• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Remember when someone said Helga Pataki was a tsundere? Well what about that guy who stood behind her and breathed real heavy like all the time? What's the name for him?

Because I want to name that the Nina Einstein.

cajunator

Banned
Remember when someone said Helga Pataki was a tsundere? Well what about that guy who stood behind her and breathed real heavy like all the time? What's the name for him?

Because I want to name that the Nina Einstein.

Helga was the original tsundere <3

Nina can die in a fire. Except she didnt. and thats disappointing.

Shergal

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's a remake of the first Doraemon movie? I dunno.

The TV show had been running for quite a few years when they released the 1980 movie tho.

Anyway, this is kinda pointless, I hope you watch the movie and enjoy it! :D

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Let's play this whole conversation out like it usually goes.

"No, it was Lucy in Peanuts!"

"No, it was actually Eilzabeth from Pride and Prejudice!"

"No, it was actually [insert deity here]!"

Guys what anime is this:

g0CI61p.gif

cajunator

Banned
Let's play this whole conversation out like it usually goes.

"No, it was Lucy in Peanuts!"

"No, it was actually Eilzabeth from Pride and Prejudice!"

"No, it was actually [insert deity here]!"

It could be a lot of characters actually.
Helga is probably the first one that comes to most peoples minds as the stereotype as it is now known. she was blatantly tsundere.

CorvoSol

Nina can die in a fire. Except she didnt. and thats disappointing.

Every day I curse the God of Mecha that
Euphemia died
and Nina lived.

Are we not counting Shakespeare characters for some reason?

It's all about Eve. She gave Adam the fruit and said, "Verily, it is not like I liketh you or anything, thou fool!"

Defs happened exactly that way.

Slayers Next 9

Speakin' of tsunderes, Lina gets a letter and Amelia assumes it must be a love letter. Gourry insists that's the one thing it could NEVER be and gets promptly socked in the gut. Anyway the gang are embroiled in some courtroom politics in Seyruun as someone tries to assassinate Phil. Last time it was his brother, Randy. This time it seems to be his brother Chris. All of these are grown men, but princes, which is odd, as for some reason no King of Seyruun is ever mentioned.

Oh and there are Monsters. Not monsters, but Monsters. This tends to mean the bad guy has some good connections.

CorvoSol

Nina backed the right horse. Its like ASOIAF. The world doesn't need to be fair and the good guys don't always win.

Which horse did Nina even back? People made such a big tizzy about Suzaku bein' a traitor, but there went Nina, betraying Sneasel at the top of the hat to side with her worst enemy.

And if it's like ASoIaF, then Nina is at best Maester Qyburn.

cajunator

Banned
Henneko 08

This show just took a turn for the weird.
Well ok weirder.
Ok its fucking bizarre now.
But anyway, Tsukiko was adorable with her emotionless screaming and Emi is cute but kind of a brat with her imouto shit. King of Steel towards the end reacted in the most adorably violent way as she always does. This cast is so much fun!

CorvoSol

ZZ Gundam 27

Ladies and gentlemen, Haman Khan, with lipstick on. Now I have truly seen everything.

UH WHAT. IS JUDAU GOING SUPER SAIYAN?

WHY IS THERE A GIANT DEMON? WHY ARE THERE DEMONS IN GUNDAM? SINCE WHEN IS THAT A THING?

WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

zeroshiki

Qyburn actually kinda works since they both make weapons of mass destruction.

Nina is such a minor character compared to Suzaku that directing your ire at her is misguided. The only thing she did that had an effect on the world was FLEIA and her switching sides was explained away by the guilt she felt.
Although she, like Lloyd and Cecille, didn't technically switch sides. Schneizel's side was the rebellion in the end.

I'm not saying she's a good character, I'm saying she's useless and immaterial to the grand scheme of things.

CorvoSol

Qyburn actually kinda works since they both make weapons of mass destruction.

Nina is such a minor character compared to Suzaku that directing your ire at her is misguided. The only thing she did that had an effect on the world was FLEIA and her switching sides was explained away by the guilt she felt.
Although she, like Lloyd and Cecille, didn't technically switch sides. Schneizel's side was the rebellion in the end.

I'm not saying she's a good character, I'm saying she's useless and immaterial to the grand scheme of things.

S'why I picked 'em. I know Nina is a relatively minor character, but she's also an incredibly irritating one.

CorvoSol

Holy shit.

He's marrying his sister and having an affair with his mother.

No wonder the Count found him locked in a God forsaken cell.

Oh my God. Oh my God.

Articalys

Okay, it's finally time to get started on the Spring 2013 Temporal (first volume) Sales Rankings:

*7,319 *1 Karneval [DVD+BD]: 2013/05/28 (possible event ticket boost)
*4,408 *1 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W [DVD+BD]: 2013/05/31
*2,230 *1 Yuyushiki [DVD+BD]: 2013/05/29

Ezalc

Holy shit.

He's marrying his sister and having an affair with his mother.

No wonder the Count found him locked in a God forsaken cell.

Oh my God. Oh my God.

Mann you know there were other reasons besides that. 'Member the novel? You 'member.

cajunator

Banned
Okay, it's finally time to get started on the Spring 2013 Temporal (first volume) Sales Rankings:

*7,319 *1 Karneval [DVD+BD]: 2013/05/28 (possible event ticket boost)
*4,408 *1 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W [DVD+BD]: 2013/05/31
*2,230 *1 Yuyushiki [DVD+BD]: 2013/05/29

Expected, but disappointing nonetheless.

Articalys

One more number while I'm waiting/working on a full list: Girls und Panzer BD volume 5 absolutely shattered the series record so far with 33,450 copies sold in the first week.

CorvoSol

Mann you know there were other reasons besides that. 'Member the novel? You 'member.

I legitimately don't remember the character of Andreia Cavalcanti from the novel at all. So basically his every action in this episode has been completely out of left field to me. I guess I know what book I'm restarting tomorrow.

The Count of Monte Cristo 19

Where to begin? Albert and Eugenie are not coping with
the death of Franz
very well at ALL. Albert especially. He gets into a fight and gets beaten so badly he's knocked out, and has the trippiest nightmare, in which he desperately tries to save everyone from The Count and fails. He stabs The Count, only for The Count to be
Franz, who tells him he hates him and will forever.

Albert also has one hell of a good line in this episode: "Who the hell is Edmond Dantes? Why is
Franz dead
because of YOUR soap opera?"

Meanwhile, Andreia Cavalcanti unmasks himself as the single most fucking terrifying character in the show. Oh, Fernand, Danglars, Villefort, and even the Count are scary, but Andreia
announces to his mother that he is her son, feels her up and has sex with her, then almost rapes his sister, to whom he is betrothed. And that almost rape is the most terrifying thing. He RIPS HER CLOTHES OFF after chasing her and knocking her to the ground, then slides his hands around her before gripping her and laughing his ass off.
Horrific.

Also, Heydee tries to stop The Count, and awaken the good in him, but its too late. He sets in motion the plan to bankrupt Danglars.

wonzo

Banned
One more number while I'm waiting/working on a full list: Girls und Panzer BD volume 5 absolutely shattered the series record so far with 33,450 copies sold in the first week.
To give some context: Garupan vol5 is 18% up on vol4, which was the best seller to begin with. Sales are supposed to decrease over time.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Futari wa Precure Max Heart - 07

NmgIhHA.png

The passion heartiel seems pretty legit. I mean, it has its own pigeon as a ride for crying out loud, plus BURNING HEARTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom