• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was OnkelC's cooking thread, basically?

But I don't want to make food, I just want to lust after and debate inane things regarding said food. I guess I could pop in and take a look but I don't think I'll be able to contribute much outside of "OMG I WANT THAT!"

Yes, keep me away from your food if it's gross. I don't want food poisoning.

My food is divine and you ain't sullying it with your filthy food lust!

I hated the show too!

Oh good, thought I was going crazy considering how easily GAF can hate something and SYD goes unscathed.

cajunator

Banned
For anyone who wants to watch Aria, I just noticed that Rightstuf put the first season up on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=ELUBu-GdB_TS0

It's only until June 3rd though.

You gotta discern betweeb good Aria and bad Aria.
this is very important!

Yes, keep me away from your food if it's gross. I don't want food poisoning.

Eight minutes into Asobi ni Iku Yo 12

sHAWMcJ.gif

"Why do all these smoking hot catgirls want to jump on my dick? Im so confused!"

It was an extremely temporary retreat for Kio being more dense than I ever thought any harem MC could be.

Quite dense but i've seen denser.

STill i must admit that his attitude is something else.
he has what ??? a entire ship of cat girls intrested in him , with 3 human females ?

Soma

Oh good, thought I was going crazy considering how easily GAF can hate something and SYD goes unscathed.
I'll be the first to admit that it's not a particularly great show as the jokes probably don't gel well with a lot of people and the production values aren't particularly high. However there's something oddly charming about the cast despite the whole lewd joke thing going on and the show is actually pretty devoid of any physical fan service despite that. For the most part, anyhow.

I dunno, it's weird to describe why I like it as much as I do and why it's such an easy show for me to rewatch. It's probably my favorite guilty pleasure anime.

Detective Conan 193:
Okay, that song got me. Perfectly played.

The ending of this arc was just as good as I remembered from the manga. In fact, the whole arc is pretty brilliant. Just the right mix of all the ingredients that go into Conan.

And that epilogue scene was hilarious. Poor Kogorou.

I don't see what's wrong with loving food. Everyone loves food.

Learn from your namesake Kirbyguy. Loving food means inhaling and savoring it and maybe even gaining powers from it. It's definitely not romancing or caressing or getting intimate with it.

One of you is an awful falafel and the other is Mac. That makes sense.

Ok, actual criticism time then. I enjoy crude and depraved humor when done right but SYD misses the mark. The delivery throughout what I saw just isn't satisfying. Nothing is done to build up or sell a joke well but instead every line simply feels rushed through. Fast paced humor is all well and good but this ain't Gintama and none of the VAs are Sugita, it all just fell flat. So with this rhythm of rapid setup and punchline with zero breathing room it starts to feel like a very direct 4-koma adaptation, I could practically count the panels in every skit!

cajunator

Banned
I just looked up this manga.

...thank you.

You're quite welcome!

But I don't want to make food, I just want to lust after and debate inane things regarding said food. I guess I could pop in and take a look but I don't think I'll be able to contribute much outside of "OMG I WANT THAT!"

My food is divine and you ain't sullying it with your filthy food lust!

Louisiana is a foodie's paradise.
its a delicious existence.

Learn from your namesake Kirbyguy. Loving food means inhaling and savoring it and maybe even gaining powers from it. It's definitely not romancing or caressing or getting intimate with it.

What would you consider playing with your food as.

And romancing/caressing/getting intimate is pretty savory in itself.

I'll be the first to admit that it's not a particularly great show as the jokes probably don't gel well with a lot of people and the production values aren't particularly high. However there's something oddly charming about the cast despite the whole lewd joke thing going on and the show is actually pretty devoid of any physical fan service despite that. For the most part, anyhow.

I dunno, it's weird to describe why I like it as much as I do and why it's such an easy show for me to rewatch. It's probably my favorite guilty pleasure anime.

The suzu jokes , Hata-san the newpaper club president , the MC imouto and the list goes on.
The main force behind SYD is the Cast diversity and their hability to turn EVERYTHING in the way they want.

The christmas episode with the gift running gag is a master piece on how silly the show can get.

What would you consider playing with your food as.

And romancing/caressing/getting intimate is pretty savory in itself.

It would be using your imagination to derive entertainment from it but that's enjoying it as a toy. You don't see a kid playing with a cardboard box and say "WOW billy is really getting into that box sex!". So I'd have to see playing with your food as a wholly separate thing from so called food sex, at best for you that would be foreplay with your food.

To me savoring food involves enjoying the smell, taste, and the mouthfeel of the food. Unless I'm misunderstanding "food sex" then what you enjoy about food goes beyond these three traditional ways of enjoying food, no?

It would be using your imagination to derive entertainment from it but that's enjoying it as a toy. You don't see a kid playing with a cardboard box and say "WOW billy is really getting into that box sex!". So I'd have to see playing with your food as a wholly separate thing from so called food sex, at best for you that would be foreplay with your food.

To me savoring food involves enjoying the smell, taste, and the mouthfeel of the food. Unless I'm misunderstanding "food sex" then what you enjoy about food goes beyond these three traditional ways of enjoying food, no?

Well for starters, there's more to sex than penetration. There's also Oral.

Second of all, I enjoy my food like anyone else does.

SAIN SEYA OMEGA - 55

This was , without a doubt a Excellent sain seya episode .

Classic but quite effective.

Let's start with some trivia :

Indeed the fight might be over , but the battles are still possible. Excellent advice shiryu !
Your son is taking the easy way , no doubt , but i don't blame him too much.
It was still silly to see him argue , whenwe know that the fight is not over already. I guess nobody could have told him seeing that he is far deep in the moutains.

Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2055_02.jpg

Oh !!! OHHHH !

Dat flashback , abzu curse is lifted , so he can see again !!! This is incredible news , and a nice way to send your son off actually.
Still it's kinda big news but i like it.

Saint%20Seiya%20Omega%20-%2055_03.jpg

burn !! BURN !!!!

Ryuho fight was well done , the indecision lasted a little longer than needed but it was a nice pay-off DAT DRAGON ACROSS THE HEAVENS

In simple terms : it was awesome.

Episode was trully awesome , a solid 8.5/10 i like it.

Next episode however seems to be awefull , ninja dude+steel dude+rockband?... This look awefull ...bracing for the mental impact ....

Roubjon

Kids on the Slope 04

I should have expected that this would have been a high school/romance show considering the characters and setting, but it's actually really good. All the jazz is great and I like the character development so far. It does a fantastic job at portraying why playing instruments can be so fun.

I haven't watched a bunch of anime at the same time in years, so catching up is pretty fun.

yami4ct

Kids on the Slope 04

I should have expected that this would have been a high school/romance show considering the characters and setting, but it's actually really good. All the jazz is great and I like the character development so far. It does a fantastic job at portraying why playing instruments can be so fun.

I haven't watched a bunch of anime at the same time in years, so catching up is pretty fun.

Kids on the Slope has some severe pacing issues, but I really adore it all the same. The Jazz sequences are so damn beautiful to watch and listen to. I also really appreciate just how sweet and earnest it is. It lacks a lot of the cynicism that plaques a lot of teen romance shows.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Maybe he just really likes creampies.

Well for starters, there's more to sex than penetration. There's also Oral.

Second of all, I enjoy my food like anyone else does.

Well why didn't ya just say so! Anywhere else if someone jokingly says "MMM FOODSEX!" I wouldn't give it much thought. here in AnimeGAF, well I just don't know sometimes. You do know this means the food is a pillow princess though right? :p

Roubjon

Kids on the Slope has some severe pacing issues, but I really adore it all the same. The Jazz sequences are so damn beautiful to watch and listen to. I also really appreciate just how sweet and earnest it is. It lacks a lot of the cynicism that plaques a lot of teen romance shows.

Yeah, the jazz sequences are definitely my favorite parts of the show. I'm always looking forward to when they sit down to play something.

Mature

Detective Conan 193:
Okay, that song got me. Perfectly played.

The ending of this arc was just as good as I remembered from the manga. In fact, the whole arc is pretty brilliant. Just the right mix of all the ingredients that go into Conan.

And that epilogue scene was hilarious. Poor Kogorou.
Oh, gosh. That scene at the restaurant where Shinichi comes back as Conan and tries to talk to Ran was so heartbreaking. I think I may have shed a few tears. Really, really good.

Kids on the Slope 04

Good to have you around! Kids on the Slope is great. =]

Well why didn't ya just say so! Anywhere else if someone jokingly says "MMM FOODSEX!" I wouldn't give it much thought. here in AnimeGAF, well I just don't know sometimes. You do know this means the food is a pillow princess though right? :p

The idea of getting third degree burns on my buddy makes me shrivel in agony.

And yes. A delicious pillow princess.

Hattori

Banned
Hello AnimeGaf, first time posting here x)

I've started to get burned out playing MH, and have really no games to look forward to other than Animal Crossing so I thought I would get back into anime to past the time.

I want to know recommendations on must watch shows that I've missed out on. (haven't really kept up with it until the spring season)

madp

The Light of El Cantare

I've started to get burned out playing MH, and have really no games to look forward to other than Animal Crossing so I thought I would get back into anime to past the time.

I want to know recommendations on must watch shows that I've missed out on. (haven't really kept up with it until the spring season)

Welcome! I can give more helpful recommendations if I know what the last season that you followed shows was, and like Mature said, some genre preferences are helpful.

Jintor

Ok, actual criticism time then. I enjoy crude and depraved humor when done right but SYD misses the mark. The delivery throughout what I saw just isn't satisfying. Nothing is done to build up or sell a joke well but instead every line simply feels rushed through. Fast paced humor is all well and good but this ain't Gintama and none of the VAs are Sugita, it all just fell flat. So with this rhythm of rapid setup and punchline with zero breathing room it starts to feel like a very direct 4-koma adaptation, I could practically count the panels in every skit!

Sucks to be you! I find the rapid fire comedy is exactly why it works. I love the little gags like the words rising above suzi`s head to indicate her position. I'm less enamored of the 4 koma jokes than I am the subjokes that surround them. And the cast, of course.

yami4ct

Since you gave no preferences or previously watched, I'm just gonna say the new Hunter x Hunter series. I have to imagine that show has near universal appeal for anyone even remotely into action shows.

cajunator

Banned
That sounds utterly divine. Never considered combining the two.

Its an experience.
like a spinach and crawfish boat or natchitoches meat pies and boudin.

Games suck.
watch Hataraku maou sama, attack on titan, sousei no gargantia, and muromi san.

Kids on the Slope 04

It does a fantastic job at portraying why playing instruments can be so fun.

This is definitely the best part of the show. It portrays music performance in an accurate manner and vividly conveys the joy of collaboration, the blissful ecstasy of the groove.

Asobi ni Iku Yo 12 (END)

ibd4sjip2Jj24U.jpg

Eris for real now, it's been 12 episodes.

So while making a rocket out of some sort of miracle science-magic to warp to another dimension to rescue the main neko-fleet,
all three main competitors confess their love with a smooch so even Kio can understand (HAREM END YESU) and Kio fucking alters his DNA to become a cat person.
I still feel it could have been more ridiculous/dumb, but I guess this will do.

This was certainly a harem show, but it was slightly better than most because it is about and contains many a catgirl. Though as aroused as I was, it got a bit too harem-y during the middle parts and the action scenes were pretty mediocre because they were obviously tagged onto the show (this LN is from 2003? Christ.) to make it seem less gimmicky I guess. Watch if you're eager to waste some time, want some smut but not that much smut, and you're really into cat ears I suppose!

Mature

I'm not really particular, I'm open watching to any genre. (big DC and Lupin fan if that helps)
DC as in Detective Conan? What's with the influx of DC fans? I'm not complaining.

If in your first post you were suggesting that you only have been paying attention to this spring season, then a good place to start is AnimeGAF's own 2012 Anime of the Year thread. It's a really stellar and varied list. I'll personally suggest JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Kids on the Slope, and From the New World, but I don't think you can go wrong with just about anything there.

yami4ct

I'm not really particular, I'm open watching to any genre. (big DC and Lupin fan if that helps)

How long have you been out of anime? It'd help narrow down the shows to look at suggesting.

From the last few seasons I'd say Hunter x Hunter, JoJo, Tiger & Bunny, Fate/Zero, and Kids on the Slope are worth a look. I really enjoyed Shinsekai Yori (From the New World), but it's a really up and down show so YMMV. It isn't an animated show, but I feel Akibaranger is probably something a lot of anime fans will enjoy on some level.

From this going season, Attack on Titan is the number one must. I don't enjoy Gargantia, but it's well liked so it's worth checking out. Valverave is not a "good" show in the strictest of sense, but it's a crap ton of fun to watch.

Also, watch Blood-C. Just do it. A show that must be experienced.

Hattori

Banned
Its an experience.
Games suck.
watch Hataraku maou sama, attack on titan, sousei no gargantia, and muromi san.

I'm going to recommend Hataraku Maou-sama! because it's great and pretty much everyone who has started it is enjoying it. Also Valvrave, Gargantia and Attack on Titan are good this season.

Don't listen to him.

FINE, Heartcatch Precure. There's my serious one.

And Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)

thanks, I'm watching SnK already but I'll give these a try

OK, time to list ten quirky favorites from recent years:

Colorful
Flowers of Evil/Aku no Hana
Hotarubi no Mori e
Hyouka
Jewelpet Kira Deco!
Jinsei Best Ten (Otona Joshi no Anime Time)
Shiranpuri
Tsuritama
Wandering Son
You Are Umasou

These all deserve to be watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom