• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Oreimo S2 - 09

kGLQrYe.png
Gz7BP0p.png

Best girl.

The whole confrontation scene was pretty hilarious (though it wasn't intentional) and I couldn't believe Kyousuke just sat there in the back and watched it unfold. Best girl Kirino proved why she's considered best girl. She gets shit done!

Plenty of :sdburton moments to boot as well. Bonus!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Nope. No one wants the kids shows, really.

Well, unless they're shounen I guess.

nah. Crunchy and co. have equal opportunity apathy toward girls' and boys' anime (with the bizarre exception of Cardfight! Vanguard). Poor Inazuma Eleven/B-Daman/Danball Senki/Beybladez/etc. fans.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
nah. Crunchy and co. have equal opportunity apathy toward girls' and boys' anime (with the bizarre exception of Cardfight! Vanguard). Poor Inazuma Eleven/B-Daman/Danball Senki/Beybladez/etc. fans.
Well, I consider Naruto/Bleach/OP to be kids shows though. Cardfight Vanguard really is a weird pick up though. lol

Of course, the real tragedy from last year is the lack of Tanken Driland or Ginga e Kickoff.

The Devil is a Part Timer 2:
So many hilarious moments. I really loved the scene where
Emi was yelling outside the apartment, and Maou and Ashiya just went on having a conversation and letting her continue to yell
. There were a lot of really funny character moments in this episode (and some random fanservice that came out of nowhere), as well as some hints as to some mysterious events going on. The setup the show has is pretty funny, and I love that Maou is
planning to rise up through the fast food ranks to try and conquer the world
. I also really enjoyed a lot of the gags in this episode with the characters trying to save money and cheaping out on things.

Well, I consider Naruto/Bleach/OP to be kids shows though. Cardfight Vanguard really is a weird pick up though. lol

Of course, the real tragedy from last year is the lack of Tanken Driland or Ginga e Kickoff.

Regardless of your opinion on such shows (and Bleach is garbage), there is a pretty clear divide between those shounen series (which are aimed at more a middle school and up boys audience) and what people generally refer to as kids shows (Cardfight Vanguard, Inazuma Eleven, etc). The latter are aimed at a much younger audience, generally air at earlier timeslots, and are usually entirely dedicated towards driving toy/game sales, with little real attempt at hiding that.

wonzo

Banned
So uh how is that any different than the list? Isn't that why it exists?
Because everything on the list is incredibly entertaining to watch.

It should be. It's a B movie lazily spruced up in After Effects. If that qualifies as bold and experimental then a reel of Darkest Africa corroded and left out in the sun is an avant garde masterpiece.
this reads like something a games journalist would write

Is Jewelpet streaming anywhere? Not that I want to watch it... don't get the wrong idea!

Sadly no streaming service offers this gem.

I liked Abenobashi :/

Abenobashi had some amusing parodies, but the ending is abysmal, ruining everything the show up to then had been building.

The toy/merchandise franchise shows being absent makes some sense, honestly. The production companies who would be licensing them out probably have no interest in licensing the shows alone, only as part of a package with the whole franchise, which would rule out Crunchyroll, et al.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's this from? I'm guessing the movie cuz I don't remember there being dudes in K-On, I thought peeps thought that was sacrilegious.
Sawako being a Christmas Cake is a running gag of the series!

Regardless of your opinion on such shows (and Bleach is garbage), there is a pretty clear divide between those shounen series (which are aimed at more a middle school and up boys audience) and what people generally refer to as kids shows (Cardfight Vanguard, Inazuma Eleven, etc). The latter are aimed at a much younger audience, generally air at earlier timeslots, and are usually entirely dedicated towards driving toy/game sales, with little real attempt at hiding that.
I suppose that's true. Either way, Jewelpet/Precure will never grace the streaming sites. At least not any time soon!

We should do Gainax rankings. Things would get ugly.

You're a monster, did you know that?! Also I don't think I could properly do it having never seen Nadia or either of the Buster OVAs.

Because everything on the list is incredibly entertaining to watch.

Then the Utena movie SHOULD be on the list! But I think there should be another criteria to it because then LWA would belong there which definitely doesn't feel right.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The toy/merchandise franchise shows being absent makes some sense, honestly. The production companies who would be licensing them out probably have no interest in licensing the shows alone, only as part of a package with the whole franchise, which would rule out Crunchyroll, et al.

I am seeing a lot of Cardfight! Vanguard advertisements in hobby shops as of late, so perhaps it's only on Crunchyroll as promotion for the TCG.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
We should do Gainax rankings. Things would get ugly.
ONLY STUFF I'VE WATCHED

Aim For The Top! Gunbuster
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Neon Genesis Evangelion (including End of Evangelion)
Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise
FLCL
Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water
Aim For The Top 2! Diebuster
His And Her Circumstances
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Re: Cutie Honey
Otaku No Video
---HERE BE THE LINE THAT SEPARATES THE DECENT FROM THE BAD---
Hanamaru Kindergarten
Mahoromatic
Shikabane Hime (aka and kuro, aka is slightly better)
Abenobashi
He Is My Master
Melody of Oblivion
that Subaru anime whose name I forgot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom