• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Crime Edge - 02

Q1LZ9ij.png
rQOeo4u.png

Oho. Ohohoho. Ohohohohohohoo delicioooooouuuuuuus!!!! @o@

Look at that tongue, lapping that girl's arm like it was a bowl of milk! And that face, that right there is an expression of pure ecstasy. I want more, please tell me there's more.

Behold SDBurton's shame.

I wear it with pride. No shame in my game!

wonzo

Banned
Went and added a crap ton of new shows to my queue on Crunchyroll, tell me if any of these are good:

5 Centimeters per Second - Hear this a lot on GAF, and since the director just put out a new film I've been interested in his work.
Air Master - I kinda get some Teppuu vibes from this.
These two are all you need really.

Tamerlane

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - First movie + Ep 1-10

So it's Thucydides in space? Sounds cool. There are few nagging issues I'm noticing: all too convenient furtherance of plot and subtext, artificial build-up of action, uneven characterization, and a loosely procedural structure, but despite all that it's managed the impossible and made the worn space opera genre engaging. Yang and Reinhardt are both well defined, the distinctive designs of the ships and tech compensates for the aged animation, and the score is basically perfect with fucking Mahler no. 7 during laser fights. It effectively captures the scale of a hypothetical galactic war, with massive battles, casualties in the millions, coherent ideological underpinnings, etc. I'm skeptical about the massive ep count, but I'm definitely going to see this through to the end.

Speaking of Thucydides, does anyone know of any good anime set in ancient Greece? Specifically Greece, not Rome.

Kenya Boy

Assuming people were serious about this: Utter shite. If contextless novelties is enough to make your film experimental, then cinema can't call itself an art form (not that there was anything actually novel in here to begin with, but I guess gimmicks and only gimmicks is Obayashi's M.O.). It doesn't really commit to the crazy until the second half, and even then it's not all that crazy, retaining its fairly traditional narrative structure to it's conclusion. The dinosaur scene was the only standout part, and had the entire film been like that, the length would be justifiable. Instead, outside of a few visual gags and the requisite terrible script, it's not even entertaining as a "funny bad" film, it's just plain bad. Plain bad for 2 hours. Two whole hours. Am I correct in assuming people recommending this and comparing it to 2001: A Space Odyssey were trolling or blind?

Narag

Speaking of Thucydides, does anyone know of any good anime set in ancient Greece? Specifically Greece, not Rome.

There's the Hashire Melos stuff iirc although I can't personally attest to quality. Something I should rectify. Hermes: Wings of Love has a really nice first half until it unfortunately goes full on Happy Science.

Brojo's Bizarre 2000 OVA 7 END

Avdol is alive bitches!

"The hell? This is a toilet! I've always finding myself being attacked in places with toilets! Shit!" - Polnareff

Talk about a line.

Talk about the end of the dark Jojo OVA set that didn't represent just how fabulous it is, but at least it was decent enough to show how much of a bro everyone is. Hell, Jotaro actually did something this episode! Strangely enough, I enjoyed what I saw at least, what with actually having animation in some of the fights and whatnot, but it's no 2012 otherwise. 1993 could Stand against 2000 pretty well at least.

I guess again, I'll bring up how it might as well be Polnareff's Bizarre Adventure, or even JanJan's Bazaar Adventures. But really, Jotaro really doesn't Stand out too well in the crowd, not that Joseph does too much either but he has a personality anyway. Lets see how much he improves 7 years into the past.

Aku no Hana 8&9

I'm glad I waited a week to watch 8&9 together. The direction and cinematography in 8 was good but...that pacing. The slow pacing is making me worry that we won't get to the real juicy parts in the manga. Since the "love" triangle between Kasuga, Nakamura, and Saeki is so central to the first part of the manga I'd be crushed if we didn't get to
MAJOR MANGA SPOILER DO NOT HIGHLIGHT
________the rape and fire_______

Episode 9 was just fantastic though. The self-loathing, the tension, the Nakamura-san unf unf. Even though it was mostly a setup episode for whats to come. And yes Kasuga is the most inept criminal ever.
How hard is it to throw some detergent in the washing machine and hit start?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S] 111
So fucking good, but the race to
get the Holy Grail
was too stretched out. It reminded me of a Captain Tsubasa episode where the pitch never ends. lol I will never get tired of FIYAH BASTAH, on the other hand.

I'm not fond of how they are handling
Pluto, as she seems to have become yet another Tuxedo Mask
... but the animation was cool.
Holy shit... does this mean... SATURN?!

Requiescat in pace
Eudial. Best villain in the entire show. She died in the most fabulous way.
Fuck Not!C-Ko.
How lewd. Oh, Chibi-Moon!

Chibi Moon getting all dem upskirt shots directed to her.

She'll be quite healthy.

EDIT: You add me on Hummingbird. same as my gaf name.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Fresh Precure 03-04:

If I hadn't promised a friend I would watch this, I'd have dropped by now. This show simply has nothing going for it. It's go no heart at all.

Does it ever get better, Kirby?

Fresh Precure 03-04:

If I hadn't promised a friend I would watch this, I'd have dropped by now. This show simply has nothing going for it. It's go no heart at all.

It does actually get better. A lot of it is more with character interactions and whatnot.

CorvoSol

AO is...well its special.
But at least you don't have to put up with Renton.

Renton was the only character I liked on Eureka Seven for a long, long while. Didn't warm up to the others for goodness knows how long (although Holland's VA was awesome), and while Talho became a better human being her design got terrible in the second act.

Eureka's children, though, are the absolute worst children ever and I wish they would die so, so, so, so, so much. Presently a toss up between which I hate worse: Eureka's children or Nina.

Eureka's children, though, are the absolute worst children ever and I wish they would die so, so, so, so, so much. Presently a toss up between which I hate worse: Eureka's children or Nina.

Yeah, I often find it difficult to decide who is worse between some regular kids and a genocidal table rapist. Tough call.

Fresh Precure 03-04:

Fresh has a hard start but overall is a flawed season.
It will get better but don't expect greatness except for a few eps here and there.

Nafe

MALgraph achievemebts changed everything for me!!

Maybe this has been talked about more in the gaming section of NeoGaf and I haven't seen the related topics or posts but I heard Microsoft filed some kind of patent, which they might ultimately never use, that would supposedly integrate more of an achievement system into other things you might use your Xbox system for, such as TV, movies and music.

Something like watched all of a certain TV series, listened to all the CD's by a certain band or something like that I guess.

Personally I could really care less about something like that but some people might be more into it.

I think I need to watch Sailor Moon again.

I support this thought! ;)

Narag

Maybe this has been talked about more in the gaming section of NeoGaf and I haven't seen the related topics or posts but I heard Microsoft filed some kind of patent, which they might ultimately never use, that would supposedly integrate more of an achievement system into other things you might use your Xbox system for, such as TV, movies and music.

Normally that might catch my attention but not with that awful system they're putting out.

CorvoSol

Yeah, I often find it difficult to decide who is worse between some regular kids and a genocidal table rapist. Tough call.

You say that like Eureka's children were regular kids and not the most inhumane assholes with shrill voices this side of the planet. There's brats on a warship, like in MSG, and then there's fucking nightmare demons who will not stop shitting through their vocal chords about puke and pubes. GUESS WHICH ONE EUREKA'S SHITACULAR FUCKSPAWN WERE?

Renton was the reason I almost didn't finish E7. He was terrible at the start. He made Shinji look decisive.

Renton behaves like a 15 year old. Shinji behaves like a sock. I'm not saying that Shinji doesn't have his reasons, but Renton at the beginning of E7 was just fine to me.

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

LO94m8T.jpg

LOL.

zeroshiki

Renton behaves like a 15 year old. Shinji behaves like a sock. I'm not saying that Shinji doesn't have his reasons, but Renton at the beginning of E7 was just fine to me.

Shinji, before Anno broke him down in the 2nd half of EVA behaved exactly like a typical shounen robot hero. He had a character arc. Its just that the slope was downward.

Renton skipped the being normal part and went straight to the whiny.

Narag

Sengoku Basara S2 5

Seems like a really nice touch for Keiji to leave his sword behind, especially given how the character's weapons seem so heavily tied to their identities. Also, while not particularly deep, the character drama regarding Date & Kojuro was really nice. Not something I expected after the first season which makes for a nice surprise.

Kite

Crime Edge - 02

Look at that tongue, lapping that girl's arm like it was a bowl of milk! And that face, that right there is an expression of pure ecstasy. I want more, please tell me there's more.
The whole show is about various fetishes, keep on watching ^__^

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Crime Edge - 02

Can somebody tell me if I have to wade through mostly shit for mere seconds of this per episode or is it consistently delivering the goods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom