• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

http://www.aratanarusekai.com/

denpa guy

deadhouse

multimedia bullshit

PcryG.png
Well, to be a bit more specific:
Arata naru Sekai (The New World) is a new multimedia franchise headed by a collaboration between Ascii Art Media Works, Aniplex, Kadokawa Shoten, and Madhouse. The franchise consists of one whole story written by Hitoma Iruma, which will be split into the past, the present, and the future, each to be told as a novel, manga, and anime respectively. This project was started in celebration of Iruma's 5th year as an author.
The premise:
The human population has been severely diminished, and tomorrow may be the day of extinction. However, the unchanging seasonal cycle passes by as always, now in the chilly days between autumn and winter. To be exact, time hasn't stopped, but the world can't go to tomorrow.

All that remain are chronologists (researchers who study time) and a few children. Time travel is finally achieved, and the young boys and girls are planned to be sent to the past and to the future in order to save the human species from extinction.

School becomes dominated by lectures regarding time travel for the aptitude test. The results classify the students into those who will go to the past, those who will go to the future, and those who will remain.

the boys who jump to the past to decipher the mysteries of the world
the girls who jump to the future in hope of witnessing prosperity
and the girls who cannot do anything more than plow their farms

"The New World" is a story about these children who search for a bright tomorrow.

Steroyd

Sanakarea - 10

Man, if Rea's dad hadn't already lampooned himself across that line, I'd say he crossed the line, but it seems he managed to create another line just for himself and lampoon himself over that.

Holy shit, I genuinely thought he couldn't up his fucked up creepiness, boy was I wrong.

Dresden

apollon - 08

the romance stuff really is bad. Now it doesn't even have the forward momentum of Kaoru trying to get shit done with Ritsuko because of all the misunderstandings.

Theonik

It was definitely the shows on nickelodeon. Maya the Bee, Noozles, Adventures of the little koala, Mysterious cities of gold, Grimms Fairy Tale Classics...one of those.
That was actually anime? I am just finding out lol
First Anime: After this revealation probably Maya the Bumblebee
First Anime knowing it was Anime: Dragonball/Z, Sailor Moon or Pokemon since they were airing at roughly the same time or maybe 2-3 years apart. Was quite long ago.
First Subbed: No idea.

Thoraxes

Korean Zombie Desk Car of za Ded - 10

It's over ;_;

;_;

Let's all just hope that upcoming announcement and
teaser of the loli at the end who apparently is crazy according to what i've been told is an indication of Season 3 or a movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grzi

Late but whatever.
First anime: Robotech, Voltron, Saber Rider, Lily C.A.T., Crystal Triangle - a video store in my city had bootleg VHS tapes of anime, these are the ones I remember watching, I was like 5 years old.
First anime knowing it was anime: Dragon Ball / Sailor Moon - I think I was around 10 at the time, 1997 or so, German and Italian television.
First subbed anime: Rurouni Kenshin: Reminiscence, in 2001 I think, I was 15 and I started watching anime more actively, some good stuff was on German TV at the time, like Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne.

Uchip

Banned
The New Eureka of Seven

No
Stop that Elena
That will not make me like you

a question:
how did he kill the secret? they shoot it and nothing happens, then somehow the nirvash hulks out and squashes it easily in its arm? what? why did he shoot his allies to reveal what looks like trapar? to make the enemy visible? but they just shot it before with no problem...

cajunator

Banned
dis gon b MARU.

foIIN.gif

We true believers will revel in this OVA, even if no one else does.

I believe in the MARU :(

That shows actually not bad. Its well produced and has fun art.

Huh, so Hix went down in the Stuxnet thread. This is what happens when you forsake the safe cocoon of AnimeGAF for the vicious wilds of OT!

I at least hope he wasn't a junior.

What is Stuxnet?

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom