• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
You're a good person.

Have some more pics.

Come on now, if you're going to post cute embarrassed Tsugumi pics, at least choose the right one.

ibspK9POoT0cMw.png

That said, I see your manface Tsugumi and I raise you:

ib0eIEbqLjm7fI.jpg
ifI7OKK0yjle7.jpg
iZF91O5XMm0rv.jpg

ibffsa5vyfueWP.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I come back after being gone for half a day and CorvoSol still doesn't have some kind of amazing tag. smh

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia - END

A great mash-up of a shit ton of different genres I can't really name off the top of my head, but I enjoyed it, especially since it gave me a bunch of
Persona 4
vibes, reminding me I need to finish it. Also turns out that the manga is ending this month, too, so I'll give that a read.

...I also need to finish/rewatch/restart Another, which I also got vibes from.

If you liked Dusk Maiden, be sure to watch Natsu no Arashi. Same director, same supernatural romcom concept.

CorvoSol

I went back on all the replies etc just to see what everyone is talking about. I've never seen Code Geass, but that scene was awkward as heck. She just finishes and some girl in a wheelchair rolls in and its awkward lol.

Now I'm with everyone else, poor table :(

She later attempts to destroy the table because it does not return her affections.

HAYATE NO GOTOKU CUTIES - 08

Hayate%20no%20Gotoku%21%20Cuties%20-%2008.jpg

High level psychological battle !

This episode was as good as it was in the manga , so no complains.
However i'm kinda sad that they cut the end of the school part, because as it is , it doesn't make much sense.. but this is a minor problem.

So next week is ...who ??
Will they finally start using more than 1 heroine as the focus ? All the girls that were in the preview already had their individual episodes aired already.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well a good way to get lots of ideas in to appease the largest possible number is to make it a sketchshow. Also means you don't have to stretch out ideas that would be good for one scene into 13 episodes.

EDIT: RE: AnimeGAF anime.

I come back after being gone for half a day and CorvoSol still doesn't have some kind of amazing tag. smh

If you liked Dusk Maiden, be sure to watch Natsu no Arashi. Same director, same supernatural romcom concept.

Sweet, thanks.

HAYATE NO GOTOKU CUTIES - 08

This episode was as good as it was in the manga , so no complains.
However i'm kinda sad that they cut the end of the school part, because as it is , it doesn't make much sense.. but this is a minor problem.

So next week is ...who ??
Will they finally start using more than 1 heroine as the focus ? All the girls that were in the preview already had their individual episodes aired already.

Maria? Chihiro? Fumi? I literally just started the seventh episode.

CorvoSol

Considering picking up Genesis of Aquarion, unless there's a better mecha out there for me to watch that isn't a long runner like Voltron, Mazinger or Macross.

Theonik

This is our chance for AnimeGAF: The Animation.

We need to add a clause that stipulates Jex must be voiced by KanaHana.
You mean Miyuki Sawashiro.

Considering picking up Genesis of Aquarion, unless there's a better mecha out there for me to watch that isn't a long runner like Voltron, Mazinger or Macross.
What have you watched? Have you considered Ideon? It's 40 episodes + 1 movie.

Kurenai 4

OK, I'm officially sick of the "I need to become stronger so I can protect X" trope in Japanese popular culture. I would like to issue a moratorium on Japanese writers using "tsuyokunaritai".

Otherwise, good episode.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

You desperately need something good to cleanse your palate. My personal rec: Getter Robo Armageddon.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
The 9000$ prize makes it feel like its not even worth it, what if it becomes a hit (assuming they decide to own all the rights to it and everything).

Yeah, I kinda agree. There is also a like $3000 Honorable mention prize, but yeah, chances are that they're probably take full creative control over the source material and adaptation and just credit the winner with like "Based on the work ***** by *****" or whatnot.

But then again, while you might lose the control of the work and adaptation for a small monetary fee, I could see aspiring writers/creative folk rolling the dice on both winning and the adaptation being good as a way to open doors for them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's why a sketch show idea would be the best. 1. You don't lose complete control of your ideas as you've only given them a sampler. 2. You can use it to find out which of your many ideas worked with the audience.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
And you'd probably lose to someone doing a full treatment.

CorvoSol

You mean Miyuki Sawashiro.

What have you watched? Have you considered Ideon? It's 40 episodes + 1 movie.

Hold on while I pull up my revised list:

Excellent:
Mobile Fighter G Gundam, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid, Martian Successor Nadesico and The Big O.
Very Good:
War in the Pocket, Eureka Seven, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gun x Sword, GaoGaiGar and GGG Final, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, The Flower of Rin-ne (both seasons), Code Geass (season 1), Mobile Suit Gundam and Gargantia(unfinished).
Good:
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Broken Blade, 08th MS Team, Full Metal Panic!, Gundam SEED, Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz (EW more for its designs than plot), Rebuild of Evangelion (2.22 was good, but the other two weigh it down), Valvrave the Liberator (unfinished).
Neutral:
Zoids New Century Zero, MSN: Prince of Darkness, Majestic Prince (unfinished.)
Bad:
Gundam SEED Destiny and 0083: Stardust Memory (it was terribad, but affably, so. Between the OP and Kou won't eat his carrots to the absurdity of the Nina x Gato reveal).
VERY BAD:
Gundam AGE
Friends don't let friends watch it Bad:
Rah Xephon, Gundam 00.
I really can't decide if it is awful or wonderful:
Code Geass R2

Right now it is a toss up between watching Genesis of Aquarion and Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean, but I am SUPER open to recommendations.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
As if the recent increase in apish ranting wasn't enough the absurd number of open or blatant spoilers for shows new and old has made the thread particularly contemptible.

But then again, while you might lose the control of the work and adaptation for a small monetary fee, I could see aspiring writers/creative folk rolling the dice on both winning and the adaptation being good as a way to open doors for them.

That's probably true too. And who wouldn't want to win some money?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Hold on while I pull up my revised list:

Excellent:
Mobile Fighter G Gundam, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid, Martian Successor Nadesico and The Big O.
Very Good:
War in the Pocket, Eureka Seven, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gun x Sword, GaoGaiGar and GGG Final, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, The Flower of Rin-ne (both seasons), Code Geass (season 1), Mobile Suit Gundam and Gargantia(unfinished).
Good:
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Broken Blade, 08th MS Team, Full Metal Panic!, Gundam SEED, Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz (EW more for its designs than plot), Rebuild of Evangelion (2.22 was good, but the other two weigh it down), Valvrave the Liberator (unfinished).
Neutral:
Zoids New Century Zero, MSN: Prince of Darkness, Majestic Prince (unfinished.)
Bad:
Gundam SEED Destiny and 0083: Stardust Memory (it was terribad, but affably, so. Between the OP and Kou won't eat his carrots to the absurdity of the Nina x Gato reveal).
VERY BAD:
Gundam AGE
Friends don't let friends watch it Bad:
Rah Xephon, Gundam 00.
I really can't decide if it is awful or wonderful:
Code Geass R2

Right now it is a toss up between watching Genesis of Aquarion and Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean, but I am SUPER open to recommendations.

I'm not seeing any Godannar on that list.

Finished Nura season one. There were some points where it felt dragged and Human Rikou and Kana are not appealing at all! Well Human Rikou gets better near the end of the season but Kana is boring.

Give me more Yokai Rikou and Tsurara in the 2nd season!

Overall a good end to the 1st season.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And you'd probably lose to someone doing a full treatment.
I was just making a suggestion for how we could all contribute to one idea because many heads are better than one and it would mean less individual effort. At the end of the day it could mean your idea being made into a anime and my bank account being $9000 better off.

cajunator

Banned
Pony Canyon offering 1 million yen and a chance to get idea made into anime

Time to turn my Jim Raynor x Fenix fantasies into reality.

This is kind of neat. No chance in hell to win it though. I have a lot of character ideas I have sketched that could be neat in a story.

Come on now, if you're going to post cute embarrassed Tsugumi pics, at least choose the right one.

ibspK9POoT0cMw.png

That said, I see your manface Tsugumi and I raise you:

ib0eIEbqLjm7fI.jpg
ifI7OKK0yjle7.jpg
iZF91O5XMm0rv.jpg

ibffsa5vyfueWP.jpg

I'm having so much trouble deciding. I guess I will sit this out until the show airs.

Mr.Jeff

<Aria_and_School_Days_Swag.jpg>
lol
The two most opposite animu texts beside each other!

I didn't, mostly because JAVs are almost always terrible. That and the cover scared me.

An expression that would eat a thousand souls.

Table-kun is a modern classic.
The judging of table-kun.

Truly I have nothing offer aside from inane pictures. Glass Fleet: Dub or Sub?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
00:01 - Immobile hair, immediately dropped.

Theonik

I was just making a suggestion for how we could all contribute to one idea because many heads are better than one and it would mean less individual effort. At the end of the day it could mean your idea being made into a anime and my bank account being $9000 better off.
You're not Steve Jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom