• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Why?

I just dislike Imaishi's style generally, and I found both TTGL and Panty and Stocking to be filled with obnoxious characters and over the top nonsense that did nothing for me. I can understand why some people enjoyed them, but watching either one just left me feeling infuriated.

The sad part is that I was starting to side with you on Moffat Who. Why must I be so tsundere for you?

I thought you were cool for liking Hyouka, you used to be cool man!

Well, it's boring if everyone agrees on everything.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'll never let you live that down, but you seem content in remembering it too. lol

Dude. I was talking to a friend of mine who I got to watch K-On! (albeit the dub), and he asked me if they went to an all-girls school or not, and brought Chikada up as evidence, just like I had.

It's not just me, dammit!

Risette

A Good Citizen
Then will you write out more than 3 sentences worth of explanation? I'm genuinely curious why the worst anime film I've seen since Summer Wars could be considered cool.
you shouldn't rely on other people for answers in your life

it's yours to live

Mature

My Gainax list (of what i've completed):
  1. End of Evangelion
  2. Neon Genesis Evangelion
  3. FLCL
  4. Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise
  5. Diebuster
  6. Gunbuster
  7. Gurren Lagann
  8. Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
  9. Otaku no Video
  10. Re:Cutie Honey
  11. Mahoromatic

cajunator

Banned
I just dislike Imaishi's style generally, and I found both TTGL and Panty and Stocking to be filled with obnoxious characters and over the top nonsense that did nothing for me. I can understand why some people enjoyed them, but watching either one just left me feeling infuriated.

Well, it's boring if everyone agrees on everything.

Disagreement does make the world more interesting, provided those disagreements are discussed in a civil manner.

Then will you write out more than 3 sentences worth of explanation? I'm genuinely curious why the worst anime film I've seen since Summer Wars could be considered cool.

sometimes things just make you squee. You cant really always explain it.

48cce64c-ef8b-4075-9087-000066165e24.jpg

duckroll

But the dinosaurs were the only good part!

Yes, but the rest of the movie slowly prepares you for it. Every step you take through the film leads you one step closer to the dinosaurs. Or something like that. I dunno. I don't think it's a very good film either, but I think people should watch it to see what you can accomplish when high on drugs!

survivor

Banned
Guess I have to watch Nobita's Dinosaur since You Are Umasou was one of my favourite anime films over the past few years. The remake or the original Nobita film?

Dresden

I feel like this is a risky statement, but Nobita's Dinosaur is superior.

That's a reasonable opinion, but I'd have to watch both movies again to make a proper comparison. I am ashamed that Nobita's Dinosaur 2006 didn't come to my mind first though.

Maybe it's due to how recently I watched it, but I think Nobita's Dino is the better movie, too.

Both are excellent and in sore need of attention, though.

Guess I have to watch Nobita's Dinosaur since You Are Umasou was one of my favourite anime films over the past few years. The remake or the original Nobita film?

Yes.

e: oh, sorry, the remake. I thought the 'or' said 'of'.

duckroll

Nobita's Dinosaur is better than You are Umasou? Really? Damn, maybe I need to watch it this weekend. How do I know I can trust these impressions though?

Shergal

Nobita's Dinosaur is better than You are Umasou? Really? Damn, maybe I need to watch it this weekend. How do I know I can trust these impressions though?

Would you trust Anipages?

Ben@Nobita's Dinosaur said:
Entirely aside from the animation, Watanabe has created a very solid film that stands up to viewing in a way that the previous films did not. Watanabe's film is well balanced dramatically, and is extremely entertaining, with a great variety of tone and excellent sense for pacing.
He has a keen eye for arranging every little detail and piece of information in a particular shot in such a way as to make it meaningful and heighten the feeling of reality in the situation.

cajunator

Banned
Wait, didnt Gainax do Getsumen to Heiki Minna? Cause I loved that too.
Space bunnygirls are the best thing.

No wait that was gonzo I think. Nevermind. Im a silly cat.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Haruko > Mari > Kneesocks > Rei > Yoko > Stocking > Mamimi > Misato > Panty > Ritsuko > Rape Victim > Scanty > Asuka

Where are the tiny heads? not sure if want
Just wait until the camera pans underwater. You see, KyoAni is playing it smart by using the refraction of the water to appeal to the Yaoi crowd. It'll end up looking something like this, though it won't necessarily include Mark Wahlberg.

L5e3zFd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom