain with a dog? I mean nobody will know what's going on.
Homer: They will if you set up that the dog is evil. All you do is have to show him doing this. :shifts eyes left to right: The people will suspect the dog.

Man, I didn't realize how much I missed this show. Hei being Hei, Yin approaching moe waifu overload, and kickass music. I think it's to the creators' credit that after taking a year or so long break from the series, I was instantly brought back into the world of Darker Than Black by the above shot. Dat green/purple/black color scheme.

Bonus: PTSD Luffy.

The OVAs are pretty much what everyone wanted S2 to be.

Instead we got . . . well.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Hyouka] - 4

This week, the gang solved a mystery. Probably.

It was pretty okay.
It was pretty dull. Actually, all the mysteries have been very boring. The thing that sells this show is the interaction between the characters and the off-club ramifications of such interactions, something which this episode lacked.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
She
was curious about the contents of the book, and was the one who broke the seal and unleashed the spider into the world.

I don't think that someone from the present day could be blamed for not believing in the existence of youkai!

So, liked it?

It was fine. Those were more personal reactions than actual criticism; as a short self-contained story it worked and I'll probably go back and watch the other Young Animator Training Projects now.

I saw some shit on the Grand Line.

Upotte!! 5
Wow.
This episode had it all, and I loved every minute of it. The gun fights are all done really well. And holy shit is Sako crazy. I knew she was a little off, but damn... And that ending cliffhanger where
Sako shoots Sig in the head
. Goddamn. This is turning out to be one of my favorite anime yet.

Jex

It was pretty dull. Actually, all the mysteries have been very boring. The thing that sells this show is the interaction between the characters and the off-club ramifications of such interactions, something which this episode lacked.

I didn't feel the need to mention that it was dull because it is always dull.

Ultimadrago

Hyouka 4

You know, with a few words changed here and there I could essentially post virtually the same review of Hyouka every week.

Mayaka gets sick of getting her ideas on the mystery slapped around by Satoshi and it was boring.

The end.

Look forward to future impressions!

Positive note: I liked the change of location, it wasn't the most dull episode and the mystery visuals are still quite welcome.

Uchip

Banned
Fairy Tail 22
That has to be the worst villain design ive ever seen O_O
and I never thought id say this, but the animation seemed more like something out of an early One Piece episode, which is to say, almost nonexistent.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Hey look at that, it's Cure Sunshine wearing white!

Iker Casillas is at least five times sexier than Cristiano Ronaldo, come the fuck on.

He is indeed a sexy beast, but Ronaldo has the added advantage of being a flashy player, maybe Erika just doesn't appreciate what it takes to be the best goalkeeper in the world. :(

Phi Brain s2 6

I don't really like that the duel puzzles are the same for each person. I mean I guess coming up with 5 different puzzles per episode (or however long a "match" would stretch) would be difficult, but still, it beats seeing the same one 5 times in a row.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
He is indeed a sexy beast, but Ronaldo has the added advantage of being a flashy player, maybe Erika just doesn't appreciate what it takes to be the best goalkeeper in the world. :(
Which is offset by the fact that he's an utter twat! Erika shouldn't set his sights on such a bad boy. Iker is a family man and someone you can depend on; Cristiano Ronaldo is a gigolo.

Also: one has won a World Cup and the other hasn't. Think about it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Which is offset by the fact that he's an utter twat! Erika shouldn't set his sights on such a bad boy. Iker is a family man and someone you can depend on; Cristiano Ronaldo is a gigolo.

Also: one has won a World Cup and the other hasn't. Think about it.
Is this the new waifu thing? She needs to like the same soccer player as you do?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Immersion is in the little details, this is as true for anime as it is for games. MGX does a pretty good job of making the world surrounding Urabe and Tsubaki seem alive, something that's far too rare in anime.

Queen's Blade 3
Not as great as the first two episodes, but it wasn't bad. I think I prefer Tomoe to Leina. Their really wasn't much fighting in this episode beyond the oil wrestling, but the next episode looks like it'll make up for it.

Yeaaah.

*zaps episode 17- 24 from memory*

If only it was so easy...

Now you know why I never recommended Gosick to anyone! But still voted for Victorique in Saimoe! :D

Hmm, the question basically is, does a horrible later part retroactively ruin everything before it in a series? If the answer is yes, then don't watch Gosick. If it's no, then watch the whole 15-17 or so-episode series. It's more good than bad, overall.

(I say 15-17 or so because the last arc before the end of the decent series, that ends with ep. 17, isn't that great. Not sure if it's worth bothering with or not, maybe?

QVibJ.gif

I need to watch this show at some point.
More people should... it's every bit as cute and silly as it looks.

Hey, I dropped Lupin and Apollon, yet I'm still watching Upotte. Don't let anyone tell you how to live your life!
Indeed, do what you want, not what others tell you.

Saki 6

6XlENl.jpg

Loli-crying-smiling-flashback-scarf moe for Solune.
I'll watch ep. 6 soon, for sure!

(Not just for that though, though yeah, she sure does scarf moe well.)

Why is her hand deformed?
You're right, apparently whoever drew that has some issues drawing hands, or something.

Jex

[AKB0048] - 3

Truly, a story that will bring tears to your eyes. This is at least twice as good as the last episode.

A serious contender for show of the season.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Queen's Blade 3

Not as great as the first two episodes, but it wasn't bad. I think I prefer Tomoe to Leina. Their really wasn't much fighting in this episode beyond the oil wrestling, but the next episode looks like it'll make up for it.
Chet Rippo, fighting the big boob fight the way it's meant to be fought.

I ended up watching some highlights of the original series and was (not) surprised to find that there was a Hisa x Mihoko shipping contingent out there. I guess she did say her eyes were pretty. lol
Contingent? If you look up Saki fanworks, Hisa/Mihoko absolutely DOMINATES it. I'll bet a majority of Saki doujins are Hisa/Mihoko...

... But wait, have you watched the original anime, or not?

True, but maybe a hard drive format would be a good idea when they get a significant other.

Quite possibly a good idea, sure. Unless you trust them very much.

Darker Than Black OVA Part 2

"We never had any intention of making a deal with you, old hag."
jbjAGgVzAn0dzU.jpg
jt5Ha5uh47NTF.jpg

"You're starting to make me mad, Yin."

Take note, anime: if you're going to have a one dimensional villain-of-the-episode with no discernible personality, this is the way to do it. (probably NSFW)

Maybe I'm just a big wuss, but I felt really bad for the teal Ying Yang dude. Even though they were cursed with being contractors, I bet the three of them managed to live a happy, satisfying life together until Hei and co. came in with their bullshit non-offer and murderous syndicate drama.

I probably should have rewatched at least the last couple episodes of the first season before watching this, because I have no idea what the hell the deal is with Yin's split personality. For some reason I had it in my head that the other half was Hei's sister, but then I was forced to reconsider that. Then again, this is Japan so it may very well still be her.

Dresden

Take note, anime: if you're going to have a one dimensional villain-of-the-episode with no discernible personality, this is the way to do it. (probably NSFW)

Maybe I'm just a big wuss, but I felt really bad for the teal Ying Yang dude. Even though they were cursed with being contractors, I bet the three of them managed to live a happy, satisfying life together until Hei and co. came in with their bullshit non-offer and murderous syndicate drama.

I probably should have rewatched at least the last couple episodes of the first season before watching this, because I have no idea what the hell the deal is with Yin's split personality. For some reason I had it in my head that the other half was Hei's sister, but then I was forced to reconsider that. Then again, this is Japan so it may very well still be her.
This is DtB, dude. Nothing makes sense.

Branduil

I probably should have rewatched at least the last couple episodes of the first season before watching this, because I have no idea what the hell the deal is with Yin's split personality.

It's funny because you think you'll find a coherent explanation of anything that happens from now on somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom