• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Redline

That was okay. The visuals gave me a headache, partly due to watching it subbed. I'll have to watch it again sometime without subs to really appreciate the animation, which was just crazy. The script had potential, the base story wasn't bad. I rather enjoyed the interaction between JP, Frisbee, and Old Man Mole. I was really disappointed with everything in regards to Sonoshee, I'd even go as far as to call it sexist.

Anime sexist? Never!

The Tower of Druaga ~the Sword of Uruk~ 07
EHswh.jpg
Tower what tower? Let's all have dinner together.
I gotta say, this was a really good emotional episode. The floor itself has a pretty cool idea of letting you see people and things that you would never normally be able to,
the dead
. It brought lots of closure to the characters, it was nice to see everyone all happy again. Great episode.

Tales of the Abyss 17
VkxRS.png

What did he mean that Anise is "the girl with the thong?"
I just noticed they changed the OP and ED slightly. I wonder how long they've been like this... I love those costumes in the game. Anyways, apparently every time Tear activates the Passage Rings of the Sephiroths, she absorbs contaminated Seventh Fonons. In otherwords, it's slowly killing her. That sucks I guess, but everyone forces her to keep going anyways. This episode had some actually decent action compared to what I thought after seeing the preview of this episode. Luke probably gets really cold up there in the mountains with his glorious abs showing all the time. Next episode is endgame shit. Should be good.
FKIRf.png

You may be a terrible shot Legretta, but I still love you~!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is that... cel shading?

What is this abomination I see before me?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I wish that every JRPG got an anime so that I would never have to worry about localization ever again.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Oniisama e 1-20:

Seriously watch this show if you haven't. This is literally everything I wanted from Strawberry Panic but regrettably never got. So good.

Sankarea 10
dhzEw.gif

Babu can cure any of your problems.
So, we're back to our main hero. And, suddenly, let's explain more stuff and flashback the hell out of the episode. I mean, sure it's nice to get more backstory about why Rea's dad is so creepy and I did like how Dean showed the story with the sense of paintings but I'm just amused there is no rush in the story. I do feel sorry for Fuuya having to sit there while she just goes on and on about how her life sucks.

Uchip

Banned
Then I guess Redline did a poor job of hiding it.

it was far too surreal and stylized to be considered offensive
id like to see the mental gymnastics required to make a serious case explaining the sexism

reminds me of the people complaining about the nun girls being killed in the new hitman trailer. Fucking feminists want equality, but its apparently ok to kill men, but not female asassins? da fuk

id like to see the mental gymnastics required to make a serious case explaining the sexism

reminds me of the people complaining about the nun girls being killed in the new hitman trailer. Fucking feminists want equality, but its apparently ok to kill men, but not female asassins? da fuk
Uh, I don't think you understand the complaints against it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The idea of an anthropomorphised console wars is actually a really cool setting.
Did you play either game though? lol

wot

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The idea of an anthropomorphised console wars is actually a really cool setting.

Yeah it is. I enjoyed every minute I put into that shitty game (and it was a lot, I platinumed that shit) and don't regret it. It was charming in that awful endearing kind of way. That said mk2 is sitting on my shelf and uh I don't think I'm ever going to get around to playing it. I'm scared.

Also Nisa > Iffy > Red > dont care.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sankarea 10
dhzEw.gif

Babu can cure any of your problems.
So, we're back to our main hero. And, suddenly, let's explain more stuff and flashback the hell out of the episode. I mean, sure it's nice to get more backstory about why Rea's dad is so creepy and I did like how Dean showed the story with the sense of paintings but I'm just amused there is no rush in the story. I do feel sorry for Fuuya having to sit there while she just goes on and on about how her life sucks.

This sounds like the absolute last thing that the story should be concerned with right now. What percentage of the previous three episodes would you estimate consisted of flashback?

Jintor

um

uh

what

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Because you guys only read the Big 3 and the True Big 3.

This sounds like the absolute last thing that the story should be concerned with right now. What percentage of the previous three episodes would you estimate consisted of flashback?

Not counting the newest one, episode nine was a side story, episode eight actually had plot and episode seven was flashback city. So to be mean and round up, probably 43%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom