• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Not counting the newest one, episode nine was a side story, episode eight actually had plot and episode seven was flashback city. So to be mean and round up, probably 43%.

Do any of the flashbacks actually establish characterization that impacts the actions and emotions of the characters in the present day or are they all along the lines of generalized "this is x character's past/childhood/etc." without any immediate relevance to what is going on in the story? At first glance the flashback episode looked like "d'awwww, look how cute Chihiro and Wanko are as kids" but I couldn't bring myself to undrop the series just to find out.

Do any of the flashbacks actually establish characterization that impacts the actions and emotions of the characters in the present day or are they all along the lines of generalized "this is x character's past/childhood/etc." without any immediate relevance to what is going on in the story?

Seven was literally, hey this is how Fuuya is as a kid but does explain Wanko a bit.

Ten isn't bad as it does explain creepy dad and basically Rea's family situation.

Take that as you will. :p

Because you guys only read the Big 3 and the True Big 3.

I know you're joking, but this mindset does seem more prevalent than it should be. In the last 2 pages, there were posts about:

Ratman
Nisekoi
Arachnid
Toriko
Kenichi
Magi
Spirit Circle
Reborn
Prison School
Sei So Tsui Dan Sha
Happy
Big Order
Nononono
Aku no Hana
Beelzebub
Claymore
Mangaka-san and Assistant-san
It's not my fault that I'm not popular
Medaka Box

And this is during the wedmangaf period. More varied than this thread would think.

The Tower of Druaga ~the Sword of Uruk~ 08
UxUDo.jpg
Sniper fight! Which is quite lame really.
I guess every episode that explains stuff is a good episode. This gives more into the unknown Neeba and all the crazy secret he keeps to himself. It does give a decent cliffhanger in trying to figure out what's gonna happen.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Cross thread advertising, for shame.

Virals are frowned upon in these parts.

Haly

Two wrongs don't make a right cosmic.

Except in arithmetic.

Haly

There's a few girls both here and in ManGAF.

Kagari, for one, posts in both. Although as far as she's concerned ManGAF is MedakaGAF.

No I'm not giving you guys names. Creeps.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm a mahou shoujo, of course.

Duckroll is a 5 year old girl!

If a mod is breaking the NeoGAF terms of service by lying about her age, can we really be held accountable for any of our own rule violations? ANARCHY IN ANIMEGAF.

Haly

There is a small dedicated shoujo group in ManGAF but since cosmic is allergic he can't be expected to know what stuff they read.

There's a few girls both here and in ManGAF.

Kagari, for one, posts in both. Although as far as she's concerned ManGAF is MedakaGAF.

No I'm not giving you guys names. Creeps.

There's the one with the bunnyish avatar, but I am completely blanking on the name because my brain is fried right now.

Speaking of which, when is icarus coming back?

There is a small dedicated shoujo group in ManGAF but since cosmic is allergic he can't be expected to know what stuff they read.

All I know is Lain is the big shoujo guy.

Haly

You mean Zoe.

Who hasn't been a regular for a long time.
All I know is Lain is the big shoujo guy.
Lain, Gunbo, Survivor to a lesser extent.

flawful reads everything of course.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Ouran High School Host Club 1

Being the first shoujo title I have watched, I was not sure what to expect. By the end of the episode, I thought this was quite enjoyable. The use of the
light-bulbs lighting up when the host boys figured out Haruhi was a girl was priceless

I plan to watch more of the series soon, but first I need to finish up reading the first six Haruhi Suyumiya light novels so I can get straight into the seventh novel, along with the Welcome to the NHK light novel, when they are shipped.

Ouran is good, more people should watch it.

:cajun :cajun :motherfuckingcajun

Watch Heartcatch, Cajunator! 49 episodes of Erika!

Jintor

I did run into envelope while late for school and then I accidentally saw more than I should have and it kickstarted a bunch of wacky adventures.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 1

kingdom1a.gif

In the span of a week, I watched Berserk - The Golden Age Arc I: The High King's Egg and thought this was as bad as modern day CG gets. Then, I foolishly watched Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker and was shocked to discover just how wrong I was. But now I've discovered something that has shaken me to the very core of my being. This is something that shouldn't exist and yet... why? What have we done to deserve this?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Banned like any deserving headphone heathen.

Sounds like the nature of your beef with him differs from most of us!

Kingdom 1

kingdom1a.gif

In the span of a week, I watched Berserk - The Golden Age Arc I: The High King's Egg and thought this was as bad as modern day CG gets. Then, I foolishly watched Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker and was shocked to discover just how wrong I was. But now I've discovered something that has shaken me to the very core of my being. This is something that shouldn't exist and yet... why? What have we done to deserve this?

Shouldn't outsourcing CG animation to North Korea violate some kind of UN sanction?

Kingdom 1

kingdom1a.gif

That is :DTL as fuck.
Banned like any deserving headphone heathen.
Does he like Beats by Dr. Dre or something?

Tales of the Abyss 18
yVlmz.jpg

Tear actually fighting? What is this the first episode?
They mention that the hotel they're staying at has a spa and they don't even go in it? What wasted fan service potential. After some calming of their nerves they confront the big bad at the north pole and fight him. With no help from Natalia and Anise, who I guess they didn't want to animate, they beat him and he falls to his supposed death. The End.
29Tfq.jpg

You ain't fooling anyone with that Namco. There's several minutes left in the episode.
Then it jump cuts to Luke in his room and apparently a month has passed and the land had already been lowered. Yeah, the game conveyed that much better than they did here... So Luke mom gets sick of him being a bum so she kicks him out to go meet his friends. He runs into Noelle and they go off to meet Tear at her home. I guess some shit is still going on.
wCrFl.png

Cute girls doing cute things.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Huh, so Hix went down in the Stuxnet thread. This is what happens when you forsake the safe cocoon of AnimeGAF for the vicious wilds of OT!

I at least hope he wasn't a junior.

AnimeGAF needed someone who was evil without being a jerk, and Hix filled that niche pretty well. Many of us here grudgingly admit that we miss him!

Does anyone see frostbyte around GAF? He completely disappeared too.

Human hamster.
The K-On! girls are chipmunks. There is a difference.

I haven't seen frostbyte. Post if you are okay. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom