• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Damn you Cajun, I just looked up Tsukasa Cellphone video. Just from that clip the show looks interesting.
tumblr_mneg22Qrv11r3eoono1_500.gif

fertygo

The Big O S2 - 02

Awful background continues, not even bother to pick screenshot.

But this is a good Big O episode, unlike the first one.. glad its still have something like this.

And Big O's gatling gun rocks.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
No. 6: 5-11 END

For a while there I thought I was gonna end up with another Romeo x Juliet ending on my hands!

Overall a good series, imo. The ending felt kinda forced and like it tried to tie up all the loose plot threads in one confusing, panicked mess. And normally that would be a big, bad thing...if the plot and the "get revenge and redemption from the evil city" was ever a thing for a viewer, when the real meat of the story lied with Ratt and Shion and the relationship between them. The kinda bittersweet ending was nice though.

The art was really good, the actions scenes were amazing fun (Ep. 10 had some really great combat action), the Eng. VAs were largely okay, the music was hit-and-miss at times, the story was a bit of a mess, the series was nice and short, there was at least a good emotional conclusion (even if it was superficially a mess), the setting was cool, and the relationship between Ratt and Shion was really well done. Overall, I'd probably give it an 8/10 (half tempted to knock it down a point for the end, kinda).

cajunator

Banned
No. 6: 5-11 END

For a while there I thought I was gonna end up with another Romeo x Juliet ending on my hands!

Overall a good series, imo. The ending felt kinda forced and like it tried to tie up all the loose plot threads in one confusing, panicked mess. And normally that would be a big, bad thing...if the plot and the "get revenge and redemption from the evil city" was ever a thing for a viewer, when the real meat of the story lied with Ratt and Shion and the relationship between them. The kinda bittersweet ending was nice though.

The art was really good, the actions scenes were amazing fun (Ep. 10 had some really great combat action), the Eng. VAs were largely okay, the music was hit-and-miss at times, the story was a bit of a mess, the series was nice and short, there was at least a good emotional conclusion (even if it was superficially a mess), the setting was cool, and the relationship between Ratt and Shion was really well done. Overall, I'd probably give it an 8/10 (half tempted to knock it down a point for the end, kinda).

I know nothing about this show other than I really like the OP.

hidamari sketch honeycomb 2

Fun eps. Yuno sighing is like the cutest thing ever. Now everything is back to normal... I'm gonna tear up at graduation eventually right :(

Hi all. I've been anxiously waiting to get accepted after hearing about this place from a few good friends (and stalking this thread). My main genre preference is magical girls, but I can enjoy mostly anything (my favorite anime in existence is Baccano! actually). I'm not all that up to date with anime, but I hope I can change that. The shows I'm currently watching are: Dokidoki Precure, Haiyore! Nyarko-san W, Darker than Black, Mushi-Shi, and eventually I'm going to start Nanoha StrikerS.

Have you watched K-ON!?

You should watch K-ON!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Sailor Moon S]
Satou also did ep 90 and ep 97, the Ami ep.

Satou and Ikuhara have another pair coming up with 109 and 110. Look forward to it! (Also 106, because reasons)
Endymion should feel bad about marrying a girl who doesn't know how to use a dictionary.

Also I can't help but feel that ending was a jab against us Brocures. ;_; Well the Brocures of the day.

Ezalc

Hm, I haven't watched Kaiji. Maybe I should get on that.

Doesn't Anaheim Electronics have major political clout in the gundam UC world? Also, the Vist Foundation in Unicorn has a massive amount of political power.
I felt like there would be something in some Gundam series which could be used. Could Celestial Being kind of be considered one?

CHOAM in Dune but that's a larger scope than what you're after, I guess.

Edit: It's a book too which you didn't specify. I've failed you, Ezalc.

It's alright, the problem here being that I won't have time to read the book in order to do what I need to.

One of those few times where I wish I had actually played FFVII.

jgminto

Hi all. I've been anxiously waiting to get accepted after hearing about this place from a few good friends (and stalking this thread). My main genre preference is magical girls, but I can enjoy mostly anything (my favorite anime in existence is Baccano! actually). I'm not all that up to date with anime, but I hope I can change that. The shows I'm currently watching are: Dokidoki Precure, Haiyore! Nyarko-san W, Darker than Black, Mushi-Shi, and eventually I'm going to start Nanoha StrikerS.

Hey! You should watch Hataraku Maou-sama! It's really good.

Pretty cool having these new people come by.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Again, I'll say that I legitimately don't understand people who aren't watching Maou-sama.

Everyone should be watching Maou-sama.

#TeamEmi

yami4ct

I felt like there would be something in some Gundam series which could be used. Could Celestial Being kind of be considered one?

Celestial Being is more of a paramilitary organization supported by some very wealthy benefactors. They don't really manufacture or sell anything so I don't really see them as a "company". I feel like the Vist Foundation is much closer to what you're looking for. It's unclear what the actually do, but at the very least the help design and develop mobile suits for the Federation. They also are able to blackmail the government into doing whatever they want because they have the Laplace Box, something that contains info that could totally destroy the Federation government.

CorvoSol

The Big O S2 - 02

Awful background continues, not even bother to pick screenshot.

But this is a good Big O episode, unlike the first one.. glad its still have something like this.

And Big O's gatling gun rocks.

Bro, it's all about the Tomatoes. You don't even know until you've seen the Tomatoes.

Also, wasn't the first episode of S2 that weird one with the stage and stuff? That episode was an awesome drug trip.

Pooya

Missed opportunity on the thread title.

should have been:

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l Moe Garbage, Shounen Garbage, All-in-One Thread.

-----------------------------------------
Gragantia - 8

This episode was extra pretty, nice music on top of it, good episode as a turning point for the story.

Another sign that Ledo's memory really has been tampered with? he's actually remembering his brother now. How long before he remembers who their enemy really are? like what was said about last episode, it's very obvious what's happening, I hope they don't wait until last episodes to reveal that and actually do it sooner, then do something interesting with the story.

2yczqi.jpg

Level Up! Ridget Learned Leadership!

Ezalc

Celestial Being is more of a paramilitary organization supported by some very wealthy benefactors. They don't really manufacture or sell anything so I don't really see them as a "company". I feel like the Vist Foundation is much closer to what you're looking for. It's unclear what the actually do, but at the very least the help design and develop mobile suits for the Federation. They also are able to blackmail the government into doing whatever they want because they have the Laplace Box, something that contains info that could totally destroy the Federation government.

That is true. The reason for my asking is that I need to write an essay that relates a theory of hegemonies in the modern world. Most are supported by big companies with political influence. I was trying to think of a good example to use, since we can use an example from anything, even fictional ones. Kind of hard to wrap my mind around the entire fact when I don't understand all that much about Wallerstein's World System's theory. Thanks for the help though. I was actually thinking of using Umbrella at one point but I don't think they have all that much political influence aside from terrorist actions.

Bro, it's all about the Tomatoes. You don't even know until you've seen the Tomatoes.

Also, wasn't the first episode of S2 that weird one with the stage and stuff? That episode was an awesome drug trip.

Big O is a drug trip.

Asobi ni Iku Yo OVA

The strip game theme should have just been the theme of every game, this is a fanservice OVA after all! I also think I learned more about mahjong in the one minute they talked about it in this than I did in all of those episodes of Saki I watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom