• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
There should be a Mystery Anime Theater 3000.

Unless there is something already like it. In which case please, link

I agree.

Code My God What Have I Become R2 25

THE FINAL EPISODE

I might as well say this before I lose my last shred of dignitysanity, but really, Lelouch? You used Geass on your best friend, your love interests, your subordinates, your father, your friends, foes, lovers, and well innocent people you had no qualm murdering. You have done so many horrible, vile, awful, disgusting, repulsive, inexcusable, unforgivable, murderous, traitorous, licentious things at this point that seeing you even pause is fairly surprising. Especially since, when Euphemia put her will against yours in a much less direct fashion than this, you foreswore what love you had for her and
planned and executed her murder.

Then again, since your absurdly nebulous Zero Requiem is as yet unexplained, who knows. I mean, GEASS has gone unexplained for 50 episodes, so yeah.

Since this is the last time I'll see it, I just wanted to say that the part of the final OP where it shows King Charles' face in red, blue and black is really stylish and cool.

SERIOUSLY RIVEL I AM NOT JOKING. IF YOU DON'T HOOK UP WITH MILLY NOW YOU WILL NEVER GET A CHANCE. Also, after you're done there, PLEASE someone PLEASE anyone PLEASE won't YOU kill Nina for me?

THANK YOU,
NUNALLY.
OH THANK YOU FOR THIS. When did I ever say I wanted this!?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Random Chinese Empress asking deep philosophical question followed by Shin Kei responding even though he's nowhere near where she is, interjected into the middle of some very anime philosophical speeches about The System and How a Soldier Lives by Kallen and Suzaku and Toto and uh, his girlfriend, respectively. It's like the last episode of Evangelion, except actually happening.

OR IS IT? WHAT IF SHIRLEYGATE CAUSED THIRD IMPACT AND THIS IS ALL HAPPENING INSIDE SAYOKO'S MAID HAT'S MIND?

"I was just . . . doing what I could . . ." AND SO YOU BUILT A NUCLEAR BOMB? FUCK YOU, NINA, YOUR EVERY ACTION HAS BEEN SO FAR WORSE THAN LELOUCH'S. YOU ARE THE WORST HUMAN BEING IN THIS ENTIRE SHOW.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HE STILL DOES IT ANYWAY. If there is a reason for it, I don't know it, because apparently EVERYONE INCLUDING TAMAKI is now sharing a psychic link enabling them to all participate in the same conversation and finish each other's ham fisted sentences. About war and stuff. And now
Lelouch has used Geass on Nunally, who he did all of this for, allegedly.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. SHE BLOWS UP THE PUMPKIN MECH SO JEREMIAH JUMPS OUT OF IT IN ANOTHER MECH WHICH BLOWS UP AND HE JUMPS OUT OF AND STILL ATTACKS HER. IT'S LIKE THAT SCENE IN GURREN LAGAN.

I would be upset that
Suzaku just died
but then again I don't even know what death means in this show anymore. WHAT IS DEATH?

"I love you"? Really? Because you basically just FORCED her to do something she didn't want you to do after she JUST TOLD YOU she never wanted you to do ANY of the things you've done "for" her. You've one seriously messed up definition of love, Lelouch.

ATTN ENTIRE WORLD. LOL.

2 MONTHS LATER? HHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Awww, even in chains the Empress of Japan is TOO CUTE. And those chains binding Sneasel are comically large. COMICALLY.

RIVALS WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT GETTING IT ON WITH MILLY? YOU STUPID, STUPID FOOL.

WHY IS NINA STILL ALIVE?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. IT'S ZERO. AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA. PLEASE TELL ME THAT IS SUZAKU AS ZERO. HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHA. PLEASE TELL ME THIS FARCE IS THE MUCH TALKED ABOUT ZERO REQUIEM. HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAA

HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT IS IT IS IT IS IT IS IT IS IT IS IT IS IT IS IT IS. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOW IS THIS WHAT EUPHEMIA WANTED? HOW IS THIS WHAT ANYONE WANTED? THIS IS SO DUMB

OH MY GOD THIS IS SHIRLEY GATE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISH.

NOOOO HE'S THE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND SHE MAGICALLY CAN TELL BY TOUCHING HIS HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

JEREMIAH PLANTED OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORANGES HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA ORANGES ARE TOMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE NINA DIDN'T DIE

ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE ORANGES ARE TOMATOES ARE NINA DIDN'T DIE.

TAG THIS MAN

TAG THIS FUCKING MAN RIGHT FUCKING NOW

CorvoSol

So like me, did this show stab you in the heart and then trample on your feelings?
^RIP in peace.

Hahaha. You know, there were people thinking (and people who still think) that
Lelouch is alive.

Well, the final reaction post definitely didn't disappoint.

It's safe to say that if Lelouch were alive, Sunrise would have made another season of CG by now. Since they haven't, we can assume he is dead.

RIP in pieces Corvo

CorvoSol RIP.

*CorvoSol's reactions*

m7pDIow.gif

ORANGES. TOMATOES.

LOL Corvosol

Never read it, though icarus-heika tells me the manga is very traditional shoujo. If you want more Ikuhara you are better left off checking Penguindrum or his Sailor Moon episodes (the one I'm about to watch is Ikuhara, for instance). Or you can do what I'm doing and watch Goldfish Warning! :D

That said, I don't think Adolescence Apocalypse belongs into "the List". For one thing, it has very high production values so you can't "enjoy it ironically" on that regard, and is a very consistent product on itself, albeit a bit on the obtuse side. It would be like saying Angel's Egg belongs on the list, and that's just wrong.

Goldfish Warning is definitely on my to watch list since it seems like a fun silly thing to see but Sailor Moon just feels like such a huge thing to tackle. Right now though I think I'll end up watching something heavier for a change of pace, maybe Break Blade or something.

Yeah I wasn't sure if it really qualified for "The List" but I thought there was an argument over Code Geass being on the list and it boiled down to production values not disqualifying something from the list so long as it guarantees some sort of memorable reaction. I don't think the person defending it really had any say in maintaining the list so it might be an irrelevant point anyway.

JCG

Can't really say I'm surprised by CorvoSol being broken by the end of Code Geass R2 at this point, but I'm also not going to deny that I still genuinely think it's not a bad ending. Some people get it and appreciate it, some people don't and are broken. So there it is.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Not even two minutes into [Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S] 110

Why, yes, thank you Toei, I love being spoiled by the freaking opening.
I guess flat, painting-like anime with old character designs kinda like Lupin, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, etc.

I'm not very eloquent when explaining things, so let me know if I'm making any sense whatsoever
That's more of his thing than a throwback to anything else. I can see where you would say those shows did that, but more out of a cost-saving stance than a stylistic choice.

Random Takashi Murakami and Hosoda

CorvoSol

RE: Whether or not
Lelouch is alive
I believe it. I believe it because fuck
actual death
in this show. Hell, I believe
Princess Euphemia faked her death, too. WHY NOT?
And all of it was part of Lelouch'sAeolia Schenberg's plan, too.

No, but seriously, forget Evangelion's last two episodes. Forget Zeta Gundam's last episode. WHAT DID I JUST WATCH?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
RE: Whether or not
Lelouch is alive
I believe it. I believe it because fuck
actual death
in this show. Hell, I believe
Princess Euphemia faked her death, too. WHY NOT?
And all of it was part of Lelouch'sAeolia Schenberg's plan, too.

No, but seriously, forget Evangelion's last two episodes. Forget Zeta Gundam's last episode. WHAT DID I JUST WATCH?

watch the very last scene with original japanese. or don't. Fair warning. I saw it on youtube and I can't tell if it's legit or not though.

cajunator

Banned
Corvy needs a tag.
this cannot merely pass unseen by so many.
the world must know and appreciate his sacrifice.
we love you Corvy kun!

CorvoSol

watch the very last scene with original japanese. or don't. Fair warning. I saw it on youtube and I can't tell if it's legit or not though.

HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

DEATH IS NOTHING.

I mean, I actually legitimately expected that out of that scene as it unfolded, but that in no way diminishes how absurd this whole thing was in the end.

CorvoSol

What anime did you watch to cause this?

I'd say Gundam, but the message of Gundam is more that "life is nothing" as it always introduces new, not interesting and not important characters, tells you their life story, then kills them.

Code Geass kills everyone and somehow no one ever dies.

JCG

For the record: No, that's not "legit" at all. It's actually blatantly false.

There's several different fan edits on Youtube which people bullshit about being the "original Japanese uncut ending and/or the director's cut" or any other random explanation, but none of them are real. No such thing exists in any official version of Code Geass R2.

CorvoSol

I'm gonna need some time to really think about it, but for now it sits as thus: Code Geass S1 is a legitimately good-to-great Real Robot show. Code Geass R2 is an absurd descent into hilarious madness which is also good-to-great, but for entirely different reasons. Both seasons are good, but not the same kind of good.

I'd say Gundam, but the message of Gundam is more that "life is nothing" as it always introduces new, not interesting and not important characters, tells you their life story, then kills them.

Code Geass kills everyone and somehow no one ever dies.

You found Code Geass' ending worse than End of Evangelion?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Corvy needs a tag.
this cannot merely pass unseen by so many.
the world must know and appreciate his sacrifice.
we love you Corvy kun!

CorvoSol
Code Geass: where everything is made up and the deaths don't matter
(Today, 12:27 AM)

For the record: No, that's not "legit" at all. It's actually blatantly false.

There's several different fan edits on Youtube which people bullshit about being the "original Japanese uncut ending and/or the director's cut" or any other random explanation, but none of them are real. No such thing exists in any official version of Code Geass R2.

Aww crushin' mah dreams

JCG

CorvoSol
Code Geass: where everything is made up and the deaths don't matter
(Today, 12:27 AM)

Aww crushin' mah dreams

Oh, you can still believe he's alive or dead even without that. The epilogue is multiple choice by itself.

I just don't like Youtube lies and false rumors spreading among otherwise relatively alright people.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Oh, you can still believe he's alive or dead even without that. The epilogue is multiple choice by itself.

I just don't like Youtube lies and false rumors spreading among otherwise relatively alright people.

well that's why i said "i don't know if it's legit or not", because it was in question with myself anyways. Not that it's that big of deal to worry about either way or whatever.

cajunator

Banned
I left off of code geass r2 around episode 8 but im thinking I should finish it.
corvys reactions are legendary.
I have to see how this shitstorm ends.

sonicmj1

Hyouka - most pretentious show

As a member of the Committee for the Appropriate Use of the English Language, I regret to inform you that you are misusing the word "pretentious" here.

As little as I like going to the internet for definitions, Google returns the following:
Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

Hyouka does not affect particularly great importance to its events, beyond the curiosity of the characters.

That is all.

CorvoSol

Gargantia 9

WOW. I mean, WOW. I wasn't quite expecting THAT. This show is so good! What will Ledo DO now? He was so sure when this started, but as the massacre continued, you can't help but ask: what next?

Dresden

gargantia - 07~09

This was pretty damn good. I think I liked the funeral/power transition/Ridget being moe stuff more, though--the show's strength lies in the present, the now of the fleet and the people living aboard it. At some point in episode eight I was reminded of just how rare it is to see a show attempt to construct a fictional world, and to such an extent that even the funerary rites have become adaptive to the universe they've built. We may not have had spent much time with Fairlock or Ridget, but the concept of responsibility and the pain of loss are so familiar to most that just the act alone is enough to evoke some feeling, at least. It was handled well, almost surprisingly so.

As for episode nine, I wasn't surprised by the 'twist' (because I cheated and looked at the spoiler a while back, but w/e) but I think it was a nice path to take. I'm not quite as interested in its ramifications on the world as I am on the effect it'll have on Ledo.
And wow, squid girls are moe.

CorvoSol

The Count of Mecha Cristo 18

OH MAN. So the CG mecha weren't as embarrassingly bad as I expected, mostly because some tasteful decisions to show them in fluid motion with rarity and instead to focus on more artistic shots of their attacks etc, were made. The whole episode really played out nicely, though, from the duel, to the arrival of Madam Morcerf, to Albert's horrible awakening, to Eugenie's oblivious state to the episode's ending. It was all well done.

Such a good show.

fertygo

What awesome from R2 is Corvo got what he wanted, world view Lelouch worse than 1000 hitler combined but somehow that potrayed him as jesus..

They already won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom